The word "until"

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thekla

Matthew 22:42-46 (New International Version)

42"What do you think about the Christ[a]? Whose son is he?"
"The son of David," they replied. 43He said to them, "How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'Lord'? For he says,
44" 'The Lord said to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet." '[b] 45If then David calls him 'Lord,' how can he be his son?" 46No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Yes, Jesus rose to the right hand of the father until(a set period of time) the second comming when his enemies will be trampled under his feet. So until again shows a length of time not unlimited time. Check and Mate!

So after the enemies are trampled, then Christ will no longer have the same relationship with God the Father, but will somehow be inferior ?

Do many hold this curious theology in the west ?

And still, there has been no demonstration that ews or until demand a reversal of condition after the referenced time span ....

Upvote 0

Livindesert

Jun 21, 2005
✟2,834.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So after the enemies are trampled, then Christ will no longer have the same relationship with God the Father, but will somehow be inferior ?

Do many hold this curious theology in the west ?

And still, there has been no demonstration that ews or until demand a reversal of condition after the referenced time span ....

I already showed you Heos and how it works in Matthew. Apparently Orthodox do not believe in the second comming of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Livindesert

Jun 21, 2005
✟2,834.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"The son of David," they replied. 43He said to them, "How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'Lord'? For he says,
"Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet." '[b] 45If then David calls him 'Lord,' how can he be his son?" 46No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Yes, Jesus rose to the right hand of the father until(a set period of time) the second comming when his enemies will be trampled under his feet. So until again shows a length of time not unlimited time. Check and Mate!

QFT because I just slam dunked this one Shinbits!

Upvote 0

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟332,711.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

"Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies

But does the state change afterwards where Christ is no longer reigning? Your entire premise is that after the point in time referenced by the 'until', the state defined (Christ's reign) no longer continues. Is that what you believe?

And while you're at it, take a look at Matthew 16:28 which says "Most certainly I tell you, there are some standing here who will in no way taste of death, until they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom." Is it your belief they will die when they see Him coming?

Or how about Matthew 11:23 where Jesus says "You, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, you will go down to Hades. For if the mighty works had been done in Sodom which were done in you, it would have remained until this day." I'm supposing you wish to make the case that he is saying but if it did still remain, I would destroy it today?

Also, still no definition of "until" from an English dictionary that shows a required change of state after the referenced point in time? Should be easy enough to provide if that's the actual intent and meaning of the word.

Not even 'check'.

Upvote 0

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟332,711.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I already showed you Heos and how it works in Matthew. Apparently Orthodox do not believe in the second comming of Jesus.
Apparently you believe people are still going to die after his coming and he is no longer going to reign.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: lionroar0
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Apparently you believe people are still going to die after his coming and he is no longer going to reign.

It certainly appears to be what he's saying. So, who is it that doesn't believe in the Second Coming of Christ? ;)

Upvote 0

student ad x

Senior Contributor
Feb 20, 2009
just outside the forrest
✟29,077.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

239644-albums1818-20895.jpg

Staff is closing the thread for review of multiple reported posts. If a thread cleanup is possible, the thread will be reopened. Thank you for your patience in advance.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.