Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW, it is not fair to leave out the weekly festival of the Lord in which the 7th day sabbath is about..Leviticus 23.
Hmm what? God's 4th commandment is not an annual sabbath it is a weekly Sabbath that is not a shadow as it points backward not forward "REMEMBER" EXODUS 20:8-11. God's 4th commandments is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken according to the new covenant scriptures *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11. (God's Word not mine). It is the annual sabbaths in the feast days that are no more not the weekly Sabbath which is every "seventh day" of the week and which is God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟318,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello studyman, i used the NIV when I quote Jeremiah 7:22.
So can you show me in scriptures that there was a different covenant made by God with the Levite as a separate covenant to the Sinai covenant through Moses?

I am glad to, but when will you provide the common kindness of answering the questions I have asked you?

Malachi 2:4 (NIV) And you will know that I have sent you this warning so that my covenant with Levi may continue,” says the LORD Almighty.

Malachi 2:5 (NIV) My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. (Ex. 32:26, look it up)

The NIV is known and considered by many to be a very poor translation, and I agree with them. That is why I posted so many different ones so you might consider that almost every translation written tells us the Covenant God gave Israel, was Separate from the Priesthood Covenant God gave Levi. But even the NIV authors was not allowed by God to alter HIS Truth in this matter.

Duet. 10: Deuteronomy 10:8 (NIV) At that time the LORD set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the covenant of the LORD, to stand before the LORD to minister and to pronounce blessings in his name, as they still do today.

Deuteronomy 10:9 (NIV) That is why the Levites have no share or inheritance among their fellow Israelites; the LORD is their inheritance, as the LORD your God told them.)

Levi was Separated from the Covenant God gave to Israel, and given the Priesthood Covenant as EVERY Translation ever printed clearly shows.

The reason why you are not taught this truth is explained by Jesus Himself.

Matthew 24:5 (NIV) For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I (Jesus) am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

But as you can see, even in the NIV, it is written that God Separated Levi from all the other peoples of the world, and gave him a Specific Covenant "Till the Seed should come".

But Levi became partial in the Law and Broke God's Priesthood Covenant.

Mal. 2: Malachi 2:8 (NIV) But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi,” says the LORD Almighty.

So even the NIV tells us God made a Covenant with Levi.

So what does even the NIV tell us this same Christ did?

Hebrews 8:7 (NIV) For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.

Hebrews 8:8 (NIV) But God found fault with the people (Levite Shepherds which caused people to go astray) and said : “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

And how did this Same Christ define HIS OWN NEW Covenant?

Jeremiah 31:33 (NIV) “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

How is this different from the old covenant God made on Israel's behalf? It was required by the Priesthood Covenant God gave Levi, to go to a Levite Priest to even hear the Word's of God. But now Jesus is our High Priest, we no longer need to rely on Preachers to define His Word's for us. We each have God's Word in our own homes. Even the NIV was not allowed to alter this truth.

Jeremiah 31:34 (NIV) No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

How were sins forgiven before this?

It was required by the Priesthood Covenant God gave Levi, that a man who sinned must go find a Levite Priest and take an animal to him, and he would perform sacrificial "works", and make an atonement for this man's sin. There was no other way "Till the Seed Came.

The NEW Covenant was this same Christ becoming the High Priest, thus "Changing" the Covenant God made with Levi on how God's Laws were administered, and how transgressions of these Laws were atoned for.

There is nothing which indicates God "changed" His Laws, Commandments or Statutes given to Israel. That religious philosophy is a teaching of religious men who "come in His Name", who call Him Lord, Lord, but do not what HE says.

So here you are. I posted the Holy Word's of God from your own new age translation, and it clearly states that God "Separated Levites from ALL the Peoples of the world, and gave them an exclusive Covenant which the Christ Himself said pertained only to "HOW" God's Laws are administered, and "How" transgressions of HIS Laws were atoned for.

If you can provide Scriptures which void this understanding, please provide them. If you simply don't believe these Holy Scriptures, well, that is also very common among religious men as well. At least according to the God of the Bible.

I hope you might consider these Words of the Holy Scriptures from your own translation. The Truth matters.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi pasifika, no you didn't here are the questions here...

Ok did you want to answer my questions now dear friend?

1. How can God's 4th commandment "seventh day" Sabbath which God made on the "seventh day" of creation *GENESIS 2:1-3 be a "SHADOW LAW" when mankind was in perfect harmony with God and talked face to face with God when there was NO SIN and no need of God's plan of salvation and when God's Sabbath was a part of the FINISHED work of creation?

The "SHADOW LAWS" were only made after the fall of mankind as part of God's plan of salvation for mankind. There was no Shadow laws when the Sabbath was made and the Sabbath was made before sin when man was in perfect harmony with God.

2. Did you know that under the old covenant annual feasts days there were special ceremonial annual sabbath days that were not God's 4th commandment that could fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycle?

3. If there are many different kinds of annual ceremonial sabbaths connected to the new moons and feast days that can fall on any day of the week as shown above and if the context of Colossians 2:16 is to the shadow sabbaths v17 and the new moons in the annual feast days what sabbaths do you think Colossians 2 is talking about?

Look forward to your response here...
Hello LGW, God already had a plan for salvation and His Son was the Saviour way before creation. God knew that mankind will fail...

1Peter 1:18-20...For you know that it was Not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down by your ancestors, But with the precious Blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen BEFORE the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake...

God already knew that His son will redeem mankind by His own blood. The question is, redeemed from what? Isn’t it from Sin?

are you still talking about Lords festival with sabbath days in Leviticus 23?

• Optimistic
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually as posted earlier that is not true. JESUS says that the Sabbath was made for mankind in MARK 2:27. God Word says that God made mankind on the sixth day of creation in GENESIS 1:26-31. God's Word, not mine says that God made the Sabbath for mankind on the "seventh day" of the creation week where God "blessed" the "seventh day" and made the "seventh day" a "Holy day of rest" in GENESIS 2:1-3. God did not make the Sabbath for mankind for mankind not to keep it as a Holy day of rest. There was no ISRAEL, no JEW and no Moses when the Sabbath was man for mankind according to the scriptures, only Adam and Eve who walked and talked with God before they sinned and before God's plan of salvation was given to mankind because there was no sin when the Sabbath was made for man.
Mark 2:27 never mentioned it was the 7th day sabbath...is just “ sabbath” means rest..God rest from His works on the 7th day...But we rest from our work on the day called “today”...

if you believe the gospel then you enter into His rest..it doesn’t means you believe the gospel only on every 7th day of each week..that why “today” is not pointed to any given day of the week..Hebrews 4

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm what? God's 4th commandment is not an annual sabbath it is a weekly Sabbath that is not a shadow as it points backward not forward "REMEMBER" EXODUS 20:8-11. God's 4th commandments is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken according to the new covenant scriptures *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11. (God's Word not mine). It is the annual sabbaths in the feast days that are no more not the weekly Sabbath which is every "seventh day" of the week and which is God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken.
Hello LGW, if you read Colossians 2:16 again the word annual festivals is Not mentioned it just says “religious festivals”, sabbath day, new moon etc..so whether is weekly or monthly or annual festivals or sabbath day they are All shadows But the realities is found in Christ...

I think you’re choosing verses and leave others out as in Leviticus 23

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am glad to, but when will you provide the common kindness of answering the questions I have asked you?

Malachi 2:4 (NIV) And you will know that I have sent you this warning so that my covenant with Levi may continue,” says the LORD Almighty.

Malachi 2:5 (NIV) My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. (Ex. 32:26, look it up)

The NIV is known and considered by many to be a very poor translation, and I agree with them. That is why I posted so many different ones so you might consider that almost every translation written tells us the Covenant God gave Israel, was Separate from the Priesthood Covenant God gave Levi. But even the NIV authors was not allowed by God to alter HIS Truth in this matter.

Duet. 10: Deuteronomy 10:8 (NIV) At that time the LORD set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the covenant of the LORD, to stand before the LORD to minister and to pronounce blessings in his name, as they still do today.

Deuteronomy 10:9 (NIV) That is why the Levites have no share or inheritance among their fellow Israelites; the LORD is their inheritance, as the LORD your God told them.)

Levi was Separated from the Covenant God gave to Israel, and given the Priesthood Covenant as EVERY Translation ever printed clearly shows.

The reason why you are not taught this truth is explained by Jesus Himself.

Matthew 24:5 (NIV) For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I (Jesus) am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

But as you can see, even in the NIV, it is written that God Separated Levi from all the other peoples of the world, and gave him a Specific Covenant "Till the Seed should come".

But Levi became partial in the Law and Broke God's Priesthood Covenant.

Mal. 2: Malachi 2:8 (NIV) But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi,” says the LORD Almighty.

So even the NIV tells us God made a Covenant with Levi.

So what does even the NIV tell us this same Christ did?

Hebrews 8:7 (NIV) For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.

Hebrews 8:8 (NIV) But God found fault with the people (Levite Shepherds which caused people to go astray) and said : “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

And how did this Same Christ define HIS OWN NEW Covenant?

Jeremiah 31:33 (NIV) “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

How is this different from the old covenant God made on Israel's behalf? It was required by the Priesthood Covenant God gave Levi, to go to a Levite Priest to even hear the Word's of God. But now Jesus is our High Priest, we no longer need to rely on Preachers to define His Word's for us. We each have God's Word in our own homes. Even the NIV was not allowed to alter this truth.

Jeremiah 31:34 (NIV) No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

How were sins forgiven before this?

It was required by the Priesthood Covenant God gave Levi, that a man who sinned must go find a Levite Priest and take an animal to him, and he would perform sacrificial "works", and make an atonement for this man's sin. There was no other way "Till the Seed Came.

The NEW Covenant was this same Christ becoming the High Priest, thus "Changing" the Covenant God made with Levi on how God's Laws were administered, and how transgressions of these Laws were atoned for.

There is nothing which indicates God "changed" His Laws, Commandments or Statutes given to Israel. That religious philosophy is a teaching of religious men who "come in His Name", who call Him Lord, Lord, but do not what HE says.

So here you are. I posted the Holy Word's of God from your own new age translation, and it clearly states that God "Separated Levites from ALL the Peoples of the world, and gave them an exclusive Covenant which the Christ Himself said pertained only to "HOW" God's Laws are administered, and "How" transgressions of HIS Laws were atoned for.

If you can provide Scriptures which void this understanding, please provide them. If you simply don't believe these Holy Scriptures, well, that is also very common among religious men as well. At least according to the God of the Bible.

I hope you might consider these Words of the Holy Scriptures from your own translation. The Truth matters.
Thank you Studyman, the passage you quoted (Malachi 2:4) never mentioned the Levi has a “separate” covenant from the Sinai covenant In which Moses was the mediator. But it shows that the Levi were set apart (Consecrated) From the children of Israel to serve as Priest in the sanctuary ...Exodus 28, 29,30 etc..In which God has given laws for offering and sacrifices etc to perform in the sanctuary.

So who are the mediator of the Levi covenant isn’t Moses, the same mediator of the Old covenant ? God always spoke to Moses regarding everything in which Aaron and his sons will need to do to serve God as Priest..

What question again you’re asking?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW, God already had a plan for salvation and His Son was the Saviour way before creation. God knew that mankind will fail...

1Peter 1:18-20...For you know that it was Not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down by your ancestors, But with the precious Blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen BEFORE the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake...

God already knew that His son will redeem mankind by His own blood. The question is, redeemed from what? Isn’t it from Sin?

are you still talking about Lords festival with sabbath days in Leviticus 23?

Hello pasifika, Gods plan of salvation was never an after thought. God knowing the end from the beginning had foreknowledge that mankind would fall into sin and would choose to believe the serpent's lies in the garden of Eden *GENESIS 3:1-7. So how does God knowing the end from the beginning and being prepared with a plan of salvation do away with the fact that JESUS made the Sabbath for all mankind on the "seventh day" of the creation week before sin entered the world when there was no sin and no plan of salvation needed for mankind who had not sinned and was in perfect harmony with God? - So what you have posted here in this post is not relevant is it? How does your post here answer any of the questions asked of you? - It doesn't. Did you want to have another go at answering the questions asked of you? I am happy to answer them for you if you do not know the answers. Just let me know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Mark 2:27 never mentioned it was the 7th day sabbath...is just “ sabbath” means rest..God rest from His works on the 7th day...But we rest from our work on the day called “today”...

if you believe the gospel then you enter into His rest..it doesn’t means you believe the gospel only on every 7th day of each week..that why “today” is not pointed to any given day of the week..Hebrews 4
Hello pasifika,

There is only one definition of God's 4th commandment Sabbath...

EXODUS 20:10, But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...

The context of MARK 2:27-28 is in reference to God's 4th commandment which the Pharisees were accusing JESUS of breaking. (See MARK 2:24-28 and the comparative gospel of MATTHEW 12:1-12 in the same situation told by Matthew)

No one believes "the gospel" if they do not believe and follow what God's Word says (see HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4). No one has said you must only believe the gospel every seventh day so I do not understand why you are saying this. If no one has said this what are you pretending that they have?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW, if you read Colossians 2:16 again the word annual festivals is Not mentioned it just says “religious festivals”, sabbath day, new moon etc..so whether is weekly or monthly or annual festivals or sabbath day they are All shadows But the realities is found in Christ...

The feast days or festivals of the old covenant were annual festivals *EXODUS 23:14; DEUTERONOMY 16:16 and not weekly. The context of everything that PAUL was writing in COLOSSIANS 2 is to the Mosaic ceremonial laws that were shadows of things to come in the new covenant.

Notice that the context of COLOSSIANS 2:11-14 is in reference to circumcision, baptism, ceremonial laws in ordinances then in COLOSSIANS 2:16 Paul is stating not to let anyone judge you in relation to meat and drink and to new moons and festivals and their sabbaths which in v17 are a shadow of things to come. In COLOSSIANS 2:16 Paul is quoting from EZEKIEL 45. Let's look at the comparison between the scriptures where you will see they are referring to the sabbaths in the "feast days"...

COLOSSIANS 2:16 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in (1) MEAT, or in (2) DRINK, or in respect of an (3) HOLYDAY (G1859 ἑορτή; heortē means festival or feast), or of the (4) NEW MOON, or of the (5) SABBATH DAYS <plural>

Paul is quoting from the old testament scriptures...

EZEKIEL 45:17 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and (1) MEAT offerings, and (2) DRINK offerings, in the (3) FEASTS, and in the (4) NEW MOONS, and in the (5) SABBATH DAYS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

All CONTEXT and points 1-5 match perfectly. Here is a scripture, same exact order as Col.2 [16], MEAT offerings, and DRINK offerings, FEASTS, NEW MOON, and in the SABBATHS.

Now look at EZEKIEL 45:18-25 you will see that the context of all the above is identical to COLOSSIANS 2:16 and is referring to annual feast days and their new moons (first of the month) meat and drink offerings and the annual ceremonial sabbaths in the annual feast days...

Both COLOSSIANS 2:16 and EZEKIEL 45:17-25 are in reference to the annual feast days and new moons, meat and drink offerings and their annual sabbaths being a shadow of things to come not God's 4th commandments which is eternal and cannot be a shadow law as it points backward and not forward to things to come "REMEMBER" and was made before sin and before God's plan of salvation was given and needed for mankind as there was no sin when the Sabbath was made for man.

It is the annual sabbaths that are fulfilled in the new not God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7.

QUESTION for your consideration if you disagree with the above scriptures...

1. How can God's 4th commandment "seventh day" Sabbath which God made on the "seventh day" of creation *GENESIS 2:1-3 be a "SHADOW LAW" when there was NO SHADOW LAWS and no sin when mankind was in perfect harmony with God and talked face to face with God and no need of God's plan of salvation because mankind had not sinned?

2. How can God's 4th commandment Sabbath by a "SHADOW LAW" when it is a part of the "FINISHED WORK" of the creation week *GENESIS 2:1-3 and points "BACKWARDS" as a "MEMORIAL" of creation *EXODUS 20:8 and NOT "FORWARDS" to things to come?

Now pasifika, you have by God's grace already been proven wrong on three topics so far that you now accept and believe and by God's blessing and grace he has helped you and you have received these corrections. I believe you have been blessed to have a closer walk with JESUS right? My prayer for you dear brother is that you may also consider these scriptures and God may once again bless you so you can have a closer walk with him by believing and following his Word.

Look forward to your response.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello pasifika, Gods plan of salvation was never an after thought. God knowing the end from the beginning had foreknowledge that mankind would fall into sin and would choose to believe the serpent's lies in the garden of Eden *GENESIS 3:1-7. So how does God knowing the end from the beginning and being prepared with a plan of salvation do away with the fact that JESUS made the Sabbath for all mankind on the "seventh day" of the creation week before sin entered the world when there was no sin and no plan of salvation needed for mankind who had not sinned and was in perfect harmony with God? - So what you have posted here in this post is not relevant is it? How does your post here answer any of the questions asked of you? - It doesn't. Did you want to have another go at answering the questions asked of you? I am happy to answer them for you if you do not know the answers. Just let me know.
Hello LGW, Yes the sabbath was made for mankind But Not the 7th day But “today”..
I don’t know what to say maybe you try to squeeze in your theology But we have the Holy Spirit to teach each other...
But you are free to share your theology..

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW, Yes the sabbath was made for mankind But Not the 7th day But “today”..
I don’t know what to say maybe you try to squeeze in your theology But we have the Holy Spirit to teach each other...
But you are free to share your theology..
Hmmm.... what? Sorry pasifika, I do not understand what your talking about here you may need to explain yourself a little more..There is only one definition of God's 4th commandment Sabbath according to the scriptures... EXODUS 20:10, But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello pasifika,

There is only one definition of God's 4th commandment Sabbath...

EXODUS 20:10, But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...

The context of MARK 2:27-28 is in reference to God's 4th commandment which the Pharisees were accusing JESUS of breaking. (See MARK 2:24-28 and the comparative gospel of MATTHEW 12:1-12 in the same situation told by Matthew)

No one believes "the gospel" if they do not believe and follow what God's Word says (see HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4). No one has said you must only believe the gospel every seventh day so I do not understand why you are saying this. If no one has said this what are you pretending that they have?

Hope this helps.
Hello LGW, yes the Pharisees accused Jesus and His disciple for breaking the Sabbath ( 7th day)...But Jesus reply never pointed the Sabbath for man as the 7th day...
“The sabbath was made for man”...means the rest was made for man...
Rest from what? Rest from work...then what is our work that God given to us? Our work from God is to Believe in the One He sent...John 6:29

When you believe then you enter into His Rest just as He rested after His works in creation...Hebrews 4..

Yes the Seventh Day Is the Sabbath of the Lord that is very clear..is Not our Sabbath because we are Not the Lord We are His people So our Sabbath is the day called “Today”...

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm.... what? Sorry pasifika, I do not understand what your talking about here you may need to explain yourself a little more..There is only one definition of God's 4th commandment Sabbath according to the scriptures... EXODUS 20:10, But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...
Well you just have to read Hebrew 4 and see the sabbath for Gods people...The 7th day Sabbath belongs to the Lord it His Sabbath in which He rested after creation We are Not the Lord..Jesus is the Lord..and the 7th day sabbath is His..” The Son of man is Lord on the Sabbath “...it was given to Israel as sign between God n them and Jesus was that sign...He is the Son of God and God Himself who rested on the 7th day in creation..

Our Sabbath is the day called “Today”....Read Hebrew 4 in depth..

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW, yes the Pharisees accused Jesus and His disciple for breaking the Sabbath ( 7th day)...But Jesus reply never pointed the Sabbath for man as the 7th day...
“The sabbath was made for man”...means the rest was made for man...
Rest from what? Rest from work...then what is our work that God given to us? Our work from God is to Believe in the One He sent...John 6:29

When you believe then you enter into His Rest just as He rested after His works in creation...Hebrews 4..

Yes the Seventh Day Is the Sabbath of the Lord that is very clear..is Not our Sabbath because we are Not the Lord We are His people So our Sabbath is the day called “Today”...

Nope. The context of MARK 2:27-28 is the seventh day Sabbath of God's 4th commandment of which the Pharisees were accusing JESUS of breaking. JESUS response that the "Sabbath was made for man and he is the Lord of it is talking about the seventh day Sabbath of God's 4th commandment *MATTHEW 12:1-12; MARK 2:27-28

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well you just have to read Hebrew 4 and see the sabbath for Gods people...The 7th day Sabbath belongs to the Lord it His Sabbath in which He rested after creation We are Not the Lord..Jesus is the Lord..and the 7th day sabbath is His..” The Son of man is Lord on the Sabbath “...it was given to Israel as sign between God n them and Jesus was that sign...He is the Son of God and God Himself who rested on the 7th day in creation..

Our Sabbath is the day called “Today”....Read Hebrew 4 in depth..

Already did this one remember? We went through HEBREWS 4 scripture by scripture to show that the context is to God's seventh day Sabbath rest in post # 1900 linked. Your response was to ignore the scriptures shared with you....

In Hebrews 4 the context in HEBREWS 4:1-5 is God's rest being the "seventh day" of creation leading to the Sabbath still being a requirement for the people of God in v9.

HEBREWS 4:1-11
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST: ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.
[5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST.

NOTE: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD enter into that rest which God's WORD defines as the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is GOD'S REST! Let's continue...

6], Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
[7], Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
[8], For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
[9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Hebrews 4, verse 9: “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

[10], For he that is entered into HIS REST (v9 God's SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11], LET US LABOR THEREFORE TO ENTER INTO THAT REST (God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST), lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief (HEBREWS 3).

CONCLUSION
: HEBREWS 4 is talking about the Gospel rest of BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD; v29 Learn of me; v30 my burden (doing) is light. This agrees with Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. HEBREWS 4:1-11 is in reference to GOD'S REST which God's WORD defines is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is the CONTEXT shown in HEBREWS 4:1-5. HEBREWS 4 therefore with context added is saying that no one enter God's Sabbath rest if they do not BELIEVE AND FOLLOW God's WORD.

HEBREWS 4:9 [9] SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

There is only one biblical definition of God's 4th commandment Sabbath and that is the "the seventh day" of the week *EXODUS 20:10; GENESIS 2:1-3 and JESUS is the Lord of the Sabbath that he says he made for all mankind *MARK 2:27-28

Time to pray and look a little deeper dear friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God did not make the Sabbath on the seventh day. He alone rested on that day. There is nothing about it being perpetual and it is a blatant untruth to try to place the beginning of the Sabbath at the end of the six days of creation. It is also a blatant lie to tell us that creation didn't end on the sixth day. If you cannot understand Gen 2:1 "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, along with everything in them. 2 On the seventh day God was finished with his work which he had made, so he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." then there is something wrong with perception.

The Sabbath began after passing through the Red Sea, Ex 16. The bread of life began the eve of the rest in Christ. Both were signs the Bread of Life and Rest in Him the two are inseparable. Without the bread of life they would have perished and without the giver of life they would perish. Both the manna and the Sabbath represented Jesus Christ. The manna ended when Israel entered into the land of milk and honey. They continued to be fed by Jesus only after entering into Canaan Jesus had their food waiting for them. The manna became a shadow of what was waiting for them in Canaan. The Sabbath continued to represent rest in Jesus until Jesus fulfilled the Law which contained the Sabbath. The Sabbath then became a shadow also. Israel's real rest came to Earth and gave each one of us His rest. His rest is today not one day a week. No wonder Paul wrote Col 2:16-17 CJB 16 So don’t let anyone pass judgment on you in connection with eating and drinking, or in regard to a Jewish festival or Rosh-Hodesh or Shabbat. 17 These are a shadow of things that are coming, but the body is of the Messiah.

• Agree
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
WHY DID GOD MAKE THE SABBATH?

Let's start with the scriptures showing when God made the seventh day Sabbath and see why it was made and who it was made for and connect all the scriptures starting in GENESIS...

WHERE IS THE SABBATH IN GENESIS 2:1-3?

GOD's 4th Commandment is refering to GENESIS 2:1-3 in EXODUS 20:8-11.

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: because that in it he had RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made.

Links to God’s 4th Commandment

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY [Made Holy at creation GENESIS 2:3]. [9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: [10], But THE SEVENTH DAY [ Genesis 2:1-3] IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD : in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: [WHY?] [11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY; WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY. [Refering to GENESIS 2:1-3]

Look at the HEBREW WORD meanings again...

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: because that in it he had RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made.

The Hebrew word for RESTED used here is שׁבת; shâbath (H7673). It's meaning is; to repose, that is, desist from exertion; used in many implied relations (causatively, figuratively or specifically): - (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, KEEP SABBATH, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

שׁבת; shâbath or REST (H7673) is the ORIGIN or ROOT word for שׁבּת; shabbâth (H7676) which is used in God's 4th commandments translated into english as SABBATH. The HEBREW Word for shabbâth meaing is the intermission between SABBATHS or shâbath (H7673) REST or the continuation meaing from one SABBATH REST to the Next SABBATH REST continuation or EVERY SABBATH. It's application is in God's 4th commandment EXODUS 20:8 is to REMEMBER [EVERY] Sabbath [shabbâth H7676].

In the 4th commandment *EXODUS 20:8-11; v11 tells us the ORIGINS of God's 4th commandments Sabbath is in reference to GENESIS 2:1-3 and the reason why it is given as a memorial of Greation to whorship God as the creator of Heaven and Earth.

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong - H7673

REST from GENESIS 2:1-3 שׁבת shâbath A primitive root; to REPOSE, that is, desist from exertion; used in many implied relations (causatively, figuratively or specifically): - (cause to, let, make to) cease, CELEBRATE, cause (make) to fail, KEEP SABBATH, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) REST, rid, still, take away.

"REST" here is the root word verb for SABBATH KEEPING. SABBATH is the noun of what is being kept.

Note here in GENESIS 2:1-3 that it was in the creation week when God had finished his creation in six days that He rested on the SEVENTH DAY of the week from all His Work that he had made and He "SET APART" the seventh day of the week and "BLESSED" the seventh day" and made the seventh day a "HOLY DAY" of rest. The seventh day SABBATH therefore according to the scriptures is "GOD'S REST"

In the Hebrew the word for "REST" used in GENESIS 2:1-3 is the root word of "SABBATH which is a noun or discription of what is being RESTED. The Hebrew word used here for "REST" is the verb for Sabbath keeping while the Hebrew word for Sabbath is simply the noun of what is being kept by "RESTING". The verb REST or RESTING is how the SABBATH is kept (שׁבת; shâbath (H7673).

The word RESTED used above in Genesis 2 is the root word used in the 4th Commandment. This word means to "KEEP SABBATH". This is how the Sabbath is kept holy. It means to desist from exertion [context is work or ending work and blessing and making the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY].

The reason why the SABBATH was made was not because God needed rest but for mankind to remember and celebrate God as the God of creation. JESUS in His own Words as the God of creation says this in His own words here...

MARK 2:27 [27], And he said to them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN and not man for the Sabbath.

The Greek word used here for MAN is G444 ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos From G435 and ὤψ ōps (the countenance ; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.

JESUS tells has that the Sabbath was made for mankind on the "SEVENTH DAY" of the creation week. JESUS is the LORD of the SABBATH *MARK 2:28 and commands His people to "REMEMBER" the Sabbath which is the "SEVENTH DAY" of the week and to keep the "SEVENTH DAY" of the week as a "HOLY DAY OF REST" as a memorial of creation and a celebration of JESUS as the God of creation in EXODUS 20:8-11.

Lets look at the links in God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments to GENESIS 2:1-3 of when the seventh day Sabbath was created and link this back to the new testament scriptures...

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> [Because JESUS made it a Holy day of rest for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day] [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God [This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK]: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

The reason for the Sabbath Commandment is to REMEMBER the God of creation. He rested on the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK, BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK and made it a HOLY DAY that no work is to be done. v11 Refers back to Genesis 2:1-3 and the origin of the Sabbath. v8 shows that this commandment is a MEMORIAL of creation v11 [the reason for the 4th commandment].

Summary of the above is simply that GENESIS 2:1-3 is the origin of when God made the Sabbath for all mankind according to the words of JESUS. RESTING on the Sabbath from our work is SABBATH KEEPING or how the Sabbath is kept. As we from the heart obey Gods' 4th commandment we enter into Gods' REST of the "seventh day Sabbath"

GENESIS 2:1-3 is INDEED the ORIGIN of the SABBATH (First Sabbath). It is the SEVENTH DAY of creation that God blessed, set apart and made a HOLY DAY for all mankind. Nearly every section of GENESIS 2:1-3 is repeated in EXODUS 20:8-11 of God's 4th commandment as the reason why we are to REMEMBER God's Sabbath.

This links directly into the new testament scriptures of believing the gospel of our Lord JESUS Christ here...

[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST: ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.

NOTE
: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD enter into that rest which God's WORD defines as the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is GOD'S REST!

CONCLUSION
: God made the Sabbath on the seventh day of the creation week *GENESIS 2:1-3 for all mankind *MARK 2:27-28 as a memorial of creation *EXODUS 20:8 and a celebration of God as the creator of heaven and earth. The Sabbath is a sign *EZEKIEL 20:12 that we are God's people and we worship and follow the creator of heaven and earth. The Hebrew words for rest in GENESIS is the verb and root word of sabbath and means to "KEEP THE SABBATH". Rest is now the Sabbath is kept Holy. GENESIS 2:1-3 is the first Sabbath that God rested on and HEBREWS 4 shows it is God's rest and God's Sabbath that we enter into if we believe and follow God's Word. The origin of the Sabbath is in GENESIS 2:1-3 which is also outlined in God's 4th commandment that points back to creation *EXODUS 20:8-11.

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH

God's Word tells us not to listen to those who try and teach us to break God's commandments.. 1 JOHN 2:3-4 [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.[4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath began after passing through the Red Sea, Ex 16. The bread of life began the eve of the rest in Christ. Both were signs the Bread of Life and Rest in Him the two are inseparable. Without the bread of life they would have perished and without the giver of life they would perish. Both the manna and the Sabbath represented Jesus Christ. The manna ended when Israel entered into the land of milk and honey. They continued to be fed by Jesus only after entering into Canaan Jesus had their food waiting for them. The manna became a shadow of what was waiting for them in Canaan. The Sabbath continued to represent rest in Jesus until Jesus fulfilled the Law which contained the Sabbath. The Sabbath then became a shadow also. Israel's real rest came to Earth and gave each one of us His rest. His rest is today not one day a week. No wonder Paul wrote Col 2:16-17 CJB 16 So don’t let anyone pass judgment on you in connection with eating and drinking, or in regard to a Jewish festival or Rosh-Hodesh or Shabbat. 17 These are a shadow of things that are coming, but the body is of the Messiah.
Hello Bob, God's 4th commandment is not a shadow sabbath and Colossians 2:16 is in reference to the annual ceremonial sabbaths in the annual feast days, not God's 4th commandment. Scripture proofs have already been provided in post # 1909 linked. If you disagree please address the scriptures and questions in the linked post already provided so we can discuss it. Look forward to your response.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Already did this one remember? We went through HEBREWS 4 scripture by scripture to show that the context is to God's seventh day Sabbath rest in post # 1900 linked. Your response was to ignore the scriptures shared with you....

In Hebrews 4 the context in HEBREWS 4:1-5 is God's rest being the "seventh day" of creation leading to the Sabbath still being a requirement for the people of God in v9.

NOTE: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD enter into that rest which God's WORD defines as the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is GOD'S REST! Let's continue...

6], Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
[7], Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
[8], For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
[9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Hebrews 4, verse 9: “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

[10], For he that is entered into HIS REST (v9 God's SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11], LET US LABOR THEREFORE TO ENTER INTO THAT REST (God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST), lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief (HEBREWS 3).

CONCLUSION
: HEBREWS 4 is talking about the Gospel rest of BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD; v29 Learn of me; v30 my burden (doing) is light. This agrees with Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. HEBREWS 4:1-11 is in reference to GOD'S REST which God's WORD defines is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is the CONTEXT shown in HEBREWS 4:1-5. HEBREWS 4 therefore with context added is saying that no one enter God's Sabbath rest if they do not BELIEVE AND FOLLOW God's WORD.

HEBREWS 4:9 [9] SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

There is only one biblical definition of God's 4th commandment Sabbath and that is the "the seventh day" of the week *EXODUS 20:10; GENESIS 2:1-3 and JESUS is the Lord of the Sabbath that he says he made for all mankind *MARK 2:27-28

Time to pray and look a little deeper dear friend.
Hello LGW, I think you misquoted Hebrews 4:3 & Hebrews 4:5....it should read like this; Hebrews 4:3...so I declared on oath in my anger “ they shall Never enter my Rest
You left out the word “Never” because it will make a different meaning to the passage above...

Did you know which Gods rest is mentioned Above? That they shall never enter into?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW, I think you misquoted Hebrews 4:3 & Hebrews 4:5....it should read like this; Hebrews 4:3...so I declared on oath in my anger “ they shall Never enter my Rest

Did you know which Gods rest is mentioned Above? That they shall never enter into?

Nope there is no misquotation. HEBREWS 4:1-5 is talking about God's rest which is the seventh day Sabbath of GENESIS 2:1-3 and EXODUS 20:8-11.

HEBREWS 4:1-5 (KJV)
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENESIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.

NOTE: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD enter into that rest which God's WORD defines as the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is GOD'S REST!

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.