anytown
✟24,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus will return in Glory and Power in Sept of 2040. The days of Adam began in 3890 BC with Isaac born in 1910 BC, with the Exodus in 1479 BC. With the crossing of the Jordan in 1440 BC. With Solomon's Temple dedicated in 950 BC. With the destruction of that Temple in 530 BC. With the Resurrection of our Lord in 31 AD, and with the coming of the 121st Jubilee in Sept of 2040.

The intervals above are consistent with Jubilees and there are only 120 Jubilees given to the dominion of Man (Genesis 6:3). Time is short.

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 24:36
Glad you brought that up. I always like to remind people that the verse you quoted has the verb in the PERFECT Tense and that there is nothing it it that says we can never know. In fact if is said that only the Father could know, then it would mean that even God our Father is limited or would break the very verse you stated if He were to let even His and our Lord Jesus Christ know. People don't seem to realize that when they quote it.

The meaning of the verse is that Only the Father knows the day and hour. Therefore, anyone that knows the day and hour means that they were revealed it by the Father. In if you go to ACTS chapter 1 they inquire with Christ as follows:

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
The Ascension
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Now did you notice it? That first use of "POWER:" there means "Authority". So they couldn't know what was put under the Authority of the Father. Why? - because they hadn't receive HIS Spirit which is the Holy Spirit by which they cry ABBA meaning Father.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Also consider the archeological evidence of VAT 4956. That tablet from the museum in Berlin gives you an astronomical footprint for the 37th year of Nebuchadnezzar. He destroyed the Temple in his 19th year. So by knowing the 37th year you can then know that he destroyed the temple in 530 BC. I knew to look for his 37th year which was 512 BC by going straight to the year in my astronomy program (Stellarium) for the year 511 BC and comparing it. I didn't need to look at any other years as I already knew that was the year and could immediately tell if the Tablet was fraudulent by going to that year. It was just further evidence that the year in which the Temple was destroyed was 530 BC.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A lot of people don't realize that line 13 on the Obverse of VAT 4956 is referring to a retrograde of Mercury already happening at the beginning of the 3rd month. That doesn't happen in the other years that scholars and the JW claim for the tablet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,955.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus will return in Glory and Power in Sept of 2040.
That's quite a handy date, as there is no guarantee that these forums will still be around, so almost no one will be able to hold you to account if you're wrong.

The days of Adam began in 3890 BC
I doubt it.
Adam was created long before humans devised the calendar - which, incidentally, has changed a few times.
God knew when his Son would return before Adam even sinned.

Time is short.
The Apostles believed Jesus would return in their lifetime, and the final words of the book of Revelation are "behold, I am coming soon".
Christians have been expecting the 2nd coming since the ascension.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,955.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glad you brought that up. I always like to remind people that the verse you quoted has the verb in the PERFECT Tense and that there is nothing it it that says we can never know. In fact if is said that only the Father could know, then it would mean that even God our Father is limited or would break the very verse you stated if He were to let even His and our Lord Jesus Christ know. People don't seem to realize that when they quote it.
It's amazing how many Christians have "explanations" for that verse: "we can't know the day or hour, ah yes, but we can know the month/season", has always sounded, to me, like an attempt to get around what God said.
You seem to be saying that God knows the day/hour AND anyone God chooses to reveal it to. Presumably you would count yourself as one of those privileged few.
The problem with that is that every single given date of the Lord's return has so far been wrong. The JWs were wrong, Harold Camping was famously wrong (and died a short time afterwards.) 2012 was supposed to have been a significant date - we are still here.

You know that date setting is not allowed on these forums?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's always interesting how much attention people get over making these predictions even though there has been and currently are a zillion of them. And now folks have AI to concoct innumerable date scenarios for them.

Reactions: Tom8907
Upvote 0

SamInNi

God's Riches At Christ's Expense
Jan 4, 2022
Ireland
Visit site
✟29,040.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus will return in Glory and Power in Sept of 2040.
Doesn't this fundamentally contradict Christ Himself? "Be alert, because you don’t know either the day or the hour....You don’t know what day your Lord is coming" (Matthew 24:42; 25:13).

Being alert is what matters most. Spiritual maturity in Christ takes a balanced approach to future events. Speculative thinking has historically fuelled many wild theories and produced many false prophets. We should all learn from this.

More on this subject HERE on CF.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's amazing how many Christians have "explanations" for that verse: "we can't know the day or hour, ah yes, but we can know the month/season", has always sounded, to me, like an attempt to get around what God said.
You seem to be saying that God knows the day/hour AND anyone God chooses to reveal it to. Presumably you would count yourself as one of those privileged few.
The problem with that is that every single given date of the Lord's return has so far been wrong. The JWs were wrong, Harold Camping was famously wrong (and died a short time afterwards.) 2012 was supposed to have been a significant date - we are still here.

You know that date setting is not allowed on these forums?

I had approval by Hammster that date setting was allowed only in this forum.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't this fundamentally contradict Christ Himself? "Be alert, because you don’t know either the day or the hour....You don’t know what day your Lord is coming" (Matthew 24:42; 25:13).

Being alert is what matters most. Spiritual maturity in Christ takes a balanced approach to future events. Speculative thinking has historically fuelled many wild theories and produced many false prophets. We should all learn from this.

More on this subject HERE on CF.
I'm sure the Devil wants everyone to believe we cannot know the day or hour but none of the verses quoted say we cannot know the day or hour.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that the only generation that will certainly know it's close are when the signs that Christ laid out all come to pass. As he states when the fig tree and all the trees put out leaves, we can know summer is near. So likewise when someone sees all of those signs come to pass we can know it's near, even at the door.

We shouldn't date set. We are watchman who watch for the signs that Christ laid out if it should happen in our lifetime.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think that the only generation that will certainly know it's close are when the signs that Christ laid out all come to pass. As he states when the fig tree and all the trees put out leaves, we can know summer is near. So likewise when someone sees all of those signs come to pass we can know it's near, even at the door.

We shouldn't date set. We are watchman who watch for the signs that Christ laid out if it should happen in our lifetime.
You that want to believe that we shouldn't date set - then don't. The message is not for everyone and especially not for the majority of "Christianity".

I can tell you that the fig tree has put forth leaves and summer is near. But you mentioned the Generation. Therein should tell you how short the time is.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

So what is this generation that Jesus refers to? - It is a 40 year Jubilee period in which Jesus guides His Church through the wilderness of this world. Moses was a type of this. You see Jesus came to us and guides His Church in the 80th Jubilee to the 120th Jubilee (40 Jubilees) and then comes in the 121st Jubilee. Moses began his ministry at 80 years old and died at 120. Then Joshua came (a type of Jesus 2nd Coming) and crossed the Promised Land (also a type for the time of the Kingdom that is Coming to destroy and replace the kingdoms of this world).

So now you should see that we coming to the end of that Generation.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So now you should see that we coming to the end of that Generation.
But it's still about the signs that Christ laid out. The disciples asks him, when and what shall be thy sign and he lays it all out.

Matthew 24:3 "And as He sat upon the mount of Olives the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when shall these things be and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

Matthew 24:33 "So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

When all of these things he lays out comes to pass we can know it's at the door.

Upvote 0