The single biggest problem with the education system.

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Who still has the ultimate authourity here for now?
Doesn’t matter. Either your god is in charge or he gave man the authority. Either way your god sits there and watches children being raped and does nothing about it when he is the only one that has the power to stop all of it.

This is what religion does to people. They defend the defendable. Defending slavery, genocide, rapists and on and on. The morals in the Bible are basically if you are powerful enough you can do whatever you want to people.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"Many are called but few are chosen."

However all are free to exercise their natural goodness. The church doesn't claim to be the only repository of good. In the words of the late Ann Landers, "The church is a hospital for sinners, not an edifice for saints."

Christians know they are sinners. Others not so much.
does god want all to come to saving faith?

Humanists know they make mistakes and bad choices and we try to learn, reason and not do them again. We also don’t tell people they are defective from birth and there is no way to be better. Christians not so much.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Humanists know they make mistakes and bad choices and we try to learn, reason and not do them again. We also don’t tell people they are defective from birth and there is no way to be better. Christians not so much.

It doesn't matter if nothing changes.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Repentance is how the Christian gets better.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Repentance is how the Christian gets better.
Which is basically the same thing. Looking at your actions in the past, recognizing where you went wrong and correcting that behavior/actions in the future. Why do you need a god for that?

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't matter if nothing changes.
Things are changing. Christians have had the majority and privilege in our society for a long time. The secularists and liberal Christians are wrestling it from them and its not pretty.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which is basically the same thing. Looking at your actions in the past, recognizing where you went wrong and correcting that behavior/actions in the future. Why do you need a god for that?

If enough people did this God wouldn't be too concerned.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Things are changing. Christians have had the majority and privilege in our society for a long time. The secularists and liberal Christians are wrestling it from them and its not pretty.

Signs that the end is near. :eek:

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In my experience the public education system does encourage critical thinking and curiosity. My children are in a district that encourages this and take steps toward this goal. One thing to remember is that the public education system has to educate every child from every situation. So when you compare private or home schooled kids against public school kids it is usually apples and oranges.

Our families need to be helped so kids can learn at school. Basic needs and the divorce rate need to be addressed in my opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If enough people did this God wouldn't be too concerned.
I disagree. There is the sin nature that we are all born with that he hates us for. His standard is perfection and we are born imperfect.

Upvote 0