✟19,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi Biltong65,

I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion based on the logic in my previous post.

Followers of Christ know not to add or subtract from the word of God. They know that obedience to God reveals our love for Him (Deuteronomy 11:1; John 14:23-24; 1 John 2:5). If one chooses to sabbath/rest on a day the Lord did not command then are they not essentially denying their God (Matthew 10:33; Titus 1:16)? Is not the elevation of a day God did not ordain an example of moral relativism?

The venerated title was never stripped from the seventh day and the first day was never given any other title. What do you suppose "the first day" is in reference to?

I pray this helps.

But for the grace of God go I,cyspark

What I need to know is if (in your belief system) all of Sunday-Worship Christianity is damned, over this denominational distinctive.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Icyspark

Oct 2, 2020
Least coast
✟83,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Do you agree with the following in below short video? And any other thoughts as to the contents of the video?

2 the 10 Commandments were only for the living people of Israel at the time

Hi Richard Mulcahy,

The video makes the claim that "each of the Ten Commandments except one are repeated in the New Testament." Pay attention to how the video host attempts to qualify his point by showing "the Law of Christ" in the heart shape. If one is not familiar with the Ten Commandments they may not catch the switch in the list. Item #3 is listed as "Do not swear." But is that the commandment? No. The commandment reads, "Do not take the Lord's name in vain" (Exodus 20:7). The text used to validate this leap in logic is Matthew 5:34. The context in Matthew 5 has nothing to do with taking the Lord's name in vain, but rather with making oaths. Doesn't this bait-and-switch seem very suspicious?

The fact is that there is no repeated commandment not to take the Lord's name in vain in the New Testament. Does that mean that it's now ok to use our Lord's name as a cuss word?

Jesus said He made the Sabbath for human beings (Mark 2:27). At no time did He tell anyone that He was abolishing His holy day which He established for human beings to remember Him as the Creator of the heavens and the earth.

Ask yourself:
  • Why would Jesus want His creatures to forget to remember Him as their Creator?
  • Why would Jesus want us to forget the one commandment that says to remember?
  • Since—after the death of Christ—the disciples rested according the commandment, when did they first learn of the abolishment of the commandment to remember?
I pray this helps.

Upvote 0

Icyspark

Oct 2, 2020
Least coast
✟83,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What I need to know is if (in your belief system) all of Sunday-Worship Christianity is damned, over this denominational distinctive.

Hi Biltong65,

I asked you three questions in the post to which you just replied. Perhaps if you answered those you may answer your own question.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Biltong65

Aug 28, 2020
Indiana
✟19,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi Biltong65,

I asked you three questions in the post to which you just replied. Perhaps if you answered those you may answer your own question.

God bless!

I see nothing wrong with your questions.

Upvote 0

Biltong65

Aug 28, 2020
Indiana
✟19,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I think Keeping a Sabbath is more important than on which day we do so.

Once again, with all the calendar changes, are you to damn those who keep it on what is now, our "Sunday"?

That, no one caught this as a soteriologically significant departure, until the SDA came along?

Even when so many denominations were leaving the Roman church during the Reformation, no one thought to use this as a distinctive?

Upvote 0

Icyspark

Oct 2, 2020
Least coast
✟83,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I see nothing wrong with your questions.

Hi Biltong65,

Great, then why not answer them?
  • If one chooses to sabbath/rest on a day the Lord did not command then are they not essentially denying their God (Matthew 10:33; Titus 1:16)?
  • Is not the elevation of a day God did not ordain an example of moral relativism?
Claiming to "sabbath" on a day of your choosing is like celebrating your birthday on any other day than your actual birthday; or celebrating the 4th of July on the fifth of July; or celebrating Christmas on January 25; or celebrating Valentine's day in June. It's not the same, is it?

In Exodus 3 Moses encounters a bush on fire. As he approached the bush the Lord spoke to him and told him to remove his sandals. What's the reason for the command? God told him, "the place you're standing is holy ground." What made the ground holy? God's presence. With that in mind, every seventh day is also holy (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11) and that holiness cannot be transferred by personal preference. No other day was ever made holy. No other day was set aside for remembering Jesus as the Creator.

I pray this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Icyspark

Oct 2, 2020
Least coast
✟83,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sabbath means rest, Jesus Christ became our Sabbath rest. The Sabbath is not a day of the week, we should be in Christ everyday

Hi SubjectObject,

On what text are you basing this belief that "Jesus Christ became our Sabbath rest"?

Upvote 0

Icyspark

Oct 2, 2020
Least coast
✟83,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Heb 3 and 4. Sabbath means rest and how do we enter into His rest?

Hi SubjectObject,

Have you read Hebrews 4?

1 Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. 3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,

“So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. 4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” 5 And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

6 Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7 God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts.”

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

This "Sabbath-rest" is explicitly tied to "the seventh day" and resting from our works, "just as God did from His." This seventh day is not generic, but specific as it is tied to "the creation of the world." The "Sabbath-rest" that remains "for the people of God" is the "seventh day" Sabbath.

I pray this helps.

But for the grace of God go I,cyspark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We observe a Sabbath, on a "Seventh Day" (let's call it "Sunday").
Jesus rose on the 1st day "Easter Sunday" but kept the seventh day as Sabbath which is Saturday.

Exodus 20

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Icyspark
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think Keeping a Sabbath is more important than on which day we do so.

Once again, with all the calendar changes, are you to damn those who keep it on what is now, our "Sunday"?

That, no one caught this as a soteriologically significant departure, until the SDA came along?

Even when so many denominations were leaving the Roman church during the Reformation, no one thought to use this as a distinctive?

Hi Biltong65

At one time everyone kept Sabbath on Saturday. This is not a Seventh-day Adventist doctrine, it's a Bible doctrine that the SDA church follows. Man changed God's day of worship to Sunday.

God clearly outlines His special day from the beginning of time. Genesis 2:3
God created His moral law the 10 commandments because He created us and knows what's best for us. Sabbath, the 4th commandment, is His chosen and sacred day. It's the only commandments that starts with the word "Remember" the only one that uses the word "Holy" and the only one He Blessed, yet everyone wants to think that's the one commandment that's not important. Out of the 10 commandments, this is the one commandment that sets aside dedicated time to get to know God. Sabbath is the day I go to church, pray, read and study the Bible, fellowship with other Christians. This is a day I spend with God and building my relationship with Him. In the Bible He says knowing Him is crucial and that's why the 4th Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11)starts with Remember

1 John 2:3,4 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

If you are interested in learning about the Sabbath in scriptures, the history, how it changed, did the calendar change here are some links that has a lot of great information with references.

What day is the Sabbath and does it matter? | Sabbath Truth
How The Sabbath Was Changed | Sabbath Truth
Can’t we keep holy any day of the week? | Sabbath Truth
Which Day of the Week Is The Sabbath? | Sabbath Truth

God Bless

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Icyspark
Upvote 0