the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No “sign”….no “manifestation”….no “tangible” thing shall be given the unbelievers …for they will be searching for these things without faith . Except they see signs and wonders, they will not believe in the revealed the Word of God….which is backwards. We are to live…walk…by faith in what we hear and NOT sight.

2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV
(7) (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Hebrews 11:1 KJV
(1) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Those who walk by sight and not faith will be deceived by the lying signs and wonders of false prophets because they will not receive the love of the revealed Truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-10 KJV
(8) And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
(9) Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
(10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

The natural man receives not the things of the Breath of God….the spoken Word….for they are foolishness to him. The natural man seeks external things and judges things externally….looking on the outward appearance. The spiritual things are foolishness to him.

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 KJV
(13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
(14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Those who will walk by FAITH and not “sight” shall SEE…for they will not be looking for outward signs. Those who “see” shall be made blind.

John 9:35-39 KJV
(35) Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
(36) He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
(37) And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
(38) And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
(39) And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Faith comes by hearing….and hearing by the WORD OF GOD. Faith does NOT COME by hearing of “signs”….tangible things…manifestations…etc.

Romans 10:15-17 KJV
(15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
(16) But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
(17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Though one may hear the Word in this last day, it will not profit those who do not mix it with FAITH…..just as it did not profit many of the Jews back then.

Hebrews 4:1-3 KJV
(1) Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
(2) For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
(3) For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

It is all about having FAITH in the revealed Word of God. He that BELIEVES and is “baptized”…that is, to fulfill all righteousness (having love for one another)….shall be saved.

Mark 16:15-20 KJV
(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
(16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And these “signs” shall FOLLOW them that BELIEVE…..they shall cast out “devils”….the errors of covetous men (teachings that bring envy, strife and hatred into the hearts of those who hear and believe in them). They shall speak with “new tongues”…that is, speak the Word of God in the Spirit of Truth and not by the wisdom of man.

(17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

They shall have power over the enemy…..as He will give us wisdom and a mouth that they will not be able to gainsay

If we drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt us….that is, the evil poison that will come out of the mouths of the unbelievers in their opposition shall not harm us whatsoever.

We shall preach the Gospel…the joyous News of deliverance….to those who are “sick” in envying, strife and hatred and they shall “recover” themselves from the snare of Satan. They shall be of a sound mind….dressed in their right mind.

(18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

After the Lord has spoken to us, we shall go forth and preach Him everywhere. He is received into “heaven”…the “air”…where the Word travels from our mouths to others ears. Those who will hear and BELIEVE and fulfill all righteousness shall be saved and will also be able to be sent forth to preach.

(19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
(20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But there is a sign ... Jonah ... a virgin giving birth ... just like it is not natural sight it is not natural hearing either. Jesus could do nothing of Himself and niether can we or anyone else. Flesh and blood (preaching) can not reveal the Father nor the Son nor who we are as Sons of God. Surely our teachers will be revealed as a word cast behind us, as a menstrous cloth cast from us. Just like Barabas, a goat in the wilderness, the raven flies to and fro until all the waters are dried up off the face of the earth. He who has an ear let him hear.

Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Amazing Grace, How Sweet You Are Lord Jesus!
Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You're talking in circles. It makes no sense to go a direction when there is no showing that it is right. Additionally I believe this latter scripture is related to "a sign" that Christ is coming not "a sign" that your way is correctly chosen.

The Bible tells us that a person who is doing what the Lord wants is blessed.

Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; {2} But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. {3} He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. Psalms 1:1-3.

Again, a person who is walking in the ways of the Lord is blessed.

This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him, And saved him out of all his troubles. {7} The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them. {8} Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! {9} Oh, fear the LORD, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. {10} The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing. Psalms 34:6-10.

A peson who is walking wrongly will be cut off (at some point). But a person who is blessed is showing that they are walking in the ways of the Lord.

For those blessed by Him shall inherit the earth, But those cursed by Him shall be cut off. {23} The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way. {24} Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand. {25} I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread. {26} He is ever merciful, and lends; And [even] his descendants are blessed. Psalms 37:22-26.

People whose walk is right are blessed.

"Now therefore, listen to me, my children, For blessed are those who keep my ways. {33} Hear instruction and be wise, And do not disdain it. {34} Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at the posts of my doors. {35} For whoever finds me finds life, And obtains favor from the LORD; {36} But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; All those who hate me love death." Proverbs 8:32-36.

But there will be false teachers.

"but there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovreign Lord who bought them - bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping" (2 Peter 2:1-3).

We should avoid godless chatter so that we do not have teaching that spreads like gangrene.

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have wandered away from the truth..." (2 Timothy 2:15-18).

I believe we are in a time where false doctrines are spreading like wildfire. So we must guard against false doctrines.

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths" (2 Timothy 4:3-4).

Even from people who quote scriptures, we might find false doctrines that distort the truth.

'I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears." Acts 20:29-31

Distorting the truth is very much like the evil ways even from the Garden of Eden where the snake distorted doctrine.

4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil” Genesis 3:4.

Those who follow Jesus will have signs and wonders following them.

He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” Mark 16:15-18

So I ask for proof that you have blessings from God or that you have signs and wonders following you so as to prove to me that your ways are not false. Yet you give me no proof and no signs, and you tell me to seek no signs. Your suggestion to seek no sign but to follow you is a dangerous and treacherous pathway if there are no signs and no blessings to show me that you are right.

How would it be wise to follow your teachings when there is nothing to show me your ways are God's ways?

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In these last days, the “virgin” that gives “birth” is the tongue….wherein is no guile or deceit (not “knowing any man”) ….that will speak the Word of God humbly in love, Truth and in Spirit. The Son of God is to be “birthed” by those who can humble themselves at the Truth.

Matthew 1:23 KJV
(23) Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Those who will hear the Word of God….after it has been “birthed” by the pure mouth wherein is no deceit…..are blessed if they keep it.

Luke 11:27-32 KJV
(27) And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
(28) But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

But many people will “gather thick together” against what is preached….being the “evil generation” as they bring forth their evil testing and accusations. No sign shall be given them except the sign of Jonah the prophet.

(29) And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.
(30) For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

The “sign” is the preaching of the Spirit of Truth…..for the men of Nineveh repented at the PREACHING of Jonah. “Jonah” means “dove” which is the symbol for the Spirit.

The only sign that the EVIL generation of unbelievers shall be given is the preaching by the Spirit. Yet, they will not recognize this “sign” for they are expecting something else….an outward tangible thing…and will not hear and receive the Word of Truth when it is spoken.

(31) The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
(32) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

The world of unbelieving religious men will not receive this “sign”. The world will not “see” him nor know him….for they will not bear nor keep what is being preached. It is still a “sign” nonetheless whether they recognize it or not.

John 14:16-17 KJV
(16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Those who will not receive the love of the Truth shall show who they are inside by their lack of love shown to those who will be preaching it. They will be opposed to the Truth…being antichrist…and will not have love for their brothers that do receive the Truth.

They will not remember the doctrine of Christ…to have love for one another. If they are the disciples of Jesus, then why will they not do as he said? Because they will have no love for the Truth….as preached by the Spirit of Truth. Such will show themselves of the “spirit of error” for they will lack love and know not God.

1 John 4:6-8 KJV
(6) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
(8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

We will not “preach ourselves” as so many do.

Many make it about themselves and not about the Word of God. They will “flesh” out their “blessings and signs” for others….making it all about themselves. They build themselves up as kings instead of preaching the Word of Truth as a servant.

2 Corinthians 4:1-6 KJV
(1) Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
(2) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

We preach NOT ourselves but Christ Jesus the Lord.

(5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
(6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Paul did not boast about his blessings and signs to get people to believe in what he was saying.

In fact, the only thing Paul boasted about were his persecutions, chains, beatings, etc…..his sufferings for Jesus Christ….the Word of God.

Likewise, anyone who will preach the Truth in this last day shall be persecuted. They shall be hated without cause as no evil will be found in their mouths….no guile…no deceit…no flattery…no rendering evil for evil. They will speak not of themselves and yet will be rejected by many.

Yet, if one comes in his own name, many are eager to accept what he has to say.

John 5:41-44 KJV
(41) I receive not honour from men.
(42) But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
(43) I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
(44) How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord. But some will not recognize those who do come in His name.

But one who will come in his own name they will readily accept. They will not “see” Him until they recognize those who do come in His name preaching the Word of Truth.

Matthew 23:39 KJV
(39) For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

If a man will bring you into religious bondage and devour you with his deceitful words and take advantage of you, you will put up with it….suffering gladly for it…because you are the “wise” one. If a man will exalt himself over you and “smite” you on the face, you will readily receive him and accept what he says. Carnal, religious men want “followers” for themselves and not the Word.

2 Corinthians 11:19-20 KJV
(19) For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise.
(20) For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.

…and His people love it so. They want another “king” rather than Him being their King.

Jeremiah 5:30-31 KJV
(30) A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
(31) The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

They want a “king” over them….rejecting Him as their King.

1 Samuel 8:6-7 KJV
(6) But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
(7) And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

A “king’ only takes things from you…

1 Samuel 8:11-17 KJV
(11) And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.
(12) And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.
(13) And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.
(14) And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.
(15) And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.
(16) And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.
(17) He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.

The servant will not behave like a “king”….he will not take…but will give you true food and drink. True shepherds will feed the flock….goats only feed themselves. A servant will minister the Word of God to you. The servant does not want followers like the “king” that exercises his authority over the flock.

Mark 10:42-45 KJV
(42) But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
(43) But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
(44) And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
(45) For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

But those who will come in love…being meek and lowly…. as a servant preaching the Word of God in the name of the Lord will meet stiff resistance as the Lord has said.

Matthew 10:25 KJV
(25) It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

No servant is greater than his Lord. The religious world of the time hated Jesus….so this religious world today will hate what also shall be said and those who will say it.

John 15:18-21 KJV
(18) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
(19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
(20) Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
(21) But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

One can discern the face of the sky but can not discern the sign of the times. The sign they will be given will be one that they will not recognize…..and so it will like they never received one in their own eyes.

Matthew 16:1-4 KJV
(1) The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
(2) He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
(3) And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
(4) A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

As Jesus departed from those who sought a sign, I also depart from discussing “signs”…and laundry lists of “blessings” ….giving evidence of personal manifestations and tangible things of that nature in order for one to believe.

We are to believe in the Word of God spoken in Truth and in Spirit…and not focus on the “messengers”. Will people “kill the messengers” because of unbelief ? They always did in the past….and it will be no different today.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a greater Truth being revealed, we do nothing of ourselves. Our eye should be single and not focused on that which is without. Without is the broad way that leads to destruction. The virgin, the heavenly Jerusalem is birthing more than just mere words, but Words, she is the mother of us all, and many savoiurs shall come up upon mount Zion, many Sons of God. Just as he recieved a kingdom he has given a kingdom to us. His kingdom is the person of the Father, just like ours is the person of the Son which in the end is the person of the Father. He is going to bring again our captivity, this captivity of One. But I agree, to prove yourself is the words of a serpent.

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Purpose: Until He comes to you, give attendance to public reading so that others may hear….to exhortation…to teaching. Quoting Scripture and commenting is part of the process.

1 Timothy 4:6-16 KJV
(6) If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
(7) But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
(8) For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
(9) This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
(10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
(11) These things command and teach.

Let no man despise your “youth”.

Not literal youth…..but the newness of the Word…for it will sound strange to the current wisdom of religious man. We are to do continue teaching the “new song” without evil railing for railing so that others may not “tune” out about what is being said.

(12) Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
(13) Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
(14) Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
(15) Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
(16) Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Purpose:

Mark 16:15-16 KJV
(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
(16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Purpose:

Luke 4:17-19 KJV
(17) And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
(18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
(19) To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

We can plant and water the good news into others hearts….but it is God who gives the increase. He makes it grow within one’s heart. God is LOVE. One must receive the love of the Truth in faith.

1 Corinthians 3:7-9 KJV
(7) So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
(8) Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
(9) For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

The “rain” that comes often upon the “earth” is the teaching of the Word….that is why we must devote ourselves to public reading so that others may hear and finally “get it” so to speak. And the “sprout” that comes up in the heart shall produce a harvest of righteousness.

Hebrews 6:7-12 KJV
(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
(9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Though no one may understand it all yet……we have to continue in all diligence to work and not be slothful…..always having FAITH and PATIENCE that He will give the “increase”.

(10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
(11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
(12) That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

I have hope for the both of you! That is all I can have.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just as the Father has Life in Himself (this Life is Him) He granted the Son likewise, He is our brother, we are as He is. We have Life in us as well, granted by the Son whose Life is the Father. Life speaks, sees, hears only what the Father shows reveals teaches. So it was for Jesus, so it is for us, God, Christ, I am. This is the Truth as it is in Christ. If you feel you have arrived that is your mind building a city and calling it Enoch. His thoughts are not our thoughts, our thoughts (the woman and her children) are unclean all the days of her separation. The separation is coming to an end, the Bridegrooms voice is in the Land. This is not the voice Adam heard which caused him to cover sin with sin, this is the voice of the marriage feast. He is calling us in.

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Genesis 19….

This “ancient” story of Lot is a living one…especially relevant for today.

The two angels came to Sodom at evening.

The “evening” shows us the status of ignorance in this last day that many are in….the “darkness”…the lack of understanding… that the Word finds us in. The Word of God comes to us in this last day so that we may be delivered from the ignorance of religious men who only preach from the covetousness in their hearts and have snared many in divisions, envy, strife and hatred.

Lot sat in the “gate” of Sodom as they approached.

The “gate” is the “mouth”….the gateway of the heart.

Lot kept a tight rein on his mouth. “Sodom” means “burnt, scorched”. He held his tongue……where the tongue can become a “fire”. He “sat”….he RULED....over his own mouth as they approached. He did not speak anything against the Truth nor against the “messengers” of the Truth.

Instead, Lot rose up to meet them….he met them in FAITH…. and bowed himself with his face toward the ground. He HUMBLED himself at the hearing of the Truth. He did not speak any wrath against it….sin. No “sin” was found in his mouth at the coming of the Truth. Lot was righteous.

Genesis 19:1-14 KJV
(1) And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom:and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

Jesus is the Word of God that will be revealed to our ears in this last day. We are to be “watching for” Him….intently listening…quick to hear…..and slow to wrath and speak. Blessed are those servants whom the Lord when He comes will find watching. Lot was “watching” for them….and he sat at the “gate” of Sodom….keeping his mouth as they came to him.

Luke 12:35-37 KJV
(35) Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
(36) And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
(37) Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching:verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
(38) And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

Lot “opened” up unto them immediately. He invited them into his home.

Genesis 19: 2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

Will we also open up our “houses”….our HEARTS….immediately to Him or will we keep Him in the “street all night” knocking on our door?

Will we have faith when the Truth comes to us in this last day? Will we keep the Truth that we will hear in our hearts by opening up the door and letting Him in?

Revelation 3:20 KJV
(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

We should learn from Lot who “pressed upon them greatly”….having zeal for them to enter into his “house”. He kept the Word.

Genesis 19: 3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

He KEPT His Word within his heart. We, also, should hear and keep the Word and the TWO….the Father and Son… will come unto us and make their “abode” with us.

John 14:23-24 KJV
(23) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

None of the “men of Sodom” were there with Lot.

(24) He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Lot kept the feast of “unleavened bread”.

Genesis 19: 3 And he pressed upon them greatly;and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

Lot kept the “feast” of the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. He did not rage against the Truth with the leaven of malice and wickedness. Lot was a just man.

1 Corinthians 5:7-13 KJV
(7) Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
(8) Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Yet, Lot was still in Sodom.

(9) I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

Lot was still in the company of “fornicators”…those who call themselves “brothers” but are really covetous.

(10) Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
(11) But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

The men of “Sodom”….the men of WRATH…got one thing right about Lot. His impending departure was indicative of his judgment of them.

(12) For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
(13) But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Those of your own “church” shall “compass the house” round about for your belief in the Truth in this last day. They shall surround you with their insults and evil questioning….as they will not believe in what you will believe. They will think it strange that you will no longer run with them....speaking evil of you.

Genesis 19: (4) But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

Lot suffered a "trial"....as those will also as they "linger" around in the synagogue of unbelievers of this last day. But Lot did not render evil for their evil.

1 Peter 4:12-14 KJV
(12) Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
(13) But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
(14) If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Lot did not render evil for evil.....railing for railing....accusation for accusation...

Genesis 19: (4) But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
(5) And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

Lot did not render evil for evil…..railing accusation for accusation….even in the face of a great resistance. He kept his “door” shut to speaking evil….keeping his words few.

(6) And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
(7) And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

Christ did no "sin".....he did not revile back when reviled. When he was threatened, he did not return it. He was "dead to sin"....as we are to be when they will surround us with their insults.

1 Peter 2:20-24 KJV
(20) For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
(21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
(22) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
(23) Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

Lot was "dead to sins"....as he kept the "door" of his mouth shut and his words few to those who threatened him. Christ is our example for us especially for this coming time.

(24) Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Lot sought peace with the men of Sodom....the men of WRATH.....

1 Peter 3:11-16 KJV
(11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
(12) For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
(13) And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?

Righteous Lot suffered for righteousness' sake....

(14) But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

Lot kept the two in his home. He sanctified the Lord God in his heart. Where is the "men".....what is the reason of the hope that is in you?

(15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
(16) Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

To be continued….

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lot chose what looked like to him the garden of God when he separated himself from Abraham. Lot means vieled, a perception of an unclean woman. To him it looked like the garden of God as did the woman on the roof top that David saw as what the woman saw in the tree of knowledge. Pleasant to the eyes. A rod like unto a reed, a lamb that speaks like a dragon, a way that seems right unto a man.

Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't receive being killed for the faith as you suggested since I do not think it is absolutely required of me today. However, your discussion on Lot was interesting and revealing.

I would suggest that Lot chose what looked good and appeared as if it was going to be the best. But he didn't take the Lord with him to it. He took his own desires and lusts. And therein, he found himself, as one of the elders of the city of the dead, waiting for a sign. The angels were his sign, but he wanted to stay where he was (probably having gained wealth there).

The people of the city included many who were sinning against God's rules, and Lot knew it and even was one of the gatekeepers/city officials, but he stayed. This, combined with the previous statement above, shows that Lot recognized truth, but he chose to live in sin without correcting it while guarding himself against it. I would suggest that Lot showed himself a man, not worthy, but cowardly and unwilling to save his neighbors or fellow kinsmen. And didn't he take servants with him as he went from Abram? Surely so since he had "flocks and herds and tents" according to Genesis 13:5. And he had "herdsmen" according to Genesis 13:7 which he also was not protecting.

So he chose to allow his servants to walk wrongly also. He was a person who chose to act in a right way amidst sin (somewhat like those who live and function in and work in and find success in Sin City, but try to remain pure without saying anything). But we see that his mind was corrupted by the sin he saw as his story unravels.

Lot also took the angels in as much to protect them from the city dwellers as to give them food and a place to stay. He knew what the city dwellers would do to the angels if they could though the angels insisted they stay in the city streets for the night (if he even knew they were angels which, I would argue, he did not since he intended to protect them (and angels do not need protecting). Either that, or he knew they were angels and didn't want them to know how bad the city had become. He knew the lusts of "all" the people (Genesis 19:4) had no bounds, and they were going to rape the newcomers if they could get to them.

But Lot, being no saint, offered his virgin daughters who were already pledged in marriage. If Lot had promised the girls to someone, then offering them to the men of the city would show Lot was dishonest at the very least. He also had little love in him to offer his apparently only two children to people who would likely kill them (lots of men raping one or two women could easily kill them). So Lot was no good man.

IMO Lot was sinning by staying in Sin City. He became dishonest. He was a man who recognized God (maybe because of Abram's prayers only) but a man who was living amongst sin and accepting it--offering his children as sexual favors to people, getting drunk, having sex with his own daughters and other things such as cowardice (when he lived in the cave with his daughters).

When he knew that the people of the city were sinning in a way that the Lord could kill them, then he should have left before. But he was weak, wanted to maintain his wealth that he had accumulated (hard to take it with you then), and he was encouraged by his wife to stay. She may have refused to leave as she obviously loved the city (because of what is to become of her).

Additionally, we see that Lot was no great man when we see that he, being drunk, had sex with his own daughters. As you might notice, he also did not offer sacrifices of guilt offerings or anything to the Lord after he had sex with his own daughters. He never even repented. The argument could be made that it was not against "the law" at that point, but it was not done at any time prior and was finally called "sin." Since God does not change (James 1:17), we can only believe that those things that were given by the law were always sin i.e. having sex with your own child.

And Lot is never mentioned (except to remind us that his surroundings and his wife were destroyed as he lived in sin) for the remainder of the Bible except where his two sons by his daughters were given land and that Israel should not go against the Moabites or Ammonites because God would not give Lot's sons' land to Israel. Lot was not mentioned as being a good man or a righteous man or a friend of God like Abram.

This shows that being around evil (allowing it to surround you, living with it as though it was acceptable) corrupts a person. That person then begins to think things that are sinful and wrong, and they are corrupted even when they maintain what is good outwardly, inwardly they become corrupt.

Lot was not righteous. He acted correcty when he saw the angels, but I cannot suggest he was a righteous man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lot represents the femine as Cain did. It is the woman, which is our mind. He beheld Egypt, bodage, flesh as the garden of the LORD.

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, ..."

"And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt ..."

Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Lot represents the femine as Cain did. It is the woman, which is our mind. He beheld Egypt, bodage, flesh as the garden of the LORD.
Show me in the Bible where this is true.

This sounds to me that you consider women as evil. It sounds more like Islam than like the Bible.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Male and female are to me a picture of something in the natural that reveals Truth in the Spirit. He who has the Bride is the bridegoom. The sun on one level represents the Father, the mother the moon. Jacob who became Israel, the first born (in type) understood the correlation in Joseph's dreams. This can not be summed up with one scripture but the whole of the Gospel, all the words of this Life so to speak. He made the two one again, the two that were separated at the beginning. It is all packed in within a few verses about Adam's sons, who was the tiller of the field, who was the spiritual seed, the cities, Enoch of the two seeds, one becomes the habitation of God the other is a city built with hands, flesh, the way of Cain. She is to who Jesus spoke to saying he would had gathered all her children together but she would not. Jerusalem is femine and her children are her thoughts and she is between our ears. She is to be desolate, our soul, mind, we are to loose our soul, so to speak ...

Isa 54:1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Words almost cheapen the reality of the glory that is set before us, as a table in the midst of our enemies. I have come to find I had turned the image of God into the image like corruptible man. Thirtytwo years in this, in Christ and I feel as if I finally see for the first time, the book is now becoming one to me, we are coming upon a time of a great awakening, the time of separation (in us) is coming to an end. we are about to behold our Son (in picture).

Lev 12:2-3 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Wheeler: My questions are: What manifestations do you get when you live this way? How is your life different living this way than another way? And what way did you live before this revelation?

Prophetess:

What say you...

For people who see the fruit as symbolic of Original Sin, passed down to us all through Adam, the issue today becomes one of some Trait passed on genetically.

Since Charity is the saving works specifically demanded by Christ in Matthew 24:31, it makes sense that this Trait in us is Selfishness.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Prophetess:

What say you...

For people who see the fruit as symbolic of Original Sin, passed down to us all through Adam, the issue today becomes one of some Trait passed on genetically.

Since Charity is the saving works specifically demanded by Christ in Matthew 24:31, it makes sense that this Trait in us is Selfishness.
:confused:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1Prophetess

Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Prophetess:

What say you...

The man I studied under for many years was a teacher of Greek and Hebrew. He had many years in both languages, and he was considered an expert in his field by many.

He indicated that, along with the male's seed, comes the sinfulness. He said that the reason that Jesus was born from a woman, and not a man, is that the man carries sinfulness in his seed (Adam's seed). As he fathers children, they are sinful.

In John 8, Jesus said, 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

This might lead me to believe that lying is the sinfulness in us, and murder is also a result of it. The Bible tells us that all men are liars. Since God is Truth, the opposite of lies, then it could be that lying is the result of sinfulness.

Is 14: 13 You said in your heart,
“I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.[c]
14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.”
15 But you are brought down to the grave,
to the depths of the pit.

Many believe this is in reference to the devil. If so, it is suggested that it is arrogance that causes us to be sinful. (Note the five "I will" statements.) If Satan was trying to usurp God's position (and he must be or he wouldn't fight God's way), then maybe it is correct that arrogance (saying I am better than God) is the key to sin.

Either way, lying is a result of arrogance, and self-centeredness and selfishness are owned because of arrogance. In other words, the arrogance of thinking "I'm too good to be treated badly." Or it could be stated, "I'm too good to not have it all!" Or another way would be, "I am better than you, so I deserve more than you do."

So I would tend to agree that you are on the right track.

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just wanted to say "thank you" for continuing to read and considering.

What is “sin”?

Sin is speaking evil with the mouth. Lot is described as righteous in 2nd Peter. Lot withheld his mouth from “sin”….as the wicked that were before him taunted him….threatened him….insulted him.

Psalms 39:1-2 KJV
(1) To the chief Musician, even to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
(2) I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.

Think of the stories of the Bible as parables that are to be revealed by our Lord in this last day.

He comes to “show himself alive” by many “infallible proofs”…..by interpreting these stories for our benefit.

He comes to give us His knowledge by which may be delivered from the “darkness” …..ignorance…of men in the high places of our “churches” who have led many astray from having love for one another….the holy commandment.

He speaks of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God….that is, our hearts…..where He is to reign.

Acts 1:3 KJV
(3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

The interpretation of these “parables”…..the power to “get wealth”…the true “riches”….is all for pointing us back to the confirming of the covenant that we have with Him.

The end purpose is for us to REMEMBER His commandments and DO them. Many have forgotten and are like “scattered sheep” living in bitter envying, strife, divisions and hatred of one another….and need many “proofs” to guide them back to Him so we can all be of one mind and one body.

Deuteronomy 8:18-19 KJV
(18) But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenantwhich he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
(19) And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.

He comes to give us His knowledge in this last day. These many “proofs” guide us right back to the “holy commandment”….to have love for one another.

2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV
(20) For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
(21) For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Think of the “two angels”…..the two messengers…..the two witnesses….who came to Lot in Sodom as the two greatest commandments of God. We have all been ignorantly living in envying and strife following after the lusts….covetousness….. of religious men. . We have forgotten and need to be reminded of His commandments.

Genesis 19:1 KJV
(1) And there came two angelsto Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

The “two messengers” = the two greatest commandments.

All of the “proofs” lead us right back to here…..the simplicity of Christ……the teaching of Christ……the doctrine of Christ. We are to HEAR…..believe…..

Mark 12:29-34 KJV
(29) And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
(30) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
(31) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
(32) And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
(33) And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Jesus gives us His “proofs”….speaking of those things pertaining to the kingdom of God. He shall reign in our hearts when we hear and BELIEVE and DO His Word in this last day.

(34) And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God.And no man after that durst ask him any question.

Just as shown to us in 2nd Peter…….Lot was “just”.

He was a “righteous man”. His “righteous soul” was being “vexed” by the negative feedback he was receiving for the keeping of the Word in his heart. We also who are keeping company with the “unbelievers” in the church shall be personally “vexed” also for our belief in the Truth in this last day.

Peter 2:
(7) And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
(8) (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soulfrom day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

Lot BELIEVED God….just as Abraham believed and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Lot was called a “righteous man” in 2nd Peter.

Romans 4:3 KJV
(3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

We are to have FAITH in the revealed Truth in this last day….

James 2:23-24 KJV
(23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

…..and DO what it says.

Lot DID what was commanded…..he did not “sin” with his mouth when confronted by evil opposition and insults. He was “righteous”. He heard the Message….kept it in his heart in faith and DID what it said to do…..not rendering evil for evil….but pursuing peace and having love for your enemies.

(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Who were the “angels”…the messengers…. that sinned during Lot’s time? “Angel” means “messenger”.

The men of Sodom were the “messengers” of their evil WRATH. Their wrath was directed at Lot and they were “blinded”….delivered into “chains of darkness” as a result. “SIN” IS TO SPEAK EVIL OF ANOTHER.

Peter 2:4-22 KJV
(4) For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness,to be reserved unto judgment;
(5) And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
(6) And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
(7) And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
(8) (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

The Lord knew how to deliver Lot out of the “temptations”. What were the “temptations”? The temptation to “sin” with his mouth….the temptation to fight back……the temptation to render evil for evil. He will keep the “unjust” in “darkness” as they will be “blinded” to the gospel.

(9) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

The men of Sodom….the men of WRATH…..were self-willed and were not afraid to speak evil of “dignities”. History will repeat itself….and those who will not REMEMBER these things will be doomed to repeat them.

(10) But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
(11) Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
(12) But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not;and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

The Lord knows how to deliver the righteous from the temptation to “sin” with the mouth. He “shut” the “door” of Lot’s mouth so no evil would come out of it as the threatening and insults became greater.

The men were “blinded”…..given over to a reprobate mind and totally forgot the holy commandment to have love for one another. They were filled with all unrighteousness in their speech as they “wearied themselves to find the door”.

In other words, they threw all kinds of insults and evil railing at him trying to get Lot to “open the door” of his mouth. But his mouth stayed “shut”. ….he did no “sin”.

Genesis 19:10-13 KJV
(10) But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.
(11) And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.
(12) And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:
(13) For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.

Those who hate their brothers…..just as they did hated righteous Lot for receiving the Truth….are in “darkness”. They have forgotten the “new commandment” …the doctrine of Christ…to have love for one another. The darkness has blinded his eyes……he has forgotten.

John 2:7-11 KJV
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
(8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
(9) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
(10) He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
(11) But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

The men of Sodom were evil. “men with men”.

Genesis 19:5 KJV
(5) And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

This is NOT about literal homosexuality.

This is ALL about men receiving honor from each other in this last day in the face of the revealing of the Truth. The Word is NOT about receiving honor from men. How can those believe in this last day who will only seek honor from each other (men with men) and seek not the honor that comes from God only?

John 5:41-44 KJV
(41) I receive not honour from men.
(42) But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
(43) I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
(44) How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

The men of Sodom….the men of wrath….had their eyes “blinded” and their hearts hardened because they had NO FAITH at the hearing of the Truth.

John 12:38-43 KJV
(38) That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
(39) Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
(40) He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
(41) These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Even though some of them may have believed in the Truth….they loved the praise of men more (men lying with men) than the praise of God.

(42) Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
(43) For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

To be continued….

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sodom's King would have made the promise to Abram merchadise. The reason why Sodom and not Gomorah is mentioned as the place spiritually called, where the Lord was crucifed, along with Egypt and the refrence to the earthly Jerusalem being the city Babylon, a harlot. In desolation we bring forth.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The man I studied under for many years was a teacher of Greek and Hebrew. He had many years in both languages, and he was considered an expert in his field by many.

He indicated that, along with the male's seed, comes the sinfulness. He said that the reason that Jesus was born from a woman, and not a man, is that the man carries sinfulness in his seed (Adam's seed). As he fathers children, they are sinful.
Gosh your friend must have forgotten his Greek!
Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on the seed of Abraham.

Not to mention the fact that his mother was also a sinner.

Act 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Gal 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Upvote 0