Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The scriptures say that cleanness is next to Godliness, so, we should dress clean. The scriptures are silent on how we should dress to attend a service that is to worship him, but personally, I believe we should wear the best clothing that we have to show reverence to God, even if the best we have is a pair of jeans and a T-shirt.

Where is "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" in Scripture? But I agree to your second statement.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but personally, I believe we should wear the best clothing that we have to show reverence to God, even if the best we have is a pair of jeans and a T-shirt.
Nothing wrong with that.

What's really fun tho, is to wear farmer jeans (Bibbed overhauls) and a shirt under to a church you've never visited, and that you're the only one of your race.
Happened to me!
Truly running late, had nothing that fit me that was clean, and I shamefully wore what I had on.
NOT one person raised a brow. <3

I think we should worry less about the outside of the vessel than the inside. MUCH less.
I don't know that God's at all interested in outward fashion.
But that's my 2 cents.
Have a good day FC :)

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nothing wrong with that.Hi

What's really fun tho, is to wear farmer jeans (Bibbed overhauls) and a shirt under to a church you've never visited, and that you're the only one of your race.
Happened to me!
Truly running late, had nothing that fit me that was clean, and I shamefully wore what I had on.
NOT one person raised a brow. <3

I think we should worry less about the outside of the vessel than the inside. MUCH less.
I don't know that God's at all interested in outward fashion.
But that's my 2 cents.
Have a good day FC :)
Hi, sunlover. Nobody, but nobody, should be paying attention to what others wear to church. Whether it's church-appropriate or not. Some folks don't know any better, some have no other choice. We should all go to church to pay attention to our Lord.

• Winner
Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,936.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe the true church is made up of many congregations... In which we all have our issues. I would not want to recommend a congregation these days without knowing the senior pastor...

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 1:20 - Revelation 2:1

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life
Angels - The current preacher to the congregation.
254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado?

Upvote 0

Genenco

Don't mind me, I'm hiding.
Jan 9, 2023
Vancouver
✟8,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, sunlover. Nobody, but nobody, should be paying attention to what others wear to church. Whether it's church-appropriate or not. Some folks don't know any better, some have no other choice. We should all go to church to pay attention to our Lord.
That's one thing I've observed and experienced with certain churches. While I fully agreed with their beliefs, it wasn't till I wore a suit that suddenly people noticed me. I'd been attending for 6 months, knew 7 people, suddenly I had 25 come by and "Welcome" me...For real?

I'm halfway tempted to just attend a couple local churches for worship and dressed as best as I can afford and if they speak amiss, rebuke them by citing.

1 Peter 3:3-4 - Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
OR
James 2:2-5 - For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No it dosen't say that, but the implication is there.

This is a joke right? There's no way you're actually being serious.

"Now John wore a garment of camel's hair and a leather belt around his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey." - Matthew 3:4

"My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, 'You sit here in a good place,' while you say to the poor man, 'You stand over there,' or 'Sit down at my feet,' have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which He has proclaimed to those who love Him? But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court? Are they not the ones who blaspheme the honorable name by which you were called?" - James 2:1-7

-CryyptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is a joke right? There's no way you're actually being serious.

"Now John wore a garment of camel's hair and a leather belt around his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey." - Matthew 3:4

"My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, 'You sit here in a good place,' while you say to the poor man, 'You stand over there,' or 'Sit down at my feet,' have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which He has proclaimed to those who love Him? But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court? Are they not the ones who blaspheme the honorable name by which you were called?" - James 2:1-7

-CryyptoLutheran

Deut 23:10, If there be among you any man, that is not clean by reason of uncleanness that chanceth, then shall he go abroad out of the camp, he shall not come within the camp.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Deut 23:10, If there be among you any man, that is not clean by reason of uncleanness that chanceth, then shall he go abroad out of the camp, he shall not come within the camp.

"When you are encamped against your enemies, then you shall keep yourself from every evil thing. If any man among you becomes unclean because of a nocturnal emission, then he shall go outside the camp. He shall not compe inside the camp, but when evening comes, he shall wash himself in water, and as the sun sets, he may come inside the camp." - Deuteronomy 23:9-11

"If a man has an emission of sperm, he shall bathe his whole body in water and be unclean until the evening. And every garment and every skin on which the sperm comes shall be washed with water and be unclean until the evening. If a man lies with a woman and has an emission of sperm, both of them shall bathe themselves in water and be unclean until the evening." - Leviticus 15:16-18

Under the Old Covenant, if a Jewish man has a seminal emission he becomes ritually unclean and must undergo tevilah, a ritual washing with water, in order to become ritually pure again.

The King James Version uses the word "chance" in its archaic form, referring to a mishap, a mistake, an oopsie. It's referring an accidental discharge of sperm by saying "by reason of chanceth". The Hebrew expression is מִקְּרֵה־לָיְלָה (miqere-layelah), fairly literally meaning "nighttime accident".

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0