Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This movie came out July 4. It's based on a true story of one piece of Tim Ballard's work hunting down sex traffickers and the like and capturing/arresting them, after he'd been working for at least a decade with the Department of Homeland Security.

I haven't seen it because I can't handle the subject matter. It's too upsetting for me, but I think it's important to have this out. As they say, shine a light on the darkness. Somehow find a way to help these children.

What is also disturbing and horrible is the main stream magazines and news slamming on this story, saying it was made up, says Jim Caviezel and Tim Ballard are QAnon, conspiracy theorists. No matter that it's a true story. I don't know if you all have ever listened to Jim Caviezel speak, whether as a guest speaker on important matters of God and Christianity (albeit from a Catholic perspective, but still), and his deep faith. There's no doubt he's a devout Christian.

In any case, I was wondering what you all thought and has anybody seen this movie yet? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Not David

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This movie came out July 4. It's based on a true story of one piece of Tim Ballard's work hunting down sex traffickers and the like and capturing/arresting them, after he'd been working for at least a decade with the Department of Homeland Security.

I haven't seen it because I can't handle the subject matter. It's too upsetting for me, but I think it's important to have this out. As they say, shine a light on the darkness. Somehow find a way to help these children.

What is also disturbing and horrible is the main stream magazines and news slamming on this story, saying it was made up, says Jim Caviezel and Tim Ballard are QAnon, conspiracy theorists. No matter that it's a true story. I don't know if you all have ever listened to Jim Caviezel speak, whether as a guest speaker on important matters of God and Christianity (albeit from a Catholic perspective, but still), and his deep faith. There's no doubt he's a devout Christian.

In any case, I was wondering what you all thought and has anybody seen this movie yet? Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen it but based on what some people have had to say about it it must be a pretty good movie.

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Both Tucker and Jim said the media would do just what they are doing...

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Am waiting for it to become available online ..... I have given to OUR ... End Child Trafficking | Operation Underground Railroad for many years.

The movie is creating awareness about how prolific child trafficking is .... people do need to be aware so they can find ways to help stop it.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Am waiting for it to become available online ..... I have given to OUR ... End Child Trafficking | Operation Underground Railroad for many years.

The movie is creating awareness about how prolific child trafficking is .... people do need to be aware so they can find ways to help stop it.
That's wonderful that you are helping out. Yes, I agree that this terrible thing needs to be in the spotlight for awareness of all people.

Upvote 0

Dogheaded

Jun 17, 2023
Windsor
✟18,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dr. Lori Handrahan wrote a book "Epidemic: America's Trade in Child Rape" 6 or 7 years ago.
It details the nature of what that 5000% increase Tim Ballard mentioned (In his Peterson interview.)

And Neither Peterson or Ballard were willing to go all the way in the connection of inappropriate contentography and the worst things - they call for being 'moderate' but it is the same spirit. You can't stick your toe in the pool and not have complicity with the worst thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dr. Lori Handrahan wrote a book "Epidemic: America's Trade in Child Rape" 6 or 7 years ago.
It details the nature of what that 5000% increase Tim Ballard mentioned (In his Peterson interview.)

And Neither Peterson or Ballard were willing to go all the way in the connection of inappropriate contentography and the worst things - they call for being 'moderate' but it is the same spirit. You can't stick your toe in the pool and not have complicity with the worst thing.
I don't understand what your last paragraph means.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,870.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The terrible thing, to the judgement of so many of us, myself included, is that we now, or in the past, tolerated, approved of, pravticed or enjoyed the things that made it possible - inappropriate contentography (yes, including “sex scenes” in movies and on TV), fornication, or other sexual sin. This would not be possible if we condemned and forbade these things openly, in society when possible, and always inside the Church.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The terrible thing, to the judgement of so many of us, myself included, is that we now, or in the past, tolerated, approved of, pravticed or enjoyed the things that made it possible - inappropriate contentography (yes, including “sex scenes” in movies and on TV), fornication, or other sexual sin. This would not be possible if we condemned and forbade these things openly, in society when possible, and always inside the Church.
True. I will say I've been against sex scenes in movies since my teens. Also violence and bad words. In any case, I am guilty as well, which is why all the darkness is around us. All of our sins. The elders that have been telling us to repent for the past few years, especially during covid, I tried to do so. I don't know about anybody else, but I struggle in this world, praying every day not to get swept up into the sea of apostasy.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Apparently some of the cinemas where the movie is showing are having 'issues', such as the airconditioning not working in that theatre despite working fine in every other theatre in the complex, the lights staying on while the movie is playing or the sound cutting out in parts of the movie. I have no way of verifying the claims, however, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Seraphim .
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Apparently some of the cinemas where the movie is showing are having 'issues', such as the airconditioning not working in that theatre despite working fine in every other theatre in the complex, the lights staying on while the movie is playing or the sound cutting out in parts of the movie. I have no way of verifying the claims, however, so take it with a grain of salt.
hmmmmm….

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟456,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0