• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The time to quit!

eckhart

Aug 16, 2012
✟863.00
Faith
Non-Denom
@ eckhart: Psssst! You didnt give up and start smoking again did you ma'am? :scratch:

@ Allan: Hey sir, how are you doing? How many cigarettes are you down to?

Maltesecorsair, yes, I did smoke, brought another packet but that was the longest time I have quit.
PS: Allan - how are you going?

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2012
✟8,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
@ eckhart: Ma'am, how many days did you stay away from ciggies? I am sure you can do a lot better, 'cause you sound like a lady with so much will power! I pray you can do way better! I dont really know how to encourage people who are quitting cigarettes, but ma'am, know that you are being a role model for someone- me! Let us try together to kick the ciggy habit, shall we?

@ Allan: Yooohoo! Where are you sir?

Upvote 0

Sekgsk

Apr 16, 2012
✟15,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh my gosh! Where did you guys go! Matt, Allen, how are both of you doing? I am quiting soon. planing my date for as soon as this pack is gone. I got onto this forum and got hooked on your long post and then Poof!!! It was just done! Where did you guys go?

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2012
✟8,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Ma'am!!!:wave:

I tried to quit with Allan, but somewhere along the way I started going downhill and now I smoke about 20 cigs a day. I wonder where Allan is, and how he's doing. I am still dreaming about quitting, but I think I need a sort of quitting partner who can kick my behind when I start thinking "ooh I'll buy a pack today and will start quitting tomorrow." I'd love to know how you are doing ma'am. Are you trying to quit completely on a particular day or are you trying to reduce the number of smokes gradually ma'am? I hope I am not taking too much of a liberty by saying perhaps we could have a 'quit smoking' competition of sorts ma'am? Sort of a friendly rivalry?

Upvote 0

Sekgsk

Apr 16, 2012
✟15,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Matt!
Hon, I wish we could do this together, but today is my 2 week quit anniversary.
I have been trying for months to quit before this time but I finally did do it. How??? I asked God to take it from me. I gave my habbit to him and prayed for him to take the desire away from me. I planned my quit date and asked God to help me stick to it. So far so good! Now this is my 5th time quiting, and it was never easy. I have quit several different ways over the years, and none of them were easy.
Here is something that may help you to quit Matt. Believe. Believe that you do not smoke. See yourself as a non smoker, and tell yourself that you do not smoke, even as you are lighting a cigarette. We are what we believe. I believe that if you ask God to take this from you, and mean it, that he will. God tells us all the time to believe. This will take some time, a few months or so of telling yourself that you do not smoke, and remind yourself how gross and nasty it is all the time too, or what ever is your reason for quiting.
By the way Matt, I know when you started this you were smoking 50 cigs a day, so congrats to the 20 you are down to now!

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2012
✟8,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings ma'am! :)
My apologies for again being late with a reply. Wheee so you are really kicking the nicotine monster's behind!! Yay! Thats really inspiring to hear ma'am. Hmmm yes, you are right, to get rid of this smoking habit I do need God's help. I will indeed take your advice and tell myself that I dont like smoking, that I am not a smoker. I guess it is going to take me some time to quit completely. I hope the good Lord will help me like He helped you ma'am. Do post about how it is going with you ma'am, I am sure it would help myself and others who are trying to battle the same enemy. You are still keeping up the fight arent you ma'am? *Fervently prays that you get the will power to say 'shoooo' to ciggies even when the craving gets really tough to bear.* Do you have any nicotine chewing gums or something to aid you ma'am? I for some reason am getting this feeling that you are a very tough lady, so I am sure you will get rid of this habit for sure. Thank you for being a role model for us weaker willed ones.:)

Upvote 0

Sekgsk

Apr 16, 2012
✟15,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matt, I am not that strong willed, believe me! God has removed the desire and that has made it way easier. The lord will give you what ever you ask for if you believe and it's his will. I guarantee its the Lord's will for you to throw those death sticks away and be free from them. Telling yourself that you don't smoke is nothing more then agreeing with God, he already knows you are a non smoker! I have faith enough for both of us that with God you can do this!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 1, 2012
✟8,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
@ Sekgsk: Sorry for the delay in posting ma'am, its just that I seem to be unable to reduce my smokes per day. I feel really ashamed of myself. I will keep trying though ma'am, please keep posting your progress with the nicotine monster. :)

@ notforgotten: I guess you are right sir, it must be that my flesh is weaker to temptation than most people's as I seem to be having a hard time trying to quit smoking. Thank you sir, for posting in the thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums