The URGENT Need For Christians to stop being very liberal...

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It sure is sad to learn that the church all over the world is losing control over its people, studies show that only 20-30 % of Cristians worldwide actually practice the religion, it is a truth that has been eating into me for quite some time now and after a lot of thinking and pondering i've observed that being very liberal about your child's religous views is not the way to go, look at the muslims, they are literally forced into their religion initially and later on the religion rubs into them because of which even muslim countries which have been secular are becoming more and more Islamic (eg. Turkey & Indonesia).
I think its high time we pull up our socks and start practising Christianity more actively and enforcing it (atleast on our children) agressively.
God Bless :crossrc:

Reactions: Chabah

Soothfish

Jul 24, 2011
United States
✟1,077.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It sure is sad to learn that the church all over the world is losing control over its people, studies show that only 20-30 % of Cristians worldwide actually practice the religion, it is a truth that has been eating into me for quite some time now and after a lot of thinking and pondering i've observed that being very liberal about your child's religous views is not the way to go, look at the muslims, they are literally forced into their religion initially and later on the religion rubs into them because of which even muslim countries which have been secular are becoming more and more Islamic (eg. Turkey & Indonesia).
I think its high time we pull up our socks and start practising Christianity more actively and enforcing it (atleast on our children) agressively.

If that is going to work then parents need to start homeschooling or putting their children in reputable private schools (if they can afford it).

The public schools are designed to breed atheists and communists. It is deliberate. Not all teachers like the way it is but they are all forced to obey it. If they don't then federal/state agencies or their unions will go after them. Watch how the ACLU goes after anyone promoting Christianity or traditional values to school children. However, teaching a 5 year old about anal sex is not only acceptable but required by law in some parts of the western world.

It is far more challenging to raise a child in strict accordance to Christianity while they are receiving "fun" messages from the adults who either don't care about their spiritual health or are perverted enough to believe their own lies. This tends to backfire big time. Instead of drawing them closer, it draws them away and they go for the fun that they were taught by the "progressives".

Reactions: Chabah
Upvote 0

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
< staff edit >
Its not about my sect or yours, its about Christianity on the whole, all Christians no matter what sect are slowly turning away from the faith, and talking about the so called reformed church just compare the ratio of theistic English Christians (the reformed anglican church) and Christians in any predominantly catholic country (eg. Portugal, Brazil, Italy), you'll be zapped. Moreover, I'm not talking about you forcing your religion on others but atleast deeply plant the seeds of Christianity in your own offsprings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

a pilgrim

Not a fan, but a follower.
Jul 8, 2011
✟8,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rishad, my preacher used to say:

"Christianity is better CAUGHT, than TAUGHT."

Do you understand what I'm saying? I can indoctrinate my children in the dogmas of my (perception) of the faith, but if it is not REAL in my life, and CHANGING me into the image of Jesus, in time, they'll depart from it. Oh, they might continue going to churches that are similar to what I've taught them, but if Christ is not changing me, if I am not experiencing PERSONAL REVIVAL, then my disciplines are in vain.

Do I take seriously a passage as this:

Matt. 16
[24] Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
[25] For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Is this just casual reading?

Can I explain away the necessity of obeying this because of my dispensational understanding?

Is this an option?

Just some questions to ponder. We cannot STOP being liberal until we fill that void with the REAL THING, namely, PERSONAL REVIVAL, and an in-filling with the spirit of Jesus Christ in our lives.

Upvote 0

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My friend, i totally comprehend what your trying to convey, but keep in mind that none of us are free of sin, so following the Bible to the tea is not practically possible, however you still have to spread the message of the Lord.
Take for instance this, you may have stolen something from someone atleast once in your life but it is still your duty as a responsible parent to teach your kid to refrain from stealing, isn't it?
The same principle should be applied with Christianity is just about what i'm trying to say.

Upvote 0

Soothfish

Jul 24, 2011
United States
✟1,077.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
< staff edit >

The inquisition was hundreds of years ago. The lesson is that a church should never be a worldly government with a standing army.

Today, the Catholic Church is something completely different. Pope John Paul II then took it to the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
It is our faith, and by faith, we are to live it as a living testimony. Enforcing comes from the god of force.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟865,192.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Important post you have made Rishad. I also appreciate your responses to those who have responded to you.

It is sad that many parents say, "I will let my child choose for themselves, choose if they will go to church when they are older" they do not teach them about the Lord or bring them to church. I agree that child should be taught when they are small about the Lord Jesus, brought to church, Sunday School, Christian clubs etc. It is important, very important. Yes, live by example too! I am so appreciative that I had a mother and father who lived for the Lord and showed me the right way, God's way.

Except for 2 years, I was in the public school and my faith in the Lord helped me as a teen to stand firm in the Lord. I thank the Lord for His grace and for good teaching at home and at church. I know for some the answer is a Christian School or homeschool, but not all are able to do this. God bless you.

Reactions: Rishad
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 12, 2009
✟15,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Public school, the government and wider society might be part of the problem, but not all. Much of the blame has to rest with Christian parents. I see 3 problems:

1) Sunday only Christians (sometimes not even then). Of course children are going to see through parents who claim to be Christian, but don't back it up with evidence of a Godly life.

2) Legallism; when parents go too far with lecturing about rules and punishing constantly. Children grow up to view God as a judge who hates them because grace has never been demonstrated in the home.

3) Good Christian parents who try to do right, but they are afraid to model any kind of authority because of all the modern parenting experts out there.

I'm sure we all find ourselves in the above 3 every now and then because we're incapable of perfection, but if we trust God and keep our focus on him then it will happen less often.

Reactions: Rishad
Upvote 0

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thanking everyone for their respnses in either direction :)
Now, living a Godly life is certainly essential and an indespensable component of Christian life but if this is not complemented with a little bit of forced inculcation, it just may not help in the cause of making your children good Christ followers later on in life.

Upvote 0

Toynbee

Trump Won
Sep 22, 2011
✟40,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree and have been praying for that for some time now. I don't know if you intended it in your title, and it may be off track (if so I apologize in advance...), but personally I have a very difficult problem reconciling liberalism in general with anything Christian. I simply can't believe faithful Christians can embrace liberalism in any form. :(

Upvote 0

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I agree and have been praying for that for some time now. I don't know if you intended it in your title, and it may be off track (if so I apologize in advance...), but personally I have a very difficult problem reconciling liberalism in general with anything Christian. I simply can't believe faithful Christians can embrace liberalism in any form. :(

Your right on track and i hope that there shall be an emergence of more like minded Christians in the future... :amen:

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 22:6 said:
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Well Christianity is not a religion that is (with some historical exeptions) or should be, based on force. You can't be a Christian (Christ-follower) without faith. You can provide Biblical instruction and discipline, but when it comes down to it, you've got to let the Holy Spirit work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You do realize this is a contradiction in terms?

In this country, when people of any faith pull the stuff that is commonplace among Muslims in the Middle East, children rebel against that - big time. And I don't blame them for a second. If people associate the faith with abuse, they're going to run the other way. And that sort of attitude isn't even true to the Christian faith.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟865,192.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

In this country, when people of any faith pull the stuff that is commonplace among Muslims in the Middle East, children rebel against that - big time. And I don't blame them for a second. If people associate the faith with abuse, they're going to run the other way. And that sort of attitude isn't even true to the Christian faith.

What is the best way to raise children then in terms of Christianity? I am not a parent, so all I know is how I was raised.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Maybe i shouldn't have used the term aggressively, it sends out the wrong message, what i actually am trying to say is stop being very liberal when it comes to your childs faith, i know that in the West (doesn't happen with Christians in India and the Sub-Continent) Christians have adopted some really extremist liberalistic ideas like don't baptise a child because it is without his consent, which i find really stupid, the child always has the option to turn to other religions or atheism once he grows but as a parent it is your duty to incorporate in your child's system the true message, afterall, it is your child whom you love and would want him to be saved, right?:amen:

Upvote 0