Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
IMO, the vast majority of contemporary christian music is unannointed and has been since the 60's. For the most part, the only anointed christian music you will hear in church are the old time songs and hymns.

Define anointed if you would please.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most charismatics and pentecostals define it as what moves them emotionally.

I have heard some say it cannot be anointed until the Leslie speakers kick in on the Hammond B3 organ.

Upvote 0

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟67,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Most charismatics and pentecostals define it as what moves them emotionally.

I have heard some say it cannot be anointed until the Leslie speakers kick in on the Hammond B3 organ.

I am not one with strong emotions so for me if I can enter a non-distracted state that would be great worship.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I am interested in hearing thoughts on this article: Popular Charismatic Worship Artist, Kari Jobe, Teaching Dangerous Theology. My sister just went to a Kari Jobe concert and was disconcerted by the amount of repetition and how loud it was. She felt something was amiss. Not much talk of Jesus just the Holy Spirit. Very experiential oriented.

Personally I dislike worship songs that go overboard on the repetition. Some is fine but other songs are little more than a few phrases repeated over and over again. Then there is the lack of sound theology in some of these songs...

I am not trying to throw out the baby with the bath water. I like contemporary worship. I just want more discernment.

Thoughts?

You (and anyone else who may be interested) might look this over when you get the chance. It is from the perspective of a music minister, and it covers a lot (music in Biblical times, music used in church, music outside of church, appropriateness of music, developing a philosophy of music, and more).

Musings on Church Music

God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Here is a personal commentary on Kari Jobe, the singer in question, to be examined with open mind, and to make of it what you will. A lot of good points can be found here.

Kari Jobe | Faith Seeking Understanding

I am not seeking to debate here; I'm merely presenting things from different perspectives (as is the case with any link I may post). Disagree if you must, but please do so respectfully, as we all view things differently. God speaks and deals with us uniquely as the individuals that we are.

Reactions: mnphysicist
Upvote 0

jesse67

Mar 15, 2017
Portland, oregon
✟18,308.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I know it when i hear it. i put some on my Facebook page thats super anointed.
Jimmy Swaggart's music is largely unannointed, buthe's the best. He does have a few moderately annolnointed songs. what a mighty God we serve, is an example of a very anointed song

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The website in the OP is, JMHO, largely rubbish. They confuse fighting for their preference with legitimate polemics. Not just this article, but in many different topics.

Even if they are correct in their belief of what happened with Christ during the 3 days between death and resurrection, they are totally incorrect that believing differently is a salvation/gospel issue. By indicating it is, they are adding to the gospel themselves.

Upvote 0