Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The foundation of the lie of the serpent is if we eat of the tree of our own reasoning we will be like God. This is the law, framed for gain. This is our nakedness and the fig leaves an adding sin unto sin. A covering that is not Father.

Peter knew He couldn't agape just phileo, we, like Jesus, do nothing of ourselves.

Cain was a picture of the one who builds the city that is made with hands.

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If we , through the Spirit, do deaden the deeds of the body (evil speaking, guile, envies, etc), then we shall live…..age-during life.

Romans 8:13-14 KJV
(13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

For as many that are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Those that receive His words are given power to become the sons of God.

John 1:12-14 KJV
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Word becomes flesh as we fulfill His Word. It dwells among us and we continue to behold His glory.

(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

We are to be the “epistle” known and read of all men.

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 KJV
(2) Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

We are to be the living epistle of Christ before all men written with the Spirit of the living God……openly showing the work of the ministry of His apostles before all.

(3) Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

We are to look into the perfect “law of liberty” (have love for one another) and continue therein…….

James 1:25 KJV
(25) But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

We are to speak and so do as they that shall be judged by the “law of liberty”.

James 2:12 KJV
(12) So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

We are to fulfill the “law of Christ”…..

Galatians 6:2 KJV
(2) Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

We are to continue in his love by keeping his commandments.

John 15:9-12 KJV
(9) As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
(10) If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
(11) These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is His commandment: that we have love for one another as he has loved us.

(12) This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Having love for one another is the “doctrine of Christ”.

2 John 1:5-11 KJV
(5) And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
(6) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The deceivers do not confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh….for they do not do what he said to do: have love for one another. Neither do they recognize those who do His commandments….for they oppose and contradict the righteous. They are “anti” Christ when they will hear the Word of Truth….opposing His doctrine.

(7) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
(8) Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

The “doctrine of Christ” is to have love for one another. He that abides not in the “doctrine of Christ” has not God…..for God is love.

(9) Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
(10) If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
(11) For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

To have love for one another is the true meaning of the “Lord’s supper”.

Luke 22:13-20 KJV
(13) And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
(14) And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
(15) And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
(16) For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
(17) And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
(18) For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Do what in remembrance of him? Have love for one another….for we are to love others as he has loved us and gave his life for us.

(19) And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
(20) Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

In John, Jesus shows us the meaning of the Lord’s supper after Judas had left the room. We are to DO this in remembrance of him.

John 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

This is the love of God: that we keep His commandments.

1 John 5:3-5 KJV
(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

We have to overcome the current religious world with all of its hatred, envy, strife and divisions.

(4) For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
(5) Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Love not the religious world of religious man.

His things are done and spoken in deceit. His commandments, traditions ,doctrines and denominations are all motivated by the lusts of religious men in high places. They are motivated by the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life.

They seek after the things that others have gained: bigger church buildings, bigger congregations, bigger ministries, bigger bank accounts, seeking for their books and religious products being greeted richly in the marketplaces by naive consumers, greater honor among themselves, etc, etc, etc. They covet after each others’ teachings (their neighbors’ “wives”) so that they may also gain these things…..supposing that gain is godliness.

1 John 2:15-19 KJV
(15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
(16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

All these things are going to pass away….and the covetousness that is central to all of it.

(17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
(18) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

They shall manifest themselves by their wrathful opposition and contradiction to the Truth….as it requires them giving up their current “lives” to save them.

(19) They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

The ransom of a man’s life are his riches that he has gained unjustly with deceitful preaching.

Proverbs 13:7-8 KJV
(7) There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
(8) The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.

They have employed their smooth, deceitful tongues to lead others astray. “Babylon” is the flattering tongue of the deceiver who speaks “good words and fair speeches” to deceive the hearts of the simple. They do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ but only serve their own “belly”….their own lusts…covetousness. The serpent goes about on his “belly”.

Romans 16:17-18 KJV
(17) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
(18) For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
(19) For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
(20) And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Don’t eat with them and their covetous teachings.

Leviticus 11:42 KJV
(42) Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.

But the simple believe every word they are told. Perhaps because they do not READ their Bibles.

Proverbs 14:15 KJV
(15) The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The “world” is the religious “world” of men who seek honor for themselves. How can those who love the “world” believe if they seek honor of each other ?

John 5:41-44 KJV
(41) I receive not honour from men.
(42) But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
(43) I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
(44) How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

How can those believe if they look to the “world” as the authority…as the brothers of Jesus did?

John 7:2-8 KJV
(2) Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand.
(3) His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.

Men look to the “world” for approval.

(4) For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.

Jesus’ own brothers did not believe in him.

(5) For neither did his brethren believe in him.
(6) Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.

The “world” can not hate one of its own….those who love, honor and elevate the world of religious men. But the “world” will hate one who testifies that its deeds are inherently evil. They hated Jesus for his testimony back then….and they will today.

(7) The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
(8) Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for my time is not yet full come.

We are not to love the “world”….the religious establishments of self-seeking men.

1 John 2:15-17 KJV
(15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
(16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
(17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

The “world” seeks its own glory. Those who speak from the viewpoint of the “world”….whose deeds are evil…. can not “hear” what is being said because they do not do the will of Him. They can not see whether the doctrine is of God or if it is spoken by one who seeks his own glory.

John 7:14-18 KJV
(14) Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
(15) And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
(16) Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
(17) If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
(18) He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

The Pharisees did not do the will of God which is to have love for your brother.

John 8:36-59 KJV
(36) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

They sought to kill the Son because His Word had no place in them. They did not believe. They did not receive his words as those that are from the Father.

(37) I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
(38) I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

If they had Abraham as their father, they would have shown love to Jesus instead of contradicting and vilifying him. They would have done the “works of Abraham”.

(39) They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

They sought to kill him ….which Abraham did not do.

(40) But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

For Abraham “entertained” the strangers (the three men) who stood by him. He did not seek to kill them….but showed love for his fellow man. What he did to them, he did for the Lord.

Genesis 18:1-8 KJV
(1) And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
(2) And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
(3) And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
(4) Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
(5) And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
(6) And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
(7) And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
(8) And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

The Pharisees did not do the works of Abraham….but instead did the deeds of their “father”. Their “father” was Cain who rose up against Abel in the “field” as they talked and “slew” him. The Pharisees talked to Jesus in the “field” so to speak and sought to kill him.

John 8:
(41) Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

If God were their Father, then they would have loved him…thereby fulfilling the Word of God.

(42) Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

And because they did not do the will of God, they could not understand His speech. They could not “hear” his Word.

(43) Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

And this is how the children of the devil are made manifest……they do not do God’s will which is to have love for one another. They show hate in their evil words toward anyone who will tell them the Truth.

Anyone who hates their brother is a “murderer” and does the will of their “father”….Cain…who was a murderer and a liar from the beginning. A “liar” professes he knows God but hates his brother who he has seen.

(44) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
(45) And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
(46) Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

He that is of God hears God’s words…….and those who do not hear are not of God. God is love.

(47) He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

And of course, they will also falsely accuse.

(48) Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
(49) Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
(50) And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

If a man keep His “Saying”….that is, to have love for one another…..

(51) Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
(52) Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
(53) Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

The “world” honors itself…and its honor is nothing.

(54) Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
(55) Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
(56) Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
(57) Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
(58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

And so like their “father” Cain, they rose up against him to try to kill him……

(59) Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

The “Word”…the “Saying”….is to have love for one another. The religious world will lay aside the commandment of God in order to hold on to their traditions. They will not show any love to those who will tell them the Truth: that their worship of Him is in vain.

Mark 7:6-9 KJV
(6) He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
(7) Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
(8) For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

They will full well reject the commandment of God which is to have love for one another in order to keep their own traditions.

(9) And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

The religious world makes the “Word”…the Saying…of God of none effect through their traditions. Man’s traditions only bring envy, strife, divisions and hatred of one another into the churches.

Mark 7:13 KJV
(13) Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Those born after the flesh….the will of man….will persecute him that was born after the Spirit….just as always. Nothing will be different this time.

Galatians 4:29 KJV
(29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

continued in next post....

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
....continued from previous post....

The Word of God is THE source of “eternal life”….the age-lasting life…in the HERE AND NOW. We are to abide in Him by having love for one another even during times of persecution.

Those born of the Spirit will be persecuted by those who are born after the flesh. But those born after the Spirit will be faithful unto the “death”….that is, the persecutions that shall arise from religious men who will lay aside the commandment of God in order to seek to save their lives (those born after the flesh).

2 Corinthians 4:5-11 KJV
(5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
(6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
(7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
(8) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
(9) Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

We shall bear about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus as we shall not render evil for evil….so that the age-lasting life of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal bodies. Jesus did not render evil for evil to those who contradicted and crucified him.

(10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

The age-lasting life shall be made manifest in our mortal flesh. Wait and see this in patience.

(11) For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

The power of Christ will rest upon us when we are “persecuted” for His sake and not rendering evil for evil. There is power of life and death in the tongue. The age-lasting life shall be manifest in our mortal bodies in due time.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 KJV
(9) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(10) Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Case in point: Daniel did not partake of the meat and wine of Babylon. He did not defile himself. What comes out of the mouth is what defiles a man.

Daniel 1:8-17 KJV
(8) But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
(9) Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
(10) And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.
(11) Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,

Satan shall test our faith “ten days”….as his followers will “persecute” those who are born after the Spirit. Daniel ate “pulse” and drank water only during the ten days. “Pulse” means “something sown”….which is sowing according to the Spirit….peace, joy, goodness…no matter the circumstances. The “water” is the Living Water.

(12) Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
(13) Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
(14) So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.

At the end of ten days, Daniel appeared “fairer and fatter” in flesh as compared to those who ate the portion of the king’s meat….which is sin.

(15) And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.
(16) Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse.
(17) As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

And Daniel proceeded to live a long time…..unto the first year of king Cyrus.

Daniel 1:21 KJV
(21) And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus.

Our faith in the Truth shall be tried “ten days”. But we are to be faithful and not render evil for evil and He will give us a crown of life. The “second death” shall not harm us as those who are perishing (not having age-lasting/ “eternal “ life) will persecute us with their evil words. He is alive and so we shall remain standing in this life in Him if we continue to abide in Him: having love for each other…even in the face of those who will persecute us.

Revelation 2:8-11 KJV
(8) And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
(9) I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
(10) Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
(11) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is the message we have heard from the beginning: that we should love one another. God is love. God is Light.

1 John 3:11 KJV
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

This message from the beginning is the Word of Life….the “Saying” of Life. Let there be “Light”….the Word of Life.

We are to hear and understand that Word. We are to continually observe it and handle it….that is, to DO it and continue to do it without fail. God is the source of the Life and we have fellowship with Him if we DO His Saying…His Word.

1 John 1:1-4 KJV
(1) That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

The apostles saw this reality and showed it to us: the “eternal” Life that we are supposed to live as His people. The word “eternal” is “aionios” which means “age-lasting”. This life is offered as a gift to us in the HERE AND NOW and not after we “die and go to heaven”.

John continually presents the gift of “eternal life” in the present tense….as in the HERE AND NOW. That Life is now.

(2) (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
(3) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
(4) And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Through His Spirit we are to deaden the deeds of the body…that is, of the tongue. What comes out of our mouths is what defiles us. We are to lay aside all malice, deceit, hypocrisies, envies, and ALL evil speakings.

1 Peter 2:1-3 KJV
(1) Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

We are to desire the SINCERE milk of the Word….to continue to want to live by the Saying: have love for one another.

(2) As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
(3) If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

In order to lay hold upon this “eternal life” in the here and now, we are to “mortify” or deaden the deeds of the “body”….that is, deaden the evil things that come out of our mouths. He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also “quicken” or liven our MORTAL bodies in the HERE AND NOW.

Romans 8:11-14 KJV
(11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
(12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
(13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

We are to deaden the evil deeds of the tongue through the Spirit. As many that are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.

We are to receive Him…the Word. We are to keep it within our hearts and do it. He gives us the power to become the sons of God as we can mortify the deeds of the body by His Spirit.

John 1:12-14 KJV
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Word was made flesh. When we DO His Word, it is made flesh….we become His living letter of Christ for all men to “read” if we have it dwell within us continually.

(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

We are to be the living “epistle of Christ” for all men to know and read…one that is written with the Spirit of the LIVING God.

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 KJV
(2) Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
(3) Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

We are to be blameless and harmless…the sons of God…without rebuke. We are to shine as lights in the world…..

Philippians 2:14-16 KJV
(14) Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
(15) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God,without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

…..as we hold forth the Word of Life.

(16) Holding forth the word of life;that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

We are to purify our souls in obeying the Truth through the Spirit unto UNFEIGNED love of the brothers.

1 Peter 1:22-25 KJV
(22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

We are to be born by the Word of God….His “Saying”: to love one another with a pure heart fervently. If we DO His Saying, we will LIVE and REMAIN to the age. The King James Version incorrectly translates this as “forever”.

(23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

For all flesh is as grass. His flesh withers away as he lives but a short time here. The grass withers away ….as does what man temporarily glories in.

(24) For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the Word becomes flesh when we DO His Saying: have love for one another. That Word livens our MORTAL bodies and we live and remain “to the age”. We have “eternal”….age-lasting life in the HERE AND NOW.

(25) But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The Father has given the Son power over all flesh….and he should give “eternal life” to as many as He has given him.

John 17:1-3 KJV
(1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(2) As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And this is life “eternal”…..the age-lasting life in the here and now: that we might know the only true God (God is love) and Jesus Christ…who is that Word that was sent . We are to live and remain in Him…abiding in His Word…His Saying… continually.

(3) And this is life eternal,that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

We are to “die daily” to the outward man.

For he that will love life and see good days is to refrain his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking guile…or deceit. Though others will persecute us, we will not be destroyed as we pursue peace with all and not rendering evil for evil. . We have this “treasure” in earthen vessels….so that the life of Jesus might be manifest in our MORTAL bodies. The life of Jesus that will manifest itself in our bodies shall because of the power of God….for man can not add one cubit to the AGE of his life.

2 Corinthians 4:7-12 KJV
(7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
(8) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
(9) Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
(10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

We “die daily” to evil speaking so that the life of Jesus might be manifest in our mortal flesh…..as He will keep us alive and remaining to the age.

(11) For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
(12) So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

continued in next post...

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
....continued from previous post.

Religious men can not add to his age one cubit by his own works.

Young's Literal Translation
Matthew 6:27
And who of you, being anxious, is able to add to his age one cubit?

One can not add to his age one cubit by building grand church buildings…building great ministries….pursuing one’s own honor…selling religious merchandise…doing “wonderful works” in His name. Remember the conclusion of Solomon: Fear God and keep His commandments…for that is the whole duty of man.

Matthew 6:24-27 KJV
(24) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
(25) Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
(26) Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
(27) Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

Fear God and keep His commandments…..

Ecclesiastes 12:13 KJV
(13) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

And as promised to Solomon, if we will keep His statutes and His commandment, then our days shall be lengthened.

1 Kings 3:13-14 KJV
(13) And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.
(14) And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

We are to keep His commandments……

1 John 3:22-24 KJV
(22) And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

…..and this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

(23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
(24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

We are to inherit a “blessing”. We are called to “eternal life”…that is age-lasting life in the HERE AND NOW.

1 Peter 3:8-11 KJV
(8) Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
(9) Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
(10) For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

Through the Spirit, we are to “eschew” evil and do good. Seek peace and ensue it.

(11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

We are to follow after righteousness….

1 Timothy 6:11-12 KJV
(11) But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

…..and lay hold on “eternal life” wherein we are also called.

(12) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

We are to be dead to “sin”…which means “to miss the mark”. When we speak evil of another, we “miss the mark” of the Truth: to have love for one another.

Romans 6:5-13 KJV
(5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
(6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
(7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

If we are “dead” with Christ, we are to BELIEVE that we shall also LIVE with him….. “eternal life” (age-lasting) in the here and now.

(8) Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
(9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
(10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
(11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

We are not to yield our “members”….the TONGUES…as “instruments” of unrighteousness unto “sin”…..evil speaking. But we are to yield ourselves unto God as those who are truly ALIVE from the “dead”. Our tongues are to be “instruments” of righteousness unto God and not be used for evil.

(13) Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

The “wages of sin” is death but the gift of God is “eternal life” through Jesus Christ our Lord….the Word of God.

Romans 6:23 KJV
(23) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

If we walk in His ways, we shall LIVE… “eternal life”…and that it may be well with us. Our days shall be PROLONGED in the land which we shall possess. The heart of peace, joy, love is the “land”….as we shall have fellowship with Him in our hearts.

Deuteronomy 5:32-33 KJV
(32) Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.
(33) Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.

Whoever shall believe in him shall not perish but have “everlasting” life….that is, age-lasting life in the here and now. In the here and now is where we are to manifest the LIFE of JESUS in our MORTAL bodies….as our days here shall be prolonged. All men shall see that we are His disciples if we have love for one another.

John 3:16-19 KJV
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believes not is already condemned ….as many perish in the short time allotted here suffering the effects of “sin”…the evil deeds of the tongue that they will not cease from.

(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

We can not dress up the flesh in so-called “works of righteousness” which are based on the will of men (his commandments, traditions, doctrines) and expect to live a life to its fullest…..an age-lasting life.

(19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

The power of God….the life of Jesus…. is to be manifest in our MORTAL bodies in the here and now as we continue in His will: have true love for one another.

Upvote 0

Comprehender

Mar 29, 2012
✟8,006.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is symbolic for the the many divisions we come to realize.
Before Adam & Eve (representing us, male & female) took the fruit of this tree, all things were of God to them, there was no separation.

But in order to change, to progress (our purpose in this life), we had to be isolated from God & the truth. Thus there was light and dark, good & evil. We had to be able to choose one or the other & learn by trial & error (active faith). In reality, good and bad are subjective & relative. It's like playing a musical instrument. Anything is only "good" or "bad" in relation to other notes, timing, pitch, loudness etc. In itself, there is no "good" or "evil" note.

"Thou shalt not kill"... unless it's a poisonous spider that is in your house.

I'm beginning to realize that God created it all - good & evil - so in the big, eternal perspective, it's all GOoD, because ultimately, it all helps us learn & progress. When I get so angry with the perceived "evil" of someone, my anger is tempered when I realize that the very "evil" I condemn is part of humanity - part of us all. It is potential within me, or I may have expressed a degree of that evil in one way or another before. Often what bugs me most is that which I actively deny in myself (even if it's just feared potential).

Jesus could love everyone - even the "least of these" because he didn't deny humanity - but descended below all things (& all human potential) so he could lift them up. I hope to be an agent of healing like that.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is symbolic for the the many divisions we come to realize.
Before Adam & Eve (representing us, male & female) took the fruit of this tree, all things were of God to them, there was no separation.

But in order to change, to progress (our purpose in this life), we had to be isolated from God & the truth. Thus there was light and dark, good & evil. We had to be able to choose one or the other & learn by trial & error (active faith). In reality, good and bad are subjective & relative. It's like playing a musical instrument. Anything is only "good" or "bad" in relation to other notes, timing, pitch, loudness etc. In itself, there is no "good" or "evil" note.

I'm beginning to realize that God created it all - good & evil - so in the big, eternal perspective, it's all GOoD, because ultimately, it all helps us learn & progress. When I get so angry with the perceived "evil" of someone, my anger is tempered when I realize that the very "evil" I condemn is part of humanity - part of us all. It is potential within me, or I may have expressed a degree of that evil in one way or another before. Often what bugs me most is that which I actively deny in myself (even if it's just feared potential).

Jesus could love everyone - even the "least of these" because he didn't deny humanity - but descended below all things (& all human potential) so he could lift them up. I hope to be an agent of healing like that.

Great post. It is all a matter of perception.

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
He that believes on the Son has the age-lasting life (“eternal life) in the here and now if we follow His commandment: to have love for one another as He has loved us. This life is for the HERE AND NOW. It is the promise of the fullest, most satisfying life imaginable that God shows those who love Him….as they will do His commandments.

John 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

He that does not believe the Son shall not see this “everlasting life…..but the wrath of God ABIDES on him as it says here in John 3:36. Those who do not believe do not practice what they preach even though we may be professing it.

We are to have love for one another….this is not a suggestion but His commandment. Without this, we do NOT have age-lasting life in the here and now. We perish just like the rest of the world. Our time here is short.

John 3:36 KJV
(36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Those who do not “believe”…that is, not doing what He says….. has the wrath of God already abiding upon them already. Many are “perishing” because they have strayed away by deceiving teachers and do not keep His commandment. We see what this wrath is in Psalms 90.

Psalms 90:1-17 KJV
(1) A Prayer of Moses the man of God. Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
(2) Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
(3) Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.
(4) For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
(5) Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up.

When we do not do His commandment, our shortened lives are like this:

(6) In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth.

We prematurely age and perish……we are consumed by His anger.

(7) For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled.
(8) Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.

We do not live out the full potential of the life He had planned for us. All our days pass away in His wrath and we end our years as a “tale that is told”….a muttering…a passing thought….a sigh.

(9) For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.

When we do not do His will, our days are shortened. The days of our years are 70…and if by reason of strength they maybe 80…..yet their strength is spent in labor and sorrow. For they are soon cut off and we “fly away”.

(10) The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Who knows the power of His anger? The relatively short lives of people are an expression of His wrath. His wrath abides upon all that do not believe in the Son. They do not DO the commandment to have love for one another.

Those who profess it and yet do not live it really do not “believe” in it. We are to fear Him and do what He says once we truly comprehend the situation that all men suffer the wrath by a premature death because of the sins of the tongue….a tongue that does not love and does not pursue peace with all men.

(11) Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath.

Teach us to number out days so that we may apply our hearts to unto wisdom. When we apply our hearts to His wisdom, then we can truly understand what the wrath is….. a curtailed life….early aging (perishing) and death. We do not live out the fullness of the potential days we could have had if we had only did what He commanded. His Spirit will not always strive with man…..for he is flesh. If we sow to the flesh, we reap corruption.

We are to do what He said to do: have love for one another…..have love for all whether friend or foe.

(12) So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
(13) Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you….for this is the law and the prophets.

Matthew 7:12-15 KJV
(12) Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Enter in at the narrow gate….for W–I-D-E is the gate and broad is the way that leads to ruin…..a shortened life…the “perishing” away of those who do not DO what He said to do.

(13) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Only a FEW have truly found this life…..while the MANY have gone the way of ruin.

(14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Many, many have been deceived by false prophets and led astray into their “church” establishments (graves) where there exists only envy, strife, divisions and hatred. They have stolen the age-lasting life (the full potential life that is available in Christ) from many by leading many away from the Word of Life. Their commandments, doctrines, and works appear to be righteous on the outside…..but inwardly the false teachers are just ravening wolves. Many lives have been ruined…as they perish in a relatively short time. 70 to 80 years is not “eternal life”.

(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

But our God is merciful. He comes to deliver us from those who have put us in the “grave”. The “dead” shall hear the voice of the Son of God and those that “hear” shall LIVE. They shall “awaken” to the Truth and DO it.

John 5:25-29 KJV
(25) Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

There is true life in the hearing and doing what He says. We are to honor our Father in heaven and our “mother”…the tongue that speaks His wisdom from above. He that honors the Son honors the Father….and we are given the promise of a long life in the here and now.

(26) For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
(27) And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
(28) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Those that will do good …that will DO the Word of Truth…. shall have age-lasting life……the fullness of the true life we were meant to have in the here and now. We shall escape from those who are living in error of the Truth….the crypt keepers.

(29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

continued in next post.....

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
.....continued from previous post...

Through the Spirit, those who will believe in the Son will deaden the deeds of the body and LIVE. They will put out of their mouths all evil speaking , hypocrisies, guile, envies, malice, etc.

Romans 8:11-13 KJV
(11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
(12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

But those who will continue in their perishing will not believe in what they will hear. They will think that the preaching of the cross of Christ is foolishness. Christ did not render evil for evil. He suffered the cross without “sin”…without any evil coming out of his mouth. He is the example for us also…..we are to get rid of all the evil things that come out of our mouths. But this will seem like foolishness to those who love to debate their erroneous theologies and strike each other with their hateful words in their church gatherings.

1 Peter 2:21-25 KJV
(21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
(22) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
(23) Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
(24) Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

We are like sheep going astray…..but because of His mercy, we return unto the true Shepherd and Bishop of our souls. We shall LIVE life to the very fullest….an “age-lasting” life.

(25) For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

The preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who perish….for they will not believe that by having love for one another and withholding their tongues from speaking evil they shall be saved.

Our lives shall be preserved by the power of God in the here and now. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead shall liven and persevere (save) our mortal bodies in this life so that the life of Jesus can be manifested to all on the outside. We are to be His witnesses that keep His commandments….and what a great way to spread His Word as the physical proof to others will be in our continued lives that will not perish as others.

Christ did not revile when he was reviled and crucified. Instead, the unbelievers will rely upon their own “religious” wisdom of words as they speak evil of us and speak evil of the Way of Truth. What a shame to judge yourself unworthy of this promise….. “eternal life”.

1 Corinthians 1:17-19 KJV
(17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
(18) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(19) For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

They shall utterly perish in their own corruption….because they will have despised His government over them. The unbelievers will not withhold their tongues from evil but will instead speak against the Truth in ever greater wickedness.

2 Peter 2:10-14 KJV
(10) But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
(11) Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
(12) But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
(13) And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

And they will take others who are wavering in their faith of the Truth down with them.

(14) Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

Remember all of the curses…..and don’t think in our hearts that we will have “peace and safety” to speak evil against what we will hear. There is power of life and death in the tongue. The thought of perishing even quicker from this life frightens me. We should FEAR God and keep His commandments and LIVE.

Deuteronomy 28:20 KJV
(20) The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.

Our God is patient though…..not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:8-9 KJV
(8) But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
(9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Whosoever will believe in Him shall have this “eternal” life….a life that is filled to the fullest in quantity and quality.

Isaiah 65:20-24 KJV
(20) There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

No longer will covetous men sneak in and take things from us and rob us of the Life we are supposed to have.

(21) And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

For the days of a tree we shall be….and His elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands as we preach His Word to the rest of the world.

(22) They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
(23) They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
(24) And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

In us shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

Genesis 12:2-3 KJV
(2) And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
(3) And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

All those who will believe in Him shall not perish but will have the promised gift of an age-lasting life….a full life in all aspects. The early perishing of our mortal bodies shall cease as the power of His resurrection keeps us standing in the here and now….where we can be a blessing to others in and through Him. His Life is to be manifest in this mortal flesh for all to see. The invisible keeping of His commandments is made visible for all to see. The Word is made flesh and His Word...His Saying (have love for one another)....abides and keeps us abiding in the here and now if we abide in Him.

John 3:14-18 KJV
(14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
(15) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.....continued from previous post...

Through the Spirit, those who will believe in the Son will deaden the deeds of the body and LIVE. They will put out of their mouths all evil speaking , hypocrisies, guile, envies, malice, etc.

Romans 8:11-13 KJV

But those who will continue in their perishing will not believe in what they will hear. They will think that the preaching of the cross of Christ is foolishness. Christ did not render evil for evil. He suffered the cross without “sin”…without any evil coming out of his mouth. He is the example for us also…..we are to get rid of all the evil things that come out of our mouths. But this will seem like foolishness to those who love to debate their erroneous theologies and strike each other with their hateful words in their church gatherings.

1 Peter 2:21-25 KJV
(21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
(22) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
(23) Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
(24) Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

We are like sheep going astray…..but because of His mercy, we return unto the true Shepherd and Bishop of our souls. We shall LIVE life to the very fullest….an “age-lasting” life.

(25) For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

The preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who perish….for they will not believe that by having love for one another and withholding their tongues from speaking evil they shall be saved.

Our lives shall be preserved by the power of God in the here and now. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead shall liven and persevere (save) our mortal bodies in this life so that the life of Jesus can be manifested to all on the outside. We are to be His witnesses that keep His commandments….and what a great way to spread His Word as the physical proof to others will be in our continued lives that will not perish as others.

Christ did not revile when he was reviled and crucified. Instead, the unbelievers will rely upon their own “religious” wisdom of words as they speak evil of us and speak evil of the Way of Truth. What a shame to judge yourself unworthy of this promise….. “eternal life”.

1 Corinthians 1:17-19 KJV
(17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
(18) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(19) For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

They shall utterly perish in their own corruption….because they will have despised His government over them. The unbelievers will not withhold their tongues from evil but will instead speak against the Truth in ever greater wickedness.

2 Peter 2:10-14 KJV
(10) But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
(11) Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
(12) But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
(13) And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

And they will take others who are wavering in their faith of the Truth down with them.

(14) Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

Remember all of the curses…..and don’t think in our hearts that we will have “peace and safety” to speak evil against what we will hear. There is power of life and death in the tongue. The thought of perishing even quicker from this life frightens me. We should FEAR God and keep His commandments and LIVE.

Deuteronomy 28:20 KJV
(20) The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.

Our God is patient though…..not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:8-9 KJV
(8) But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
(9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Whosoever will believe in Him shall have this “eternal” life….a life that is filled to the fullest in quantity and quality.

Isaiah 65:20-24 KJV
(20) There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

No longer will covetous men sneak in and take things from us and rob us of the Life we are supposed to have.

(21) And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

For the days of a tree we shall be….and His elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands as we preach His Word to the rest of the world.

(22) They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
(23) They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
(24) And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

In us shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

Genesis 12:2-3 KJV
(2) And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
(3) And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

All those who will believe in Him shall not perish but will have the promised gift of an age-lasting life….a full life in all aspects. The early perishing of our mortal bodies shall cease as the power of His resurrection keeps us standing in the here and now….where we can be a blessing to others in and through Him. His Life is to be manifest in this mortal flesh for all to see. The invisible keeping of His commandments is made visible for all to see. The Word is made flesh and His Word...His Saying (have love for one another)....abides and keeps us abiding in the here and now if we abide in Him.

(14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

uhhhh, could you make your posts any longer?:confused:

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The wrath of God currently abides upon the whole world. We are all “perishing” away to the grave way too fast. As we walk down the street, we can see young people, middle aged, and old…..all stuck in the perishing away. The elderly are frail and often in poor health…the “perishing”.

We are all like the grass which grows up. In the morning of our current lives, we flourish and grow up. But in the evening, our lives are cut down and it withers away…..for we are all consumed by His anger and are troubled by His wrath. Our years may last 70 or 80…depending on its strength. But the strength of those years is only for labor and sorrow.

Psalms 90:5-12 KJV
(5) Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up.
(6) In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth.
(7) For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled.
(8) Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.
(9) For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.
(10) The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
(11) Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath.
(12) So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

By one man has this sort of life passed upon all. The world is ALREADY condemned. The wrath of God already abides upon all. The outward manifestation of His wrath is the perishing …. the fast aging of our mortal bodies.

But Jesus was sent for us to give us the true life we should have in the here and now. The current “perishing” process is arrested. He has come so that we might have a full and satisfying life in the here and now…to be “SAVED” from this current “perishing” life. He comes so that we might have life and have it more abundantly….in the here and now.

John 10:9-11 KJV
(9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
(10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
(11) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus showed us the Way into this life….the life for the here and now. He was crucified for our sins upon the cross. We also should die to the outer old man who hates and wars with his brothers and sisters. We are all of one blood and should have love for one another…..His commandment. We are to cease the evil that comes out of our mouths. For all who shall love life and want to see good days should eschew evil and pursue peace with all men. And that same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead shall liven our mortal bodies in the here and now. We shall not be “perishing” as the rest of the world who has no hope.

Whosoever shall believe in him shall not PERISH, but have age-lasting (“eternal”) life in the HERE AND NOW.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever shall believe in him should not PERISH, but have age-lasting life……a FULL life in the here and now.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved….saved from the current “perishing” of our sin-shortened lives.

Those who will not believe are condemned ALREADY. The world is already suffering the “perishing”. They just continue to perish away to the grave just like everyone.

In the day of judgment though, that “perishing” speeds up….for every idle word that will come out of our mouths shall be held accountable. Our Lord is long-suffering toward us though. Sometimes it is hard to believe…..but He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:9 KJV

Everyone is already “perishing”…..but faith in Jesus shall save us from the current perishing of our lives. But not every one will believe this…and they will continue to perish in their own corruption.

2 Corinthians 2:15-17 KJV
(15) For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
(16) To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

They will continue to corrupt the Word of God and continue their perishing.

(17) For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

The money will “perish” with those who love it…..who think that the gift of God can be purchased with money. They will perish together.

Acts 8:18-23 KJV
(18) And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
(19) Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
(20) But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
(21) Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
(22) Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
(23) For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

Those who will be alive and remain…not perishing….will look around eventually and ask “where is the wise?”……where is the scribe…where is the disputer of this world? They will have perished away because they had no faith in God and the message of His Son. Have love for one another.

1 Corinthians 1:18-21 KJV
(20) Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
(21) For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Son comes so that we might have the “life” in the here and now…..one that is completely full and without the pain and suffering of “perishing”. This life is in our “mortal” bodies in the here and now….as Jesus was raised to life also in his mortal flesh.

John 10:10 KJV
(10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Many abide in “death” in the here and now because of a lack of love for each other. We can be living but abiding in “death” because of the hate. The “death” is the “perishing”….living out our short lives with all the pain and misery that comes with age.

1 John 3:13-15 KJV
(13) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
(14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
(15) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

His people perish because of a lack of knowledge. They have forgotten the law of God: to have love for one another…and so they “perish” because of sin.

Hosea 4:6 KJV
(6) My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

The carnal mind is not subject to the law of God. It has forgotten the law of God.

Romans 8:6-8 KJV
(6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
(7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
(8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But the Son comes to give us His knowledge so that we may have “eternal” life….the age-lasting life in the here and now. He comes to “regenerate” us. He comes to give us the “promise” of “eternal life”….the fully satisfying life in the here and now in which we live out our days in happiness because of Him.

But some will ask : Where is the “promise” of his coming? Where is that “eternal life”…..for since the fathers fell asleep all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.

Jesus….the Word of God…. comes to give us the knowledge of this “eternal life” so that we may lay hold of it and not “perish” under the current abiding wrath of God that is upon the whole world which resides in wickedness.

2 Peter 3:1-9 KJV
(1) This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
(2) That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
(3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
(4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
(5) For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
(6) Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
(7) But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

We are all sinners. There is no one who is good. All have turned away. We have all been like sheep who have strayed away. Except we repent, we perish just like the rest of the world. No one is a greater sinner than another….for we all are sinners. We are no different than the “sinners” of the outside world (outside of the “church”).

Luke 13:2-5 KJV
(2) And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
(3) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
(4) Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
(5) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

If we say we have no sin, then the Truth is not in us.

1 John 1:8-10 KJV
(8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

(9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

He gives us the power to become the sons of God. Those who are led by the Spirit are the sons of God.

Romans 8:11-21 KJV

If we live after the flesh, we shall die. We shall perish. But through the Spirit, we can LIVE if we “mortify” the deeds of the body.

(15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
(16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

We shall suffer with him as others will persecute us for our faith in Him.

(17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

There is a glory that shall be REVEALED in us.

(18) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

The sons of God shall be manifested for all to see…..

(19) For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
(20) For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

The “creature” itself shall also be delivered from the bondage of decay, ruin, perishing into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

(21) Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Upvote 0

Wheeler

Oct 17, 2006
✟16,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Our whole spirit, soul and mortal body is to be preserved blameless. He will sanctify us wholly….including our mortal flesh in the here and now if we are led by the Spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 KJV
(23) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(24) Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Be not deceived…..God is not mocked….for whatsoever a man sows, that he shall also reap.

Galatians 6:7-9 KJV
(7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

He that will sow to the flesh (evil speaking of others, envies, hypocrisies, coveting, etc) shall reap corruption…..their mortal bodies shall perish even though their spirit may be saved. But those who sow after the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life “everlasting”….that is, the age –lasting life in the here and now.

(8) For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Let us not be weary in well doing….for in due season we shall reap that life in the here and now if we faint not.

(9) And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

We will not “perish” with the ravages of time….but ALL our days will be in strength…and not in pain, disease, and degeneration. Remember Moses. When he reached the end of his life at 120, his flesh was still strong and his eye was not dim. His “natural force” was not abated.

Deuteronomy 34:7 KJV
(7) And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

We are to fear God and keep His commandments….for this is the whole duty of man.

Remember NOW the Creator in the days of our youth……BEFORE the evil days come and the years draw near when we shall say “I have no pleasure in them”.

We can avoid those degenerative years before they come if we only will sow after the Spirit without end and not after the flesh. Let us not “perish” like the rest of the world does but have faith in Jesus. Let us preach that Word to others so that they may not also “perish”.

Ecclesiastes 12:1-8 KJV
(1) Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
(2) While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:
(3) In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
(4) And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
(5) Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
(6) Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
(7) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
(8) Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

When I was a kid, we would sometimes go to assisted living facilities. What I would see there would scare me....the old, the diseased, the perishing of people in the twilight of their days. These were people who were not in good shape. They were not happy but sad.

Ever wonder why bad things happen to good people? There are none that are good ….only our Father in heaven.

We are all still sinners by the very fact that we are currently degenerating toward the grave. We are “perishing” and not knowing why. We figured that it is “just life”. But He sent His Son into this world of evil…this world of perishing people…so that we may have the TRUE life and have it more abundantly in the here and now. We are to be “saved” from this awful perishing.

But here is the problem. The shepherds of the churches are not feeding the flock the Bread of Life. They are feeding themselves. They are teaching in covetousness and neglecting the Truth. His people are perishing because of a lack of knowledge.

Ezekiel 34:1-16 KJV
(1) And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
(2) Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
(3) Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.

The diseased among His people are not strengthened. Neither have they healed that which is sick…neither have they bound up that which was broken….neither have they brought again that which was driven away…..neither have they sought that which was lost. No one has “eternal life” as we see His people degenerate with age….they are perishing. But our God shall seek that which was lost.

(4) The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
(5) And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
(6) My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.
(7) Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
(8) As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;
(9) Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
(10) Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
(11) For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
(12) As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
(13) And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
(14) I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.
(15) I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.
(16) I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

Jesus healed people of the diseases in their flesh. We are His body…His flesh…upon this earth. He will heal us also if we have the faith…and DO what He says: have love for one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timbo3

Nov 4, 2006
East Texas
✟18,582.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married

The "tree of knowledge of good and bad" was a literal tree (as was the "tree of life") that Eve (who was real as was Adam) picked fruit from and ate and was not something that symbolized "good and evil", just as the "serpent" was literal, but was used like a ventriloquist does a puppet, by a wicked spirit who later came to be called Satan (meaning "resistor").

Jehovah God said to his "master worker" (Prov 8:30), who later came to be called Jesus Christ: "Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad, and now in order that he may not put his hand out and actually take [fruit] also from the tree of life and eat and live to time indefinite,—”(Gen 3:22)

That Adam was real, Jesus clearly confirmed, saying to the Pharisees: "Did you not read (read where ? at Genesis 2:24) that he who created ("created", Greek ktisas, meaning "to fabricate", Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, G2936) them from [the] beginning made ("made", Greek epoiesen, meaning "to make or do") them male (Adam) and female (Eve)."(Matt 19:4)

The isolation of Adam and Eve from God was their idea, not God's (Gen 3:6), for this did not help them "to progress", but caused them to eventually die because they became "sinners".("sin", Hebrew chat·ta’th´, Greek ha·mar·ti´a, meaning "to miss", as in shooting an arrow, missing the mark of perfect obedience to God)

Jehovah God had told Adam (and Adam told Eve): "From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction"(Gen 2:16), and had given them this divine mandate: "Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”(Gen 1:28)

Had Adam and Eve obeyed God's command regarding the "tree of knowledge of good and bad", with Eve rejecting Satan's seducement, then there would have been no "good and evil", for God would have of dealt with this one rogue angel.

By means of the "tree of knowledge of good and bad", Jehovah God began to establish the moral boundaries for his creation, of what is right and wrong. Thus, God is is not the one who "created it all - good and evil", but rather the first rogue angel who came to be called Satan, seducing Eve, for the apostle Paul wrote: "Adam was not deceived, but the woman was thoroughly deceived (by Satan) and came to be in transgression."(1 Tim 2:14)

God has purposed to have a paradise earth (Luke 23:43) in which there will be no evil anywhere, in fact, no place in the universe. Jesus said in the "Our Father prayer": "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."(Matt 6:9, 10, King James Bible)

Is there evil in heaven ? No, for the instigator of rebellion, Satan (and his angelic demons) have been cast out (Rev 12:9), down to the earth (bringing great woes, and his "evilness" to the earth, Rev 12:12) Hence, God's will will be "done in earth, as it is in heaven", whereby "the abundance of peace" will exist forever for "meek" ones (Matt 5:5; Ps 37:11, 29) whereas "wicked ones" will be permanently removed.(Prov 2:21, 22)

Upvote 0

WillieH

Mar 1, 2006
Spokane, WA
✟838.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Is there evil in heaven ? No, for the instigator of rebellion, Satan (and his angelic demons) have been cast out (Rev 12:9), down to the earth (bringing great woes, and his "evilness" to the earth, Rev 12:12)

FIRST -- there is NO SCRIPTURE which says that "satan" -- "instigated a REBELLION" -- and btw... the verse you quote above, ...does NOT say that "satan was cast DOWN to the earth" ...it says "satan was cast INTO the earth"...

Adversity is found in ALL MEN, who's hearts are DESPARATELY WICKED (and "EARTHY" by nature) -- Jer 17:9 -- 1 Cor 15:47-49

SECOND -- You speak LITERALLY of SYMBOLIC text... There is no being called "satan", and no Scripture which describes "satan" as a "being". Nor are there "demons" that are under "satan's" direction...

"satan" is the PRINCIPALITY of EVIL which is the adversity we face as human beings, ...and is the ADVERSARY of GOOD.

JESUS clearly addressed PETER as "satan"... was JESUS identifying the CENTRAL and "MOST" EVIL "BEING"? Of course not! He described the words of PETER as that which was ADVERSE to His mission:

Matt 16:23 -- But He turned, and said UNTO PETER --Get thee behind me, satan, THOU art an OFFENSE unto Me, for THOU "savorest NOT" the things that be of GOD, but those that be of MEN.

According to Scripture the Apostle PETER is the only one EVER named "satan"... think about it.

timbo3 said:
Hence, God's will will be "done in earth, as it is in heaven", whereby "the abundance of peace" will exist forever for "meek" ones (Matt 5:5; Ps 37:11, 29)

Which of course, includes you, eh Timbo? ^_^ Is it an act of "MEEKNESS" to pronouce ETERNAL torment upon another person?

That is the MOST AGGRESSIVELY NEGATIVE proposal in existence!

Certainly NOT "peaceful"... What PEACE and LOVE are found in the (supposed) existence of HELL, Timbo? well, of course NONE! Yet you name GOD as its author?

Time to RE-THINK your vision of LOVE and PEACE, both of which are GOD -- Rom 15:33 -- 1 John 4:8

timbo3 said:
whereas "wicked ones" will be permanently removed.(Prov 2:21, 22)

This verse hardly supports your position, bro...

ALL men are "wicked" and possess hearts which are DESPARATELY WICKED! -- Jer 17:9

We REAP what we sow... GOD loves ALL MEN -- John 3:16-17 -- and SENT CHRIST to save ALL (the WORLD He UNCHANGINGLY LOVES)... so some like YOU deduce yourself as other than "wicked", and pronounce others as "wicked"? POT calling the kettle BLACK.

The WORD clearly notes that in whatsoever capacity the WORD of YHVH is SENT, ...it SHALL ACCOMPLISH! -- Isaiah 55:11 -- regardless of YOU and your finite observations and words...

CHRIST was SENT to SAVE the WORLD, and indeed ...THAT... is what shall occur in the final result.

Instead of your short-sighted view which sees yourself as "meek and saved" and others which are of the WORLD that GOD so UNCHANGINGLY LOVES (while, according to YOU), lie just beyond GOD's reach to save!

To which I quote:

Isaiah 59:1 -- Behold, YHVH's hand IS NOT SHORTENED, that it CANNOT SAVE, neither is His ear heavy, that it CANNOT HEAR.

Isaiah 50:2 -- Wherefore, when I came was there no man? when I called was there none to answer? Is MY HAND shortened at all that it cannot REDEEM? ...

Prov 21:1 -- The KING's HEART is in the hand of YHVH, as the RIVERS of water, ...HE turneth it withersoever HE WILL...

Prov 20:24 -- Man's GOINGS are of YHVH; how can a man then UNDERSTAND HIS OWN WAY?

Jer 10:23 -- O YHVH, I know the WAY of MAN is NOT IN HIMSELF; it is NOT IN MAN that walketh to DIRECT HIS STEPS...

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE the POWER of GOD to SAVE... :idea: ...And in doing so, ...OVERESTIMATE the validity of your own finite vision of Him.

PEACE... :groupray: ...willieH

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Men are as trees. A healing tongue is a Tree of life to its hearers.

Proverbs 15:4 A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

The Tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the mouth that blesses God but curses other men who are made after the image of God.

James 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Those who have knowledge of the good are to not partake of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil – the blessing of God and the cursing of men out of the same mouth.

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Either make the “tree” good and his fruit good (speech) or else make the “tree” rotten and the speech thereof rotten for one can not partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and expect to “live” – to continue blessing God and cursing men with the same mouth.

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

“Vipers” of snakes have forked tongues….not a coincidence. The Pharisess honored God with their lips yet their hearts were far from Him. They spoke evil against Jesus…against the Word of Truth.

(34) O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
(35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Use the mouth as a Tree of life – a healing tongue and not let rotten communication proceed out of our mouths as the Pharisees did. Those who have this knowledge are to put away from the mouth all of the bitterness, wrath, anger, and evil speaking. One can not partake of that fruit and expect to “live”.

Ephesians 4:
(29) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
(30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
(31) Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
(32) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

For the tree and its fruit shall be made utterly rotten as a result of partaking of this kind of “fruit”:

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
(29) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
(30) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
(31) Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

How do we know the judgment of God for those who do these things? From the very beginning was this made known to Adam and Eve.

(32) Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The judgment for eating of the “tree of the knowledge of good and evil” is “death” – being given over to a reprobate mind and a corresponding mouth that is to filled full of unrighteousness. The “tree” and its “fruit” will be made “corrupt” as a judgment so that the knowledge of the good will be removed out of one’s heart.

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
(17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Of every” tree of the garden” we may freely eat. A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his own mouth. With the increase of his lips shall he be filled.

Proverbs 18:20-21 KJV
(20) A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

(21) Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

There is no law against the eating of the fruit of the trees of the garden…..the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, faith….

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

We cannot live with a double tongue….one which blesses God and curses men…and expect to live. One cannot sew “fig leaves together” and hide ourselves. The “fig leaves” are teachings. One cannot teach “peace and safety” while being double-tongued.

Genesis 3:7 KJV
(7) And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

For those who hide behind “peace and safety” while cursing men….shall know neither. Sudden destruction will come upon them as travail upon a woman with child.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 KJV
(3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Genesis 3:16 KJV
(16) Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

What is really being said here? The “children” are the birthed words that are conceived in the evil heart. Those who will bring to birth the evil things out of his own mouth shall have their sorrow greatly multiplied….for by our words shall we be condemned in the day of judgment.

Matthew 12:35-37 KJV
(35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
(36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

The end result: our desire shall be for the Lord (the Husband) who can heal the sorrowful things that will come upon those who will live like this. Every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess. Some will have to be humbled the hard way.

Jeremiah 3:20-22 KJV
(20) Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD.
(21) A voice was heard upon the high places, weeping and supplications of the children of Israel: for they have perverted their way, and they have forgotten the LORD their God.
(22) Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God.
Yeah, it's a literal tree.

Upvote 0

Comprehender

Mar 29, 2012
✟8,006.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "tree of knowledge of good and bad" was a literal tree (as was the "tree of life") that Eve (who was real as was Adam) picked fruit from and ate and was not something that symbolized "good and evil", just as the "serpent" was literal, but was used like a ventriloquist does a puppet, by a wicked spirit who later came to be called Satan (meaning "resistor").

If the bible were intended to be a history book, it would be taught in history, not religion.
The bible is a spiritual book - full of symbolic parables, like the "wicked spirit" symbolized as the "serpent."

Jesus taught with parables - so each could understand according to their unique understanding...
"Without a parable spake he not unto them."
When we were children, we think concretely - everything is "literal."
But as we grow up, we "put off childish things" & realize deeper meanings.

Upvote 0

Comprehender

Mar 29, 2012
✟8,006.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't believe the lie! We walk by faith not by sight.

Exactly!
Even as I type this, I must first BELIEVE in my ability to, & that somehow it will be transmitted to those interested.
Faith goes along with love...
Love is hoping and striving for what is best through trial & error (active faith).

Upvote 0