✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
subscribing
Hi, Sharon. Welcome to the thread.

The following is very important, to those wondering when the Ezekiel 38-39 attack on Israel will happen. As I have been saying for several years now, this will probably happen when Turkey (Magog), Iran (Persia), Sudan (Cush) and Libya (Phut) find themselves on the same side in the Middle East conflict. Up until now, Turkey and Iran have been at odds with one another because of the conflict in Syria. This situation, as can be seen by the article below, has been rapidly changing in the past few weeks. Even before this, signs have been pointing in this direction:

1. Turkey's joining the Russia-China-based Shanghai Cooperation Council as an observer last year (Iran is also associated with the SCC)
  2. Turkey's shift from the US and other NATO countries recently toward China, from whom it is buying its missile defense system to replace NATO-supplied Patriot batteries along the Syrian border
  3. Former Egyptian President Morsy's overtures toward China earlier this year, while he was still in power. He normalized relations with Iran, the first Egyptian President to do so since the rise to power of Ayatollah Komeini in 1979. Morsy was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, which is allied with the Islamic party of Turkey's current rulers. When Morsy was deposed, Egypt again distanced itself from Iran -- and drew extreme ire from PM Erdogan of Turkey.
Turkey and Iran sign secret intelligence cooperation pact. Ankara rolls up anti-Iran spy rings
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report November 3, 2013, 8:12 AM (IDT)

n-TURKEY-IRAN-large570.jpg

L: Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu. R: Iranian Supreme Leader Khameini

"Turkish and Iranian Foreign Ministers Ahmet Davutoglu and Javad Zarif secretly signed in Ankara a pact covering intelligence cooperation between their two countries, Friday, Nov. 1, debkafile’s excusive sources report.

"Although a member of NATO, Turkey undertook under this accord to stop cooperating with any third countries in spying on Iran and to roll up anti-Iranian spy rings operating from its soil. Most significantly, the Erdogan government agreed to end the activities of agents collecting information on Iran from the Turkish side of the Iranian border..."

-- Turkey and Iran sign secret intelligence cooperation pact. Ankara rolls up anti-Iran spy rings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Bland - I follow this very closely because I feel that Israel is the time clock for the end time events. It is interesting to read what someone familiar with it all has to say and tie it into Scripture. I may not contribute much because I don't understand it all, but I am very interested and reading what you write. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you Bland - I follow this very closely because I feel that Israel is the time clock for the end time events. It is interesting to read what someone familiar with it all has to say and tie it into Scripture. I may not contribute much because I don't understand it all, but I am very interested and reading what you write. Thanks again.
Hi, Sharon.

I agree with you, about Israel being a "time clock". That said, I hope you realize that in talking about events leading up to the Turkish attack on Israel, I am not speaking about the immediately pre-Millennial battle of Zech 14 and the "Gog AND Magog" battle predicted AFTER the 1000 reign of Messiah. I am talking about a rather limited battle between, on the one side, Turkey, Iran, Sudan and Libya and, on the other side, Israel.

Many Bible commentators, over the years, have identified Magog with Russia. This is understandable, because it makes America the good guys in the white hats, and our old enemies, the Russians, the bad guys in the black hats. I have not held to these theories, because so many attacks on Israel have come from Turkey (the Medes & Persians, the Greeks, the Romans, and finally the Ottomans), whereas none have ever come from Russia; and because the countries associated with Gog (aka Gyges, who used to rule in western Turkey) -- Meshech, Tubal, Gomer & Togarmah -- that there is no need to suggest the prophecy refers to the Russians.

Nevertheless, the Russians have certainly advanced themselves in the Middle East, REPLACING the US as the paramount power in the Eastern Mediterranean. That gives tremendous clout to them and to the countries that are supported by them, such as Iran and Syria. Even former close US allies, such as Saudi Arabia and Egypt, in fact, have approached the Russians offering to become their allies; and it is only because the Russians themselves have shown little inclination to respond, that no major deals have been struck yet. The following article demonstrates just how much the US has declined during the past year, and the Russians have advanced:

From Russia, With Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles
November 1st, 2013 - 10:42 pm

"It’s a sign of just how fast the balance of world power is shifting, that Russia’s President Vladimir Putin oversaw a huge exercise of Russia’s nuclear forces this Wednesday, involving — as the AP reported – “multiple test launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles, ...160,000 troops, about 5,000 tanks, more than 100 aircraft and dozens of navy ships.”

"This week’s nuclear attack drill was eye-catching not only for its size and scope, but for how relatively little attention Russia’s nuclear exercise drew in an America currently focused on the chaos of canceled health insurance policies, soaring premiums and a dysfunctional HealthCare.gov web site..."

-- The Rosett Report » From Russia, With Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles

By contrast, not only hasn't the US conducted an exercise involving 160,000 troops since the 1990s; it only has about 10,000 combat ready troops:

Only Two US Army Brigades Now Combat Ready, Chief Says
Oct. 21, 2013 - 03:45AM |
By LANCE M. BACON |

-- Only Two US Army Brigades Now Combat Ready, Chief Says | Defense News | defensenews.com

That supports the idea that the US and NATO (the "merchants of Tarshish", when Turkey is excluded) will be mere bystanders in the Ezekiel 38-39 attack.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do you think Damascus comes into this - for the past several months the only thought that keeps coming into my mind is 'Damascus destroyed' - I know the Bible says that Damascus will be destroyed overnight - do you think that is far into the future? I have no idea why that keeps being forefront in my mind.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where do you think Damascus comes into this - for the past several months the only thought that keeps coming into my mind is 'Damascus destroyed' - I know the Bible says that Damascus will be destroyed overnight - do you think that is far into the future? I have no idea why that keeps being forefront in my mind.
Hi, Sharon

I've seen the "Damascus Destroyed" item many times in Christian and Jewish circles. There is nothing to it, in my opinion.

2 Kings 16
[8] And Ahaz took the silver and gold that was found in the house of the LORD, and in the treasures of the king's house, and sent it for a present to the king of Assyria.
[9] And the king of Assyria hearkened unto him: for the king of Assyria went up against Damascus, and took it, and carried the people of it captive to Kir, and slew Rezin...
[20] And Ahaz slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David: and Hezekiah his son reigned in his stead.

Isaiah was certainly prophesying before this time:

Isaiah 1
[1] The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.

The book of Isaiah covers ALL of Isaiah's prophecies, including those fulfilled before he died. His specific prophecy concerning Damascus was this:

Isaiah 17
[1] The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

The city was destroyed, and its people exiled. Damascenes today claim that they are the "oldest continuously inhabited city, dating back 5,000 years; but if 2 Kings 16 is to be believed, they were NOT continuously inhabited: They were exiled by the Assyrians in 732 BC. Concerning their being "a ruinous heap", there is no evidence to contradict this; and I doubt that the inhabitants would have allowed the Assyrians to break in and take them captive without a battle that involved much destruction.

If you read Ezekiel 38-39 carefully, no mention is made of either Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Gaza or Egypt. All of these are old enemies of Israel, but they are not prophesied to be part of the attacking coalition. At the moment , all these places are so occupied with internal conflicts, they cannot effectively attack Israel or any other country. Damascus is certainly a "heap of ruins" today; I simply don't believe this has anything to do with Isaiah 17.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As Kerry met Egyptian and Saudi leaders, planning advanced for a Russian naval base in Egypt
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report November 4, 2013, 9:35 PM (IDT)

161313172.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Nuclear-powered missile cruiser Pyotr Veliky[/FONT]

...debkafile’s military sources report that the two new arrivals [besides Russia’s Pacific Fleet flagship, the Varyag, and the powerful nuclear-fueled battleship Pyotr Veliky] expand Russia’s Mediterranean naval presence to 16 vessels. Among them are the missile cruiser Moskva and three of Russian navy’s largest amphibian craft, the Aleksandr Shabalin, the Novocherkassk and the Minsk, all carrying large detachments of marines, and a fourth landing craft, the Azov, there since last month...

...the largest Russian presence ever in the Mediterranean with the strongest firepower of any other force in the eastern and central stretches of this water. Russian warships are now present opposite Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, the Suez Canal and Libya... Saudi Arabia engineered the Russian-Egyptian rapprochement with a view to bringing Russian military advisers back to Egypt for the first time since they were thrown out in 1972.

-- As Kerry met Egyptian and Saudi leaders, planning advanced for a Russian naval base in Egypt

The US has essentially quit the eastern Mediterrean. This latest move also will give the Russians command of the Suez Canal, a vital lifeline between Europe and Middle Eastern oil. There is a greater strategic concern, which interests me: If Russia can establish naval bases in Egypt, it will be less dependent on its base in Syria. This will allow Russia to rapidly respond to political changes in the area -- even abandoning Bashar Assad, if need be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NOTES ON SAUDI-EGYPT-IRAN-RUSSIA-TURKEY RELATIONS

" In July 2013, after the bloody counter-revolution by the military junta under the de facto leadership of Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, the acting foreign minister of the interim government Nabil Fahmy announced that Egypt seeks stable and positive ties with the Islamic Republic of Iran."

-- Egypt–Iran relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saudi Arabia and U.A.E. Preparing for War with Iran? Major Purchases of “Bunker Buster” Bombs and Missiles from Pentagon
By Timothy Alexander Guzman
Global Research, October 18, 2013
Silent Crow News

-- Saudi Arabia and U.A.E. Preparing for War with Iran? Major Purchases of “Bunker Buster” Bombs and Missiles from Pentagon | Global Research

Adly Mansour on Relations with the Gulf, Iran, Turkey and the US
Written by : Adel Al Toraifi
on : Wednesday, 9 Oct, 2013

[Asharq Al-Awsat]: The Syria case is one of the few issues on which Egypt and Saudi Arabia do not agree. How do you explain this difference in opinions?

[Egypt’s interim president Adly Mansour]: Egypt is a sovereign nation and its political decisions are completely independent, so bear in mind that Egypt considers its own interests first and foremost. Of course, we consult with our friends and allies in the region, we listen to their opinions and they listen to ours...

Q: Did Egypt change its opinion of Iran after Rouhani won the presidential elections?

A:...Any future Egyptian-Iranian cooperation, if there is any, will be supportive of the Gulf Arab interests.

Q: What do you think of Qatar’s and Turkey’s positions on Egypt and the revolution of June 30th?

A: ...We have received, for example, requests from a number of Turkish political parties—some from a grassroots level and others are from the official party level—to distinguish between the positions of the Turkish people and the positions adopted by the current prime minister... In regards to Qatar, ...It is not yet clear to us whether this change will affect Egyptian-Qatari relations and lead us out of this negative phase.he two countries...

Here I would like to make it clear that bullying by some foreign parties will result in more than just rejection. In this community, rejection will not only mean problems abroad, but also domestically. The coming days will show that the people will correct the mistakes of their leaders, just as the great Egyptian people corrected the mistakes of their former leaders.

-- Adly Mansour on Relations with the Gulf, Iran, Turkey and the US | ASHARQ AL-AWSAT

The above demonstrates that Egypt has no plans to get out-of-step with the Saudis; so Egyptian-Iranian relations depend on whether or not Iran reconciles with the Saudis regarding Iranian plans to make nuclear weapons. As it is unlikely that this will happen, it seems the Russians will have to decide, in the future, between a Saudi-Egyptian camp and the Syrian-Iranian camp. Having naval bases in both Syria and Egypt gives Russia a foot in both doors.

Concerning Turkey, there is a deep rift between them and Egypt, due to the Turkish ruling party's connection with the Muslim Brotherhood. Egyptian President Mansour strongly suggests that the rift will only be healed, if the current Turkish regime is overthrown. I don't see any sign that this will happen; but if that regime is seriously threatened, this could draw Turkey and Iran toward one another. One thing that would almost certainly ensure this, would be an Israeli attack on Iran [probably covertly supported by Saudi Arabia].

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OBAMA-PUTIN ATTEMPT TO STRONG-ARM ISRAEL

The visit of US Secretary of State John Kerry to Israel was not about any "peace talks" with Palestinian Arab terrorists. It concerned Iran's plans to produce nuclear weapons with which to attack Israel. Essentially, it was an implicit warning to Israel by the US President, that Washington is conspiring with Russian President Vladimir Putin to strike a deal with Iran that means a slow death to Israel. The plan goes like this:

1. The US and Russia plan to make an agreement with Iran that allows Tehran to produce and keep enough near-weapons grade uranium to produce weapons in an instant -- in ten days, to be precise, once they decide to advance to full weapons grade.

2. When Iran gets to this point, at a time of its choosing, any response will be the result of agreement between Obama and Putin. Judging by the performance of both in the recent "red line" chemical weapons crisis in Syria, what this amounts to is inaction by both parties while the Ayatollah builds his warheads, mounts them on missiles, and fires them at Israel.

3. Israel will be left with two choices:

(a) attack Iran, opposed by both Washington and Moscow -- with nuclear weapons, if need be, or

(b) give deep concessions to both: giving away half its land, putting its nuclear weapons under US-Russian control, and becoming a puppet of the Great Powers.

14451.jpg

This is an extremely dangerous game for Mr. Obama to be playing -- dangerous to the American people. At best, he is letting Mr. Putin take over affairs in the Middle East (and Europe, by the way -- Europe is dependent on Russian and Middle East oil, not us). At worst, he is forcing Israel to go to war with Iran.

Israeli PM Netanyahu has scheduled a meeting in Russia with Putin in a few days, to get a more complete assessment of what's on the table.

Major Israel-US rift over Washington plan to let Tehran continue enriching uranium with sanctions relief
DEBKAfile Special Report November 7, 2013, 10:12 AM (IDT)

-- Major Israel-US rift over Washington planl to let Tehran continue enriching uranium with sanctions relief

Moscow announces Netanyahu to meet Putin in two weeks – as Kerry lands in Jerusalem
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report November 5, 2013, 9:49 PM (IDT)

-- Moscow announces Netanyahu to meet Putin in two weeks – as Kerry lands in Jerusalem

390-obama-0419.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A FOOTNOTE ON IRANIAN NUCLEAR TALKS
(and why "nuclear" is an anagram for "unclear")

Geneva fallout: Iran becomes a nuclear power, followed by Saudis. Israel loses trust in Obama
DEBKAfile Exclusive Analysis November 8, 2013, 1:34 PM (IDT)

"...no one was ready to admit exactly what the agreed “freeze” applied to and how far it is from “dismantlement “

"Iran had in fact already achieved all the makings of a nuclear bomb and was holding them in place ready for assembly. Uranium enrichment will furthermore continue although at a low grade.

"At any moment, Tehran may decide to assemble those components and produce a bomb and has the capacity to do so before the US or Israel catch on to what is happening..."

-- Geneva fallout: Iran becomes a nuclear power, followed by Saudis. Israel loses trust in Obama

ObamaTwoFace.jpg

So much for Obama's calculated treachery. The ball is now in Israel's court, to act in its national interest -- something I seriously doubt they will do.

netanyahu-obama.jpg

Israeli PM Netanyahu (L), and his boss
MISCELLALNY:

"...Did you know... Of the 8 individuals who have won Nobel Prizes this year, 6 are Jewish, 2 are Israeli, and 1 is a Holocaust survivor"

-- from tweet quoted on The real reason why Jews win so many Nobel prizes - Opinion Israel News | Haaretz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obama has made sure that the Bible prophecy of Israel will stand alone will come true - he eased the sanctions on Iran right after the new president was installed paving the way for Iran to complete the nukes.
Exclusive: Obama’s Secret Iran Détente - The Daily Beast

Israel needs our prayers - that tiny country surrounded by nukes - but we know they will not be defeated - the Bible says that when Israel became a nation again that it would never again be defeated. But there are millions of lives in danger right now - it is about to explode.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obama has made sure that the Bible prophecy of Israel will stand alone will come true - he eased the sanctions on Iran right after the new president was installed paving the way for Iran to complete the nukes.

Israel needs our prayers - that tiny country surrounded by nukes - but we know they will not be defeated - the Bible says that when Israel became a nation again that it would never again be defeated. But there are millions of lives in danger right now - it is about to explode.
HI, Sharon

I responded to this a couple of days ago, but the post seems to have died in transit.

Israel has been involved in several phases of war since 1948. I say "phases", because there has not been a comprehensive peace between Israel and the Arab League, since they first attacked Israel in 1948. It's probably most instructive, to deal with the belligerents one at a time:

1. Egypt

Egypt attacked Israel in force in 1948, 1956, 1967 and 1973, and signed a peace treaty in 1979. Egypt quit claims to Gaza, and allowed Sinai and Tiran Is. to be policed by an international force. In return, Israel vacated the Sinai completely in 1982.

2. Jordan

Jordan's British-officered "Arab Legion" was the most effective in the 1948 phase of the war, being the last to agree to a ceasefire after its partners had all quit the field. Jordan again attacked Israel in conjunction with the Egyptians and Syrians in 1967. In 1970, Israel supported Jordan's monarchy against a joint PLO-Syrian attack. In 1994, Jordan signed a peace treaty with Israel. It quit claims to lands west of the Jordan River, but retained official guardianship over the Muslim sites on the Temple Mount.

3. Lebanon

Lebanon attacked Israel in 1948, but quickly pulled out. In the 1970s and 1980s, it was embroiled in a civil war. Israel intervened in order to protect its interests in 1982. Up until 2000, Israel partnered with the South Lebanese Army, a local Christian force, to keep Hizbullah from setting up bases in the south of the country. When Israeli PM Barak abruptly pulled out Israeli troops, Hizbullah quickly took over in the south, where it now has about 100,000 rockets stockpiled for attacking Israel. The ceasefire has been breached many times by Hizbullah, the latest resulting in brief open hostilities in 2006.

4. Syria

Syria attacked Israel in 1948, 1967 and 1973 -- the last battle resulting in one of the largest tank engagements in modern times. The Syrian army was decimated, and agreed to a ceasefire in the Golan Heights that has held to this day. No treaty was ever signed though. Syria continues to claim the Golan Heights, which have been formally annexed by Israel.

5. Iraq

Iraq attacked Israel in 1948, occupying the Samaria region until quitting and turning it over to the Jordanians. Iraqi President Saddam Hussein attacked Israel without provocation in 1981 with SKUD rockets, but Israel did not retalliate. Hussein ultimately was defeated and hung by a multinational force led by the US. Iraq has never signed a treaty with Israel, nor acknowledged its existence.

6. Saudi Arabia

The Saudis attacked Israel in 1948, but quickly quit. They have never signed a treaty with Israel, though, nor acknowledged its existence. No Jews are allowed in Saudi Arabia

7. The "Palestinian Authority"

A "Palestinian Nation" was declared in 1974 by Yasser Arafat, an agent of Egyptian Intelligence. Its aim is the "liberation" of all Israel, and the expulsion of the Jews living there. In 1994, Arafat was elected the leader of the "Palestinian Authority" in Jericho, Nablus, Tulkarm, Hevron and Gaza. In 2007, Arafat's PLO was expelled from Gaza by another terrorist group, HAMAS. The PLO refuses to recognize Israel as a Jewish state, and has never signed a definitive peace treaty with it. The PLO has fought intermittently against Israel almost continually, with open warfare from 2000 to today.

8. Gaza -- HAMAS

Israel evicted all Jews from Gaza in 2005, and pulled out its armed forces. In 2007, HAMAS outsed the PLO administration, and took over full control. HAMAS has almost continually been at war with Israel, attacking Israeli communities such as Sderot and Ashkelon with rockets, and occasionally sending long-range rockets to Tel Aviv and the outskirts of Jerusalem. HAMAS vows never to recognize Israel, and says it will not abide by any treaty, should one ever be signed, between Israel and the PLO.

9. Yemen and Libya.

During various engagements between 1948 and 1973, Yemen and Libya have pledged their support for the Arab armies; but they never offered effective assistance. Neither recognizes Israel's right to exist.

The bright side of all this, is that War against Israel has had relatively little impact on the area. The conflicts between the Iranians and Iraqis, the Kurdish resistance in Turkey, the Gulf War and the Syrian War have each been more deadly than all the Arab-Israeli wars in history; and Israel continues to be one of the world's safer countries.

The big news today is the awful typhoon damage in the Philippines. As usual in such disasters, Israel has provided early and effective assistance. God bless and keep them, and help them in their work.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Netanyahu: ‘Bad deal’ with Iran will only lead to war
Published time: November 13, 2013 22:46

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has warned that lifting sanctions on Iran without demanding sufficient concessions in return will only encourage Tehran on its path to nuclear armament and lead to future conflict...

-- Catharsis Ours: War watch - Egypt , Iran , Syria and Libya in focus November 13 , 2013.....

This is good news, for those who don't want Israel to attack Iran any time soon. ("Bibi")Netanyahu is still talking about a "future" conflict, to take place AFTER a "bad deal". Considering that such a bad deal could be years in the making, this means that Iran will certainly have nuclear warheads fitted on its missiles before Israel will do anything.

Bibi is sounding more and more like Obama, every day.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Israel has nukes of its own.

PressTV - World should focus on Israel's nukes: Analyst

The US also gives Israel around 3 billions dollars in Federal aid per year, much of which is spend on military hardware.

The Staggering Cost of Israel to Americans

"Yet, Israel receives more of America’s foreign aid budget than any other nation.[4] The US has, in fact, given more aid to Israel than it has to all the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean combined—which have a total population of over a billion people.[5]"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is good news, for those who don't want Israel to attack Iran any time soon. ("Bibi")Netanyahu is still talking about a "future" conflict, to take place AFTER a "bad deal". Considering that such a bad deal could be years in the making, this means that Iran will certainly have nuclear warheads fitted on its missiles before Israel will do anything.

Bibi is sounding more and more like Obama, every day.

BiBi is way ahead of the game - he knows exactly what is going on with Iran and will not let it happen. With or without any help.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Staggering Cost of Israel to Americans

"Yet, Israel receives more of America’s foreign aid budget than any other nation.[4] The US has, in fact, given more aid to Israel than it has to all the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean combined—which have a total population of over a billion people.[5]"

Is there a reason for this, a context a justification perhaps?

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BiBi is way ahead of the game - he knows exactly what is going on with Iran and will not let it happen. With or without any help.
Hi, Sharon.

David Ben-Gurion (דוד בן-גוריון) was PM of Israel from May 1948-Jan. 1954, then from Nov. 1955 to June 1963 -- 13 yrs., 5 mos. altogeter. Binyamin Netanyahu (בנימין נתניהו) held that office from June 1996 to July 1999, then from Mar. 2009 to present -- 7 yrs., 8 mos. and counting. That makes him the second-longest-serving Prime Minister of Israel, after its founding father.

Ben_Gurion_1959.jpg
L: David Ben Gurion, first PM of Israel

bibi-and-father-3-500x340.jpg

Above: Prime Minister Netanyahu (R), playing chess with his father.

Bibi has done a capable job of ruling Israel. During the ten years he was out of office, three prime minsters led Israel, whose names I will not mention.

The first one ignominiously abandoned Israel Crhistian allies in Lebanon, allowing Hizbullah to set up shop right next to Galilee. This emboldened Israel's enemies, to start a campaign of massacring Israeli women and children with suicide bombings, lasting several years.

His successor forcibly evicted 10,000 Jews from their homes in the Gaza Strip. He was under investigation for financial wrongdoing by his son, and was struck down by a stroke that he has not recovered from for eight years.

His successor attacked Jewish villagers in Amona, of Benjamin, with mounted cossacks, to forcibly expel them from their homes. He had to step down as PM, with the Vice-PM standing in for him until Bibl's election, indicted in a financial scandal.

During his time in office, opposed by Presidents Clinton and Obama, strong adversaries of Israel, Mr. Netanyahu has managed to avoid expelling Jews and giving away their land -- save for Hevron, which he gave to the Arabs in his first term. He also began the policy of "settlement freezes" on government land, hoping to bring the Arabs to serious bargaining; but they have never reciprocated the gesture. He also copied his predecessors, in releasing hundreds of convicted Arab murderers and accomplices, also as gestures to encourage the "peace process" -- again, with no reciprocation by the Arabs.

It's God who has kept Israel, in spite of its rather weak-kneed leaders and its treacherous American allies. Israel's enemies have been so busy killing one another of late, they can't attack Israel; and President Obama has made such an awful mess of things, at home and abroad, that he can't oppose her either. Of late, even the French have stood by Israel (for their own reasons), tripping up the US President in his mad rush to appease the Iranians.

Israel's enemies have come to ignominious ends; but the people of Israel live!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Well, he seems to have been bluffing all this time. And it always seems to be 'the Iranians will get a nuclear weapon by the end of the year!'... this has been for years now.

Israel attacking Iran would be catastrophic, and would pave the way for Sunni powers like Saudi Arabia to dominate the region. And Wahhabi Saudi Arabia is a much bigger threat to Israel than some jokers in Tehran.

Upvote 0