Visit site
✟36,397.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Has it ever occurred to you that Paul quoted it differently because there is a change in the covenant? You cannot apply what Moses said without understanding that he was talking to Israel, God's Chosen people at that time, not to the world at large.

Even Paul was not talking to the world at large, but teaching those who were already saved. And it is a fact that unless the Holy Spirit FIRST does a work in the listener's heart (regeneration) that man will choose to reject the Gospel. Every time.

You've got your knickers in a knot over something that you are wrongly blaming on Calvinists, when your real problem is with God. We are charged to preach the Gospel indiscriminately to all men, and we are NOT charged with trying to figure out who will believe and who won't. Nor are we given that information. We preach, God saves. Period.

What you don't like is the way God has chosen to save people or not save them, as He wills. Your issue is with God, not with Calvinists. Take it up with Him, and leaves us out of it.

In Romans 10, Paul is discussing his unsaved brethren, the Israelites; that Paul was 'teaching those who were already saved' does not change that fact. Verse 9 is what his unsaved brethren must do to be saved. If it is the case that some cannot do so (because God decided to unconditionally withhold regeneration) then you can't tell whomsoever without a qualification - it would be misleading.

Upvote 0

janxharris

Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟36,397.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No it is not. Your problem is with God, not with Calvinists.

Right, you didn't address it.

I already answered it.

Where?

Let me make myself clear: Do NOT demand anything from me. Ask, all you want. Demand something from me, and you will be reported. I will not be spoken to any longer the way you have spoken to me. Show respect, and you'll get it in return. Demand and vilify, and speak evil of what I believe, and there will be consequences.

Perhaps you should read the rules again.

Since when does my 'Are you going to respond to this...' constitute a demand?
So shall I take it that you are not going to respond? Without clarification of your position then we can't really have a debate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Has it ever occurred to you that Paul quoted it differently because there is a change in the covenant? You cannot apply what Moses said without understanding that he was talking to Israel, God's Chosen people at that time, not to the world at large.

Even Paul was not talking to the world at large, but teaching those who were already saved. And it is a fact that unless the Holy Spirit FIRST does a work in the listener's heart (regeneration) that man will choose to reject the Gospel. Every time.

You've got your knickers in a knot over something that you are wrongly blaming on Calvinists, when your real problem is with God. We are charged to preach the Gospel indiscriminately to all men, and we are NOT charged with trying to figure out who will believe and who won't. Nor are we given that information. We preach, God saves. Period.

What you don't like is the way God has chosen to save people or not save them, as He wills. Your issue is with God, not with Calvinists. Take it up with Him, and leaves us out of it.
Excellent post!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.