Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not projecting anything, only preaching the Word of God.

Doing-it-wrong.jpg

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
To the OP - wasn't it Jesus that said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?"

I have met quite a few Christians who respond with "Once I have been saved by Jesus, I have been without sin"

Likewise they respond to "Just not least ye be judged" with "I am pure and welcome judgement, which allows me to judge others"

Upvote 0

elephunky

Previously known as dgirl1986
Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I have met quite a few Christians who respond with "Once I have been saved by Jesus, I have been without sin"

Likewise they respond to "Just not least ye be judged" with "I am pure and welcome judgement, which allows me to judge others"

I'm fairly sure I have read many versus which say differently. I could probably find them too but Ive read waaaay too many versus than someone should in one day just from this thread lol

Upvote 0

ziggy29

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2009
Pacific Northwest
✟27,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

To which I would say that being saved by Jesus does not mean we don't sin. It means we are forgiven when we do, provided our faith is sincere.

Well, then if nothing else, they have no right to complain when others judge them. If they are willing to judge and they call themselves Christian, then according to Matt. 7:1 they'd better be ready to take it like they can dish it out.

Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
So just the True Christians(tm) then.

Women? How many of her are there? Is she like legion, or something?

Well duh! They clone you as soon as you join. Just to be on the safe side in case an operation goes wrong or something. ;)

Upvote 0

1Cor22

Oct 29, 2012
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
And thus the teachings of Jesus are also the word of God from the mainstream Christian perspective. And those teachings include:

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. (Matt. 7:1-5)

Some of the snippets you posted before, IMO, don't easily reconcile with the Word of God as given by Jesus here. We can condemn sin itself, but judgment of the sinner belongs to God, for we are not fit to judge other sinners as long as we ourselves also sin. The OP in this thread is condemning the sinner, not just the sin.

God is the only judge (John 8:50). God is the Word (John 1:1).

God's Word judges degeneres as a lying antichrist (1 John 2:22).

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:24)

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. (Matthew 7:5)

I am not a crossdressing, publicly practicing lesbian preaching the rejection of Jesus Christ and acceptability of practicing homosexuality to millions.

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith (Titus 1:13)

In this day and age of milquetoast Christianity, when the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God is wielded in truth, counterfeit Christians cower (Mark 8:38).

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:8-9)

Upvote 0

elephunky

Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
God is the only judge (John 8:50). God is the Word (John 1:1).

God's Word judges degeneres as a lying antichrist (1 John 2:22).

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:24)

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. (Matthew 7:5)

I am not a crossdressing, publicly practicing lesbian preaching the rejection of Jesus Christ and acceptability of practicing homosexuality to millions.

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith (Titus 1:13)

In this day and age of milquetoast Christianity, when the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God is wielded in truth, counterfeit Christians cower (Mark 8:38).

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:8-9)

If you came to preach then you are doing it in the wrong spot of the forum. You are posting in the News and Current Events area. Preaching has nothing to do with News or Current Events.

Upvote 0

1Cor22

Oct 29, 2012
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
Is this the video you are referring to my friend? ( I believe it may have inappropriate subjects)

Ellen DeGeneres Illuminati - YouTube

The lying antichrist (1 John 2:22) crossdressing preacher to millions of children of the virtues of homosexuality in that video is indeed terribly "inappropriate" and must be reproved (Eph 5:11).

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil (Isa. 5:20)

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee (Hosea 4:6)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ellen wearing men's clothing while preaching the acceptability of, and herself publicly engaging in homosexuality is blasphemy, proud willful denial of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Word of God made flesh (John 1:14)
She is lost, so we will put her in the category of "lost souls", like my Dad, my Mom and my brother. You are either for Christ or against him. All I can do is pray from them. It seems as you are so wound up in a fit of hate that it removes any peace in your own life -- chill. It is there nature not to want God in there lives and rebel. Pride is the biggest sin. Ellen is rich and famous and a lesbian -- bashing her won't save her nor will it score you any points in heaven or on this forum! Don't watch her on TV or anyone else that you find distasteful. Just deal with the people that are actually in your arena.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well this is right and it is wrong. It is right in the sense that once you have accepted Gods gift of grace then your sins are forgiven by the death of Jesus on the cross. So the sins have already been wiped away. It is wrong in the sense that nobody is perfect and we all stuff up.

hmm never heard that one myself but the judge not lest ye be judged in not the whole story. Ziggy did a good job in post #40 although I personally would have added a bit more to the explanation. There is absolutely no problem with judging a fellow believer. Since Ellen (to the best of my knowledge) does not profess to be a christian then there is no place for judging. The word judging is used a few times and it is a translation problem. Generally where judging is acceptable it is not in the sense of a final judgement and condemnation which is what the OP has done here.

To the OP - wasn't it Jesus that said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?"
an isolated part of scripture removed from its context. So yes he did but that is not the whole story. Just like you earlier left out the freewill part when saying if creation is perfect it should not have been able to be ruined. Considering christians can often be quite good at taking a passage out of context it is no big deal but worth noting.

So just the True Christians(tm) then.
I can understand why you say this but the simple fact is that there are people who say they are christian but aren't. In general christians have not dealt with this very well. On the one hand you don't want to have them saying stuff that isn't right and causing problems but on the other you don't want to tell them to get lost as that is counter to aim of showing them the truth. The best way to do that is to be around them. If you can figure out a good way to handle it then let me know and perhaps write a book and make millions!

Upvote 0

elephunky

Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
an isolated part of scripture removed from its context. So yes he did but that is not the whole story. Just like you earlier left out the freewill part when saying if creation is perfect it should not have been able to be ruined. Considering christians can often be quite good at taking a passage out of context it is no big deal but worth noting.

There are quite a lot of verses that would need the whole chapter quoted to get its full context.

I looked up that quote and even without the surrounding text its still valid on its own.

Upvote 0

1Cor22

Oct 29, 2012
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
She is lost, so we will put her in the category of "lost souls", like my Dad, my Mom and my brother. You are either for Christ or against him. All I can do is pray from them. It seems as you are so wound up in a fit of hate that it removes any peace in your own life -- chill. It is there nature not to want God in there lives and rebel. Pride is the biggest sin. Ellen is rich and famous and a lesbian -- bashing her won't save her nor will it score you any points in heaven or on this forum! Don't watch her on TV or anyone else that you find distasteful. Just deal with the people that are actually in your arena.

"chill" ?

His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. (Isa. 56:10)

Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. (Matt. 10:15)

According to the Word, ellen is evil (1 John 2:22) and must be reproved by God's Word (Eph. 5:11).

Calling a preacher of the Word (Eph. 5:11) as "bashing her" and "wound up in a fit of hate" is an affront to God. (John 1:1, Mark 3:29)

I will let God's Word guide me as opposed to your charge that preaching the Word (2 Tim. 4:2) and reproving evil (Eph. 5:11) will not "score you any points in heaven."

I'm definitely not trying to score points with other sinners (Gal. 1:10, James 4:4, Luke 21:17), and especially those ashamed of the Word of God and those who preach it.

Upvote 0

elephunky

Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
*facepalm*

Im thinking that this is either a troll, or a very misguided follower due to the fact the only stuff being posted are bible verses...and the fact that several posts are just being ignored because it cant be answered with a bible verse.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.