Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL. But I don't eat chocolate---I'm allergic to it.

I eat other crud, like canned corned beef, and potato chips, and peanut butter, and hamburgers........

Which is why I'm now trying to Slim-Fast my way back to about 180 pounds. :sigh:

Mixed results so far. Pray a novena for me. :cry:

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oooh, corned beef.

I'm sort of half dieting right now. Mostly, I'm trying to cut down on food *spending*, but I'm also trying to exercise and perhaps lose a little weight. All of these at once, in fact. So, I cook my own food, eat slightly smaller amounts, and get exercise.

Mostly, I'm expecting to lose weight because I've stopped drinking pop - at 150 calories a can, 10 cans a day was probably affecting me.

Annoyingly, the weight loss isn't happening yet. I weighed myself, got a number, thought "hey, I sorta have to pee, maybe that'll help", went to the bathroom, came back... and was a pound heavier.

I just don't get it.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], seebs!

How TRAGIC! I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm not on insulin, I've got a prescription for Glucophage. According to the EXCELLENT BOOK I bought about Type 2 Diabetes, Glucophage actually works as an appetite suppressant in some people. (that is not the original intention of the drug, it's supposed to lower blood sugar levels)

With my rotten luck, though, I'll probably be sleepwalking to 31 Flavors for 5-gallon tubs of ice cream....

Peace,
~VOW

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
What I like is Ben & Jerry's frozen yogurt (especially the fudge brownie and the cookie dough kinds). They're not terribly bad for you (although I haven't checked the calories -- but I believe if you ate an entire container it would only be 20% of the saturated fat recommended for a day, and about the same or less cholesterol)

-Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lynn

Veteran
Feb 14, 2002
Ogden, UT
Visit site
✟10,696.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by VOW
I had my dr appt yesterday. The good news is, on the diabetic diet, OVER THE HOLIDAYS, in one month I lost 6 ½ pounds.

The bad news: according to the labwork, I am diabetic.

Let the fun begin.

Peace and fingersticks,
~VOW

I'm so glad your diet is working. But I'm so sorry about the diabetes. But stick with your diet and exercise. Perhaps you can eventually control it with just diet. That's what we're hoping with my husband.

:pray: lynn

p.s. did you get my PM?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jukesk9

Dixie Whistlin' Papist
Feb 7, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.