Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. Wherever I'm placed, I work for the Lord and in whatever i do, i do as unto the Lord. If I'm going to office on a Monday it is because that the Lord will use me as a light to bring others to Christ. My primary task in any office is not my business but to be a tool in God's hand as a worker first in His kingdom, for His business. So what if on a Saturday i went to work to be a light among the darkness and draw others to Christ through my work because I love the Lord? Please let me know. Thank you.

Hi Gospels your welcome. JESUS teachings about the Sabbath is that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath *MATTHEW 12:1-12. We are not however to be going about doing our own business and domestic work according to God's 4th commandment as we have six days for this *EXODUS 20:8-11. The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. It is God's 4th commandment where we are to set aside this day as a Holy day of rest and remember the God of creation (JESUS). It is a day of rest and a celebration of God as the creator of heaven and earth. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath. It is not lawful to break it and forget it according to the scriptures.

May God bless you as you receive His Words.

Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No doubt that the Law defines what sin is - and declares the lost person to be in need of salvation or else face the second death.

That is the role of the LAW for the lost.

But the role of the law for the saved Rom 3:31 is that "we establish the LAW" because it is "written on heart and mind" Heb 8:6-11

All that is done through faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ who is our sabbath rest. For we who have believed do enter into rest through FAITH.

Hebrews 4:3 (KJV)

3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

We enter into Jesus by faith who is the Lord of the sabbath and he is our rest not a Saturday.

Matthew 12:8 (KJV)

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.​

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No doubt that the Law defines what sin is - and declares the lost person to be in need of salvation or else face the second death.

But the role of the law for the saved Rom 3:31 is that "we establish the LAW" because it is "written on heart and mind" Heb 8:6-11

Yep good post Bob, sorry I cannot rate you here as I am not able to rate anyone for some reason in this thread.

God bless.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All that is done through faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ who is our sabbath rest. For we who have believed do enter into rest through FAITH.
Hebrews 4:3 (KJV)

3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.​

According to HEBREWS 4:1-5 God's rest (MY REST) is defined as the "SEVENTH DAY" Sabbath of creation.

The CONTEXT that you ignore here is HEBREWS 4:1-5 which is discussing GOD'S REST the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH with reference back to GENENSIS 2:1-3. That is the REST we are to enter into. Those that did not enter into GOD'S REST (SEVENTH DAY SABBATH) did not enter into God's REST because of SIN and UNBELIEF in the gosple of God's WORD.

HEBREWS 4:1-11
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST: ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.
[5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST.

NOTE
: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD enter into that rest which God's WORD defines as the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is GOD'S REST! Let's continue...

6], Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
[7], Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
[8], For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
[9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismos means “a keeping of the Sabbath (noun).” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.” Sabbatizo is the verb form of sabbatismos

[10], For he that is entered into HIS REST (v9 God's SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.[11], LET US LABOR THEREFORE TO ENTER INTO THAT REST (God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST), lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief (HEBREWS 3).

CONCLUSION
: HEBREWS 4 is talking about the Gospel rest of BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD; v29 Learn of me; v30 my burden (doing) is light. This agrees with Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. HEBREWS 4:1-11 is in reference to GOD'S REST which God's WORD defines is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH which is the CONTEXT shown in HEBREWS 4:1-5. HEBREWS 4 therefore with context added is saying that no one enter God's Sabbath rest if they do not BELIEVE AND FOLLOW God's WORD.

GREEK INTERLINEAR
HEBREWS 4:9 άρα (Then) απολείπεται (there is left) σαββατισμός (a Sabbath rest) τω (to the) λαώ (people) του θεού (of God)

STRONGS LEXICON
So ἄρα (ara) Conjunction Strong's Greek 686: Then, therefore, since. Probably from airo; a particle denoting an inference more or less decisive.
there remains ἀπολείπεται (apoleipetai) Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular Strong's Greek 620: From apo and leipo; to leave behind; by implication, to forsake. a Sabbath rest σαββατισμὸς (sabbatismos) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 4520: A keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest. From a derivative of sabbaton; a 'sabbatism', i.e. the repose of Christianity. for the τῷ () Article - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the. people λαῷ (laō) Noun - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 2992: Apparently a primary word; a people.
of God. Θεοῦ (Theou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

STRONGS CONCORDENCE
sabbatismos: a sabbath rest Definition: a sabbath rest Usage (DOING): a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest.

ENGLISHMAN'S CONCORDANCE
Hebrews 4:9 N-NMS GRK: ἄρα ἀπολείπεται σαββατισμὸς τῷ λαῷ NAS: there remains a Sabbath rest for the people KJV: therefore a rest to the people INT: Then remains a sabbath rest to the people

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@BobRyan @LoveGodsWord

Hi Gospels your welcome. JESUS teachings about the Sabbath is that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath *MATTHEW 12:1-12. We are not however to be going about doing our own business and domestic work according to God's 4th commandment as we have six days for this *EXODUS 20:8-11. The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. It is God's 4th commandment where we are to set aside this day as a Holy day of rest and remember the God of creation (JESUS). It is a day of rest and a celebration of God as the creator of heaven and earth. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath. It is not lawful to break it and forget it according to the scriptures.

May God bless you as you receive His Words.

Thank you. Does that mean i should not work on a Saturday even if my only focus is to be a light and draw others to Christ? Please let me know. Thanks.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. Does that mean i should not work on a Saturday even if my only focus is to be a light and draw others to Christ? Please let me know. Thanks.

If it is something you can do any other day of the week (other 6 days) and it is your secular work you earn a living from I believe the scriptures teach you should not be working on the Sabbath. Perhaps you can read through all the scriptures shared and pray about it and ask for God's guidence?

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We see that Paul included the 10 commandments when he spoke of the law as he included the commandment thou shalt not covet.

Romans 7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

As Paul says "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19

Christ said "by their fruits you shall know them" Matt 7

All that is done through faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ

Which means that "in real life" when we go to work we do not "take God's name in vain" Ex 20:7

I have not found the text that says "Christ is our Sabbath rest so now we can ignore God's Word on that point".

Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to HEBREWS 4:1-5 God's rest (MY REST) is defined as the "SEVENTH DAY" Sabbath of creation.

Gods rest is Jesus Christ who we enter into by Faith and he is our rest on a Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday 24/7 365

Matthew 11:28-29 (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It means you cannot go to work and take God's name in vain as a Christian -- even though you claim that your only focus is to be a light and draw others to Christ.

According to John.

1 John 2
4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Gods rest is Jesus Christ who we enter into by Faith and he is our rest on a Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday 24/7 365

Matthew 11:28-29 (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

JESUS is not a Sabbath and there is no scripture that says JESUS is a Sabbath. No one enters into God's rest (seventh day Sabbath) without believing and following the Word of God (Gospel rest) *HEBREWS 4:1-9. See the scriptures provided in post # 24 linked.

According to Gods' Word the Sabbath is only ever defines as the "seventh day" of the week *MATTHEW 12:8; EXODUS 20:10.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Gods rest is Jesus Christ who we enter into by Faith and he is our rest on a Monday

We do not "rest in rebellion against God's Word"

Ex 20:6 "Love Me and keep My Commandments"
John 14:15 "if you Love Me - KEEP My Commandments"
1 John 5:2-3 "This IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments"
Rev 14:12 "The saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"
Matt 7 "by their fruits you shall know them"

Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 John 2
4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked

Please show in the NEW TESTAMENT where Jesus or any of the Apostles commanded us to do any of what your saying ? ( meaning commanding us to follow a Saturday sabbath as in the book of Exodus )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John 15:12 (KJV)

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Romans 13:9-14 (KJV)

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus is our sabbath rest by faith in him we enter into eternal rest every day by denying ourselves and picking up our cross daily if we choose to follow the gospel.

Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 15:12 (KJV)

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Romans 13:9-14 (KJV)

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Indeed. Love fulfills and establsihes Gods' LAW. That is why JESUS says on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets *MATTHEW 22L36-40
Jesus is our sabbath rest by faith in him we enter into eternal rest every day by picking up our cross daily doing his works and not our own.
No Billy there is no scripture that says JESUS is a Sabbath. According to the scriptures the SABBATH is defined as the "SEVENTH DAY" of the week.

EXODUS 20:8-11
[8], REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY (GENESIS 2:3).
[9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work:
[10], BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD (God’s Word defining what the Sabbath is; it is the seventh day; GENSIS 2:2) : in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: [11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY: WHY THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY, AND MADE IT HOLY (refers back to GENESIS 2:1-3).

Note is EXODUS 20:10 God's word defines what the Sabbath is? According to the scripture it says that THE SABBATH IS THE SEVENTH DAY!

Hope this is helpful

Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No Billy there is no scripture that says JESUS is a Sabbath. According to the scriptures the SABBATH is defined as the "SEVENTH DAY" of the week.

EXODUS 20:8-11
[8], REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY (GENESIS 2:3).
[9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work:
[10], BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD (God’s Word defining what the Sabbath is; it is the seventh day; GENSIS 2:2) : in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: [11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY: WHY THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY, AND MADE IT HOLY (refers back to GENESIS 2:1-3).

Note is EXODUS 20:10 God's word defines what the Sabbath is? According to the scripture it says that THE SABBATH IS THE SEVENTH DAY!

Hope this is helpful

Show us in Scripture where Jesus or the Apostles commanded us to keep the Saturday Sabbath day ( New Testament )

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Post the Scriptures which show them commanding new testament believers to keep a Saturday sabbath and show them following it in the new testament?

Not sure why you would ask this question as the new testament scriptures do not delete the old testament scriptures. Everything we have in the new testament comes from the old testament and together these are the two great witnesses that make up the Word of God that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation for all mankind. Everyone of God's 10 commandments are repeated in the new testament (scriptures shown here click me including God's 4th commandment).

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Show us in Scripture where Jesus or the Apostles commanded us to keep the Saturday Sabbath day

No problem...

WHAT DID JESUS AND THE APOSTLES TEACH ABOUT GOD’S LAW AND THE SABBATH?
(the scriptures below are no where near exhaustive)

Jesus taught the 10 commandments…..

1. Jesus kept God’s Law (10 commandments) and said the Law and the prophets would not pass away (Matthew 5:17-18)
2. Jesus taught others to follow the 10 commandments (Mark 10:17-21)
3. Jesus taught that Love is the fulfilling (doing) of God’s Law (10 commandments Matthew 22:36-40)
4. If we break God’s Law by following man-made traditions we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)
5. Jesus says if we commit sin we are a servant of sin and he has come to free us from sin (John 8:32-36)
6. Jesus taught if you love God you will keep God’s Law and abide in His Love (John 14:15; 15:10
7. If anyone is breaking any of God’s commandments and teaching others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven <least = lost> (Matthew 5:19)
8. No one can obey God’s Law producing the fruit of obedience of ourselves and unless we abide in Jesus we can do nothing (John 15:4-10)

Paul affirms the Ten Commandments……

1. Paul teaches God's people keep the Sabbath Hebrews 4.
2. Paul tells gentiles that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of GOD" 1 Corinthians 7:19
3. Paul tells gentiles "it is not the HEARERS of the Law that are just before God but the DOERS of the Law will be justified... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge all mankind" Romans 2:13-16
4. Paul asks that gentiles consider the doctrine of LAW "Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we establish the Law of God" Romans 3:31
5. Paul tells ALL Christians that it is only the lost who will "not subject themselves to the Law of God neither indeed CAN they" Romans 8:6-8
6 Paul reaches all Christians under the NEW Covenant that God's LAW as known in Jer 31:31-33 is "written on the heart and mind" Hebrews 8:7-11
7. Paul tells all Christians that the OT text is to be used for Doctrine 2 Timothy 3:16
AND He never claims that "if I did not write it -- it is not scripture for us today" -- as one or two have imagined for us.
8. Paul tells all Christians that the 5th commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" Ephesians 6:1-2 and is binding on all Christians.
9. God's Law (10 commandments) are holy, just and good (Romans 7:12)
10. God's Law gives us a knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20; 7:7)
11. The penalty of breaking God's Law without Jesus is death (Romans 6:23)
12. If we break God's Law we dishonor God (Romans 2:23)
13. If we sin we are "under the Law" and guilty before God (Romans 3:19)
14. We are saved by faith but our faith establishes the Law in us (Romans 3:31)
15. If we are saved by grace we should not break God's Law (Romans 6:1-7)
16. We should not break God's Law if we are under grace (Romans 6:15)
17. We are to serve the Law of God through the mind because that is where sin starts (Romans 6:17; 7:25; 8:4; 12:2)
18. It is God's Law that brings us to Jesus (Galatians 3:24)
19. God's salvation frees us from sin so we can be obedient to God's Law and live a life of holiness (Romans 6:22)
20. We will be judged by God's Law and only those that are obedient will be justified because of their faith (Romans 2:4-13)
21. God's Law can only be obeyed through love and a changed heart which comes by faith in God's Word (Romans 2:21-29; 13:9-10; Heb 8:9-10)
22. If we break God's Law and are in unrepentant sin we will be lost and will received God's judgements (Hebrews 10:26-27)

John affirms the 10 commandments……

1. John says it is only by keeping God’s 10 commandments that we know that we know God (1 John 2:3)
2. If someone says that they know God and do not keep God’s 10 commandments they are lying and not telling the truth (1 John 2:4)
3. We should purify ourselves as Jesus is pure (1 John 3:3)
4. Sin is the breaking of God’s 10 commandments (1 John 3:4)
5. Whoever is abiding in Christ does not commit sin (1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10)
6. If you are in unrepentant sin you have not seen Jesus or know him (1 John 3:6)
7. John warns us that only those that are obedience to God’s Law are his true followers (1 John 3:7)
8. If someone is committing unrepentant sin they are following the devil and not God (1 John 3:7)
9. If you are born of God and abiding in him you will not commit sin (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10
10. It is the keeping of God’s commandments that is the difference between those that are following God and those that are not following God (1 John 3:10; 1 John 5:3)
11. It is only by Love through faith that we can keep God’s commandments (1 John 5:3-4)
12. God’s true believers in the end days will keep all of God’s commandments through faith in Jesus (Revelation 14:12; 22:14)

James also affirms the 10 commandments…….

1. James says God’s Law (10 commandments) are a Royal Law (James 2:8)
2. If we break one of God’s commandments we a guilty before God as sinners breaking all of God’s Law and gave some examples of breaking God’s Law (James 2:9-11)
3. James says God’s Law is a law of liberty and freedom (James 2:12)
4. The 10 commandments (God’s Law) are the standard in the judgment (James 2:12)
5. If our faith does not have the fruit of obedience to God’s Law it is dead and not true faith (James 2:16-26)

Peter affirms the 10 commandments……..

1. Sanctification is to obedience to God’s Law (1 Peter 1:2)
2. We can only be changed from sin to obedience to God’s Law by the power of God and it will be revealed in the last days (1 Peter 1:5)
3. We should give up our sins to be holy because Jesus is holy (1 Peter 1:13-16)
4. Jesus is your example who did no sin (1 Peter 2:21-22)
5. Cease from sin and do not live in the flesh (1 Peter 4:1-3)
6. Judgement will begin at the house of God and sinners (those breaking God’s 10 commandments) will not be saved.
7. God has given us his precious promises and as we believe them God will grant us his divine power to live a life of Godliness (obedience to God’s Law; 2 Peter 1:2-4)
8. The Un-Godly (disobedient to God’s Law) will be like Sodom and Gomorrah (2 Peter 2:6)
9. If any turn away from God’s Law and are in unrepentant sin breaking any of God’10 commandments they will be lost (2 Peter 2:20-22)
10 God is not willing that any should perish but that everyone should come to repentance and turn away from sin to follow God’s 10 commandments because those that do not will receive the judgements of God (2 Peter 3:5-14)

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament?

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Rev 14:12; Rev 22:14; Eze 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-21; Peter 2:20-22)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10)

God’s Law in the NC is written on our hearts it is through love and it is love the fulfils God’s Law in us as we walk not after the flesh but after the spirit and is why Jesus says f you love me keep my commandments. (John 14:15; John 15:10). If we knowingly break one of God’s commandments we commit sin (1 John 3:4). This includes the 7th Day Sabbath which Jesus made for us and commands us to keep as a holy day.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No problem.

Post 1 Scripture , Are you copying and pasting from Ellen G Whites teachings ?

Post 1 Scripture from the new testament where Jesus or the Apostles in the NEW TESTAMENT commanded believers to follow a seventh-day Saturday sabbath day like in the book of Exodus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.