The Truth About Illegal Immigrants And Crime?

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The truth about crime, illegal immigrants and sanctuary cities

The Hill

The relationship between illegal immigrants and violent crime

Research conducted by the federal government oversight organization Judicial Water n 2014 documents that 50 percent of all federal crimes were committed near our border with Mexico.

Of the 61,529 criminal cases filed by federal prosecutors; 40 percent or 24,746 were in court districts along the southern borders of California, Arizona and Texas.

The Western District of Texas had the nation’s most significant crime rate with over 6,300 cases filed; followed by the Southern District of Texas with slightly over 6,000 cases.

The Southern California District with nearly 4,900 cases; New Mexico with nearly 4,000 cases and Arizona with over 3,500 criminal cases ranked 3rd, 4th and 5th.

*SE*

Last edited by a moderator:

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The extreme costs of keeping illegal immigrant criminals in this country

According to research and statistics by the U.S. Departments of Justice and Homeland Security, U.S. taxpayers are footing an annual bill of nearly $19 million a day to house and care for an estimated 300,000 to 450,000 convicted criminal immigrants who are eligible for deportation and are currently residing in local jails and state and federal prisons across the country.

These figures include not only those immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally, but all immigrants here who commit and have been convicted of crimes. Other accounting estimates indicate that the total cost for all corrections, medical and support services for adults and juvenile immigrant criminals nationally to be over $1.8 billion dollars.

The Department of Defense estimated that we spend roughly 250 million per day on the war on terror. Sure, 19 million per day is bad, but seems like if you're worried about money, you'd be better served pushing for us to actually get out of wars and intervention.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Department of Defense estimated that we spend roughly 250 million per day on the war on terror. Sure, 19 million per day is bad, but seems like if you're worried about money, you'd be better served pushing for us to actually get out of wars and intervention.
I agree war is costly, but I believe foreign Nations will help pay for American military, Japan, South Korea, etc. under Trump.

Security on the border is #1 priority, the 19 million a day is one thing, but as Trump stated, there are alot of bad hombres crossing our borders and he is 100% correct!

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I agree war is costly, but I believe foreign Nations will help pay for American military, Japan, South Korea, etc. under Trump.

Security on the border is #1 priority, the 19 million a day is one thing, but as Trump stated, there are alot of bad hombres crossing our borders and he is 100% correct!

Why would foreign nations help pay for our military? We have no agreements in place to do that as far as I'm aware.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would foreign nations help pay for our military? We have no agreements in place to do that as far as I'm aware.

We require foreign governments to buy weapons from us. Our companies make huge profits. This trade is increasing under Trump.

I would note that Trump is likely to decrease the net cost of our military in foreign countries, although I suspect this is offset with the increased cost of naval vessels, planes and missiles. Most Americans seem to be OK with this tradeoff.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
We require foreign governments to buy weapons from us. Our companies make huge profits. This trade is increasing under Trump.

I would note that Trump is likely to decrease the net cost of our military in foreign countries, although I suspect this is offset with the increased cost of naval vessels, planes and missiles. Most Americans seem to be OK with this tradeoff.

Never really understood my fellow Americans's love of military stuff. President approval ratings always go up when war breaks out.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We spend more on our military than the next ten or so nations combined. I think we're set for warding off aggression.

The Top 15 Countries For Military Expenditure In 2016 [Infographic]

Much of this cost is the cost of nuclear weapons and delivery systems (including subs) that most of the Western world depends on.

The isolationist alternative is to withdraw our troops and protection from Asia and Europe. They can certainly afford their own nuclear weapons and weapons, purchased from us of course. We could still defend those who we thought needed help against aggression and could still have our large humanitarian efforts.

Is this a better alternative for the US? Perhaps.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Never really understood my fellow Americans's love of military stuff. President approval ratings always go up when war breaks out.
It's called fear, And we must have a big military , since we love sticking our nose where it doesn't belong.

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's called fear, And we must have a big military , since we love sticking our nose where it doesn't belong.
I believe that we'd have a big military, even if we had no troops on foreign soil, and if we allowed the Middle East and Asia to just fight it out among themselves.

We tested such policies in the 20's and 30's. We refused to enter WWII in Europe and allowed Germany to swallow up country after country. We allowed the same in Asia, where it was Japan as the aggressor. We did as the isolationists wanted. We only got into the war when we were directly attacked and when Germany declared war on us.

We have made many mistakes. Personally, I do NOT want to go back to the 20's and 30's. I do NOT to turn over Africa to the terrorists. I don't want us to force Germany and Japan to became major military powers again. I do NOT want to just allow India and Pakistan to fight it out. I do NOT want the Wahhabis to fight the Persian shia terrorists for the control of the Middle East, killing more millions in their fight.

We can withdraw. That would mean more strong military nations thought the world, many controlled by terrorists, and many terrorists coming tho the Western Hemisphere.
=====================
The right continues to threaten us with the terrorist threat. Curiously, it almost non-existent at home precisely because we are so successful at fighting terrorism abroad.

Upvote 0