United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Homily for the Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Today the Church interrupts a long series of readings from Mark’s Gospel, from which most of this year’s readings come, and turns to the Gospel of John, where we’ll be spending the next few weeks.

Why is this? The miraculous feeding of the 5,000, which we just heard from John, is in Mark’s Gospel too. In fact, it’s the only miracle of Jesus’ ministry that appears in all four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. So there was no need to turn from Mark to John for this story.

But it’s only in John — John 6, one of the best-known, most important passages in the New Testament — that Jesus goes on from the feeding of the 5,000 to the great “bread of life” discourse that we’ll be hearing in the weeks ahead.

“I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst” (John 6:35). That’s next Sunday.

Continued below.
The Slavery of Politicized Faith

• Informative
Reactions: BrAndreyu

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When our candidates win and laws we like are passed, that’s the kingdom of God. Anyone who criticizes our party or our candidates has left the true faith, and our political opponents represent the powers of darkness.

That sounds a lot like the woke movement, especially the latter sentence. If you aren't with them then you aren't "On The Right Side of History™" as they like to say, and you must be a horrible subhuman who deserves to be beaten in the street.

I don't have a political party that I am loyal to. I see flaws in both the republicans and the democrats, but the problem with voting for a third party is that I don't believe that those votes are even counted and I definitely don't believe that third party votes are going to be accurately counted in the future. Trump was an anomaly. The elite class, the ones who really control the levers of power, will never let a situation like that, someone who is not "in the club" getting elected to the presidency, happen ever again.

Upvote 0