When it rains, it - well, rains...
Apr 23, 2010
You are where you are
✟7,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(NAS) 2 Sam 2:13 And Joab the son of Zeruiah and the servants of David went out and met them by the pool of Gibeon; and they sat down, Abner’s men on the one side of the pool and Joab’s men on the other side of the pool.

Upvote 0

Toot La-Rue

Apr 23, 2010
You are where you are
✟7,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(NAS) 2 Sam 2:16 And each one of them seized his opponent by the head and thrust his sword in his opponent’s side; so they fell down together. Therefore that place was called Helkath-hazzurim, which is in Gibeon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toot La-Rue

Apr 23, 2010
You are where you are
✟7,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(NAS) 2 Sam 2:21 So Abner said to him, “Turn aside for your own good to your right or to your left, and take hold of one of the young men for yourself, and take for yourself his equipment.” But Asahel was unwilling to turn aside from following him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Toot La-Rue

Apr 23, 2010
You are where you are
✟7,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(NAS) 2 Sam 2:22 Then Abner repeated again to Asahel, “Turn aside for your own good from following me. Why should I strike you to the ground? How then could I show my face to your brother Joab?”

Upvote 0

Toot La-Rue

Apr 23, 2010
You are where you are
✟7,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(NAS) 2 Sam 2:23 However, he refused to turn aside; so Abner struck him in the belly with the butt end of the spear, so that the spear came out at his back. And he fell there and died on the spot. And it happened that all who came thereafter to the place where Asahel had fallen and died, stood still.

Upvote 0

Toot La-Rue

Apr 23, 2010
You are where you are
✟7,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(NAS) 2 Sam 2:26 Then Abner called to Joab and said, “Should the sword devour forever? Do you not realize that it will be bitter in the end? So how long will you refrain from telling the people to turn back from pursuing their kinsmen?”

Upvote 0