Aug 18, 2012
✟1,443,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Long time FOX News anchor Chris Wallace announced on Sunday that he is leaving Fox News. Wallace was known for his objectivity and independence. He acknowledged yesterday: “After 18 years, this is my final ‘Fox News Sunday.’ It is the last time — and I say this with real sadness — we will meet like this. Eighteen years ago, the bosses here at Fox promised me they would never interfere with a guest I booked or a question I asked. And they kept that promise,” said Wallace.
chris-wallace-leaves-fox-news-for-cnn

This follows the departure in November of two other commentators :
"Two longtime conservative Fox News commentators have resigned in protest of what they call a pattern of incendiary and fabricated claims by the network's opinion hosts in support of former President Donald Trump.

In separate interviews with NPR, Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg pointed to a breaking point this month: network star Tucker Carlson's three-part series on the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol, which relied on fabrications and conspiracy theories to exonerate the Trump supporters who participated in the attack.

"It's basically saying that the Biden regime is coming after half the country and this is the War on Terror 2.0," Goldberg tells NPR. "It traffics in all manner of innuendo and conspiracy theories that I think legitimately could lead to violence. That for me, and for Steve, was the last straw."

2 Fox News commentators resign over Tucker Carlson series on the Jan. 6 siege

So with Wallace gone, who remains at the Fox News network? Or should it be called the Tucker Carlson network or maybe "Patriot Purge" network?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Long time FOX News anchor Chris Wallace announced on Sunday that he is leaving Fox News.
--basically a "Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out" situation.

This follows the departure in November of two other commentators :
Fox does seem to be trying to regain the viewers it lost in recent months, but it's unclear whether or not the removal of these people--plus Wallace--will make a difference, or if the damage is already done. Probably it's the latter.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟581,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So with Wallace gone, who remains at the Fox News network? Or should it be called the Tucker Carlson network or maybe "Patriot Purge" network?
Here is the viewership numbers from October, 2021.

"In primetime, Fox News was on top with an average of 2.3 million total viewers, a drop of 53% from October 2020. MSNBC averaged 1.2 million, off by 56%, and CNN posted 661,000, down by 73%.

In the adults 25-54 demo, Fox News averaged 344,000, a drop of 65%, while MSNBC averaged 140,000, falling by 71%, and CNN was at 136,000, down by 81%."

So all of the news channels have seen a steep drop since the end of the presidential election. Still Fox News is beating both of their largest competitors put together. The top five shows in viewership are all on Fox News. Tucker Carlson's show has dropped into number 2 slot behind "The Five". I hope Chris Wallace does well on CNN+. He might be just the type of voice the new ownership is looking for.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
--basically a "Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out" situation.

Fox does seem to be trying to regain the viewers it lost in recent months, but it's unclear whether or not the removal of these people--plus Wallace--will make a difference, or if the damage is already done. Probably it's the latter.
They want to get back to Trump Time All The Time.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Two longtime conservative Fox News commentators have resigned in protest of what they call a pattern of incendiary and fabricated claims by the network's opinion hosts in support of former President Donald Trump.

First, just to clarify - Chris Wallace did not leave because of Tucker - he left because CNN offered him a more lucid deal than the 7 million he was being paid at FOX - I personally feel CNN needed someone like Chris because they are getting desperate with their rating tanking steadily.

The two mentioned in the link I'm not sure are even on air personalities, I wouldn't know, I don't watch FOX . But I've not read about either that I can recall.

I did a quick look: Fox News Shows | Fox News

There seems to be quite a few left, with I think six or seven beating CNN, MSNBC etc.

While I think he will be missed, I doubt it will hurt them overall.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,443,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, just to clarify - Chris Wallace did not leave because of Tucker - he left because CNN offered him a more lucid deal than the 7 million he was being paid at FOX - I personally feel CNN needed someone like Chris because they are getting desperate with their rating tanking steadily.

I did note the reason he left. Neither of us know.

The two mentioned in the link I'm not sure are even on air personalities, I wouldn't know, I don't watch FOX . But I've not read about either that I can recall.

There seems to be quite a few left, with I think six or seven beating CNN, MSNBC etc.

Got it. Ratings and money is all that matters. Therein lies the problem. Telling people what they want to hear is a lucrative business.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How is the deal from CNN more lucid??? And what do your personal feelings have to do with the facts?

If you don't know then your comments are coming from an uninformed perspective.

But why would you think that if you don't even watch or have any knowledge about it?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
First, just to clarify - Chris Wallace did not leave because of Tucker
That's almost certainly true. First, there has been no report of there being friction between the two of them and they do not even perform the same kind of function on their respective Fox shows.

he left because CNN offered him a more lucid deal than the 7 million he was being paid at FOX
There's no reason to doubt this.

- I personally feel CNN needed someone like Chris because they are getting desperate with their rating tanking steadily.
Or this, especially since it comes just after Chris Cuomo's exit from CNN.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,443,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The fact is, Chris could retire very comfortably.
That's entirely irrelevant. Many wealthy wage-earners want to earn even more, even if they could live comfortably on what they already have. In addition, there's no reason to think that Chris Wallace wants to retire at this time in his life.

• Agree
Reactions: JSRG
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The fact is, Chris could retire very comfortably. I doubt money is the motivator you think it is...

People who make seven figure incomes don't typically leave one position for another making less. That is just common sense.

Wallace is reportedly going to be the lead on CNN+ streaming service.

At what salary? Betcha it is head and shoulders over what
FOX was paying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean "lucrative"? How much did Fox pay him and how much is CNN?

However, those two stated clearly exactly why Carlson's misdeeds has affected their decision.

Probably not as they do seem to be veering ever more rightwards.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That's entirely irrelevant. Many wealthy wage-earners want to earn even more, even if they could live comfortably on what they already have. In addition, there's no reason to think that Chris Wallace wants to retire at this time in his life.
Right, he’s still younger than the President! 74’s too early to retire for some people; dad went until 93.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Probably not as they do seem to be veering ever more rightwards.
Interesting. Everyone else points to all the signs of a leftwards drift.

But perhaps your thinking is based only upon the most recent developments, such as the departure/dismissal of Shepard Smith and Christ Wallace and a couple of lesser lights. But if you take account of, say, the past half dozen years or so, the conclusion should be to the opposite.

Indeed, the fact of Wallace and Smith leaving for liberal networks may be nothing more than Fox realizing--from its disastrous decline in viewership--that the network bosses went a bit too far with their move to the left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0