• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

The way that President George W. Bush would handle a protester

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people say they don't like Bush. He wasn't perfect. He made mistakes. But he also had his good qualities. He promoted family values instead of the Hollywood values that are promoted today. He was sincere. He said what he meant and meant what said. And he allowed people to disagree with him. For example, he even didn't mind it when someone threw his two shoes at him.

Bush: "So What If The Guy Threw a Shoe At Me?"

Bush: "Thank you for apologizing on behalf of the Iraqi people. It doesn’t bother me. If you want the facts, it’s a size 10 shoe.”

Last edited:

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying that a YouTube video is neither discussion nor debate. Got any thoughts on what you posted?
You responded before I edited the OP to add my comment. I also edited my 2nd post with a comment.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A lot of people say they don't like Bush. He wasn't perfect. He made mistakes.

Starting a war because "He tried to kill my Daddy" isn't a mistake. Promoting and defending torture isn't a mistake.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Starting a war because "He tried to kill my Daddy" isn't a mistake. Promoting and defending torture isn't a mistake.
Bush would allow you to protest and say those things about him. He believed in freedom of speech to the point of letting people disagree with him and even letting people throw their shoes at him. That's the point of this thread.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bush would allow you to protest and say those things about him. He believed in freedom of speech to the point of letting people disagree with him and even letting people throw their shoes at him. That's the point of this thread.

Bush didn't let anything. The shoe thrower was injured as he was forcibly removed from the room, and it's speculated that he was afterward tortured.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bush didn't let anything. The shoe thrower was injured as he was forcibly removed from the room, and it's speculated that he was afterward tortured.
Whatever they did with him, it wasn't Bush that did it. Bush's attitude about it was, "So what if the guy threw a shoe at me." Bush was the one trying to get everyone to calm down. And this was in Iraq, in a dangerous war zone. By contrast, Obama, speaking at the White House, shamed a protester by saying, "You're in my house!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟575,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My point is that Bush handled protesters differently than today's top American political leaders.
Hey, that's great for Bush. He also nearly destroyed our economy... put us in two unpaid wars that we're still feeling the effects of by destabilizing the ME leading to the problem we have now with ISIS and received one of the lowest approval ratings in US history.

....but at least he can take a joke!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟575,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm guessing you must agree with Obama then since you clearly haven't been shipped off to a concentration camp for reeducation.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟575,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bush's attitude about it was, "So what if the guy threw a shoe at me."
Of course it didn't phase him. He knew what was going to happen next to the guy who threw the shoe.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm guessing you must agree with Obama then since you clearly haven't been shipped off to a concentration camp for reeducation.
What's the punishment for not buying Obamacare? There's a commercial on TV that keeps running reminding people that if they don't sign up for it they will be punished.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What's the punishment for not buying Obamacare? There's a commercial on TV that keeps running reminding people that if they don't sign up for it they will be punished.
What's the punishment for obstructing a DHS officer?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,823,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The two situations are not comparable at all. Bush was in a foreign country, had to be diplomatic, and the government folks there arrested the fellow right away. Obama was in the White House and the heckler was disruptive and did not stop til removed.

You went back to June 2015 to find an example to try and slam President Obama. He didn't have a silent person removed, or encourage or condone an assault on that person.

Upvote 0