Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
There have been several false-christians try to use the thief on the cross to justify their rejection of Jesus Name water baptism. I will try to address the defect in their doctrine here.

I really thought by now all of the false-christians knew better than to try that old "thief on the cross" argument to try to justify their disobedience of the Bible in their false-christian cults.

The thief on the cross died before the New Testament Church was born. The new testament Church was born in Acts 2:4 and the new testament plan of salvation preached in Acts 2:38, confirmed in Acts 2:39 and preached and practiced by the Apostles Acts 19-4-6.

One of the tricks that many false preachers use in their deception is that they use the "thief on the cross" as "proof" that baptism in Jesus name is not required for salvation. They use that one account of the "thief on the cross" to deceive people into flat ignoring *bunches* of verses about baptism, even a verse where the Lord Himself declares baptism as ESSENTIAL, they will ignore ALL these verses:

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

* Jesus said,"... AND is baptized" *

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

* Sins washed away THROUGH baptism *

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things
concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

* Believers were always baptized. *

Acts 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

* Just look at those verses about Jesus name baptism! But the false preachers will still proclaim "thief on the cross" and those so deceived will go "amen brother"... BUT!! What the false preachers and those so deceived are overlooking is: The thief DIED BEFORE Baptism in Jesus name was even instituted and preached by the apostle Peter!! When the thief on the cross died, the new testament church had not been born; Jesus had not yet risen from the dead!!! The thief on the cross was dead for over a month BEFORE Acts 2:38 was even preached. *

The thief on the cross was not even in the "church" dispensation, the commandment to be baptised had not been given.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.

I really hope that you can see the deception in the "thief on the cross" argument against baptism. But I hope that if your preacher told you that lie, that you will realize that he has lied to you about other things as well, and is not really a man of God at all.

The Bible warns so many times, in so many places that there will be MANY false preachers leading people to hell. People who are being led into hell by false preachers BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE SAVED; that is the job of the false preacher to keep them feeling "secure".

Does your preacher teach the "thief on the cross" as an excuse to
undermine the essentiality of baptism? If so, are you going to follow him/her/it into the pits of hell, anyway?

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Luke 6:39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause
divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.​

coons786c

Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
He had to be baptized to be saved. Its believing.

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let me asks you this, If I TRULY accept Christ and then die BEFORE I have a chance to make it public am I saved? For example, at our church we plan baptisms for a few weeks AFTER someone comes and makes it public that they have accepted Christ. If someone was to die between the time they accepted Christ and the time they had the chance to get saved what happens? OR another example, say I accepted Christ either privately at night or accepted Him and then got in the car had a fatal car wreck died BEFORE I had that chance These are situations where the person is not really able to get a baptism Keep in mind Baptism does NOT save you.

Upvote 0

coons786c

Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Let me asks you this, If I TRULY accept Christ and then die BEFORE I have a chance to make it public am I saved? For example, at our church we plan baptisms for a few weeks AFTER someone comes and makes it public that they have accepted Christ. If someone was to die between the time they accepted Christ and the time they had the chance to get saved what happens? OR another example, say I accepted Christ either privately at night or accepted Him and then got in the car had a fatal car wreck died BEFORE I had that chance These are situations where the person is not really able to get a baptism Keep in mind Baptism does NOT save you.

What does the bible say? What did the apostles preach? Jesus is the Judge? The bible has your answers?

Upvote 0

kat

Jun 19, 2008
FL
Visit site
✟8,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I found this and he explains it very beautifully.... Noah’s Ark a type or shadow of New Testament Salvation. | Bible Truth's Revealed Written by Bro. Josh Sparks.

Praise the name of Jesus Christ.

In the Old testament there are many types and shadows of things mentioned in the old testament that are fulfilled in Jesus Christ and His Sacrificial Death at Calvary. The very Tabernacle and it’s layout inside represents Full New Testament Salvation. The sacrificial lambs offered up to God as a sacrifice for the sins of the people Israel, was not just a blood offering to cover their sins, but was a reminded to God of His plan to prepare a body, Reveal himself in this fleshly body and His name and shed His blood for sins. The sacrifice represented or was a shadow of Jesus the perfect Lamb of God slain for the sins of mankind.

Today I feel impressed to write about the Ark the Lord commanded Noah to build. Wickedness has grown to an all time high int he earth when God spoke to Noah commanding him to build the Ark. We will look at Genesis Chapter 6:7-14.

(Genesis 6:7-14) 7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. 9These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. 10And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. 11The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. 13And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. 14Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

Sin had seperated man from God and made man so corrupt that God told Noah, “The end of all flesh is come before me”. But notice that Noah found Grace in the eyes of the Lord. Noah had favor with God because He was righteous and loved God. The bible says Noah was just and perfect in His generations or perfect among those with whom he lived who were evil. The purpose in this ark being constructed was to save Noah from the waters of Heaven that were to be released on the earth because of sin. There are some major types or shadows in this portion of God’s Word that represents the New Birth Experience or New Testament Salvation.

God told Noah to build the Ark with three levels (Genesis 6: 16). God gave to Noah a plan that would save him and his household (Genesis 6: 18 ). God told Noah I will establish my covenant with you, and He and his sons and wife and their wives went into the ark. Also 7 of every clean animal and 2 of every unclean as well. The Ark when finished had 3 levels and only one door into the Ark. This one door into the ark was a type or shadow of Jesus the one way to God and the only door into the sheepfold.

(John 10:1, 7-9) 1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The Apostle peter speaks of how Noah’s Ark was a figure or shadow or type of our Salvation. ( 1 Peter 3:20-21) 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ .A “figure” is a type, shadow or symbol. Peter informs us that the building of the ark symbolizes or is a type of our salvation.

The Ark had three stories and I believe this represents God’s Plan of Salvation for man. This is a type or figure of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 1) Jesus died. 2) Jesus was buried. 3) Jesus rose from the dead the third day. The Apostles Paul declares this truth to be the very Gospel in (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) 1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.

The Apostle Peter and The Apostle Paul both preach that judgement is coming to and upon all who do not obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ. ( 2 Thessalonians 1: 8 ) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 4:17) For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The Ark had 3 levels and one door. The Church today is the Ark of salvation and Jesus is the door in and the only way we can be born again is by water and Spirit(John 3:5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Noah and His family entered in by the door. Jesus as we mentioned earlier is the door into the Kingdom of God and he commands us to be born again. If the Gospel is to be obeyed and the Gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ how can we obey the Gospel? Must we die physically and be buried then resurrected? The answer is no. We must obey by dying through repentance. We must be buried with Jesus in water baptism in the likeness of his death and be resurrected with him in the likeness of his resurrection which comes through being filled with the Baptism of the Holy Ghost evidenced by speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance.

The Gospel must be believed and obeyed (Mark 16:15-16) 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

(1 John 5: 8 ) And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. This verse shows us the blood and Spirit and water are in agreement. The Spirit of God causes the blood of Jesus to be applied to our lives in Water Baptism in Jesus Name. Jesus said that repentance and remission of sins should or must be preached in His name among all nations beginning at Jerusalem(Luke 24:46-49). This Peter preached on the day of Pentecost when those pricked in their hearts asked Peter and the rest of the Apostles, “men and brethren what shall we do”? In the next verse we see Peter preaching obedience to the Gospel. he declared, 1) Repent-Death. 2) Be Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission(forgiveness) of sins-Burial. 3) And Ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost-Resurrection.

So many teach that water baptism is non essential to ones salvation but eh Apostle Peter declared 8 souls were saved by water and that baptism doeth also now save us(1 Peter 3:20-21). Jesus said he that believes and is baptized shall be saved(Mark 16:16).

So we see types or figures of Salvation in the wonderful testimony of how God saved Noah and His family through the Ark a tyoe of the church and the three levels of the Ark that represented the Gospel and Jesus the one entrance into the Kingdom.

Ark-Church
3 levels-Gospel which consists of 1-death 2-burial 3-resurrection. This also represents obedience to the Gospel.

1.death-repentance 2. burial-water baptism in Jesus Name for remission of sins. 3. Resurrection-Baptism of the Holy Ghost evidenced by speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance.

We are water baptized into Jesus death and this is also our New covenant Circumcision. We are baptized by the Holy Ghost by which we are baptized into the Lord’s body the church and without none of us can be saved nor can we belong to Jesus without the Holy Ghost.

(Romans 6:3-5) 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection.

(Colossians 2:11-12) 11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

(1 Corinthians 12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Lets review what we have covered. The Gospel is preached in three parts. 1. Jesus died. 2 Jesus was buried. 3.Jesus rose from the dead. In obedience to this we 1. Repent-Die to sin. 2. We are baptized or buried in the Name of Jesus Christ and our sins are forgiven and washed away(Acts 22:16). 3. We are resurrected when filled with the Holy Ghost the old man dies and a new man is raised to live in the image of Jesus Christ and in the likeness of His resurrection through the faith and operation of God.

I hope this bible study has been a blessing to you. I will be posting more on types and shadows in the weeks to come. We will soon be looking at the layout of the tabernacle and how it is a figure of New testament Salvation. So many ask why do you preach Salvation alot. It is the only message that can bring Salvation to you. You cannot shake my hand, sign our church book and go to heaven. You must be born again. God loves you and wants to save you. Obey the Gospel today.

IN His Grip,
Bro. Josh Sparks.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2013
Southampton, England
✟9,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cornelius got saved without water baptism!

Acts 10:43-44 NASB "Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins." While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coons786c

Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I found this and he explains it very beautifully.... Noah’s Ark a type or shadow of New Testament Salvation. | Bible Truth's Revealed Written by Bro. Josh Sparks.

Praise the name of Jesus Christ.

In the Old testament there are many types and shadows of things mentioned in the old testament that are fulfilled in Jesus Christ and His Sacrificial Death at Calvary. The very Tabernacle and it’s layout inside represents Full New Testament Salvation. The sacrificial lambs offered up to God as a sacrifice for the sins of the people Israel, was not just a blood offering to cover their sins, but was a reminded to God of His plan to prepare a body, Reveal himself in this fleshly body and His name and shed His blood for sins. The sacrifice represented or was a shadow of Jesus the perfect Lamb of God slain for the sins of mankind.

Today I feel impressed to write about the Ark the Lord commanded Noah to build. Wickedness has grown to an all time high int he earth when God spoke to Noah commanding him to build the Ark. We will look at Genesis Chapter 6:7-14.

(Genesis 6:7-14) 7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. 9These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. 10And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. 11The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. 13And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. 14Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

Sin had seperated man from God and made man so corrupt that God told Noah, “The end of all flesh is come before me”. But notice that Noah found Grace in the eyes of the Lord. Noah had favor with God because He was righteous and loved God. The bible says Noah was just and perfect in His generations or perfect among those with whom he lived who were evil. The purpose in this ark being constructed was to save Noah from the waters of Heaven that were to be released on the earth because of sin. There are some major types or shadows in this portion of God’s Word that represents the New Birth Experience or New Testament Salvation.

God told Noah to build the Ark with three levels (Genesis 6: 16). God gave to Noah a plan that would save him and his household (Genesis 6: 18 ). God told Noah I will establish my covenant with you, and He and his sons and wife and their wives went into the ark. Also 7 of every clean animal and 2 of every unclean as well. The Ark when finished had 3 levels and only one door into the Ark. This one door into the ark was a type or shadow of Jesus the one way to God and the only door into the sheepfold.

(John 10:1, 7-9) 1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The Apostle peter speaks of how Noah’s Ark was a figure or shadow or type of our Salvation. ( 1 Peter 3:20-21) 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ .A “figure” is a type, shadow or symbol. Peter informs us that the building of the ark symbolizes or is a type of our salvation.

The Ark had three stories and I believe this represents God’s Plan of Salvation for man. This is a type or figure of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 1) Jesus died. 2) Jesus was buried. 3) Jesus rose from the dead the third day. The Apostles Paul declares this truth to be the very Gospel in (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) 1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.

The Apostle Peter and The Apostle Paul both preach that judgement is coming to and upon all who do not obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ. ( 2 Thessalonians 1: 8 ) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 4:17) For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The Ark had 3 levels and one door. The Church today is the Ark of salvation and Jesus is the door in and the only way we can be born again is by water and Spirit(John 3:5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Noah and His family entered in by the door. Jesus as we mentioned earlier is the door into the Kingdom of God and he commands us to be born again. If the Gospel is to be obeyed and the Gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ how can we obey the Gospel? Must we die physically and be buried then resurrected? The answer is no. We must obey by dying through repentance. We must be buried with Jesus in water baptism in the likeness of his death and be resurrected with him in the likeness of his resurrection which comes through being filled with the Baptism of the Holy Ghost evidenced by speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance.

The Gospel must be believed and obeyed (Mark 16:15-16) 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

(1 John 5: 8 ) And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. This verse shows us the blood and Spirit and water are in agreement. The Spirit of God causes the blood of Jesus to be applied to our lives in Water Baptism in Jesus Name. Jesus said that repentance and remission of sins should or must be preached in His name among all nations beginning at Jerusalem(Luke 24:46-49). This Peter preached on the day of Pentecost when those pricked in their hearts asked Peter and the rest of the Apostles, “men and brethren what shall we do”? In the next verse we see Peter preaching obedience to the Gospel. he declared, 1) Repent-Death. 2) Be Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission(forgiveness) of sins-Burial. 3) And Ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost-Resurrection.

So many teach that water baptism is non essential to ones salvation but eh Apostle Peter declared 8 souls were saved by water and that baptism doeth also now save us(1 Peter 3:20-21). Jesus said he that believes and is baptized shall be saved(Mark 16:16).

So we see types or figures of Salvation in the wonderful testimony of how God saved Noah and His family through the Ark a tyoe of the church and the three levels of the Ark that represented the Gospel and Jesus the one entrance into the Kingdom.

Ark-Church
3 levels-Gospel which consists of 1-death 2-burial 3-resurrection. This also represents obedience to the Gospel.

1.death-repentance 2. burial-water baptism in Jesus Name for remission of sins. 3. Resurrection-Baptism of the Holy Ghost evidenced by speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance.

We are water baptized into Jesus death and this is also our New covenant Circumcision. We are baptized by the Holy Ghost by which we are baptized into the Lord’s body the church and without none of us can be saved nor can we belong to Jesus without the Holy Ghost.

(Romans 6:3-5) 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection.

(Colossians 2:11-12) 11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

(1 Corinthians 12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Lets review what we have covered. The Gospel is preached in three parts. 1. Jesus died. 2 Jesus was buried. 3.Jesus rose from the dead. In obedience to this we 1. Repent-Die to sin. 2. We are baptized or buried in the Name of Jesus Christ and our sins are forgiven and washed away(Acts 22:16). 3. We are resurrected when filled with the Holy Ghost the old man dies and a new man is raised to live in the image of Jesus Christ and in the likeness of His resurrection through the faith and operation of God.

I hope this bible study has been a blessing to you. I will be posting more on types and shadows in the weeks to come. We will soon be looking at the layout of the tabernacle and how it is a figure of New testament Salvation. So many ask why do you preach Salvation alot. It is the only message that can bring Salvation to you. You cannot shake my hand, sign our church book and go to heaven. You must be born again. God loves you and wants to save you. Obey the Gospel today.

Good post KAT ^^^^^^^]

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Nope, if you die before baptism you'll burn in unending torture for eternity because you failed to do all the enumerated steps required. Sorry about your luck. :p

Upvote 0

kat

Jun 19, 2008
FL
Visit site
✟8,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't understand how the verses are being interpreted that say baptism does now save us... baptism washes away our sin... and the ark saved Noah but it was God of course that saved him but used the ark... the OT type/shadow of the brass laver of water before they entered the tabernacle they had to wash that they die not... and thats another example, explain how it doesn't say it is necessary ( I am asking this in a tone of humility btw ) I have been taught this and see it in the scriptures, they tell us God wouldn't let you die without the opportunity to be baptised after you repent... I would love it to be as you say because of course so many may be lost that aren't baptised and that breaks my heart... ????? Its not a "formula" for salvation its a heartfelt obedience to scripture....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coons786c

Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Cornelius got saved without water baptism!

Acts 10:43-44 NASB "Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins." While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message.

What you just said is not biblical. He was. I quoted it.Then your version of the bible is missing important scriptures!!

Upvote 0

coons786c

Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand how the verses are being interpreted that say baptism does now save us... baptism washes away our sin... and the ark saved Noah but it was God of course that saved him but used the ark... the OT type/shadow of the brass laver of water before they entered the tabernacle they had to wash that they die not... and thats another example, explain how it doesn't say it is necessary ( I am asking this in a tone of humility btw )

very well said ^^^^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
baptism Keep in mind Baptism does NOT save you.

This is what you said, Jesus said in Mark 16:16 he that believeth AND IS BAPTISED SHALL BE SAVED PERIOD.[/QUOTE]If baptism saved that would mean that a Non-Christian could just have a baptism and be saved. Is that how it works?

Upvote 0

coons786c

Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
This is what you said, Jesus said in Mark 16:16 he that believeth AND IS BAPTISED SHALL BE SAVED PERIOD.
If baptism saved that would mean that a Non-Christian could just have a baptism and be saved. Is that how it works?[/quote]

Its Being baptized into Jesus Christ for washing of sins according to Acts 22:16 and what apostles preached. Then the infilling of the Holy Ghost like the apostles did. This is what distinguishes between what is true and what is error or false teaching.

Upvote 0

kat

Jun 19, 2008
FL
Visit site
✟8,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is what you said, Jesus said in Mark 16:16 he that believeth AND IS BAPTISED SHALL BE SAVED PERIOD.
If baptism saved that would mean that a Non-Christian could just have a baptism and be saved. Is that how it works?[/QUOTE]
he would have to believe... so would not be a non christian

Upvote 0

coons786c

Feb 23, 2007
Port Saint Lucie
✟9,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Acts 13:38-39 NLT
"Brothers, listen! We are here to proclaim that through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins. [39] Everyone who believes in him is declared right with God-something the law of Moses could never do.

This is false in what you are saying because there are some Jews that believed in his miracles and had a zeal for God but they did not confess him. When you believe in Jesus they you obey or act or doer of his word not just a hearer only. We must recieve his holy spirit in our soul like the apostles did.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Upvote 0