Michigan
Visit site
✟75,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Or so says the Financial Post. One of biggest newspapers in Oh Canada, eh:

The "inconvenient truth" overhanging the UN's Copenhagen conference is not that the climate is warming or cooling, but that humans are overpopulating the world.

A planetary law, such as China's one-child policy, is the only way to reverse the disastrous global birthrate currently, which is one million births every four days.

The world's other species, vegetation, resources, oceans, arable land, water supplies and atmosphere are being destroyed and pushed out of existence as a result of humanity's soaring reproduction rate.

Ironically, China, despite its dirty coal plants, is the world's leader in terms of fashioning policy to combat environmental degradation, thanks to its one-child-only edict.

The real inconvenient truth

:doh:

Last edited:

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Our planet could certainly support many, many more people if we all adopted aborigine lifestyles.

It would entail enormous sacrifice that very few, if any (except those who are already living aborigine lifestyles) would accept or embrace.

I am certain that even the Missionaries of Charity have a bigger carbon footprint than aborigine tribes...and very few, if any, would want to embrace their lifestyle, either.

I don't think it's necessary to adopt coercive practices to decrease population. Those who study the issue seem to believe that as the world moves away from agrarianism to technology, thereby making children economic liabilities instead of economic assets, population will stabilize, even in Africa, around 2050.

Upvote 0

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So, to make this thread more positive, what do you guys do to make your ecological footprint smaller? :)

I choose not to drive, don't even have a licence. Among other things.

I don't litter. And that's it. There's a difference between being a steward of the world and being a slave to ideology.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't litter. And that's it. There's a difference between being a steward of the world and being a slave to ideology.
You're kidding, right?

What about this whole "the problem is not overpopulation, but how we live", that you said :amen: to? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
To expand on my thought of steward versus slave a bit:

It's okay to plant trees, recycle, clean, and take care of the world so long as you don't do it out of hatred or indifference for mankind, out of enslavement to ideology, out of love for nature over love of neighbor, or out of bad habit. The proper spirit is one of charity - love of God and love of His creatures for love of God - and a man of charity is God's steward and his brother's keeper. It is out of respect for others that he keeps himself clean, and the same goes for keeping the planet well, and fixing what is wrong, and repairing evil done, all this in accordance to the Golden Rule: 'Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.'

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think we all do more than not litter but there is a difference in being a good steward & making it something that is unreasonable.

Al Gore preaches a lot on these things yet the homes he lives in are a direct contradiction to what he preaches.

Upvote 0

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
OK, and the only thing you do to take care of this world is to not litter. Thanks for explaining.

You're welcome. Little acts are not so little when we join them to the sufferings of Christ on the Cross, for than they become enormous. And because of the Cross we have no reason to worry and all the reason to trust and hope in God.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or so says the Financial Post. One of biggest newspapers in Oh Canada, eh:
The "inconvenient truth" overhanging the UN's Copenhagen conference is not that the climate is warming or cooling, but that humans are overpopulating the world.

A planetary law, such as China's one-child policy, is the only way to reverse the disastrous global birthrate currently, which is one million births every four days.

The world's other species, vegetation, resources, oceans, arable land, water supplies and atmosphere are being destroyed and pushed out of existence as a result of humanity's soaring reproduction rate.

Ironically, China, despite its dirty coal plants, is the world's leader in terms of fashioning policy to combat environmental degradation, thanks to its one-child-only edict.

The real inconvenient truth
:doh:

From The American Catholic:

Although I think this proposal of Mr. Francis is both evil and insane, I do give her props for saying out loud what many environmental hysterics only hint at: Man is the problem. Eliminate as many humans as possible and the environment can by saved to be enjoyed by the anointed few like Ms. Francis.

Ms. Francis apparently can view with equanimity the female infanticide, forced abortions, forced sterilizations and gender imbalance that have been the putrid fruits of the one child policy in China. An Orwellian society where the state determines family size is all right with her.

http://the-american-catholic.com/2009/12/10/global-one-child-per-family-policy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AmericanCatholic+%28American+Catholic%29

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You're welcome. Little acts are not so little when we join them to the sufferings of Christ on the Cross, for than they become enormous. And because of the Cross we have no reason to worry and all the reason to trust and hope in God.
Well, I was confused because you agreed with the fact that the way we live is the problem. So I was under the impression that you think people should change the way we live, including you. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, I was confused because you agreed with the fact that the way we live is the problem. So I was under the impression that you think people should change the way we live, including you. :sorry:

No need to apologize. I agree we all must do penance - interior (conversion) first, than external (penitential acts, proofs of repentance) - and that is the beginning of God's Will being done on Earth as it is in Heaven, but, at the same time, we mustn't confuse - as Satan dose - love of God and love of man. Indeed, Satan confuses love so that man might serve man rather than God. For example, an environmentalist might tell a Christian that he ought to do more for the environment to serve God. This would be a confusion of good service: we serve God not by making the environment better - because He has no need of an environment or anything at all, being Self-Sufficient - but by serving His creatures - and this by making the environment better for them, since God created it for His creatures - for love of God, since love of Love is the beginning and end of all actions and will be the measurement by which every soul is judged. This might sound like a long winded way of saying we serve God by serving environment, yet, the difference is the end: to serve God by serving the environment - to love God by loving the environment - is to equate God with man (as if God needs something) and man with God (as if the environmentalist is the highest authority) - while to serve God by serving man - to love God by loving man - is to obey the Commandment of the Lord: 'You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, and all your mind, and all your soul; and you shall love your neighbor as yourself'. It is the difference between adoration of the creature and sacramental matrimony.

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
from what i understand, it's not even the "over populated" countries that pollute the most, it's the most industrialized ones and those are not quite as populated... talk about passing the buck! we can see who value their lifestyle more then life itself :sigh:

lifestyle changes would make more of a difference IMO because what's the point of reducing population if those smaller population pollute just as much or even more :doh:

i use much less chemical cleaners. even personal care i eliminated chemicals there. i try to grow a garden in the summer. don't use any chemical insecticide/pesticide/fertilizer i even welcome weeds in my lawn. buy my meat from local organic farmer. i use reusable feminin igene product. also used cotton diaper for the kids. breast fed, so no need for formula, bottles and all the packaging it entail. i buy 95% of our cloth from thrift store. i try to use natural remedy as much as possible... chemicals are peed back out and polute the environment too. when i die, i don't want to be filled with formaldehyde either thank you :)

Upvote 0

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Good for you Anygma! :thumbsup: We seem to have the same ideas on gardening etc.

I agree with you that it is very important to change our lifestyle.

Some industrialized countries are very densely populated, including mine. Apart from the environmental damage it also leads to more aggression, more indifference to our fellow man, more impatience and intolerance.

Upvote 0