✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A couple thoughts:

KJV Dictionary Definition - GRIEVE: To offend, make sorrowful, displease. We wouldn't throw our family or friends into hell's eternal flames because they have disappointed us.

Strange verse to cite, for a promoter of the doom & gloom doctrine that a Christian can lose their salvation. The verse clearly say's the Holy Spirit-IN-you (Also see Col 1:27, 1 Cor 6:19, 2 Cor 5:5) is God's SEAL/MARK/BRAND that you FOREVER belong to HIM. (Also see Jn 14.16, Eph 1:13, 2 Cor 1:22)

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [but seek to please Him], by whom you were sealed and marked [branded as God’s own] for the day of redemption [the final deliverance from the consequences of sin]

Thought 2: gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble:

Col 1:10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
(NOTE: When you stand before the judgment seat of Christ (2 Cor 5:10) Every good work you did in Christ's name, will receive a reward. Even a cold drink of water (Matt 10:42)

1 Cor 3:
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: If Christ' is your foundation)

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
(MY NOTE: Gold & silver = Good works done in Christ's name. Hay, wood & stubble = no works, selfish works, even bad works)

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
(MY NOTE: Every work good & bad will be tested)

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
(MY NOTE: Good works done in Christ's name will receive a reward. Even a drink of water given in His name. (Mk 9:41) will earn a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
(MY NOTE: Hay, wood & stubble deeds will burn-up bringing, shame & maybe loss = """OF REWARDS""" not SALVATION)

Rereading verse 15: He "Will SUFFER LOSS", though he "HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED"

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Thought 3:
OSAS doesn't mean sin can't have a consequence.

Consequence from sinning post-conversion/salvation. Could manifest in many different ways. A health issue, a broken relationship, prison, disease, a strain in our relationship with the Lord, lost heavenly rewards earned etc. NOT the LOSS of believers SALVATION!

Final thought:
I still maintain there is only 1 unforgivable (soul losing) sin = No FAITH/Rejecting Christ's sin atoning sacrifice (offered to every post resurrection human (John 12:32) & resurrection until life's end. Everybody will be given the chance to embrace His sin atoning payment. Peace, JJ
What are your thoughts on James 5:19-20?

“My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.”
‭‭James‬ ‭5‬:‭19‬-‭20‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
KJV Dictionary Definition - GRIEVE: To offend, make sorrowful, displease. We wouldn't throw our family or friends into hell's eternal flames because they have disappointed us.
Would we throw someone into hell’s eternal flames becoming they refused to believe in us? Just because we might not do something doesn’t mean that God won’t. We can’t place human reason over the word of God, that’s how heresies are born. It’s exactly this kind of human reasoning that spawns doctrines like universal reconciliation.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Strange verse to cite, for a promoter of the doom & gloom doctrine that a Christian can lose their salvation.
I’m not a promoter of doom and gloom I’m simply preaching what has been taught in the churches established by the apostles since the beginning. You have absolutely ZERO evidence to support your interpretation of the scriptures whereas my interpretation has written evidence to support it going all the way back to the very first century and every century afterwards. Your theology didn’t exist before the 16th century and has been refuted by every single church established by the apostles. Apparently the One you’re accusing of “promoting doom & gloom” is God Himself, because that’s exact who you would be accusing if your theology is wrong. Yes I accused you of cherry picking because you run from the verses I provide to support my position. You refuse to discuss them because they prove you are wrong and you just refuse to admit that. That my friend is called cherry picking. You pick and choose certain verses that appear to support your theology but refuse to address the verses that your theology contradicts. If your theology cannot stand up to the test of ALL SCRIPTURE then it is false. That’s precisely why I was able to directly address and explain EVERY SINGLE VERSE YOU HAVE PROVIDED and you refuse to address any of the verses I provided. Someone fed you the same lie I was fed years ago and you haven’t done enough study to see thru it yet. When you stop ignoring certain scriptures and set aside your theology and allow the scriptures to do the teaching then you’ll be able to see the truth but until then your just blind because you don’t have ears to hear.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [but seek to please Him], by whom you were sealed and marked [branded as God’s own] for the day of redemption [the final deliverance from the consequences of sin]
Prime example of cherry picking. Read the surrounding context of that verse.

“So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart; and they, having become callous, have given themselves over to sensuality for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness. But you did not learn Christ in this way, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth. Therefore, laying aside falsehood, speak truth each one of you with his neighbor, for we are members of one another. Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity. He who steals must steal no longer; but rather he must labor, performing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have something to share with one who has need. Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭17‬-‭32‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of
disobedience.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

This is exactly what I’m talking about. You cherry picked Ephesians 4:30 and completely ignore the surrounding context.

Look at the warning here

But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting

Why must immorality and impurity not be named among them?

For (BECAUSE) this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Do the words “no immoral or impure person” exclude believers? No it doesn’t that’s why he is telling this to believers who are sealed with the Holy Spirit and warning them not to grieve the Holy Spirit.

I’ve already explained this to you before and you still keep posting Ephesians 4:30 ignoring everything surrounding the verse. Hence the accusation of cherry picking.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thought 2: gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble:
Now you’re quoting 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 out of context. This only pertains to those who are “building on the foundation of Christ” this doesn’t pertain to people who have fallen away and it’s the works that are tested by fire not the believer. This is about the works believers do and the rewards they will receive according to whether or not their works were of any value or benefit.

“According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work. If any man’s work which he has built on it (the work built on the foundation of Christ) remains, he will receive a reward. (Rewards we receive in heaven according to our deeds) If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; (will not receive said rewards) but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭10‬-‭15‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

This has absolutely nothing to do with eternal security.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
(MY NOTE: Gold & silver = Good works done in Christ's name. Hay, wood & stubble = no works, selfish works, even bad works)
No works is not building on the foundation of Christ at all. Selfish works are not building on the foundation of Christ. And bad works are also not building on the foundation of Christ. All three of these examples are examples of grieving the Holy Spirit. A person cannot build upon the foundation of Christ by grieving the Holy Spirit. The wood, hay, and stubble refer to failed attempts of building on the foundation of Christ. Maybe a person tried to plant a church but failed. Maybe they tried to evangelize to someone and failed. These are examples of building on the foundation of Christ because they are working in cooperation with the Holy Spirit not working against Him.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No works is not building on the foundation of Christ at all. Selfish works are not building on the foundation of Christ. And bad works are also not building on the foundation of Christ. All three of these examples are examples of grieving the Holy Spirit. A person cannot build upon the foundation of Christ by grieving the Holy Spirit. The wood, hay, and stubble refer to failed attempts of building on the foundation of Christ. Maybe a person tried to plant a church but failed. Maybe they tried to evangelize to someone and failed. These are examples of building on the foundation of Christ because they are working in cooperation with the Holy Spirit not working against Him.
Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: definition - Seal
English "seal" = Greek "sphragizo" context as a verb - Strongs ref #4972
(d) ownership and security, three indications are conveyed in Ephesians 1:13 , in the metaphor of the "sealing" of believers by the gift of the Holy Spirit, upon believing (i.e., at the time of their regeneration, not after a lapse of time in their spiritual life, "having also believed," "after that ye believed;" the aorist (TENSE) participle marks the definiteness and completeness of the act of faith); the idea of destination is stressed by the phrase "the Holy Spirit of promise" (see also Ephesians 1:14 ); so Ephesians 4:30 , "ye were sealed unto the day of redemption;"

(MY NOTE: Below are the Vine's translators verses (I didn't cherry pick them & I used the Bible version you prefer). They define SEAL/SEALING (Eph 1:13) as: "ownership & security" The GIFT of the Holy Spirit given upon/at the moment the person BELIEVED in Jesus finished work. They add: This SEAL (context > aorist TENSE participle) marks the definiteness & completeness of the act of faith.

They define SEALED (Eph 1:14, 4:30) as: The idea of destination is stressed by the phrase "the Holy Spirit of promise" whereby, "ye were sealed unto the day of redemption!

Eph 1:
13 In [q]Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also [r]believed, you were sealed in [s]Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

14 who is [t]given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.

Eph 4:30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, [w]by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words - [ 1,,G728, arrabon ] (Noun) EARNEST:
originally, earnest-money" deposited by the purchaser and forfeited if the purchase was not completed, was probably a Phoenician word, introduced into Greece. In general usage it came to denote "a pledge" or "earnest" of any sort; in the NT it is used only of that which is assured by God to believers; it is said of the Holy Spirit as the Divine "pledge" of all their future blessedness, 2 Corinthians 1:22; 2 Corinthians 5:5; in Ephesians 1:14, particularly of their eternal inheritance.

(MY NOTE: Below are the Vine's translators verses (I didn't cherry pick them. I'll use 1611 King James Version. You keep talking about a time closer to the events being discussed) The EARNEST denotes "a pledge". The giving of the Holy Spirit as the Divine "pledge". An assurance/guarantee given by God, of all their future blessedness.

2 Cor 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2 Cor 5:5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

BNR32FAN, You're free to preach the meaning of these words & verses, as you choose. I read them as: Christ's Holy Spirit, given to every believer at the moment of conversion. Is God's proof/guarantee of ownership & security. Christ's pledge/promise (He's completely trust worthy & proved it on the cross) that believers are a purchased (with His perpetually cleansing God blood sacrifice) possession & have been given ETERNAL LIFE. If one can loose this GIFT, then it isn't ETERNAL. JJ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(d) ownership and security, three indications are conveyed in Ephesians 1:13 , in the metaphor of the "sealing" of believers by the gift of the Holy Spirit, upon believing (i.e., at the time of their regeneration, not after a lapse of time in their spiritual life, "having also believed," "after that ye believed;" the aorist (TENSE) participle marks the definiteness and completeness of the act of faith); the idea of destination is stressed by the phrase "the Holy Spirit of promise" (see also Ephesians 1:14 ); so Ephesians 4:30 , "ye were sealed unto the day of redemption;"
I’m not really interested in how a 20th century protestant prefers to define the word, the scriptures prove that isn’t the only definition because in neither of these two verses is it being used in that manner.

“He who has received His testimony has set his seal to this, that God is true.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3‬:‭33‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Therefore, when I have finished this, and have put my seal on this fruit of theirs, I will go on by way of you to Spain.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15‬:‭28‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

If William Vines definition were true in this case then John 15:6 and Galatians 5:4 would be an impossibility.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

(MY NOTE: Below are the Vine's translators verses (I didn't cherry pick them & I used the Bible version you prefer). They define SEAL/SEALING (Eph 1:13) as: "ownership & security" The GIFT of the Holy Spirit given upon/at the moment the person BELIEVED in Jesus finished work. They add: This SEAL (context > aorist TENSE participle) marks the definiteness & completeness of the act of faith.

They define SEALED (Eph 1:14, 4:30) as: The idea of destination is stressed by the phrase "the Holy Spirit of promise" whereby, "ye were sealed unto the day of redemption!

Eph 1:
13 In [q]Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also [r]believed, you were sealed in [s]Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

14 who is [t]given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.

Eph 4:30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, [w]by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words - [ 1,,G728, arrabon ] (Noun) EARNEST:
originally, earnest-money" deposited by the purchaser and forfeited if the purchase was not completed, was probably a Phoenician word, introduced into Greece. In general usage it came to denote "a pledge" or "earnest" of any sort; in the NT it is used only of that which is assured by God to believers; it is said of the Holy Spirit as the Divine "pledge" of all their future blessedness, 2 Corinthians 1:22; 2 Corinthians 5:5; in Ephesians 1:14, particularly of their eternal inheritance.

(MY NOTE: Below are the Vine's translators verses (I didn't cherry pick them. I'll use 1611 King James Version. You keep talking about a time closer to the events being discussed) The EARNEST denotes "a pledge". The giving of the Holy Spirit as the Divine "pledge". An assurance/guarantee given by God, of all their future blessedness.

2 Cor 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2 Cor 5:5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

BNR32FAN, You're free to preach the meaning of these words & verses, as you choose. I read them as: Christ's Holy Spirit, given to every believer at the moment of conversion. Is God's proof/guarantee of ownership & security. Christ's pledge/promise (He's completely trust worthy & proved it on the cross) that believers are a purchased (with His perpetually cleansing God blood sacrifice) possession & have been given ETERNAL LIFE. If one can loose this GIFT, then it isn't ETERNAL. JJ
Will you please give your interpretation of James 5:19-20?

“My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.”

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What are your thoughts on James 5:19-20?

KJV Dictionary Definition: SALVA'TION, n.

1. The act of saving; preservation from destruction

2. Appropriately in theology, the redemption of man from the bondage of sin and liability to eternal death, and the conferring on him everlasting happiness. This is the great salvation.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words - [ A-1,Noun,G4991, soteria ] - Salvation:
(b) of the spiritual and eternal deliverance granted immediately by God to those who accept His condition of faith in the Lord Jesus, in whom alone it is to be obtained, Acts 4:12, and upon confession of Him as Lord, Romans 10:10; for this purpose the gospel is the saving instrument, Romans 1:16; Ephesians 1:13

(MY NOTE: King James bible dictionary defines salvation as: The act of saving; preservation from destruction, redemption of man from the bondage of sin & liability to eternal death, conferring onto the believer EVERLASTING happiness

(MY NOTE: Vine's bible dictionary defines salvation as: spiritual & ETERNAL DELIVERANCE granted IMMEDIATELY by God. Accepted on the condition of faith in the Lord Jesus.

Corresponding verses Vine's listed:

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among people by which we must be saved [for God has provided the world no alternative for salvation].”

Romans 10:10 For with the heart a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous—being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation
(MY NOTE: Salvation CONFIRMED thru FAITH ALONE. Rereading Vines salvation definition above: spiritual & ETERNAL DELIVERANCE granted IMMEDIATELY by God!)

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation [from His wrath and punishment] to everyone who believes [in Christ as Savior], to the Jew first and also to the Greek

Ephesians 1:13 In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God]
(MY NOTE: When you BELIEVED in Christ. He IMMEDIATELY baptized/stamped you with His Holy Spirit. His ETERNAL PROMISE of PROTECTION!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

2. Appropriately in theology, the redemption of man from the bondage of sin and liability to eternal death, and the conferring on him everlasting happiness. This is the great salvation.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words - [ A-1,Noun,G4991, soteria ] - Salvation:
(b) of the spiritual and eternal deliverance granted immediately by God to those who accept His condition of faith in the Lord Jesus, in whom alone it is to be obtained, Acts 4:12, and upon confession of Him as Lord, Romans 10:10; for this purpose the gospel is the saving instrument, Romans 1:16; Ephesians 1:13

(MY NOTE: King James bible dictionary defines salvation as: The act of saving; preservation from destruction, redemption of man from the bondage of sin & liability to eternal death, conferring onto the believer EVERLASTING happiness

(MY NOTE: Vine's bible dictionary defines salvation as: spiritual & ETERNAL DELIVERANCE granted IMMEDIATELY by God. Accepted on the condition of faith in the Lord Jesus.

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among people by which we must be saved [for God has provided the world no alternative for salvation].”

Romans 10:10 For with the heart a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous—being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation
(MY NOTE: Salvation CONFIRMED thru FAITH ALONE. Rereading Vines salvation definition above: spiritual & ETERNAL DELIVERANCE granted IMMEDIATELY by God!)

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation [from His wrath and punishment] to everyone who believes [in Christ as Savior], to the Jew first and also to the Greek

Ephesians 1:13 In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God]
(MY NOTE: When you BELIEVED in Christ. He IMMEDIATELY baptized/stamped you with His Holy Spirit. His ETERNAL PROMISE of PROTECTION!
Here’s Strong’s concordance definition

1. deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
a. deliverance from the molestation of enemies
b. in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the souls safety or salvation
1. of Messianic salvation
2. salvation as the present possession of all true Christians
3. future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You still refuse to comment on what James wrote in James 5:19-20. Do you place more confidence in 20th century scholars than an apostle of Jesus Christ? Because the definitions you’re posting here are contradictory to what James wrote.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

1. deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
a. deliverance from the molestation of enemies
b. in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the souls safety or salvation
3. future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.
did u read 2?
2. salvation as the present possession of all true Christians.

Strong’s concordance definition is antithetical to your repeated position!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
did u read 2?
2. salvation as the present possession of all true Christians.

Strong’s concordance definition is antithetical to your repeated position!
Present condition does not include future condition. Just because a person is saved today doesn’t mean they’ll be saved tomorrow. Are you going to address James 5 or not?

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Present condition does not include future condition. Just because a person is saved today doesn’t mean they’ll be saved tomorrow. Are you going to address James 5 or not?
Vines Dictionary Defination - Salvation:

Of the spiritual & "eternal deliverance granted immediately" by God to those who place their & faith in the Lord Jesus, in whom alone it is to be obtained, Acts 4:12, & upon confession of Him as Lord, Rom 10:10; Rom. 1:16; Eph. 1:13

(MY NOTE: Vines dictionary definition of salvation: "spiritual & eternal deliverance" "granted immediately by God" to those who place their "faith in the Lord Jesus" "in whom alone it is to be obtained" "upon confession of Him as Lord" "and belief in his resurrection"

Find here the 4 verses Vine's cites:

Acts 4:12: And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among people by which we must be saved [for God has provided the world no alternative for salvation].”

Rom 1:16: I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation [from His wrath and punishment] to everyone who believes [in Christ as Savior], to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Rom 10:10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; & with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Eph 1:13 In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God].

14 The Spirit is the [e]guarantee [the first installment, the pledge, a foretaste] of our inheritance until the redemption of God’s own [purchased] possession [His believers], to the praise of His glory.
(MY NOTE: The moment Christ baptizes the believer with His Holy Spirit. The believer is immediately & forever saved, forgiven, reconciled, protected & guaranteed eternal life!)

BTW: Eph 1:13-14 Say's EXACTLY what the Strong's definition you brought to the thread say's:

(MY NOTE: True Christians PRESENTLY POSSES salvation. The giving of the Holy Sprit to every believer is Christ's the guarantee, first installment, the pledge, a foretaste. Given until the redemption of God’s own purchased possession His believers.

(MY NOTE: At the return of Christ from heaven is when the finished product is realized. When the corruptible (fleshly body) shall have put on incorruption the eternal spiritual body)

1Cor 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums