✟367,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Interesting - feel free to start a thread on it -

this thread is about the OP and supporting articles showing rising gas prices has always been part of joe's plans.

PS - there is only one s in focused.
Sure. No problem. Just please claim facts or be prepared to be corrected.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can't help you further if you think the Global market price of crude is not the main driver of the rising cost of gasoline.

And, sure, Joe Biden has stated numerous times that he aims to wean the nation off carbon energy....by 2050. That's a nice thought. What's missing in this thread are actions taken by the President that contribute to today's price spike.
With that, I will sign off this thread.
I've already posted about the Keystone XL pipeline, that ONE pipeline makes a difference of 830,000 barrels of oil a day. The Canadian oil would have been transported to U.S. refineries, and a lot of American jobs were lost as well. People have said that is a low percentage of world oil supply, but that's not putting the U.S. situation in perspective. When you look at U.S. refinery production which is at about 12 million barrels, 830,000 barrels a day is a significant amount. That much can make a HUGE difference in the United States, as an analogy, consider the difference between having seven percent less of the nation's electric power per day vs. seven percent more. In the first situation you have rolling brownouts and some blackouts, in the other no problem. Again, that's one pipeline. The other ways Joe's administration works to delay and tie up fossil fuel is through restrictions, they don't necessarily need new regulations they can double up on judgmental decisions. The easiest way is on tougher environmental restrictions, you say no, this isn't good enough to protect the snail or whatever, even refineries have shut down under Biden just because of tougher restrictions. The administration to is trying to push polices of Democrats in California on the nation, you can see the effects of crime, going that way on fossil fuels will likewise be disastrous. California, with big tax incentives, forces oil refineries (if they want to make money) to switch from refining oil to other products, such as cooking oil. But it is not as productive to refine such sources, you end up with far less that goes into gas tanks for the same amount of work. They have not yet adopted all of these California Democrat policies at the federal level, but they are pushing in that direction. Meanwhile Joe is pushing the public line that he is doing everything he can to reduce gas prices.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sigh. It's more complex than you write:
Surprise! The U.S. Is Still Energy Independent

Just because someone talks about something, doesn't meant they do anyhting about it. And that's the point. It's really really easy to talk about doing something.
But who cares. You seem to be claiming that he's taken steps to ACTUALLY raise that price of gas to what we are seeing today in the US and that is simply a no.

As for the timing of the rise, are you surprised that, as global demand began to increase in a post covid world that the price went up?
But you had an opportunity to have him see it your way by providing proof of what you say Joe Biden is DOING (not saying).
But what he is saying causes people not to invest their money into more drilling and more refineries. Would you invest in something the government is telling you they are going to eliminate?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But what he is saying causes people not to invest their money into more drilling and more refineries. Would you invest in something the government is telling you they are going to eliminate?
There are many people saying that all over the world because it's a good thing to say.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are many people saying that all over the world because it's a good thing to say.

Unless you are poor or middle class and having to decide between basic necessities like food or gas so you can earn money.

Those people are not saying it's a good thing. And those people are the ones going to vote in November. If they can afford the gas to get there.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Weird how you will deny Biden is responsible for any of the problems we face
I will? Interesting prediction. Wonder how well it will line up with reality. And if people will fall for the attempt to divert away from the obvious contradiction in far-right messaging about the economy.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you mean uncle joe's minions are NOT on board with the 'kill off fossil fuel' rhetoric that they wrote for his speeches?
Yet another post attempting to put words in my mouth rather than addressing the content of my post. Wish I could pretend to be surprised.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yet another post attempting to put words in my mouth rather than addressing the content of my post. Wish I could pretend to be surprised.
Another nice deflection instead of answering the question.....as per protocol......

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Another nice deflection instead of answering the question.....as per protocol......
I directly addressed the tactics of the post I replied to. If that's seen as a diversion from the thread topic, well, I think we can see where the problem started.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will? Interesting prediction. Wonder how well it will line up with reality. And if people will fall for the attempt to divert away from the obvious contradiction in far-right messaging about the economy.
It's about gas prices. Ate you sure you want to divert it to the economy?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's about gas prices. Ate you sure you want to divert it to the economy?
Is the implication that oil prices don't have anything to do with the economy? There's never an attempt by right wing spin to imply that inflation means the economy is bad?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the implication that oil prices don't have anything to do with the economy? There's never an attempt by right wing spin to imply that inflation means the economy is bad?
Fuel costs have a lot to do with inflation so does excessive government spending. Are you saying inflation is good?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I guess I'll have to make it explicit - read the title of the thread to see an example of Biden being claimed to be in control of gas prices.
Here is the title:
The rise in gas prices has always been part of Biden's plans
Where does it claim he is in control of gas prices? Please point it out to all of us......

Upvote 0