Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The title of this forum will be changed to General Hobbies and Crafts in order to make it clearer what type of threads this forum was intended for. The Statement of Purpose is here:

Statement of Purpose for General Hobbies and Crafts

The General Hobbies and Crafts forum is for member to share their hobby or craft interests, such as collecting, scrapbooking, painting, floral design, motorcycles, fishing, beekeeping, etc.
News, current events, and social issues are not hobbies and have their own section, such as here.​

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if I'm into making stained glass windows using glass cutters and soldering irons, that would be the place to go and talk about it... Cool!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about animal news? Outdoors, decorating? Cooking? So interests and inspiration which are a big part of hobbies can no longer be posted here?

Edited: Never-mind. I got confused. Not unusual. Lol! No problem. :thumbsup: {This forum} not the other sub forums. Ignore. ;)

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The title of this forum will be changed to General Hobbies and Crafts in order to make it clearer what type of threads this forum was intended for. The Statement of Purpose is here:

Statement of Purpose for General Hobbies and Crafts

The General Hobbies and Crafts forum is for member to share their hobby or craft interests, such as collecting, scrapbooking, painting, floral design, motorcycles, fishing, beekeeping, etc.
News, current events, and social issues are not hobbies and have their own section, such as here.​
I used to collect rocks and minerals. I had some geology courses in college. I joined a mineral collecting Facebook group specializing in Southeastern United States mineral collecting sites. I soon became bored and left due to the high volume of posts in my newsfeed. I joined Bible Archaeology groups in Facebook. That is a hobby of mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to collect rocks and minerals. I had some geology courses in college. I joined a mineral collecting Facebook group specializing in South Eastern United States mineral collecting sites. I soon became bored and left due to the high volume of posts in my newsfeed. I joined Bible Archaeology groups in Facebook. That is a hobby of mine.
Interesting. I’ve collected since I was a kid. :thumbsup: Take some pics. :)

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What about animal news? Outdoors, decorating? Cooking? So interests and inspiration which are a big part of hobbies can no longer be posted here?
There is a cooking forum. See if what you want to talk about fits elsewhere. The intent for this forum was to discuss the hobbies themselves.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a cooking forum. See if what you want to talk about fits elsewhere. The intent for this forum was to discuss the hobbies themselves.
Yeah I know. See my second post. :thumbsup:

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. I’ve collected since I was a kid. :thumbsup: Take some pics. :)
These are from more than forty years of rock collecting. I bought most of them. I stopped collecting as I realized mineralogy is not what I want to do most of the time.
upload_2021-5-7_20-59-2.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These are from more than forty years of rock collecting. I bought most of them. I stopped collecting as I realized mineralogy is not what I want to do most of the time.
View attachment 298688
Nice! I will take a few pics of my specimens. I bought some too but many are found as well. My latest obsession is pudding stones. :)

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I used to collect rocks and minerals. I had some geology courses in college. I joined a mineral collecting Facebook group specializing in Southeastern United States mineral collecting sites. I soon became bored and left due to the high volume of posts in my newsfeed. I joined Bible Archaeology groups in Facebook. That is a hobby of mine.
Bible archaeology sounds really interesting, especially as I have been to Israel a few times.

My craft interest is knitting, being the only craft I am good at, although I do have a yearning to weave, just to make up for not being good at it in school lol. My hobby interest is stamp collecting.

Gillian

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bible archaeology sounds really interesting, especially as I have been to Israel a few times.

My craft interest is knitting, being the only craft I am good at, although I do have a yearning to weave, just to make up for not being good at it in school lol. My hobby interest is stamp collecting.

Gillian
Israel has archaeology parks. I have seen Capernaum, Magdala, Tiberias, Nazareth, Caesarea Philippi, Jerusalem, Qumran, Lachish, Megiddo etc.

My grandmother collected silver coins. They increased in value through the years.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've also seen Capernaum, Caeserea Philippi and Jerusalem. When you mention Nazareth, are you referring to the living history museum? It's fascinating. Surprisingly, I haven't seen the one in Tiberias as we have stayed there each time we have been to Israel in recent years.

My husband has some original shekels - not sure where he got them.

Unfortunately we may not go back to Israel as my husband had a stroke last July and now has aphasia as a result.

You've brought back some happy memories.

Gillian

Upvote 0