"The walls are closing in," as Donald has a bad week.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
‘The walls are closing in’: Trump reels from week of political setbacks

No single week in the year since Trump left the White House has been as dramatic, or for him as potentially catastrophic, as the one just passed.

It included a rebuke from the supreme court over documents related to the 6 January insurrection which Trump incited; news that the congressional committee investigating the riot was closing in on Trump’s inner circle; evidence from New York’s attorney general of alleged tax fraud; and, perhaps most damaging of all, a request from a Georgia prosecutor for a grand jury in her investigation of Trump’s attempt to overturn the 2020 election.

The week ended with the leaking of a document showing that Trump at least pondered harnessing the military in his attempts to overturn Joe Biden’s victory.

I was going to call it his "worst" week, but then I remembered...

simpsons-bart-simpson.gif

Thoughts?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How long have the Walls been closing in on Donald Trump? Or rather how many years have they been closing in on him? Rachel Maddow New's segments come to mind here.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How long have the Walls been closing in on Donald Trump? Or rather how many years have they been closing in on him? Rachel Maddow New's segments come to mind here.

The primary difference between then and now is that Donald controls no levers of government power.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe it is essential for trump to receive comeuppance for any nefarious behavior. America needs to witness him being held accountable for what he has perpetrated on our republic. Americans need to see this for some cathartic healing. And to deter the next, brighter demagogue from such self-serving corruption.
I can hear the DA now...."Sir, we are all aware how unfair life has been for you. Now will you PLEASE just answer the question!"

Upvote 0

SuperCow

Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2018
Leonardtown, MD
✟199,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, and for a while I believed all the right wing sites that Hillary Clinton's walls were closing in on her too. I think you will, like almost every other politically agitated group be disappointed too.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Comparing investigations into Hillary's emails to Donald Trump's criminal investigations all up and down the east coast is laughable--the primary reason being "evidence."

Has anyone ever paid as many lawyers to file suits to prevent their tax returns, memos, and files from being requrested in legitimate investigations for legitimate purposes?

He promised Americans he would release his tax returns when they were no longer under audit And so if you've been waiting for six years, you will finally get your wish.

And hopefully on that happy day every American should realize that when a politician goes to the efforts Trump does to prevent any medical, financial, and business information from being seen there is usually a lot of reasons for that secrecy.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My prediction is the same as every prediction I make for most rich guys who are connected when things are uncovered....

They'll uncover some dirt, but it won't impact him in any meaningful way.

How many former presidents have been shady? A lot of them

How many have ever done jail times after their misdeeds?

Even if you expand that to people in their administrations or other federal level people in any sort of power
List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes - Wikipedia

I know people have some sort of fantasy of Trump rotting in a prison doing "hard time", but that just doesn't happen all that often for current/former high ranking government officials.

Did Nixon do any time for Watergate? Even his lackeys involved got sentences less than what your average pot dealer gets.

Just sayin'...don't get your hopes up

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, and for a while I believed all the right wing sites that Hillary Clinton's walls were closing in on her too. I think you will, like almost every other politically agitated group be disappointed too.

Perhaps, but the right certainly tried to convict Hillary Clinton of... something, and They. Just. Kept. Failing.

Donald's inner circle, however, set a record for corruption and conviction that won't be topped unless he gets re-elected in 2024: Manafort, Bannon, Stone, Gates, Flynn, Cohen, Popadopoulous, and Barrack... and with the January 6 commission hard at work, and some of those same cronies thinking "subpoena" means "suggestion," we might see more names added, or some on this list pulling double duty...

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you implying that courts up and down the eastern seaboard are investigating Trump and the Trump Corporation because they are deranged?
They are investigating because there is an abundance of evidence. They are building their cases bit by bit.

Eric Trump took the Fifth Amendment 500 times in his testimony before NY AG Letitia James. In other words, he would have had to give incriminating answers to the AG if he answered truthfully. 500 times?? And you think that we're the deranged ones? ROFL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
some of those same cronies thinking "subpoena" means "suggestion," we might see more names added, or some on this list pulling double duty...

It literally derives from the phrase "sub poena" meaning "under penalty". It's odd that some people think it is a suggestion without consequence.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It literally derives from the phrase "sub poena" meaning "under penalty". It's odd that some people think it is a suggestion without consequence.

They got the idea from their former employer that laws don't apply to them... one can hope he eventually learns the error of his ways.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
looks like propaganda designed to take the focus off of Biden who is truly having a bad year, month, week, day, you name it, it has all been bad
This is propaganda designed to take the focus off of Trump who is truly having a bad year, month, week, day, you name it...he has been very bad

Do you ever not try to derail the threads you don't start or like?

What will you do when Trump is arrested? LOCK HIM UP!

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
looks like propaganda designed to take the focus off of Biden who is truly having a bad year, month, week, day, you name it, it has all been bad

Contrary to what you wish to believe, not everything is about President Biden.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My prediction is the same as every prediction I make for most rich guys who are connected when things are uncovered....
Any one remember Spiro T. Agnew?

On October 10, 1973, Agnew appeared before the federal court in Baltimore, and pleaded nolo contendere (no contest) to one felony charge, tax evasion, for the year 1967. Richardson agreed that there would be no further prosecution of Agnew, and released a 40-page summary of the evidence. Agnew was fined $10,000 and placed on three years' unsupervised probation. At the same time, Agnew submitted a formal letter of resignation to the Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, and sent a letter to Nixon stating he was resigning in the best interest of the nation.

After the publication of Go Quietly, Agnew largely disappeared from public view.[186] In a rare TV interview in 1980, he advised young people not to go into politics because too much was expected of those in high public office.

Levy sums up the "might-have-been" of Agnew's career thus:

It is not a far stretch to imagine that if Agnew had contested corruption charges half as hard as Nixon denied culpability for Watergate – as Goldwater and several other stalwart conservatives wanted him to – today we might be speaking of Agnew-Democrats and Agnewnomics, and deem Agnew the father of modern conservatism.

Spiro Agnew - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Any one remember Spiro T. Agnew?

On October 10, 1973, Agnew appeared before the federal court in Baltimore, and pleaded nolo contendere (no contest) to one felony charge, tax evasion, for the year 1967. Richardson agreed that there would be no further prosecution of Agnew, and released a 40-page summary of the evidence. Agnew was fined $10,000 and placed on three years' unsupervised probation. At the same time, Agnew submitted a formal letter of resignation to the Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, and sent a letter to Nixon stating he was resigning in the best interest of the nation.

After the publication of Go Quietly, Agnew largely disappeared from public view.[186] In a rare TV interview in 1980, he advised young people not to go into politics because too much was expected of those in high public office.

Levy sums up the "might-have-been" of Agnew's career thus:

It is not a far stretch to imagine that if Agnew had contested corruption charges half as hard as Nixon denied culpability for Watergate – as Goldwater and several other stalwart conservatives wanted him to – today we might be speaking of Agnew-Democrats and Agnewnomics, and deem Agnew the father of modern conservatism.

Spiro Agnew - Wikipedia
Agnew was another corrupt republican. Do you have a point which relates to the topic at hand?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is propaganda designed to take the focus off of Trump who is truly having a bad year, month, week, day, you name it...he has been very bad

Do you ever not try to derail the threads you don't start or like?

What will you do when Trump is arrested? LOCK HIM UP!
The op asked for thoughts, looks like you want to control my thoughts, that is not going to happen, have a nice day I hope you feel better soon.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The op asked for thoughts, looks like you want to control my thoughts, that is not going to happen, have a nice day I hope you feel better soon.
The OP asked for thoughts on Trump, not Biden. Once again a post of yours tries to derail a thread.

Upvote 0