United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Contenders Edge said:
Daniel 9:26: "The people of the prince that shall come" who comes after Messiah.
As for where the Anti-Christ is identified by name, read the epistles of John.
jgr said:
The antichrists in John's epistles are not identified as princes.
I was not just talking about antichrists but the Anti-Christ who is identified as a ruler and to which the title of prince would apply.
What does John mean by the "last hour"?
[written pre 70AD]
1Jo 2:18
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
===================
Will an Antichrist Resurrect from the Dead?? Rev 13:3

Hal Lindsay and other Dispensationalits are among those who have spread the idea that either the death and resurrection or wounding and recovery of a world leader will be a key end times event.

If anyone doubts that many conservative Christians are saying this, or have been taught an antichrist-resurrection scenario, a site called The Berean Call considers the question.

Answer from The Berean Call:
"Only God can raise the dead. Satan has no such power."

Link:
Question: The idea that the Antichrist will be resurrected from the dead by Satan seems to be the prevailing opinion among evangelical pretrib teachers. I would appreciate an expression of your opinion in a future issue of The Berean Call.
God can and will raise the dead. Will He raise the Antichrist? I think scripture teaches that He will. Sometimes we cannot fathom what our Father would do because it makes no sense to us, or does not seem logical. God's will is God's will, despite logic.
Isa. 14:
19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.
==================================

Future New World Order One World Government...in the Bible?
charsan said:
No one taught me, I don't believe any of that junk and for anyone to pursue that stuff is a fool's errand.
charsan said:
NWO and the other rapture silliness is let's say "Christian fantasy" at best and a straight out lie at worst
It's madness I say!!

Gary DeMar: Last Days Madness: Obsession of the Modern Church (1997)

“It is unbiblical to use the term ‘Antichrist’ for a present-day or future political ruler. The proper context is theological and pre-A. D. 70” (p.204).

Chapter 11, “Identifying Antichrist”

About the Title:
The end is here…again. At every calendar milestone, self-proclaimed modern-day “prophets” arise to stir up a furor rivaled only by the impending apocalypse they predict.
This doom-and-gloom prognostication is not only spread by a few fanatics, but millions of Christians, including some of the most recognized names in mainstream Christianity who are caught up in the latest “last days” frenzy. Seduced by the popular craze, they are driven not to action, but to radical inactivity, ineffectiveness, and lethargy while waiting for the easy-out “end.”

Hal Lindsey wrote in 1970 that he believed that the Antichrist was alive somewhere in the world. He repeated this belief in 1977 when he wrote that it was his “personal opinion” that “he’s alive somewhere now. But he’s not going to become this awesome figure that we nickname the Anti-Christ until Satan possesses him, and I don’t believe that will occur until there is this ‘mortal wound’ from which he’s raised up.”[1]
In 1980 he restated this conviction by writing that “this man [Antichrist] is alive today—alive and waiting to come forth.”[2] Although Lindsey believes the Antichrist is alive somewhere in the world today, and actually has been since at least 1970, he has stated that “we must not indulge in speculation about whether any of the current world figures is the antichrist.”[3]
Anyway, determining the identity of the Antichrist does not really matter since Lindsey and others believe “that Christians will not be around to watch the debacle brought about by the cruelest dictator of all time.”[4]

Not to be outdone, Dave Hunt voices a similar opinion: “Somewhere, at this very moment, on planet Earth, the antichrist is almost certainly alive—biding his time, awaiting his cue. Banal sensationalism? Far from it! That likelihood is based upon a sober evaluation of current events in relation to Bible prophecy. Already a mature man, he is probably active in politics, perhaps even an admired world leader whose name is almost daily on everyone’s lips.”[5]
Salem Kirban wrote in 1977 that “those of us familiar with Scriptures can easily see the handwriting on the wall as the way is prepared for the coming Antichrist.”[6]

Lindsey, Hunt, Kirban, and many others share a belief that is strikingly similar to that of fortuneteller Jeane Dixon.
Dixon claimed to have received a divine vision on February 5, 1962, about a coming world religious-political ruler; her “prophecy” strikingly resembles the modern doctrine of Antichrist: “A child, born somewhere in the Middle East shortly before 7 A.M. (EST) on February 5, 1962, will revolutionize the world.
Before the close of the century he will bring together all mankind in one all-embracing faith. This will be the foundation of a new Christianity, with every sect and creed united through this man who will walk among the people to spread the wisdom of the Almighty Power.”[7] “Mrs. Dixon claims that this man’s influence will be felt in the early 1980s and that by 1999, the ecumenical religion will be achieved.”[8]
Why should we believe present-day prophetic prognosticators when we have been offered assurances of the identity of the Antichrist numerous times over the centuries?

Saint Martin of Tours, who died in A.D. 397, wrote of the coming Antichrist whose reign would signify the last days. His prediction sounds strangely familiar. “Non est dubium, quin anticbristus…. There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after reaching maturity, achieve supreme power.”[9]
Now go back and reread the quotations of Lindsey and Hunt. Christians should repudiate the writings of anyone who speculates that the Antichrist is a contemporary figure. Such speculation is biblically unsound, as will become evident as we survey the passages used to make the identification.
=================================
"The Omen" classic movie series.............

"Some fictional stories of the west including the Jewish ones are stunningly similar to the true events of ancient India. I have watched this series a 100 times, it still seems so appealing without any major special effects and no CG. What a great piece of human effort and amazing acting"
=============
Storyline
Robert and Katherine Thorn seem to have it all. They are happily married and he is the US Ambassador to Great Britain, but they want nothing more than to have children. When Katharine has a stillborn child, Robert is approached by a priest at the hospital who suggests that they take a healthy newborn whose mother has just died in childbirth. Without telling his wife he agrees. After relocating to London, strange events - and the ominous warnings of a priest - lead him to believe that the child he took from that Italian hospital is evil incarnate.

Gregory Peck is the ambassador to the United States whose wife has a stillborn child. Without her knowledge, he substitutes another baby as theirs. A few years go by, and then grisly deaths begin to happen. The child's nanny hangs herself and a priest is speared to death in a freak accident. It turns out the child is the son of Satan and can only be killed with the seven daggers of Meggado.
=====================

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If there is no evidence, you should be able to refute me using those sources. You have not done so.

What are you afraid of?

Other than that your evidence is no evidence?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are you afraid of?

Other than that your evidence is no evidence?

Read Augustine's "City of God" pages 970-983 as they give insight into the roots and inspiration of Preterist doctrine, including making replacement theology as understood today a mainstream doctrine in the Church for many centuries.

It was Augustine's "City of God" that is credited for the dominance of Amillennialism (denial of a literal thousand year reign). How could Amillennialism be the foundation of all other Preterist doctrines?

1. Revelation chapters 1-19 could not be fulfilled in a literal sense but only symbolically and would have had to have taken place within first century.

2. The Church could not replace Israel temporarily, but permanently.

3. There could be no rapture of the Church.

We might not find the afore mentioned tenets of Preterism in Augustine's works themselves, but what is identified as Preterism, which is built upon the above tenets, undeniably dominated the eschatology of the Church for several centuries since the publication of his works.

Before Augustine, the doctrines that would be identified as Preterist would have been foreign and even heretical concepts to many within the Church. Augustine's views could not be summed up in just one quote and what he has to say regarding what is yet to come would exceed the space limitations of any post, so here is a link where you can start: Work info: NPNF1-02. St. Augustine's City of God and Christian Doctrine - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

The above link provides several reading format options. Pick whatever format option suits you best.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was not just talking about antichrists but the Anti-Christ who is identified as a ruler and to which the title of prince would apply.

I see.

Prince Philip of England is a prince, and was a ruler, but retired in 2017. Therefore, up to that time he could have been "the Anti-Christ", but no longer.

Princes Charles, Andrew, Harry, and William of England are already princes, and could be rulers.

Therefore, any one of them could qualify as "the Anti-Christ".

Have you alerted them to the possibility?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are ignoring the fact that as the Gospel was being taken to the Jews, it was also being taken to the Gentiles as is frequently pointed out in the book of Acts before Paul began his ministry.

Can you explain why Christ told the disciples not to go to the Gentiles, but only to Israel, in the passage below?

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Who was selected by God to be the one who would mainly take the Gospel to the Gentiles, which is revealed in the passage below?

Gal 1:14 And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,
Gal 1:16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
Gal 1:17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Read Augustine's "City of God" pages 970-983 as they give insight into the roots and inspiration of Preterist doctrine, including making replacement theology as understood today a mainstream doctrine in the Church for many centuries.

It was Augustine's "City of God" that is credited for the dominance of Amillennialism (denial of a literal thousand year reign). How could Amillennialism be the foundation of all other Preterist doctrines?

1. Revelation chapters 1-19 could not be fulfilled in a literal sense but only symbolically and would have had to have taken place within first century.

2. The Church could not replace Israel temporarily, but permanently.

3. There could be no rapture of the Church.

We might not find the afore mentioned tenets of Preterism in Augustine's works themselves, but what is identified as Preterism, which is built upon the above tenets, undeniably dominated the eschatology of the Church for several centuries since the publication of his works.

Before Augustine, the doctrines that would be identified as Preterist would have been foreign and even heretical concepts to many within the Church. Augustine's views could not be summed up in just one quote and what he has to say regarding what is yet to come would exceed the space limitations of any post, so here is a link where you can start: Work info: NPNF1-02. St. Augustine's City of God and Christian Doctrine - Christian Classics Ethereal Library
The above link provides several reading format options. Pick whatever format option suits you best.
Some more commentaries:

===================================
Bookstacks: First Century History | Study Archive @ PreteristArchive.com - The Internet's Only Balanced Look at Preterism | The Preterist Archive www.preteristarchive.com,reformed,partial,orthodoxy,orthodox,futurist,preterism,historicism,fulfillment,a
First Century History
WORLD HISTORY : A.D. 1-100/
LATEST ADDITION
  • W. Simpson - History of the Christian Church - First Century Only (1857 PDF) Papias, Bishop of Hierapolis in Phrygia, and one of John's disciples. flourished in the reign of Trajan. He was the first propagator of the doctrine of a Millenium, or temporal reign of Christ on earth for a thousand years, when the elect shall be gathered together, after the resurrection, in Jerusalem. Papias, having been a disciple of St. John, was supposed best to know the Apostle's mind as to the thousand years mentioned in Revelations [c. xx.] Hence, the doctrine of a Millenium was much in vogue for two or three centuries, and those who held it were termed Millenarians and Chiliasts. It was held, not only by the Gnostic heretics, especially the Cerinthians, and by the Montanists, but likewise by Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Tertullian, and others : but the notions of these latter were not of that gross and sensual kind which have been ascribed to Cerinthus and his followers. Origen powerfully refuted the millenarian doctrine."
=========================
  • Shirley Jackson Case The Evolution of Early Christianity (1914 PDF) "Furthermore, Christians early discovered, by means of the exegetical methods then in vogue, many Old Testament passages to indicate that God had intended Christianity to supplant Judaism. On this hypothesis, Jews, in the interim between the Old and New Testaments, had become blind to the intent of prophecy, had lost the spiritual vision of the ancients, and had converted the teaching of Moses and his successors into a deadening casuistic legalism. Therefore God rescued the treasures of revelation from degradation at the hands of the Pharisees and committed them to the care and keeping of Christians. The fall of Jerusalem and the dispersion of the homeless people were cited as further proof that God had withdrawn his favor from the descendants of his chosen people and had transferred his affections to Christians alone. "

• J.B. Cartwright - The Church of St. James - The Primitive Hebrew Christian Church in Palestine (1842 PDF) "In this interval, so remarkably ordered by Divine Providence, Josephus states that many of the most distinguished of the inhabitants forsook the city, and though he does not mention the Christians, they were undoubtedly of the number. It is related by Christian writers that they retired to a city called Pella, on the eastern side of the Jordan. Eusebius states that the whole congregation of the Church in Jerusalem, according to a Divine warning given to certain eminent persons before the war, were commanded to depart out of the city, and inhabit Pella, beyond Jordan. And Epiphanius, in allusion to this event, says in one place that they were warned by an angel, f but in another that they were forewarned by Christ. It was clearly the opinion of the ancient Church that the Church of Jerusalem was under the special care of Providence, and that its members were directed to avail themselves of the favourable opportunity which occurred of saving themselves from the overthrow of the city, in conformity with the words of our Saviour, " Let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains."

• Alfred Church To the Lions: A Tale of the Early Christians (1923) "No spoil that he could have carried off from the sack of Jerusalem could have proved such a treasure to him as the little Rhoda. She had learnt from her Christian mother, who, happily for herself, had passed to her rest just before Jerusalem was finally invested, some Gospel truths, and Manilius listened with attention which he might not have given to an older teacher when she told him in her childish prattle the story of the life and death of Jesus. When the rewards for services in the great siege were distributed, he received a permanent appointment at Ephesus. Here he came under the influence of St. John, and here he, his wife, and the little Rhoda were received into the Christian community. "

• Homersham Cox The First Century of Christianity (1886 HTML) "This removal of the Christian Jews to a neighbouring town has been sometimes represented as a base and traitorous desertion of their countrymen in their sorest need. But the same thing was done by many of those who adhered to the Jewish faith. A large party among them, altogether opposed to the war, saw plainly that resistance to the overwhelming Roman power- was futile, and considered that the best interests of their country would be served by submission. In large numbers they escaped from the fated city as from a sinking vessel. Why, then, should the Christians be reproached for taking the same course ? They simply obeyed the command— And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof draweth nigh. Then let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out, and let not them which are in the countries enter thereinto."

• George Edmundson (The Church in Rome in the First Century 1913 PDF) "I mean the Apocalypse of St. John. The Apocalypse is full of references to historical events of which the author had quite recently been himself an eyewitness at Rome, or which were fresh in the memories of the Roman Christians with whom he had been associating, and it can be dated with great exactitude from internal evidence as having been written at the beginning of the year 70 A.D."

• Adolf Harnack: The Mission and Expansion of Christianity in the First Three Centuries (1908)

• E. De Pressence : The Early Years of Christianity (1870) "It is to us evident that the Apostle wrote [the Apocalypse] a few years after the terrible persecution under Nero. It is idle to draw any parallel between the persecutions under Domitian, and that first truly infernal explosion of pagan hatred against the Church. "
  • W. Simpson - History of the Christian Church - First Century Only (1857 PDF) Papias, Bishop of Hierapolis in Phrygia, and one of John's disciples. flourished in the reign of Trajan. He was the first propagator of the doctrine of a Millenium, or temporal reign of Christ on earth for a thousand years, when the elect shall be gathered together, after the resurrection, in Jerusalem. Papias, having been a disciple of St. John, was supposed best to know the Apostle's mind as to the thousand years mentioned in Revelations [c. xx.] Hence, the doctrine of a Millenium was much in vogue for two or three centuries, and those who held it were termed Millenarians and Chiliasts. It was held, not only by the Gnostic heretics, especially the Cerinthians, and by the Montanists, but likewise by Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Tertullian, and others : but the notions of these latter were not of that gross and sensual kind which have been ascribed to Cerinthus and his followers. Origen powerfully refuted the millenarian doctrine."
=====================================
Statement of Purpose - Eschatology Forum Statement of Purpose
Millennialism:
  • Amillennialism: "no millennium", rejects the theory that Jesus Christ will have a thousand-year-long, physical reign on the earth. The amillennial viewpoint holds that the thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20 is a symbolic number, not a literal description; that the millennium has already begun and is identical with the current church age.
  • Premillennialism: is the belief that Jesus Christ will literally and physically be on the earth for his millennial reign at his second coming. The doctrine is called premillennialism because it holds that Jesus' physical return to earth will occur prior to the inauguration of the millennium.
  • Postmillennialism: is an interpretation of chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation which sees Christ's second coming as occurring after the "Millennium", a Golden Age in which Christian ethics prosper.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does John mean by the "last hour"?
1Jo 2:18

Is it a literal or metaphorical expression?

Lindsey, Hunt, Kirban, and many others share a belief that is strikingly similar to that of fortuneteller Jeane Dixon.
Dixon claimed to have received a divine vision on February 5, 1962, about a coming world religious-political ruler; her “prophecy” strikingly resembles the modern doctrine of Antichrist: “A child, born somewhere in the Middle East shortly before 7 A.M. (EST) on February 5, 1962, will revolutionize the world.
Before the close of the century he will bring together all mankind in one all-embracing faith. This will be the foundation of a new Christianity, with every sect and creed united through this man who will walk among the people to spread the wisdom of the Almighty Power.”[7] “Mrs. Dixon claims that this man’s influence will be felt in the early 1980s and that by 1999, the ecumenical religion will be achieved.”[8]
Why should we believe present-day prophetic prognosticators when we have been offered assurances of the identity of the Antichrist numerous times over the centuries?

Anyone who has diligently studied the scriptures or is at least familiar with works of the aforementioned Dispensationalists, where they stood on eschatology and why, ought to know right away that Jean Dixon was a fraud in that she was not foretelling anything that was not already mentioned in the scriptures and that she furthermore predicted a date for the revealing of the Anti-Christ which came and went without incident and thus proving once again that, as the scriptures state, we cannot know the day nor the hour of the end.

And why would men like Hal Lindsey and Dave Hunt of God, ever look to a fraudulent fortune teller for insight?

Saint Martin of Tours, who died in A.D. 397, wrote of the coming Antichrist whose reign would signify the last days. His prediction sounds strangely familiar. “Non est dubium, quin anticbristus…. There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after reaching maturity, achieve supreme power.”

Seems that Saint Martin of Tours had more in common with Dispensationalists in his eschatology than he did with Preterists.

Now go back and reread the quotations of Lindsey and Hunt. Christians should repudiate the writings of anyone who speculates that the Antichrist is a contemporary figure. Such speculation is biblically unsound, as will become evident as we survey the passages used to make the identification.

I do not know about Hal Lindsey, but I am familiar enough with the writings of Dave Hunt to know that he never claimed that the coming Anti-Christ was a contemporary figure and if he did, he likely did not intend for that to be accepted as truth, but as a theoretical possibility. The possibility of the Anti-Christ being alive now is no more or less possible today than it was in the first century A.D. since the time of the end was expected to happen anytime then, just as it is expected to happen anytime now.

It could happen today, tommorow, the next year, or even a century from now, but one thing is for certain: It will happen and at a time unexpected which is why we ought to be going about the Father's business with a sense of urgency and yet sadly, many a professor of the faith do not.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you explain why Christ told the disciples not to go to the Gentiles, but only to Israel, in the passage below?

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.

Who was selected by God to be the one who would mainly take the Gospel to the Gentiles, which is revealed in the passage below?

Gal 1:14 And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,

Gal 1:16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
Gal 1:17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.

Can you explain why Christ commanded His disciples to preach the Gospel to all people before the so-called seven years had expired? And even before Christ had died, rose again, and ascended, He still preached the Gospel of the Kingdom to Gentiles as well as Jews and those Gentiles who sought Him and believed on Him, He never turned away.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
BABerean2 said:

Can you explain why Christ commanded His disciples to preach the Gospel to all people before the so-called seven years had expired? And even before Christ had died, rose again, and ascended, He still preached the Gospel of the Kingdom to Gentiles as well as Jews and those Gentiles who sought Him and believed on Him, He never turned away.
This was said pre 70Ad...........
Did they live to see the start of the 7yrs Jewish Wars?

WARS AND RUMORS OF WARS 1ST CENTURY JEWISH WARS ISRAEL, JUDEA AND JERUSALEM

Matthew 24:6 Ye shall be being about yet to be hearing battles and tidings of battles<4171>.
Be seeing no! be being frightened<2360> for is binding to be becoming,
but not yet is the end<5056>.

Before Pentecost:

Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you,
and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth/land.

Rev 11:3And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”

==========================
Visual Timeline of the Roman-Jewish War ARTchive

CAST OF CHARACTERS: Roman: Emperor Nero | General Vespasian | General Titus | The Roman Army || Jewish: General / Historian Josephus | Factional Leaders in Jerusalem || Administrators of Roman Judea Targets: Jerusalem | Herod's Temple // Maps of the Roman Invasion // Theological Timeline

CHRONOLOGY IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING THE WAR

Stage 1: Murder of James the Just,
"Opposition High Priest" ; Irrevocable Split: 62
Stage 2: General Revolt in Jerusalem ; Zealot Occupation of Masada: August-September 66
Stage 3: The Campaign of Cestius Gallus and the Defeat of the Twelfth Legion: October-November 66
Stage 4: End of Collaborative Government, Priesthood ; General Flight: November 66 - March 67
Part 6: Vespasian Subdues Northern and Western Palestine: December 66 - December 68
Part 7: Three-way Power Struggle within Jerusalem After Roman Retreat: January 68 - May 70
Part 8: Romans Breach City Walls and Leave Jerusalem Desolate: May 10 - September 10, 70

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The substring "Jew" does not appear in the passage.
The substring "Israel" does not appear in the passage.
Any reference to replacement theology does not appear in the passage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see.

Prince Philip of England is a prince, and was a ruler, but retired in 2017. Therefore, up to that time he could have been "the Anti-Christ", but no longer.

Princes Charles, Andrew, Harry, and William of England are already princes, and could be rulers.

Therefore, any one of them could qualify as "the Anti-Christ".

Have you alerted them to the possibility?

Lucifer is called the Prince of this world. Would you dare go so far as to call any of them Satan?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lucifer is called the Prince of this world. Would you dare go so far as to call any of them Satan?
Yes......the Devil and Satan
Guess who came with the Jewish Rulers to arrest Jesus in the Garden after the Supper.....

Jhn 8:44You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do

The ruler of this world coming, judged, cast out

Luke 22:3
Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.

John 12:31 "Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

John 13:
2 The evening meal was underway, and the Devil had already put into the heart of Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus
18 “I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.' [Psalms 41:19]

John 14:30 "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.

John 16:11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged

John 18:3 Judas/devil/satan, therefore, having taken the band and officers out of the Chief priests and Pharisees, doth come thither with torches and lamps, and weapons;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The substring "Jew" does not appear in the passage.
The substring "Israel" does not appear in the passage.
Any reference to replacement theology does not appear in the passage.

You are clearly missing the point. Augustine himself did not invent Preterism as we know it today, but his allegorical views of the millennial reign did serve as the foundation for the rest of the Preterist tenets and though Augustine himself did not believe that the Church replaced Israel as a people and nation in the permanent sense, the doctrine of "temporary replacement" nevertheless led to the current understanding of replacement theology which teaches that the Church has replaced Israel forever.

That Augustine did have a hand in setting the precedent for the formation of Preterism and Supersessionism as we know it, and more so than anyone else before him, cannot be historically denied.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes......the Devil and Satan
Guess who came with the Jewish Rulers to arrest Jesus in the Garden after the Supper.....

Apparently you did not pay attention to what princes we were referring to.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are clearly missing the point. Augustine himself did not invent Preterism as we know it today, but his allegorical views of the millennial reign did serve as the foundation for the rest of the Preterist tenets and though Augustine himself did not believe that the Church replaced Israel as a people and nation in the permanent sense, the doctrine of "temporary replacement" nevertheless led to the current understanding of replacement theology which teaches that the Church has replaced Israel forever.

That Augustine did have a hand in setting the precedent for the formation of Preterism and Supersessionism as we know it, and more so than anyone else before him, cannot be historically denied.

Awaiting a quote referring to "temporary replacement" or any other type of replacement.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This was said pre 70Ad...........
Did they live to see the start of the 7yrs Jewish Wars?

The only Apostle who may have lived long enough to witness the destruction of the Jewish Temple was John, but that has not been the subject of the debate. The point was that despite the fact that Paul was the most instrumental in taking the Gospel to the Gentiles, Gentiles were coming to Christ even before Paul was converted and commissioned.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Awaiting a quote referring to "temporary replacement" or any other type of replacement.

That was simply a definition for what the second century generation believed concerning the status of the Church

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.