Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We shall see what God has to say about it.

I win again.

Depends if you believe God's Word or not. Where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? - there is none.

Upvote 0

Gry9293

Sep 10, 2020
la
✟516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Depends if you believe God's Word or not. Where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?
The commandments of God are written in my heart.
The scriptures were then, this is now.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The commandments of God are written in my heart.
The commandments of God are not written in our hearts if we are knowingly breaking them as those who are born of God do not practice sin according to the scriptures. *1 JOHN 3:6-9.
The scriptures were then, this is now.
Do you not believe the scriptures are for now dear friend?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gry9293

Sep 10, 2020
la
✟516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The commandments of God are not written in our hearts if we are knowingly breaking them as those who are born of God do not practice sin according to the scriptures. *1 JOHN 3:6-9. Do you not believe the scriptures?
I did not say they were written in your heart because they are not.
I said they were written in my heart.

The scriptures was then and this is now...do you not believe it?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did not say they were written in your heart because they are not. I said they were written in my heart. The scriptures was then and this is now...do you not believe it?
I will let God be my judge dear friend. We are not to judge others *ROMANS 2:1-13. Love is the fruit of the Spirit which establishes Gods law in those who believe ROMANS 13:8-10; HEBREWS 8:10-12. Jesus says you shall know them by their fruits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gry9293

Sep 10, 2020
la
✟516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sin according to the scriptures is breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4.
You do not obey all the commandments yourself
in fact you do not obey any of them without fail.

Save your preaching for yourself.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You do not obey all the commandments yourself in fact you do not obey any of them without fail.
Save your preaching for yourself.

I never said we can obey Gods law by ourselves if we did we would not need a Savior. We need a new heart to love before we can be born again and made free to walk in God's Spirit. This is God's work in all those who believe and follow his Word *HEBREWS 8:10-12; GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 8:1-4.

God's sheep hear His Voice and follow him *JOHN 10:26-27.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I did not say they were written in your heart because they are not. I said they were written in my heart. The scriptures was then and this is now...do you not believe it?
Brother, do you "love the truth"?

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. (2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gry9293

Sep 10, 2020
la
✟516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, do you "love the truth"?

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. (2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 NIV)​

Are you talking to me?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Are you talking to me?
Brother, God created the Sabbath on the seventh day. The Sabbath is not a day of the week in Israel, where it falls between two days. Taking the "night" of the six-day and the "day" of the seventh day. Tell me Gry9293! When did God make "the Sabbath" "holy"?

Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. (Exodus 20:8-11 NIV)​

Upvote 0

Gry9293

Sep 10, 2020
la
✟516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, God created the Sabbath on the seventh day. The Sabbath is not a day of the week in Israel, where it falls between two days. Taking the "night" of the six-day and the "day" of the seventh day. Tell me Gry9293! When did God make "the Sabbath" "holy"?

Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. (Exodus 20:8-11 NIV)​

Are you talking to me?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Are you talking to me?
Brother, the Ten Commandments are not eliminated but "surpassed". The "surpassing glory" of the new covenant surpasses the former "glory" of the Ten Commandments. "Surpassing" means more than not less than the Ten Commandments.

Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts! (2 Corinthians 3:7-11 NIV)​

Upvote 0

Gry9293

Sep 10, 2020
la
✟516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, the Ten Commandments are not eliminated but "surpassed". The "surpassing glory" of the new covenant surpasses the former "glory" of the Ten Commandments. "Surpassing" means more than not less than the Ten Commandments.

Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts! (2 Corinthians 3:7-11 NIV)​

Tell me something...just who do you think you are that you can preach to me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Tell me something...just who do you think you are that you can preach to me?
Brother, are you wise? Will you love me or hate me?

Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you. (Proverbs 9:8 NIV)​

The one who wrote the Ten Commandments with His finger is Jesus before the incarnation. The problem with your definition of love is that it excludes the Ten Commandments of Jesus before the incarnation. Your definition of love is insufficient to meet Jesus' requirements.

There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death. (Proverbs 14:12 NIV)​

Jesus wants His commandments kept! Will you do what He asks of you?

If you love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:15 NKJV)​

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not going to speculate with you
Show me where it is written that God gave Adam and Eve
any other commandment other than the
one about eating from the tree.

Show me.

Gen. 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

All this creation was already done, Adam and Eve were already created when God gave these instructions. When God created the 7th day and rested, Adam and Eve were there. That is not speculation. When God Sanctified this day as Holy, and set it apart from the other 6 days, Adam and Eve were there. That is not speculation.

It is Un-Scriptural to preach that God only gave His Creation one instruction, that was limited to the forbidden fruit as the Scriptures I posted clearly show.

It is speculation to preach that God only spoke the Words that are recorded to Adam and Eve, and no other Word's were spoken.

It is not speculation that God created this 7th Day for man as the Creator of the 7th Day clearly, plainly tells us, in the person of Jesus.

Did Adam consider the 7th day Holy, as did the God who blessed him? It doesn't say, but we know Adam and Eve knew about the Sabbath because it was created after God had Blessed them.

Did Adam and Eve reject or ignore the sanctification of the 7th Day as do so "many" through out man's history?

It is Speculation to say one way or the other. But I "ASSUME" that unless the serpent convinced them to reject God's Sabbath, they would have given God the respect HE deserves concerning this Sanctified day.

Upvote 0

Gry9293

Sep 10, 2020
la
✟516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All this creation was already done, Adam and Eve were already created when God gave these instructions. When God created the 7th day and rested, Adam and Eve were there. That is not speculation. When God Sanctified this day as Holy, and set it apart from the other 6 days, Adam and Eve were there. That is not speculation.

It is Un-Scriptural to preach that God only gave His Creation one instruction, that was limited to the forbidden fruit as the Scriptures I posted clearly show.

It is speculation to preach that God only spoke the Words that are recorded to Adam and Eve, and no other Word's were spoken.

It is not speculation that God created this 7th Day for man as the Creator of the 7th Day clearly, plainly tells us, in the person of Jesus.

Did Adam consider the 7th day Holy, as did the God who blessed him? It doesn't say, but we know Adam and Eve knew about the Sabbath because it was created after God had Blessed them.

Did Adam and Eve reject or ignore the sanctification of the 7th Day as do so "many" through out man's history?

It is Speculation to say one way or the other. But I "ASSUME" that unless the serpent convinced them to reject God's Sabbath, they would have given God the respect HE deserves concerning this Sanctified day.
Blah blah blah and more blah blah.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not say they were written in your heart because they are not.
I said they were written in my heart.

The scriptures was then and this is now...do you not believe it?

Paul said the Scriptures were written for us, not them.

1 Cor. 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Didn't these Examples, that the Christ had written for our admonition, show us how the Christ feels about men who lust after rejecting His Sabbaths, His Commandments, His instructions?

If a man loves God, why would they treat Him with so much disrespect? The men that fell in the wilderness dishonored God's Sabbaths and it seems pretty clear that HE doesn't like it. Why would I study the Scriptures Paul said to study, and then treat the Christ of the Bible the same way those who were rejected treated Him?

where is it written that God writes His Laws on the hearts of men who call Him Lord, Lord, but do not what HE says?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.