✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
(responding to Leaf) Sorry you think all the law is abolished
yeah that appears to be another topic - unless someone wants to show that The Westminster Confession of Faith and the Baptist Confession of Faith, and the Catholic statements on the Ten Commandments and the ... are all getting this all wrong

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which was a response to Fervent's comment about the Sabbath not being important today as the Word of God since we have the Gospel (which is also not getting at the issue of Sabbath vs evolution... but it is how this got started).

Then you appear to take it to "gospel is not preached to Abraham" in some way ,, even if scripture says it was.

But since it was preached to Abraham - then the point about no need for it once the gospel is preached - appears to end that objection with the "Gospel was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8 text.

============== so history looks like this (and we can go back to discussing the relationship between Sabbath and belief in evolution's doctrine on origins)

Sounds like "two gospels".

• Gal 1:6-9 there is only "ONE Gospel"
  • Gal 3:8 that ONE Gospel was "preached to Abraham"
  • Matt 7 - both Moses and Elijah STAND WITH CHRIST - in glory even before the cross happens
  • 1 Peter 1 says "The SPIRIT OF CHRIST in them" was preaching the gospel in the OT
  • Gal 3 says there was never a time when the LAW was some "other way" of salvation for mankind

Agreed.

The New Covenant of Jer 31:31-34 is the ONE and only Gospel covenant and that Gospel was "preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8.

Who saw Christ's day in vision - according to Christ in John chapter 8.

The "Old Covenant" made with Israel as a nation-covenant (not a salvation covenant) -- is a "type" of the "OBEY AND LIVE" covenant in Eden in Gen 2.

• Gal 1:6-9 there is only "ONE Gospel"
  • Gal 3:8 that ONE Gospel was "preached to Abraham"
As Jesus said "Abraham SAW My day and was glad" - John 8. FEW people today can say God supernaturally showed them a video of the life of Christ - the actual real day-to-day.

you are free to speculate on that all you wish. I am sticking with the Bible.

And as Jesus said in John 8 - Abraham was show the days of Christ - in vision (As already noted in my post above)

And 1 Peter 1 states that it was the "Spirit of Christ" in the OT writers predicting "The sufferings of Christ AND THE GLORIES to Follow"
Looking at this part here,
Then you appear to take it to "gospel is not preached to Abraham" in some way ,, even if scripture says it was.
I believe what I talked about was different words being used. If you believe the same words were used, please say what they were.

And of course, we can move to a different thread, if you wish.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16

Peace be with you :heart:

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It isn't my position that the laws were abolished.
good to hear. This thread is about the comparison between the Sabbath Commandment and belief in evolutionism - showing that the details God puts into the Sabbath commandment (with its reference to Gen 2:1-3) refutes the claims in evolutionism's doctrine on origins.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
good to hear. This thread is about the comparison between the Sabbath Commandment and belief in evolutionism - showing that the details God puts into the Sabbath commandment (with its reference to Gen 2:1-3) refutes the claims in evolutionism's doctrine on origins.
I agree, it's important to keep threads on track with the OP. And I appreciate that you've just recently posted on the other thread,
Did all the laws end at the cross- Part 2

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus didn't take Genesis as "figurative". PBS? LOL. Try Using the actual Word of God.
I do use it but not as a natural history book. How do you believe Genesis came to be written?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
most scholars attribute Moses as the authorship of Genesis, who knows?
Well, he wasn't there at creation. He most likely recorded some events but certainly not his own death. (Deuteronomy 34:5)

I think something like the Documentary hypothesis might be closer to the truth.

Of course the important thing is not so much who wrote it but what does it mean to us. What does it tell us about who God is and who we are?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, he wasn't there at creation. He most likely recorded some events but certainly not his own death. (Deuteronomy 34:5)

I think something like the Documentary hypothesis might be closer to the truth.

Of course the important thing is not so much who wrote it but what does it mean to us. What does it tell us about who God is and who we are?
If, upon your death, someone were to take your journal or personal memoirs and add a short description of your death, you would still be considered the author of the biography.

Nobody (no human) witnessed Gods original creation .... that don't mean it didn't happen as in Genesis.

5But Jesus told them, “Moses wrote this commandment for you because of your hardness of heart.6However, from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.

in Exodus 20:11 states: “For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.” This, of course, is the basis for our seven-day week—six days of work and one day of rest. Obviously, this passage was meant to be taken as speaking of a total of seven literal days based on the Creation Week of six literal days of work and one literal day of rest. .... else how would they know what DAY the Sabbath was?

Stated by God Himself validating the Genesis account of creation ... literal days.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If, upon your death, someone were to take your journal or personal memoirs and add a short description of your death, you would still be considered the author of the biography.

Nobody (no human) witnessed Gods original creation .... that don't mean it didn't happen as in Genesis.

5But Jesus told them, “Moses wrote this commandment for you because of your hardness of heart.6However, from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.

in Exodus 20:11 states: “For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.” This, of course, is the basis for our seven-day week—six days of work and one day of rest. Obviously, this passage was meant to be taken as speaking of a total of seven literal days based on the Creation Week of six literal days of work and one literal day of rest. .... else how would they know what DAY the Sabbath was?

Stated by God Himself validating the Genesis account of creation ... literal days.
Amen!

Looking for any way possible to disregard the validity of the text and what it says - does not work with the Gospel accounts, and does not work with Genesis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, he wasn't there at creation.
But he was a prophet - and God was there - So obviously God would know what to show His prophet.

In fact "above" that of a prophet
Numbers 12:
6 He said,
“Now hear My words:
If there is a prophet among you,
I, the Lord, will make Myself known to him in a vision.
I will speak with him in a dream.
7 It is not this way for My servant Moses;
He is faithful in all My household;
8 With him I speak mouth to mouth,
That is, openly, and not using mysterious language
And he beholds the form of the Lord.
So why were you not afraid
To speak against My servant, against Moses?”

NT Authors claim that when Moses speaks it is God speaking His Word through Moses. So just how much is it that God "does not know"??

2 Peter 1
20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture becomes a matter of someone’s own interpretation, 21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

So Peter claims it is God speaking...

Mark 7:6-13 Christ said that when we read Moses it is "The Word of God"..

There is no good way to downsize it.

He most likely recorded some events but certainly not his own death. (Deuteronomy 34:5)
No doubt - someone else adds that part to the end.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Amen!

Looking for any way possible to disregard the validity of the text and what it says - does not work with the Gospel accounts, and does not work with Genesis.

People who keep Sunday do so out of man's tradition rather than in accordance with scripture .... if we follow in the steps of Christ .... His steps include keeping the 7th day Sabbath.

At least the Catholics are honest about it.

Some interesting info found here ... can be verified in other places .... one can do their own research

catholic keeping sunday not in the bible

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People who keep Sunday do so out of man's tradition rather than in accordance with scripture .... if we follow in the steps of Christ .... His steps include keeping the 7th day Sabbath.

At least the Catholics are honest about it.

Some interesting info found here ... can be verified in other places .... one can do their own research

catholic keeping sunday not in the bible
Hi eleos1954,

The link didn't work for me.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, that link worked.

The link in post #72 doesn't appear to be a complete URL. I believe it's missing the .com or .org, etc.
Code:
'http://catholic keeping sunday not in the bible'
they basically both contained the same info .... so glad one of the links worked. ;o)

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0