THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are many who believe that living under self imposed rigorous obedience to a belief that salvation is based on your own works is how it works. I know that is not how salvation works. Matt.23 [15] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one poselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Matt.23 [4] For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

And who do you think those people are? I have never heard anyone in this forum try and teach that salvation is by the works of the law. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Col.2 Verses 16 to 23
[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: [17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. [18] Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, [19] And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
[20] Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances [21] (Touch not; taste not; handle not; [22] Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? [23] Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
Not sure why you posted these scriptures as you said nothing about them or what you think they mean. Happy to discuss them with you though if your interested.
Please pray for Christ to show you the deep Spiritual Truth of The Word of God Above.
Indeed what makes you think I do not claim the promises God has given to me *JOHN 14:26; 16:13; 7:17; 8:31-36 from the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:11?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you absolutely believe that your sinning if you do a certain thing, it is a sin for it is done in willful rebellion. However, when Christ comes to you in your day of visitation and begins your born again experience with teaching and understanding of The mysteries in The Word, only then will you truly understand. The first mention of this day of visitation is first mentioned in Numbers 16:29 and the entire story that surrounds the use of The Word Visitation. Has Christ come to you and spoken with you and opened your eyes to what should be the most exciting day of your life thus far. You will have no doubts. You will absolutely know that The GodHead is very real. It won’t be as much faith based after that time but you will absolutely know that The GodHead is very real and judgement is very real. The first thing anyone can do is seek God The Father with all that they have. About the only contribution to your own salvation that you have input on is the very tiny amount of faith required to let God in. Rev.3 [20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Those who are BORN AGAIN do not practice sin *1 JOHN 3:9. JESUS came to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART. BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28. JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; JOHN 8:31-36

If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in it we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. ALL those who KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11 because sin is the transgression of God's LAW *1 JOHN 3:4. All those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Until you experience Christ coming to you as a thief in the night, you can’t possibly understand The hidden mysteries contained in The Word. Someone has taught you that you put heavy burdens on yourself, somehow your extra burden will somehow save you. Again, your only input is having the faith of a grain of a mustard seed to let The GodHead in to commune with your soul and to grow you. You must know The Fear of The Lord. I have described it as bone paralyzing Terror. I know of what I speak as I have been taught directly by Christ. How can anyone possibly explain what you can only understand when your eyes and ears are opened.

My friend, Christ will come to many as a theif in the night, but according to God's WORD it will be too late when this happens.

1 THESSALONIANS 5:2-3
[2], For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
[3], For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Yep will be too late for many when this day comes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Gal.4 Verses 9 to 12 [9] But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? [10] Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. [11] I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. [12] Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. Do you observe days and months and times and years? I’m afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labor in vain from Verse 11 directly above. Do you teach other men your guidelines for being saved? I truly hope that you fast and pray without ceasing and seek. The line between works based salvation and being saved by Grace are two completely different things. Only Christ has lived as a sin free man. Yet, all things that were created were created by, through and for Christ. Perhaps you also believe in dietary laws. All things are lawful to me but all things are not expedient.

Do you know what scriptures PAUL is referring to in GALATIANS 4:9-12 and what scriptures he is quoting from the OLD TESTAMENT? Let's look at the scriptures..

GALATIANS 4:8-11
[8] Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
[9] But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
[10] YE OBSERVE DAYS, AND MONTHS, AND TIMES, AND YEARS.[11] I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

The CONTEXT of GALATIANS 4:10 is that those who did not KNOW GOD were serving false gods v8. Then they became Christians and knew GOD and then turned back to serving false gods and back to the BONDAGE of sin v9. Galatians 4 says nothing about sabbaths or feast days. Its speaking of those who return to serving false gods and OBSERVE TIMES. What does it mean here to OBSERVE TIMES?

DEUTEROMY 18:9-11
[9] When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
[10] There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, OR AN OBSERVER OF TIMES, or an enchanter, or a witch,
[11] Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

The same thing goes on to this very day. Its speaking of the occult. Those who observe certain days by use of horoscopes and Astrology?

2 CHRONICLES 33:3-6
[3] For he built again the high places which Hezekiah his father had broken down, and he reared up altars for Baalim, and made groves, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them. [4] Also he built altars in the house of the LORD, whereof the LORD had said, In Jerusalem shall my name be for ever. [5] And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD. [6] And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: ALSO HE OBSERVED TIMES, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger

Enchantments, witchcraft, familiar spirits, and wizards. Its speaking of the occult. Not following sabbath days.

LEVITICUS 19:26-30
[26] Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, NOR OBSERVE TIMES.[27] Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard. [28] Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.[29] Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a harlot; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.
[30] YE SHALL KEEP MY SABBATHS, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

I guess this scripture says it all. You shall not OBSERVE TIMES BUT YOU WILL KEEP MY SABBATHS.
1Cor.6 [12] All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. Galatians 4:10 above nails it. Christ is The Way The Truth and The Life. He who Christ sets free is free indeed. When you are living “in The Way”, you quickly understand that you can only live “in The Way” through Christ. Christ didn’t add burdens to man, He gave man The Truth. You might recall when David and his men ate the Shewbread in the temple. 1Sam.21 [6] So the priest gave him hallowed bread: for there was no bread there but the shewbread, that was taken from before the LORD, to put hot bread in the day when it was taken away.
Out of all this long post of yours brother you still have not provided any scripture that says JESUS is a SABBATH and EVERYDAY is HOLY.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 2:20 Above is clear to me. I’m pasting Colossians 2:16 again. I refuse to let you judge me in meat or in drink or in respect of an Holy day or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: when Christ sets you free, don’t get entangled in the dogma of man. Nowhere in my response have I said that salvation is easy. However, only Christ can lead you “In The Way”. Col.2[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Ok you have brought up COLOSSIANS 2:16 twice now so let's look at the within chapter and within scripture context and see what PAUL is referring to from the OLD TESTAMENT. Let's start by looking at the within CHAPTER CONTEXT of COLOSSIANS 2:16 to determine the topic of conversation.

COL 2:11-17 CHAPTER CONTEXT
[11], In whom also you are CIRCUMCISION with the CIRCUMCISION made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
[12], Buried with him in baptism, in which also you are risen with him through the faith of the working of God, who has raised him from the dead.
[13], And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, has he made alive together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
[14], BLOTTING OUT the HANDWRITING of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
[15], And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
[16], Let no man therefore judge you in FOOD AND DRINK, or in respect of a HOLY DAY [FESTIVAL], or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:
[17], Which are a SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; but the body is of Christ.

CHAPTER CONTEXT OF COL 2:14 AND SUBJECT MATTER (COL 2:11-17)

V11. Shadows of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION pointing to CIRCUMCISION of the HEART MADE WITHOUT HANDS by the CIRCUMCISION of Christ.

THE SHADOW LAWS FORETOLD IN THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES….

DEUTERONOMY 10:16 [16] CIRCUMCISE THERFORE THE FORESKIN OF YOUR HEART, and be no more stiff-necked.

DEUTERONOMY 30:6 [6] And the LORD your God will CIRCUMCISE YOUR HEART AND THE HEART OF YOUR DECENDENCE, TO LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND WITHYOU’RE YOUR SOUL, THAT YOU MAY LIVE.

JEREMIAH 4:4 [4] CIRCUMCISE YOURSELF TO THE LORD, AND TAKE AWAY THE FORESKINS OF YOUR HEART, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

NOTE: NEW COVENANT FULFILLMENT of the SHADOWS of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION pointing the CIRCUMCISION of the HEART through faith in Christ…

ROMANS 2:25-29 [25] For circumcision verily profits, if you keep the law: but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision is made uncircumcision. [26], Therefore if the uncircumcision keeps the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? [27], And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfils the law, judge you, who by the letter and circumcision do transgress the law? [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW, WHO IS ONE; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OF THE OUTWARD FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; AND CIRCUMCISION IS THAT OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT AND NOT IN THE LETTER; WHOSE PRAISE IS NOT OF MEN BUT OF GOD.

1 CORITHIANS 7:19 [19] CIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, AND UNCIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, BUT THE KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

This is the operation of GOD in the NEW COVENANT…

HEBREWS 8:10 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS [NOTE: THE SHADOW OF CIRCUMCSION]: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

CONCLUSION; The CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION is a Shadow law from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT pointing to a NEW HEART to LOVE and OBEY GOD in the NEW COVENANT. The SHADOW laws of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES of CIRCUMCISION from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 (not God's 10 commandments) are the within CHAPTER CONTEXT BEFORE COL 2:14

Let's continue on through the chapter...

14, Blotting out the HANDWRITING of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

GREEK WORD MEANINGS AND WORD USE

14, “BLOTTING OUT” < G1813 ἐξαλείφω exaleipho (ex-a-lei'-fō) v. means to rub out, i.e. obliterate, erase> the “HANDWRITING” < G5498 χειρόγραφον cheirographon (chei-ro'-gra-fon) n. means something hand-written (“chirograph”), a manuscript specially, a legal document > of “ORDINANCES” < G1378 δόγμα dogma (d̮og'-ma) n. means ordinance; CIVIL, CEREMONIAL or ECCLESIASTICAL LAWS> that was against us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The GREEK WORD meanings here in this scripture show that it follows the same CONTEXT of v11-13 in relation to the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES found in the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7.

V14
Blotting out or erasing the legal MANUSCRIPT or document of ORDINANCES referred to here are those of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

The GREEK word for ORDIANACE is DOGMA meaning THE CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL ORDINANCES once again only found in the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant *EXODUS 24:7

This scripture cannot be referring to the abolishing of the 10 commandments of God’s LAW as God’s 10 Commandments are not ORDINANCES and they are not written in a MANUSCRIPT they are written on two tables of stone (Exodus 31:18). Also the chapter CONTEXT is in reference to the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES of CIRCUMCISION once again from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT. These were all SHADOWS ALONG WITH THE ORDINANCES OF v17 pointing to Christ and the plan of SALVATION.

ORDINANCES that were against us is referring to the also referring to the PENALTY of SIN (breaking God’s Commandments and the ORDINANCES of curses written once again in the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26] Take this Book of the Law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there FOR A WITNESS AGAINST THEE.

DEUTERONOMY 30:19 [19] For GOD has said, I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, BLESSINGS AND CURSES: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: [20] That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest OBEY his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

(See the list of ORDINACES for curses of breaking Gods’ Law in DEUTERONOMY 28:15-68)

CONCLUSION; COL 2:14 is talking about the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES written in the MOSIAC BOOK of the Covenant which are SHADOW laws pointing to Jesus and God’s plan of SALVATION. This is supported also by the within CHAPTER CONTEXT and SUBJECT matter of v16 which are all CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES written in the MOCAIC BOOK of the COVENANT and not referring to ABOLISHING God’s 10 Commandments.

Ok this is the within CHAPTER CONTEXT. Next we will look at the within scripture CONTEXT...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok in the last post we looked at the within CHAPTER CONTEXT which shows that PAUL is talking about the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 (not God's 10 Commandments) Now let's look at the within SCRIPTURE CONTEXT of COLOSSIANS 2:16 now we know the CHAPTER CONTEXT is the laws in ORDINANCES from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7; DEUTERONOMY 31:26. Let's look at the scripture and see what PAUL is referring to from the OLD TESTAMENT?

COLOSSIANS 2:16 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY [FEASTIVALS], or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS <plural>:

PAUL'S within scriptures CONTEXT and use of COLOSSIANS 2:16-17 is in reference to the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures.

EZEKIEL 45:17 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give BURNT OFFERINGS, and MEAT OFFERINGS, and DRINK OFFERINGS, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

NUMBERS 28 [9] And on the Sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the DRINK OFFERING thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of EVERY SABBATH, beside the continual BURN'T OFFERING, and his DRINK OFFERING.

ISAIAH 1:10-14 [10] Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.[11] To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I AM FULL OF THE BURNT OFFERINGS of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.[12] When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?[13] BRING NO MORE VAIN OBLATIONS; incense is an abomination unto me; THE NEW MOONS AND SABBATHS, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.[14] Your NEW MOONS and your APPOINTED FEASTS my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

LEVITICUS 23:4 [4] These are THE FEASTS OF THE LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. [5] In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is THE LORD'S PASSOVER. [6] And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread…… [13] And the MEAT OFFERING thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the DRINK OFFERING thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

HOSEA 2:11 [11], I will also cause all her mirth to CEASE, HER [ISRAEL'S] FEAST DAYS, her NEW MOONS, and HER SABBATHS, and all HER [ISRAELS] SOLEMN FEASTS.

wait for it back to the NEW...

HEBREWS 9:1-12 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.... [9] WHICH WAS A FIGURE for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

HEBREWS 10:1-9
[1], FOR THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW OF GOOD THINGS TO COME, AND NOT THE VERY IMAGE OF THE THINGS, CAN NEVER WITH THOSE SACRIFICES which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
[2], For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
[3], But in those SACRIFICES there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
[4], For it is not possible that THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND GOATS should take away sins.
[5], Why when he comes into the world, he said, SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS YOU WOULD NOT BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME:
[6], IN BURN'T OFFERINGS AND SACRIFICES FOR SIN YOU HAVE HAD NO PLEASURE.
[7], Then said I, See, I come in the VOLUME OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME, to do your will, O God.
[8], Above when he said, SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND BURNT OFFERINGS AND OFFERINGS FOR SIN YOU WOULD NOT, neither had pleasure therein; WHICH ARE OFFERED BY THE LAW;
[9], Then said he, See, I come to do your will, O God. He takes away the first, that he may establish the second.

NOTE; the LAW in reference here is NOT God's 10 Commandments but the law of sin offereings from the SHADOW laws of the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26 from the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 (Please look at the attached scriptures)

CONCLUSION: Both the withing CHAPTER and SCRIPTURE CONTEXT of COLOSSIANS 2:11-17 is in reference to the laws in ORDINANCES (CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL) not God's 10 Commandments. COLOSSIANS 2:16 is in reference to the laws on the ANNUAL FEAST DAYS which are all referenced WORD for WORD from the many OLD TESTAMENT scriptures as shown above. The sabbaths or sabbath days (plural) being referred to here are those connected to the annual feastivals included in LEVITICUS 23. Some of these festivals included "SPECIAL SABBATHS" and days of HOLY CONVOCATION that could fall on ANY DAY of the week. These were not God's 4th Commandment and held a different purpose to God's 4th commandment as they were prophetic in nature pointing to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT.

These ceremonial "SPECIAL" Sabbaths (plural) were connected to..

* Annual festival of The blowing of trumpet (Leviticus 23:24)
* Annual Day of Atonement (Leviticus 23:32)
* Annual Feast of tabernacles (Leviticus 23:39)

Hope this helps.

May God bless you as you seek him through his WORD.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord has provided a number of Verses from The Bible that say exactly what I’ve been trying to share. How can it be that of all of The Scripture provided by Christ, you are still unwilling to See the Truth. I very much understand this and can honestly say that until Christ came to me as a thief in the night I didn’t see. I had always professed Christ but had not lived Christ. That was over 29 years ago and I’m just learning more. I am Blessed to receive The Word and realize that I must live The Word every day. Do I fail? Yes I fail but God The Father and God The Son and God The Holy Spirit never fail and are always Loyal and honorable and have given me more than

• Prayers
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing that separates a true Born Again Christian from the many who profess but do not follow is a great desire for truth. God The Father is Love and a consuming fire and is all Truth and nothing but Truth. God The Father is not the author of confusion. Brother, I apologize for not yet praying for God’s Will on this subject as it applies to my own witness. Do you possibly see where it might be possible that doctrines of men have entered into this discussion? If you have honestly prayed about and read all of The Scripture provided and still do not see the clear Statement by Christ Himself that He is also Lord of The Sabath, perhaps in The Day that will change. What I have experienced in my life is that there are many different denominations of professing Christians but few Truly Born Again Christians. I’ve sat through large broadcasts by Seventh Day Adventist and many other denominations. The is one faith and one Lord and one Baptism.

Eph.4
  1. [5] One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok you have brought up COLOSSIANS 2:16 twice now so let's look at the within chapter and within scripture context and see what PAUL is referring to from the OLD TESTAMENT. Let's start by looking at the within CHAPTER CONTEXT of COLOSSIANS 2:16 to determine the topic of conversation.

[11], In whom also you are CIRCUMCISION with the CIRCUMCISION made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
[12], Buried with him in baptism, in which also you are risen with him through the faith of the working of God, who has raised him from the dead.
[13], And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, has he made alive together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
[14], BLOTTING OUT the HANDWRITING of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
[15], And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
[16], Let no man therefore judge you in FOOD AND DRINK, or in respect of a HOLY DAY [FESTIVAL], or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

V11. Shadows of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION pointing to CIRCUMCISION of the HEART MADE WITHOUT HANDS by the CIRCUMCISION of Christ.

DEUTERONOMY 10:16 [16] CIRCUMCISE THERFORE THE FORESKIN OF YOUR HEART, and be no more stiff-necked.

DEUTERONOMY 30:6 [6] And the LORD your God will CIRCUMCISE YOUR HEART AND THE HEART OF YOUR DECENDENCE, TO LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND WITHYOU’RE YOUR SOUL, THAT YOU MAY LIVE.

JEREMIAH 4:4 [4] CIRCUMCISE YOURSELF TO THE LORD, AND TAKE AWAY THE FORESKINS OF YOUR HEART, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

NOTE: NEW COVENANT FULFILLMENT of the SHADOWS of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION pointing the CIRCUMCISION of the HEART through faith in Christ…

ROMANS 2:25-29 [25] For circumcision verily profits, if you keep the law: but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision is made uncircumcision. [26], Therefore if the uncircumcision keeps the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? [27], And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfils the law, judge you, who by the letter and circumcision do transgress the law? [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW, WHO IS ONE; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OF THE OUTWARD FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; AND CIRCUMCISION IS THAT OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT AND NOT IN THE LETTER; WHOSE PRAISE IS NOT OF MEN BUT OF GOD.

1 CORITHIANS 7:19 [19] CIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, AND UNCIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, BUT THE KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

HEBREWS 8:10 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS [NOTE: THE SHADOW OF CIRCUMCSION]: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

CONCLUSION; The CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION is a Shadow law from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT pointing to a NEW HEART to LOVE and OBEY GOD in the NEW COVENANT. The SHADOW laws of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES of CIRCUMCISION from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 (not God's 10 commandments) are the within CHAPTER CONTEXT BEFORE COL 2:14

14, Blotting out the HANDWRITING of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

14, “BLOTTING OUT” < G1813 ἐξαλείφω exaleipho (ex-a-lei'-fō) v. means to rub out, i.e. obliterate, erase> the “HANDWRITING” < G5498 χειρόγραφον cheirographon (chei-ro'-gra-fon) n. means something hand-written (“chirograph”), a manuscript specially, a legal document > of “ORDINANCES” < G1378 δόγμα dogma (d̮og'-ma) n. means ordinance; CIVIL, CEREMONIAL or ECCLESIASTICAL LAWS> that was against us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The GREEK WORD meanings here in this scripture show that it follows the same CONTEXT of v11-13 in relation to the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES found in the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7.

V14
Blotting out or erasing the legal MANUSCRIPT or document of ORDINANCES referred to here are those of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

The GREEK word for ORDIANACE is DOGMA meaning THE CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL ORDINANCES once again only found in the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant *EXODUS 24:7

This scripture cannot be referring to the abolishing of the 10 commandments of God’s LAW as God’s 10 Commandments are not ORDINANCES and they are not written in a MANUSCRIPT they are written on two tables of stone (Exodus 31:18). Also the chapter CONTEXT is in reference to the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES of CIRCUMCISION once again from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT. These were all SHADOWS ALONG WITH THE ORDINANCES OF v17 pointing to Christ and the plan of SALVATION.

ORDINANCES that were against us is referring to the also referring to the PENALTY of SIN (breaking God’s Commandments and the ORDINANCES of curses written once again in the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26] Take this Book of the Law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there FOR A WITNESS AGAINST THEE.

DEUTERONOMY 30:19 [19] For GOD has said, I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, BLESSINGS AND CURSES: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: [20] That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest OBEY his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

(See the list of ORDINACES for curses of breaking Gods’ Law in DEUTERONOMY 28:15-68)

CONCLUSION; COL 2:14 is talking about the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES written in the MOSIAC BOOK of the Covenant which are SHADOW laws pointing to Jesus and God’s plan of SALVATION. This is supported also by the within CHAPTER CONTEXT and SUBJECT matter of v16 which are all CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES written in the MOCAIC BOOK of the COVENANT and not referring to ABOLISHING God’s 10 Commandments.

Ok this is the within CHAPTER CONTEXT. Next we will look at the within scripture CONTEXT...
I must confess that I have yet to get through your treatsease above. It’s a very legalistic promotion of the subject. A great deal of legalism explained as others undoubtedly have tried to do over time. I have always had a difficult time navigating through complex arguments as to the meaning in God’s Word. Perhaps that is why ever since Christ opened my eyes, I have yet to read a Bible commentary online that is 100% correct to my memory. If you visited Numbers 16:29 and then read the entire story surrounding the first use of The Word Visitation in The Bible, you might then try a word search in The KJV for Visitation. You should find it to be a very Spiritual experience. I plan to pray about this and ask God’s Will be done.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where does it say in the bible that Christ is the Sabbath? Likewise where does it say in the bible that everyday becomes the Sabbath?
My Bible says Jesus gives me a rest the 7th day sabbath doesn't. Mat 11:28-30

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we correctly understand a spiritual principle, then it will lead us to take physical actions that are examples of that principle. For example, if someone thought that they understood the spiritual principle of love, so they didn't need to obey God's command to help the poor, then they would not correctly understand that principle. So the spiritual principles of God's commands always add depth to the literal meaning and any understanding that leads us to disobey what God has commanded is not correct understanding.

For something to be holy is to be set apart and in order for something to be set apart, there needs to be something else that it is set apart from, so if we treat every day the same, then we are treating no day as holy. If we did on every day what God wants us to do on the Sabbath, then we would do no work, but God also wants us to work. Christ is Lord of the Sabbath, so if he is also our Lord, then we will keep the Sabbath holy.
You have personal problems with Rom 14 and Col 2.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Isume, nice to see you again brother. Some comments for your consideration below. I will break these down into lots of smaller posts so they are easier to read.

How would you know when you do not know me? I only asked you earlier where is the scriptures that say JESUS is the SABBATH and where does it say in the bible as you claim that the SABBATH is everyday? You have not provided any scriptures for these claims. Brother, I know this thought does not come from you as I have heard others make similar claims, but no one provides any scriptures for this teaching. Does this not concern you?
What you did in that post has no relationship to what the poster said. Instead you bring in your issues without invitation changeing the subject like always.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And who do you think those people are? I have never heard anyone in this forum try and teach that salvation is by the works of the law. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?
You don't listen to yourself.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not sure why you posted these scriptures as you said nothing about them or what you think they mean. Happy to discuss them with you though if your interested.

Indeed what makes you think I do not claim the promises God has given to me *JOHN 14:26; 16:13; 7:17; 8:31-36 from the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:11?
Remember anything we say including quotes of Scripture aren't true according to you because they're our own words.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are confused here brother. Do you know what scriptures PAUL is referring to in GALATIANS 4:9-12 and what scriptures he is quoting from the OLD TESTAMENT? Let's look at the scriptures..

GALATIANS 4:8-11
[8] Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
[9] But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
[10] YE OBSERVE DAYS, AND MONTHS, AND TIMES, AND YEARS.[11] I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

The CONTEXT of GALATIANS 4:10 is that those who did not KNOW GOD were serving false gods v8. Then they became Christians and knew GOD and then turned back to serving false gods and back to the BONDAGE of sin v9. Galatians 4 says nothing about sabbaths or feast days. Its speaking of those who return to serving false gods and OBSERVE TIMES. What does it mean here to OBSERVE TIMES?
Perhaps there's a misunderstanding to what knowing God means.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

V14

How are ceremonial laws against us?

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cool... so I can steal and serve other gods now because the 10 commandments were done away with.

No... it doesn't say 10 commandments in 2 Cor 3... taken in context with so many things that speak on this... we know it isn't the commandments nailed to the cross but the verdict of guilt... our death sentence. THAT is what has been done away with, not "do not steal."
Christ made it impossible to follow in obedience to what He taught. In fact, it’s when you seek and realize that you cannot live to His standard and that you need Him to teach you and help you.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christ made it impossible to follow in obedience to what He taught. In fact, it’s when you seek and realize that you cannot live to His standard and that you need Him to teach you and help you.
He made it impossible to follow in obedience? No.... what he did actually made it possibly for we can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us. What he also did, Isume, is reveal the need for the law on the heart and not stone. He showed us through example and word that following by the letter will fall short, and that is why God is writing the law on the mind and heart... it's the only way we can follow it all the time.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.