the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why are there not people in the churches living the age-lasting life now? Because there is a prevalent atmosphere of envy and strife within the religious institutions of man. They worship Him in vain as they teach for doctrines the commandments of men. They set aside the commandment of God ( to have love for one another) in order to keep the traditions of men and it is the leaders who perpetuate this.

Mark 7:7-9 KJV
(7) Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
(8) For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
(9) And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

They fight among themselves about things that don’t matter: such as to which day they should worship on (Saturday vs Sunday)….about water baptism or not…..about taking the communion…..about tithing…etc, etc, etc, etc. They make of none effect the Word….the Saying…of God (have love for one another) in order to keep their own traditions. They keep their traditions and fight with each other and so do not keep commandment of God: have love for one another.

Mark 7:13 KJV
(13) Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

They are led astray as sheep . They listen to the wrong people. The thief only comes to steal, kill and destroy. Their leaders rob them of the “eternal life” in the here and now. The church leaders steal peace, love and joy from them. They divide His people into “denominations”. They take away the white robes of righteousness so to speak and leave them bare. And all for what? The love of money. They deceive many by good words and fair speeches but they really serve their own ”belly”….greed.

Romans 16:17-18 KJV
(17) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
(18) For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

“Babylon” is the flattering tongue that they use to deceive the hearts of the simple. “Babylon” means “confusion”….as the smooth tongue speaks good words and fair speeches to deceive and is used to hide what is in the heart: greed. They have grown rich off the deceptions of the flattering tongue…. “Babylon”.

But Jesus comes so that they might have life and have it more abundantly. He comes to rescue His people from the pastors of greed.

John 10:9-10 KJV
(9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
(10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

He comes with the knowledge of God so that they might escape from those who are living in error. They shall hear His “voice”….the knowledge of God being spoken…and they will come out of the “graves” of religious institutions. Some will believe in what they will hear and do it and so will inherit that promised age-lasting life but others in the churches will not believe and will speak out against what they will hear and be judged for it in the here and now.

John 5:28-30 KJV
(28) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
(29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

As He will hear, He will judge. By the words that will come out of the mouths of men in response to the Truth will they be judged for.

(30) I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Why will any one fight against the simplicity of the Truth? Because it means giving up their own thoughts and ways. They will have to abandon their church denominations and commandments of men in order to have love for one another. The Truth will testify that their church deeds are really evil and not good. Church deeds save no one.

Some will have a problem with that. This is why religious men are to humble themselves to the Truth and not exalt their own thoughts and ways in defiance of the Truth. The religious “world” of 2000 years ago consisted of the religious leaders….the Pharisees and Sadducees….and their followers. They did not want to hear that their religious works were evil….as they will not want to hear today. They did not want others going after Jesus and so were envious of him.

History will simply repeat itself. The Bible shows us all of the resistance of past resistors…and these things will just be repeated. The Bible shows us the examples of what to do and what not to do….but those who will not remember them will be doomed to repeat the same old mistakes of the past.

John 7:7 KJV
(7) The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

This is why Jesus said that if any man will come after Him, he is to deny himself….deny his own preconceived religious thoughts and ways. Jesus spoke to religious men about these things 2000 years ago…and the religious of today have the same message. In order to receive Him, they are to humble their own hearts and receive the love of the Truth.

Matthew 16:24-26 KJV
(24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
(25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
(26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

It’s all about what comes out of the mouth. The religious leaders of Jesus’ day spoke nothing but evil of what he had to say. Out of the abundance of the heart does the mouth speak. The Truth shall reveal what is in the hearts of men….for they will speak what bubbles up in their hearts after they hear it.

Matthew 12:33-37 KJV
(33) Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
(34) O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
(35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
(36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

“Babylon”….the smooth, flattering tongue will “burn” as their mouth will only speak evil, wrathful things. Babylon falls and becomes the habitation of “devils” and the hold of every foul spirit (which means “breath”) and a cage of every unclean and hateful “bird”….which are words. In other words, the smooth, deceptive words and speeches of greedy pastors will be replaced by angry tirades of hateful things directed at those who will speak the Truth to them.

Revelation 18:2-5 KJV
(2) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
(3) For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
(4) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
(5) For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

What shall religious leaders do to inherit “eternal” life….age-lasting life? How can they change?

Luke 10:25-37 KJV
(25) And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
(26) He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

The answer: DO the 2 greatest commandments and LIVE. Preach it to the sheep and take care of them.

(27) And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
(28) And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
(29) But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

Like the man who went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, many have fallen among the thieves……the pastors of greed. They have stripped them of their “raiment”….of love, peace, joy, righteousness and have robbed them of their age-lasting life that should be theirs in the here and now. They are left “half-dead”….they are perishing.

(30) And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

The leaders neglect their condition. The doctrines and commandments of men do NOTHING to heal them of their perishing.

(31) And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
(32) And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

But Jesus is the good Samaritan who has compassion on the sheep who have been led astray and have been sheared of their righteousness.

(33) But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

He comes to them to bind up their “wounds”….pouring in the oil of the Spirit and the forgiveness of sins. He gives them joy.

(34) And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

The religious leaders are to take care of the flock of God and so inherit “eternal life” in the here and now. The “two pence” are the two greatest commandments. They are to preach the Word in Truth and sincerity. When he comes again, He will repay.

(35) And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
(36) Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
(37) And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Upvote 0