✟1,612.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
http://www.virtualbibleschool.com

Have any of you heard anything good or bad about this place? I have been looking at this place for over a year now. They look good and according to the better business bureau they have no complaints. Always a good thing, lol. I also can't find anything bad about them on-line. That can be good and it could also mean they are so bad no one wants to even talk about them, :eek: ;)

My wife and I have been tossing around different ideas of places to study. So far we have narrowed it down to 3 things.

1. Study on our own over the course of the next few years
2. Both pack up and move to Oklahoma and attend Rhema (This option in my natural mind is insanity. To many things going on, but hey! If it's God he will make it so)
3. Find a good on-line school and stay home.

There are many things that my wife and I are looking into/praying about. It would help us greatly if you guys would pray for us as well. :)

It's funny how God can take what you are doing and totally turn it around and shoot you off in another direction. Good bible training can only help. :)

I have had it in my mind that I was going to do this without schooling but I'm starting to feel a pull in the other direction. My wife agrees that attending a good bible school is a good idea.

Something we a really considering.

Thanks to any and all that have info... if not your prayers are help enough. :)

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
A couple of things I notice about their site...

1. There is no mention anywhere of any kind of accreditation. If they are not accreditted by some form of nationally recognized accredditting organization then the classwork you take will probably not be accepted by any other college/school. If you are interested only in Bible training for you personally, then that may not be an issue for you. If you are interested in a college degree that would be accepted by future employers,etc. then this may be a problem.

2. The majority of the people listed in the column on the left only have degrees offered by this school-- which leads me to believe they are all 'home grown' (in other words, people who have gone through the same school but not received any other degrees.) In particular, you will notice most of them are listed as having an 'ACS' or a 'BCh.M'. Now, in most states there are limits on what types of degrees can be awarded by schools, depending on their accreditation, etc. A BCh.M. is their degree for a 'Bachelor in Church Ministries'. The reason it is NOT listed as a B.A. (as most bachelor's degrees are) is probably because they are unaccreditted and as such they're only allowed to give out religious degrees and their state is making certain it is not mistaken for a B.A. from an accreditted school. The same is true with a ThM. as opposed to a M.A. in Theology., etc.

Now, I don't believe that Rhema is accreditted either. So the accreditation issue may not matter to your personal life goals.

One more consideration about lack of accreditation is that you cannot get financial aid for schools that aren't accreditted-- but you can for those that are. Many people don't realize that financial aid can cover not only your actual tuition but living expenses while you are in school. It may be worth looking into going to a good school where you can get financial aid to help underwrite your living costs while you are studying. There are quite a number of such schools around the country.

Upvote 0

ShaunJ

Veteran
Aug 9, 2004
✟1,612.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks Father Rick. :)

I already have an Associate Degree in Computer Science. That is what I'm using to make my money right now. In all honestly we are just looking for some good Bible training. We are not looking at this to further our careers but our eventual ministry.

My Wife has a BS in some form of accounting and is currently working on her CPA exams. Our current careers combined will put us up over the $100,000 a year mark.

I myself am currently trying to land a job in my field but that is a whole other topic... ;)

Good Bible training is our goal. :)

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
May I suggest Dr. Christian Harfouche's Correspondence school: International Miracle Institute.

My wife and I are going through these courses. Knowing your background, I would suggest this and believ it would satisfy what you are looking for.

Doc Harfouche is preaching the Kingdom in such balance in the fullness of the Word and the Spirit unlike anything else we have found. It is incredibly awesome!

His main website is: http://www.globalrevival.com

Direct link to IMI information is: http://globalrevival.e3server.com/mfc_imi.asp?ID=16

I'll PM you in a moment.

Upvote 0

ShaunJ

Veteran
Aug 9, 2004
✟1,612.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
riverpastor said:
May I suggest Dr. Christian Harfouche's Correspondence school: International Miracle Institute.

My wife and I are going through these courses. Knowing your background, I would suggest this and believ it would satisfy what you are looking for.

Doc Harfouche is preaching the Kingdom in such balance in the fullness of the Word and the Spirit unlike anything else we have found. It is incredibly awesome!

His main website is: http://www.globalrevival.com

Direct link to IMI information is: http://globalrevival.e3server.com/mfc_imi.asp?ID=16

I'll PM you in a moment.

I am always so skeptical of people... It's the whole reason I made this thread. I would love to hear what you have to say about them. After looking at their website is dose look like it could be a blessing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.