U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are interpreting highly figurative prophecy literally, which will give a wrong intepretation.
If you know your NT, you know there are three persons in the Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
That is personal interpretation of prophetic riddles (Numbers 12:8), which are subject to more than one interpretation, and which interpretation here is in gross disagreement with authoritative NT teaching, which allows for no two resurrections nor for two kingdoms.

The fact that you say "there will be no flesh and blood upon the earth when the Father's kingdom comes down" and you don't know "where the Son's kingdom will be located" shows the error of your contra-NT interpretation.

In Revelation 20: 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

This is not an interpretation we see that there is a first resurrection here. So if theirs a first resurrection then their a second resurrection, because we have to have the white throne judgement. Also the rest of the dead live not until the thousand years were finish. Let's see what happens after the thousand years.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Matt 10:28 includes an interesting Bible detail
28 And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in fiery hell.

Ezek 18:4 "the soul that sins shall die"

Indeed - both are true. The wicked are tormented with fire and brimstone in the lake of fire (called the second death in Rev 20) - and that is where Christ's statement in Matt 10:28 about "both body and soul destroyed" comes in.

The destructive force (represented by worms and fire) is never stopped. Like a house fire where the fire that is destroying the house cannot be stopped.

Luke 12 puts it this way.
45 But if that slave says in his heart, ‘My master will take a long time to come,’ and he begins to beat the other slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk; 46 then the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect, and at an hour that he does not know, and will cut him in two, and assign him a place with the unbelievers. 47 And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accordance with his will, will receive many blows, 48 but the one who did not know it, and committed acts deserving of a beating, will receive only a few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

Instead of "infinite debt, that is never paid" as the reward of all -- it is finite debt and it is fully paid in the case of all the wicked -- some get many blows (much torment) and others less. But none will come out as "survivors"... none will survive it since at the end Christ says "both body and soul" end up in the Matt 10:28 condition which is the Ezek 18:4 condition.

================================

BTW - thanks for quoting this

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all mankind come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

You welcome bro! That Luke 12 is a good parable, very good one.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where does Jesus say that we Must do everything he commands if we are to be save4d?

How does your believe in Christians ticking off a list of things done marry with the promises that Jesus's yoke is easy/comfortable and the Isaiah promises that God will not snap the bruised reed or extingush the smoking flax?

Is Christianity only for those able to achieve a certsin standard of rightousness or is it open to all who will come?

It's open to all that come, but didn't Jesus say in Matthew 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with you that the New Jerusalem is now presently with us but not the kingdom to come.

Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels.

Galatians 4:22-31; theses verses equate the new covenant with the Jerusalem which is above and free.

I’m personally not waiting for another kingdom to come because Hebrews 9:15-17 shows that through Christ’s death the new covenant is in force which is the New Jerusalem.

The new Jerusalem is not present until the second coming of Jesus.
Understanding the Kingdom of God is to first know that there are two kingdom coming in the future. One is Jesus kingdom the last is the Father kingdom.

Let's take a look at Jesus kingdom first. Let's go to Revelation 20: 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So there's two way to get in Jesus kingdom, one is coming up in the first resurrection and this will be the dead in Christ as well as the living in Christ. The other way is if you happen to make it through the great tribulation and did not get the mark of the beast.

Paul say in 1 Corinthians 15: 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Let’s take a look at Jesus coming in Matthew 24: 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Now all this will start after the great tribulation. So if you live through the great tribulation, you will change and if you sleep in christ, you will raise and change. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (1 Corinthians 15: 51, 52) These are only the saints. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (Revelation 14:12) Notice the saints kept the commandments, these are the Ten Commandments brothers and Sisters. The other way getting in Jesus kingdom is to live through these events. After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. (Revelation 7: 9,10)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's open to all that come, but didn't Jesus say in Matthew 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Taking you at your word.

You follow every command found in the Torah do you?

Or do you accept that Christians are not under the law, but are living in and by the grace of God.

Because either way you are not following what the Bible says.

Either you obey All the old testament laws, every single one of them, or you accept that there are things the Christian should do, or may do, but often doesn't but is not condemned to hell for that immission.

May I suggest you reread how Jesus compared his application of the law to how the Pharisees applied the law, because you come across as someone who wants to copy the Pharisees and there application of the law.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
some people skim passed
1 John 2:1 "these things I write that you sin NOT" --

and land firmly on
1 John 2:1 "if anyone sins we have an advocate with the Father"

Matt 7 "by their fruits you shall know them"
Rom 2:13-16 "it is NOT the hearers of the Law that are just before God - but the DOERS of the Law WILL be justified... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge"

Rom 8:4-12 the lost "do not and CAN NOT submit to the Law of God" by contrast to the saints that walk in obedience according to that chapter.

Rom 6 "do you not know that you are SLAVES of the one whom you OBEY - either of sin resulting in death or of righteousness resulting in life"

true.

Is it the bible texts that lead you to conclude that??? If so - I can help with that.

As always those taking a faith plus works plus sinless perfection position will not engage with 1 john1:8.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As always those taking a faith plus works plus sinless perfection position will not engage with 1 john1:8.

If the Bible looks like faith plus works to them - they might need to take a closer look. James 2 says "faith works".

some people skim passed
1 John 2:1 "these things I write that you sin NOT" --

and land firmly on
1 John 2:1 "if anyone sins we have an advocate with the Father"

Matt 7 "by their fruits you shall know them"
Rom 2:13-16 "it is NOT the hearers of the Law that are just before God - but the DOERS of the Law WILL be justified... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge"

Rom 8:4-12 the lost "do not and CAN NOT submit to the Law of God" by contrast to the saints that walk in obedience according to that chapter.

Rom 6 "do you not know that you are SLAVES of the one whom you OBEY - either of sin resulting in death or of righteousness resulting in life"

true.

Is it the bible texts that lead you to conclude that??? If so - I can help with that.

If they need to dismiss all that scripture above - as if it were merely "faith plus works" it should be a good indicator to them that they are misreading something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grafted branch

Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟238,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The new Jerusalem is not present until the second coming of Jesus.
Understanding the Kingdom of God is to first know that there are two kingdom coming in the future. One is Jesus kingdom the last is the Father kingdom.
So how do you interpret Hebrews 12:22? This verse appears to show that people in the first century were able to come to the heavenly Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So how do you interpret Hebrews 12:22? This verse appears to show that people in the first century were able to come to the heavenly Jerusalem.

In Heb 12 - the heavenly Jerusalem is in heaven.

People such as Moses and Elijah are there and we see them in Matt 17 even before the cross standing in glory with Christ.

Matt 27 indicates that a number of other people were also resurrected with Christ.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Let's read in the future when this is going to happen in Isaiah 2: 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Taking you at your word.

You follow every command found in the Torah do you?

Or do you accept that Christians are not under the law, but are living in and by the grace of God.

Because either way you are not following what the Bible says.

Either you obey All the old testament laws, every single one of them, or you accept that there are things the Christian should do, or may do, but often doesn't but is not condemned to hell for that immission.

May I suggest you reread how Jesus compared his application of the law to how the Pharisees applied the law, because you come across as someone who wants to copy the Pharisees and there application of the law.

So I see your first response is to ask me what I'm doing, instead of just quoting scriptures and verses. I love to fellowship with the word of God so let's do that! Post some Bible concerning your response of what Jesus says in Matthew 4:4! Thank you

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟238,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Heb 12 - the heavenly Jerusalem is in heaven.

People such as Moses and Elijah are there and we see them in Matt 17 even before the cross standing in glory with Christ.

Matt 27 indicates that a number of other people were also resurrected with Christ.
Every translation I’ve looked at for Hebrew 12:22 says You have come to … the heavenly Jerusalem. If the heavenly Jerusalem is still in heaven then we are also currently in heaven because it says “you have come” not “you are going to come”.

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟238,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's read in the future when this is going to happen in Isaiah 2: 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
Let’s read Hebrews 12:22. You have come to … the heavenly Jerusalem.

This isn’t future; we have come to the heavenly Jerusalem.

“You have come to” Strong’s # 4334 Verb – Perfect Indicative Active – 2nd Person Plural

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Every translation I’ve looked at for Hebrew 12:22 says You have come to … the heavenly Jerusalem. If the heavenly Jerusalem is still in heaven then we are also currently in heaven because it says “you have come” not “you are going to come”.

Eph 2 says
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

So then we have been resurrected and seated in heaven - by faith.
God says to Abraham "I HAVE made you the father of many nations" when as yet he had none.

Rom 4:17 (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;

The church of God on Earth is in fellowship with the angels - the church of God in heaven.

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟238,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eph 2 says
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

So then we have been resurrected and seated in heaven - by faith.
God says to Abraham "I HAVE made you the father of many nations" when as yet he had none.

Rom 4:17 (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;

The church of God on Earth is in fellowship with the angels - the church of God in heaven.
I agree with what you’re saying.

The problem I have is when people argue that the New Jerusalem will be in place after the second coming. 1 John 3:1-3 says it doth not yet appear what we shall be. The only way I can see these verses harmonizing is to say that the New Jerusalem is a present reality at least for those who die and are then present with the Lord, but these things would not be so after the second coming else it does appear what we shall be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I agree with what you’re saying.

The problem I have is when people argue that the New Jerusalem will be in place after the second coming. 1 John 3:1-3 says it doth not yet appear what we shall be. The only way I can see these verses harmonizing is to say that the New Jerusalem is a present reality at least for those who die and are then present with the Lord, but these things would not be so after the second coming else it does appear what we shall be.

The city (New Jerusalem) is on the ground after the Millennium according to Rev 20 in its one verse summary of the last part of the chapter...
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

So how did the "beloved city" get there?

Rev 21 gives us the details
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟238,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The city (New Jerusalem) is on the ground after the Millennium according to Rev 20 in its one verse summary of the last part of the chapter...
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
The beloved city isn’t necessarily the New Jerusalem. In Matthew 23:37 Jesus seems to show that the earthly Jerusalem was beloved. It isn’t clear whether the fire that comes down consumed the camp of the saints or the nations.
Rev 21 gives us the details
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
Revelation 21:2 shows New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven prepared as a bride. I think most people would agree that the bride of Christ is the church. I would argue that the bride was prepared at the cross; this is where Christ was found guilty of our sins and paid for those sins.

In John 20:17 Jesus tell Mary not to touch him because he had not yet ascended to the Father. In John 20:27 Jesus can now be touched because He tells Thomas to thrust his hand into His side. So it stands to reason that Jesus ascended to complete the sacrifice (apply his blood to the mercy seat) and then came back sometime between these 2 events. This would be when the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The beloved city isn’t necessarily the New Jerusalem. In Matthew 23:37 Jesus seems to show that the earthly Jerusalem was beloved.

37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. 38 Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! 39 For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’”

The "desolate house" statement in Matt 23:38 is "the curse of Solomon" being pronounced on Jerusalem by Christ in Matt 23.

1 Kings 9:6-8
6 But if you or your sons at all turn from following Me, and do not keep My commandments and My statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods and worship them, 7 then I will cut off Israel from the land which I have given them; and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight. Israel will be a proverb and a byword among all peoples. 8 And as for this house, which is exalted, everyone who passes by it will be astonished and will hiss, and say, ‘Why has the Lord done thus to this land and to this house?

So then we can see the blessed city and beloved city in Rev 21 and it explains its presence in Rev 20 with all the saints inside and all the wicked surrounding it.

Revelation 21:2 shows New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven prepared as a bride. I think most people would agree that the bride of Christ is the church. I would argue that the bride was prepared at the cross; this is where Christ was found guilty of our sins and paid for those sins.

I am just reading the text. Rev 21 says this -- city "prepared as a bride"

2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. ..

The New Jerusalem
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.

<looks like a real city - coming down out of heaven.>

14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15 And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. 16 The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal. 17 Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel. 18 The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

The Glory of the New Jerusalem
22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.

<looks like a real city - coming down out of heaven. and the saints, go in and out of the city but they are not the city in Rev 21>

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In John 20:17 Jesus tell Mary not to touch him because he had not yet ascended to the Father. In John 20:27 Jesus can now be touched because He tells Thomas to thrust his hand into His side. So it stands to reason that Jesus ascended

I agree that John 20:17 and 20:27 indicate that in that short space of time "Jesus ascended to the Father" - but no reference to the city coming down, or the church coming down, or anything of that sort in John 20.

The seven last plagues of Rev 16 were future to John's day.
the second coming of Rev 19 is future to John's day
the 1000 years of Rev 20 , and the first resurrection (resurrection of the saints) is future to John
the New heavens and New Earth along with the city coming down out of heaven - are future to John.

In the new heavens and new Earth we see this.

Is 66:23 "... from one Sabbath to another, All mankind shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

Clearly that does not happen on this earth even to this day - much less in John's day.

Peter says the event is future - "13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

Our focus is entirely on that future event.

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟238,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "desolate house" statement in Matt 23:38 is "the curse of Solomon" being pronounced on Jerusalem by Christ in Matt 23.
I completely agree that Jerusalem’s house was left desolate. I was referring to Matthew 23:37 to make the point that Jesus was showing love toward Jerusalem when he said Jerusalem, Jerusalem … how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings.
So then we can see the blessed city and beloved city in Rev 21 and it explains its presence in Rev 20 with all the saints inside and all the wicked surrounding it.
I personally don’t see that. Examine Psalms 122, in verse 6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Since Revelation 20:9 doesn’t specifically say who was devoured by the fire, I don’t think it’s possible to come to a definitive interpretation. So all I can say here is that I think the fire devours the city.
The New Jerusalem
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.

<looks like a real city - coming down out of heaven.>

The Glory of the New Jerusalem
22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations i

<looks like a real city - coming down out of heaven. and the saints, go in and out of the city but they are not the city in Rev 21>
Do we now know what we shall be; knowing we will have no more pain, where we will live, what the city will look like, and the fact that there won’t be any sun? If so then how are you interpreting 1 John 3:1-3?
In the new heavens and new Earth we see this.

Is 66:23 "... from one Sabbath to another, All mankind shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

Clearly that does not happen on this earth even to this day - much less in John's day.

Peter says the event is future - "13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

Our focus is entirely on that future event.
There are many people who apparently know from the scriptures what the new heaven and earth will be like, and that’s fine. I try to take the parts of the Bible that are written clearly to interpret the parts that are written in symbolic or figurative language. You quote Isaiah 66:23 but have you considered Numbers 12:6-8?

6 And he said, hear now my words: if there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. 7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. 8a With him I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches.​

I would think Isaiah 66 is not meant to be taken in an absolute literal sense, if it were then the fact that Jerusalem is loved in verse 10 could be used as proof that it is the city in Revelation 20:9.

Upvote 0