NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the verse you quote says not even the Son knows the date. That is talking about Jesus.
I know.
When Jesus was on earth, he was God but he was also fully human. I would think that either he "forgot" the date when he became human - Paul said that Jesus did not cling to equality with God but lowered himself. He did not possess ALL his divine attributes like, for example, being everywhere at the some time
Or it could be that the Father had not revealed the date to him at that point.
And no, I can't explain that because Jesus is, and always was, God.

But Jesus said that, at that point at least, he didn't know the time - therefore he didn't know it.
So why do people think they know more than the Son of God?

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure it is attempting to convey the meaning of what it literally says.
The covenant made with Abraham is the everlasting covenant.

And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. (Gen 17:7)

Does the everlasting covenant through whom people are saved mean that there will never come a time when people can not be saved by it?
wouldn’t that mean that the world and its people will never end?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My message is not for those that are "Christians", naysayers or other unbelievers. My message is for those seeking that day.

I hope you're not saying that anyone who doesn't believe you is not really a Christian? :astonished:
That would be a huge red flag right there.

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If there is a definite number of generations from the covenant made with Abraham and to his descendants after him (Jew and Gentile) whereby they can be saved, that number is said to be 1,000 generations.
It seems to me that from Abraham till the time his descendants can no longer be counted has a definite number of generations.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So apparently when the Israelites entered the Promised Land (which was a Jubilee year), they then observed 17 Jubilees from then (not counting the first one) until the Temple was destroyed. This is as stated in the baraita. I don't know much about that but found that it matched my findings also.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus will return in Glory and Power in Sept of 2040. The days of Adam began in 3890 BC with Isaac born in 1910 BC, with the Exodus in 1479 BC. With the crossing of the Jordan in 1440 BC. With Solomon's Temple dedicated in 950 BC. With the destruction of that Temple in 530 BC. With the Resurrection of our Lord in 31 AD, and with the coming of the 121st Jubilee in Sept of 2040.

The intervals above are consistent with Jubilees and there are only 120 Jubilees given to the dominion of Man (Genesis 6:3). Time is short.
Wow. You know something that even Jesus does not.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums