The truth revealed by God CANNOT change!

Athanasius377

Out of the deep I called unto thee O Lord
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟706,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Then I guess this is goodbye then.......bye!
We’re saying the same thing. Maybe I’m having a bad day and I’m not being clear.

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,209.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Certainly. Here's an article from a Catholic source including examples as you requested:

: Quidlibet : › Papa Pachamama’s Profession of the Modernist Heresy

Here's an excerpt from the article. It follows references to official documents and the statements of several Popes. The red part is colored and bolded by me for emphasis; everything else is as written in the article.

"The argument here, once again, is that a dogma can “evolve” to have a new meaning which is the diametric opposite of its original sense. Thus, we can evolve from the proposition, “Lacking baptism, an unbaptized child cannot go to heaven,” to “Well, we can hope that that dogma is false, because we now realize that the Church misunderstood the Gospel.” This is yet another real twofer: No only does it get you dogmatic evolution, but it also gets you a magisterium that can teach the opposite of a truth of revelation."
Haha, an article from a Sedevacantist. Nice try. Next we will see an article from an ex priest who is now married.

Vatican I
If anyone says that it is possible that at some time, given the advancement of knowledge, a sense may be assigned to the dogmas propounded by the Church which is different from that which the Church has understood and understands: let him be anathema.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Haha, an article from a Sedevacantist. Nice try. Next we will see an article from an ex priest who is now married.

Vatican I
If anyone says that it is possible that at some time, given the advancement of knowledge, a sense may be assigned to the dogmas propounded by the Church which is different from that which the Church has understood and understands: let him be anathema.

When was the Second Vatican Council officially anathematized?

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We’re saying the same thing. Maybe I’m having a bad day and I’m not being clear.

That is exactly what I meant my brother. Maybe I was not reading and understanding properly.

To this day, I still think that Donald Duck is more popular than Mickey Mouse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Trick question???

Absolutely. There is no doubt that the Second Vatican Council made significant changes to the Roman Catholic Church which have been steadily implemented since then, even as the Council of Trent initiated the Counter-Reformation. Catholics tend to blur any of these changes as insignificant tweaks such as merely shifting a hunk of stone from a wall into the space formed under architectural crossing of the church building. A few Catholics have attempted to call the Church out on these changes, insisting, for example, on retaining the Latin mass rather than shifting to mass in the common languages of the areas where churches are located.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,209.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Absolutely. There is no doubt that the Second Vatican Council made significant changes to the Roman Catholic Church which have been steadily implemented since then, even as the Council of Trent initiated the Counter-Reformation. Catholics tend to blur any of these changes as insignificant tweaks such as merely shifting a hunk of stone from a wall into the space formed under architectural crossing of the church building. A few Catholics have attempted to call the Church out on these changes, insisting, for example, on retaining the Latin mass rather than shifting to mass in the common languages of the areas where churches are located.
ah, I see how this addresses my post responding to the Church changing doctrine. :scratch:

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I agree!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟573,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But the Church can get around that simply by calling the changes "development of doctrine."
Protestant motto: "Seeking disagreement in the midst of agreement for 500 years and counting".

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟573,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
but scripture is so clear, even a babe knows exactly what it means.
I have a simple test that I apply anymore. Imagine their response if the poster had been in any of the many Protestant denominations. If that response is diametrically different than how they respond to the same post from a Catholic, then it is all knee-jerk reaction after that.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Protestant motto: "Seeking disagreement in the midst of agreement for 500 years and counting".
I don't believe that I've ever heard a Protestant say that. Of course, we both know that it was meant as a sarcastic joke.

On the other hand, "Development of Doctrine" is an official policy of the Roman Catholic Church and has been referred to many times in posts by Catholic members here when justifying a change of doctrine by their church.

Upvote 0