Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
the design was perfect (Gen. 1:31) until man ruined it by sin (Rom. 5:12), and brought curse into all of creation, including animals (Rom. 8:22)

Jesus Christ died on the cross, taking the sins of the world upon himself (Isa. 53:5) to save any who believe in him (1 Cor. 15:22).

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

Romans 10:9-10, what a deal.

If the design was perfect then man would not be able to ruin it at all.

Still avoids the other question I posed.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ellen is a prolific blasphemer and denier of Jesus Christ (1 John 2:22), and any professing Christian should abhor her wickedness (James 4:4)
yes but in the same way Jesus abhoed wickedness. For the most part it was very much in a gentle way with the number one concern being the individual and their salvation. You however are just a clanging cymbal or a resounding gong (1 Cor 13)

ellen wearing men's clothing
I've personally never seen this. How do you personally know that she is wearing mens clothing? Remember in biblical times mens & womens clothing were very similar. So just because she tends to wear pants and shirt does not mean she is wearing mens clothing. Evidence would be pictures in a shop of her purchasing mens clothing.

in her speech at the PETA Concert in 1988, ellen derides the Word of God by saying she doesn't know why people bother quoting the Bible to her, and then goes on to say that she actually likes "a couple of things" in the Bible
perfectly understandable. if a person doesn't believe in God or the bible what use is it saying "see the bible says your wrong". i am sure that she would be aware of the passages people are quoting so they aren't in fact saying anything new hence it is pointless. You remind me of the person who thought a person was cheating on their partner because they purchased two coffees. or in other words no evidence just assumptions and no proof the perfectly reasonable explanations are not valid.

Half the claims you make apply to every 2nd person in the world or more so realistically what on earth is your point?

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
ahhhh...1Cor22's heart is in the right place....He has just gotta figure out how "love each other" fits in.

Christians that get caught up in one worldly issue (or one person's sins) sometimes causes the main focus of Christianity to become jaded to them.

pray, pray, pray...

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
actually no that does not neccesarily follow.

Compare it to a gun. A gun can be designed perfectly but people can still choose to use it for evil.

yeah, I gotta agree with this...the free will that allows some to be atheist is the same free will that shows God's glory.

Which is what the world is all about from creation to creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ziggy29

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2009
Pacific Northwest
✟27,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't mind Ellen, she seems a perfectly acceptable human being. I certainly don't think she's a witch at all.
Like all of us, she is a sinner. And while we should call out sin as sin (for the purposes of helping others recognize and stop it), we also need to be most mindful of our own sins and leave ultimate judgment of others to God (Matt. 7:1-5) and realize that our own sins (and we all sin) are no better before the eyes of God than the sins "other people" commit (James 2:10).

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Matt's are not. Can the puppet be more coherent that the puppeteer?

What better disguise?

It was just a guess, this may be a whole new nut bar.

Upvote 0

1Cor22

Oct 29, 2012
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
ahhhh...1Cor22's heart is in the right place....He has just gotta figure out how "love each other" fits in.

Christians that get caught up in one worldly issue (or one person's sins) sometimes causes the main focus of Christianity to become jaded to them.

pray, pray, pray...

your prayers have been answered

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. (2 Tim. 2:3-4)

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matt. 10:34)

the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God (Eph. 6:17)

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. (Eph. 5:11)

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. (Hosea 4:6)

Preach the Word (2 Tim. 4:2-5, Mark 8:38)

Upvote 0

Chajara

iEdit
Jan 9, 2005
Milwaukee
Visit site
✟12,941.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
You better call me a blasphemer and a practicer of witchcraft then as I am a gay non pagan and also dont know why people bother quoting the bible to me as I do not follow it though I do like some things in it.

Go figure.

Bisexual polyamorous pagan here. I can only hope the OP immediately Googles the word "polyamorous", so that the entertainment continues.

Upvote 0

1Cor22

Oct 29, 2012
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe you're evil, but don't project onto the rest of us.

I'm not projecting anything, only preaching the Word of God.

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6)

For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not. (Ecclesiastes 7:20)

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. (John 3:7)

You will be able to share your sentiment with Christ, your Creator, that "the rest of [you]" are in fact not evil when you stand before him at judgment (2 Cor. 5:10).

Upvote 0

ziggy29

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2009
Pacific Northwest
✟27,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matt. 10:34)

the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God (Eph. 6:17)
And thus the teachings of Jesus are also the word of God from the mainstream Christian perspective. And those teachings include:

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. (Matt. 7:1-5)

Some of the snippets you posted before, IMO, don't easily reconcile with the Word of God as given by Jesus here. We can condemn sin itself, but judgment of the sinner belongs to God, for we are not fit to judge other sinners as long as we ourselves also sin. The OP in this thread is condemning the sinner, not just the sin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.