Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over 'False Information About Vaccines'

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over ‘False Information About Vaccines’
“They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young,” Neil Young wrote in a letter to his manager and label. “Not both”

Neil Young posted a since-deleted letter to his management team and record label demanding that they remove his music from Spotify. “I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them,” he wrote. “Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule.”

60's musicians who used to like to "rock in the free world" and made their mark by opposing censorship and embracing opposition to established authority, are now not only advocating for censorship, but demanding it.

It's almost like trying to imagine Parliament Funkadelic demanding that they take Rogan down for smoking too much pot.

How times have gotten strange...

In any case, if that's Neil Young's demands, he's free to make them, but I think he may be either underestimating Rogan's financial impact on the platform, or overestimating his own.

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟109,431.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
He should change the spelling of his first name to Kneel. Never heard of him, doubt I’m missing out on anything.

If you've never heard of him, how can you know? Even if he wasn't actually famous, you never know if some obscure musician is exactly up your alley.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,209,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,209,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rogan should really have him on as a guest now.

Not sure...Spotify may be too bitter at Young to let Rogan have him on.

By having to pull all of Young's music off their platform... That's going to cost them thousands and thousands of cents in lost revenue! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟560,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not sure...Spotify may be too bitter at Young to let Rogan have him on.

By having to pull all of Young's music off their platform... That's going to cost them thousands and thousands of cents in lost revenue! ;)

idk... Dude's popular enough that he probably still makes serious coin from their platform. I seem to recall that Paul McCartney makes something like $400k/yr just from that horrible "Wonderful Christmastime" song. For Neil Young, I'm probably good for $20/yr myself just for listening to his Deja Vu and Harvest Moon albums on repeat.

I wonder if they had to take down Type O Negative's cover of "Cinnamon Girl." That would be terrible.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,209,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
idk... Dude's popular enough that he probably still makes serious coin from their platform. I seem to recall that Paul McCartney makes something like $400k/yr just from that horrible "Wonderful Christmastime" song. For Neil Young, I'm probably good for $20/yr myself just for listening to his Deja Vu and Harvest Moon albums on repeat.

I wonder if they had to take down Type O Negative's cover of "Cinnamon Girl." That would be terrible.

lol, I forgot that Peter Steele took a run at that song.

At 6' 8", he had a slightly more "imposing" stage presence than Young.

MV5BNTM5YTNmMzgtNTgxNi00MDY0LWI2NTYtNjY0ODk3NGEwZjRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SX300_.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟560,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
lol, I forgot that Peter Steele took a run at that song.

At 6' 8", he had a slightly more "imposing" stage presence than Young.

MV5BNTM5YTNmMzgtNTgxNi00MDY0LWI2NTYtNjY0ODk3NGEwZjRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SX300_.jpg

Yeah a little bit. I'm a bit sad that I only really knew about them when I was in high school and thought they were super dark, not appreciating that their whole schtick was a farce. I have virtually zero interest in anything heavy these days, but there's still some room in my tired old man heart for some tongue-in-cheek doom metal. I still listen to Bloody Kisses.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟934,997.00
Faith
Atheist
I'm not sure I would want to advertise on a media. That knowingly allows people to lie. Since the person has been so brainwashed.
Rogan might be telling lies, but I'd say it's out of delusion. I've watched a number of his interviews and I find him an honest person but easily sold on conspiracies.

At one point, he was a moon-landing-conspiracy advocate. But after interviews with Sam Harris and Neil DeGrasse Tyson (and perhaps it was specifically someone else), he changed his position on that.

I respect someone who can learn and change. I'd guess that having people on your show that'll attract an audience means having some loons on. Given that Rogan seems to have a propensity for believing wild stuff, I'd say he just hasn't had the right people on yet.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rogan should have Neil Young as a guest.
That would be a waste of Neil Young time. You can't have an intelligent conversation with someone, that's been brainwashed or doesn't know what they are talking about, like Rogan. It's a waste of time.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rogan might be telling lies, but I'd say it's out of delusion. I've watched a number of his interviews and I find him an honest person but easily sold on conspiracies.
Yes. I have more problems with networks allowing this crap to be aired. When they know it's a lie?

Upvote 0