Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is ridiculous.

The reason it is ridiculous is that you cannot, CANNOT "try to be saved." Well, you can try, but it does you not good...because God, in the person of Jesus, aka Yeshua, has already done it for us.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The reason it is ridiculous is that you cannot, CANNOT "try to be saved." Well, you can try, but it does you no good...because God, in the person of Jesus, aka Yeshua, has already done it for us.

Dear Laz: Bingo!

GOD THE FATHER OF MEN

God is the Father of all men. “Have we not all one Father? Hath not one God created us?” (Mal. 2:10). A kind Father will not punish his children but for their good. God is evidently called the Father of all men in the Scriptures, and this is not an unmeaning name; he has the disposition and principles of a Father. He loves with a Father’s love; he watches with a Father’s care; he reproves with a Father’s tenderness; he punishes with a Father’s design. God is the Father of all men; and, therefore, he cannot make mankind endlessly miserable.

Thomas Whittemore: 100 Scriptural Proofs That Jesus Christ Will Save All Mankind | Mercy Upon All

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Fine Linen, in my favorite inspirational song, here:

note that the sunken ship CANNOT raise/save herself. She depends on an outside force to do it.

Good song. Good message.

Dear Laz: It is indeed a good song and a good message.

"A lost sheep is, for all practical purposes a dead sheep. It is the admission that we are dead in our sins---that we have no power of ourselves either to save ourselves or to convince anyone else that we are worth saving. It is the recognition that our whole life is out of our hands and that if we ever live again, our life will be entirely the gift of some gracious shepherd. God finds us the desert of death (not in the garden of improvement) and in the power of Jesus' resurrection, he puts us on his shoulders rejoicing and brings us home." -Robert Farrar Capon-

The-Good-Shepherd.jpg

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Death & destruction are not eternal.

"Jesus knew that John 3:16 was not the end of the story…that’s why He continued to John 3:17 and talked about the salvation of all mankind.

Jesus makes no attempt to use verse 16 to negate or qualify verse 17. He simply makes both statements side by side as if both are completely true. The reason He does this is that both are completely true.

We see this over and over in Scripture, especially in the writings of Paul – a statement about people who have faith now (maybe a warning or exhortation or encouragement about the benefits of taking part in the kingdom of God a.k.a. the next two ages of life on earth right next to a statement about how Christ accomplished the justification of all men. See Romans 3:23-24 and 5:18 and their contexts for example. This is no big deal; none of these statements negate, qualify (change), or contradict each other, because both concepts are 100% true. Some will be saved from death early and take part in the kingdom of God, and everyone else will be saved from death later.

To attempt to use some statements (about those who get saved early) to negate the others statements (about the eventual salvation of all) is to butcher the common sense rules of language and communication. We would never do this to each other in everyday communication; the only reason people try to do it to Jesus and Paul is because they cannot bring themselves to believe the plain statements about the eventual salvation of all mankind.

If I said to my kids, “Those of you who help me clean the yard today will get to go to a movie with me tomorrow, and next week I will take the rest of you to a movie,” I have made it very clear that all the kids will eventually go to the movies. My two statements do not contradict each other or negate each other in any way. This is the exact same thing Jesus does in John 3:16 and 17 – He makes two equally true statements. Yet “hell mindset” Christians try to make one statement negate the other in order to fit their preconceived inherited ideas." -Kenneth Larsen-

What About how the Bible says that those who do not believe will perish or be destroyed?

What Does it Mean to “Perish?”

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Lord Jesus Christ, the Archegos & Prodromos, has a stacked deck. He not only undoes the fall of Adam, He does it with flair!

In Hebr. 9.14 His blood is polus mallon.

In Rom. 11.24 the wild & natural olive branches are in the same polus mallon dimension.

Yes, and this majestic Prince-Leader of Reconciliation not only undoes the despair of Adam, He does it polus mallon!

Mallon =

More.

To a greater degree by far.

Jesus Christ IS the Mallon Saviour of the all.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear friends: do you know the Restitution of all things is a mystery. Musterion/ mystery means one cannot come to know anything in Him without a disclosure flowing from our Father, Abba. Our intellect, anything within ourselves must die in His glorious World of ephphatha.

#1 -Rom. 11:36

"From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists and in Him everything ends."

Ta pavnte= the all things.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming. From Him ta pavnte comes, through Him ta pavnte exists, and in Him ta pavnte ends.

#2. -Eph. 1:-

"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."

The all things in the heavens, the all things in the earth, and you who once were dead in trespasses and sins. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one, the ta pavnte en/in Christ.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.

#3 -Col. 1:20

"God purposed through Him to reconcile the universe to Himself, making peace through His blood...to reconcile to Himself through Him, I say, things on earth and things in heaven. And you..."

The all things (the ta pavnte) in the heavens, the all things (the ta pavnte) in the earth, and you who once were dead in trespasses and sins. God has purposed to reconcile the universe (the ta pavnte) to Himself. The ta pavnte/ the all, encompasses the ta pavnte on the earth and the ta pavnte in the heavens. The ta pavnte= the all, the whole enchilada.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We live in a world of hurt.

Jesus Christ the Great Physician sees every common bird fall. The 15K. children who die every day worldwide under the age of 5 are His. He sees you and I and every lost and broken result of one man's single act of disobedience.

The whole of created life shall be delivered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
1. What it is.

2. What do the Scriptures say?

3. Individuals who believe & why.

4. The history of apocatastasis.

Fascinating question!

I could be wrong but there is a hint in the original Hebrew of Leviticus 16
verse 10
that has me wondering if these latter days contain some sort of metaphorical Yom Kippur event that expands the kingdom of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus even into the afterlife realm of the Nephilim??????

"but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD
to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness
to Aza'zel." (Leviticus 16:10)

My conversation with the Rabbi.....

Isaiah 9
"Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Fascinating question!

I could be wrong but there is a hint in the original Hebrew of Leviticus 16
verse 10
that has me wondering if these latter days contain some sort of metaphorical Yom Kippur event that expands the kingdom of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus even into the afterlife realm of the Nephilim??????

"but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD
to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness
to Aza'zel." (Leviticus 16:10)

My conversation with the Rabbi.....

Isaiah 9
"Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."

Dear Dennis: It is always a pleasure beholding your smiling face.

"But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness."

There is no question in my spirit the Master of the Reconciliation undid with flair the results of one man's single act of disobedience. The scapegoat of Lev. is the One who makes at- one-ment as the Prince-Leader, the Archegos & Prodromos of the New Covenant.

The many "made sinners" = the many "made righteous."

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dear Dennis: It is always a pleasure beholding your smiling face.

"But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness."

There is no question in my spirit the Master of the Reconciliation undid with flair the results of one man's single act of disobedience. The scapegoat of Lev. is the One who makes at- one-ment as the Prince-Leader, the Archegos & Prodromos of the New Covenant.

The many "made sinners" = the many "made righteous."

There is at least one verse that troubles me and makes me wonder if there could be a duration of time between the fulfillment of Passover vs a possible Latter day Yom Kippur event???????

Hebrews 2
copyChkboxOff.gif
Heb 2:16
For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."

One thing that I am certain of is that the name Azazel in Leviticus 16 :10 could not have been a practical joke by the Word Logos that would get Azazel beaten up by other fallen angels....... Surely..... it must be connected with something positive and full of hope.

You've read The Book of Enoch chapter thirteen haven't you?

Azazel... did make an emotional appeal to our great, great, great.... grandfather the Patriarch Enoch.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There is at least one verse that troubles me and makes me wonder if there could be a duration of time between the fulfillment of Passover vs a possible Latter day Yom Kippur event???????

Hebrews 2
copyChkboxOff.gif
Heb 2:16
For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."

One thing that I am certain of is that the name Azazel in Leviticus 16 :10 could not have been a practical joke by the Word Logos that would get Azazel beaten up by other fallen angels....... Surely..... it must be connected with something positive and full of hope.

You've read The Book of Enoch chapter thirteen haven't you?

Azazel... did make an emotional appeal to our great, great, great.... grandfather the Patriarch Enoch.

Dear Dennis:

What Does Hebrews 2:7 Mean? "You made them a little lower than the angels; you crowned them with glory and honor."

Everything of our Abba is in the realm of mystery and far from any of us to grasp but in minute measures as He breaks the seals. I see what is transpiring in this passage in union with what is recorded in the powerful words of the Master, who being in the form of God (member of the ECHOD) emtied Himself & took on Himself the form of a servant and learned obedience in the school of suffering as a man.

The outcome of this willing emtying = return to the Echod in magnificent denouement/glory as the Prince-Leader of Reconciliation bringing every last broken member of Adam's race home with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"By entering through faith into what God has always wanted to do for us—set us right with him, make us fit for him—we have it all together with God because of our Master Jesus. And that’s not all: We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that he has already thrown open his door to us.

We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand—out in the wide open spaces of God’s grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise.

There’s more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we’re hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we’re never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can’t round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!

Christ arrives right on time to make this happen. He didn’t, and doesn’t, wait for us to get ready. He presented himself for this sacrificial death when we were far too weak and rebellious to do anything to get ourselves ready. And even if we hadn’t been so weak, we wouldn’t have known what to do anyway.

We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can understand how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice. But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him.

Now that we are set right with God by means of this sacrificial death, the consummate blood sacrifice, there is no longer a question of being at odds with God in any way. If, when we were at our worst, we were put on friendly terms with God by the sacrificial death of his Son, now that we’re at our best, just think of how our lives will expand and deepen by means of his resurrection life! Now that we have actually received this amazing friendship with God, we are no longer content to simply say it in plodding prose. We sing and shout our praises to God through Jesus, the Messiah!

You know the story of how Adam landed us in the dilemma we’re in—first sin, then death, and no one exempt from either sin or death. That sin disturbed relations with God in everything and everyone, but the extent of the disturbance was not clear until God spelled it out in detail to Moses. So death, this huge abyss separating us from God, dominated the landscape from Adam to Moses. Even those who didn’t sin precisely as Adam did by disobeying a specific command of God still had to experience this termination of life, this separation from God. But Adam, who got us into this, also points ahead to the One who will get us out of it.

Yet the rescuing gift is not exactly parallel to the death-dealing sin. If one man’s sin put crowds of people at the dead-end abyss of separation from God, just think what God’s gift poured through one man, Jesus Christ, will do!

"There’s no comparison between that death-dealing sin and this generous, life-giving gift. The verdict on that one sin was the death sentence; the verdict on the many sins that followed was this wonderful life sentence. If death got the upper hand through one man’s wrongdoing, can you imagine the breathtaking recovery life makes, sovereign life, in those who grasp with both hands this wildly extravagant life-gift, this grand setting-everything-right, that the one man Jesus Christ provides?

Here it is in a nutshell: Just as one person did it wrong and got us in all this trouble with sin and death, another person did it right and got us out of it. But more than just getting us out of trouble, he got us into life! One man said no to God and put many people in the wrong; one man said yes to God and put many in the right.

Romans 5, The Message (MSG) | The Bible App

Romans 8, The Message (MSG) | The Bible App

Romans 11, The Message (MSG) | The Bible App

The Bible Ages =

The Doctrine of the Ages in the Bible

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The following post by Hillsage is a keeper!

The noun is Life or judgment and the modifying ADJECTIVE is the age that life/judgment are both taking place in. Your Greek scholars error is in taking a noun...aion/age, which is an undetermined period of time with a beginning and an end, and then defining the modifying adjective of that noun...aionios...as almost always (67 X vs 3 X) being defined as a length of time that's eternally endless both forward and backward. That is bad grammar, but it is the definition of the word aidios. Grammatical law says no adjective can have a definition stronger than the noun from which it is derived from.

Then to add dumber to dumb, the translators backpedaled to define aion/age as a limited time frame (which it is) as well as an unlimited or eternal time frame. HELLO, that's NO DEFINITION AT ALL, it means nothing definitively, but TIME alone. Then they based that worthless definition upon how that word fit their doctrine in a verse. That is just "Lying scribes" scripture. It was in Jer 8:8 and it is still true today. And it does not fall within the parameters of "context determines definition" either. A concept I do understand and do believe in, but not with a definition that has been butchered to fit indoctrination.

An 'hour' (noun) is a 60 minute long period of time. 8 hourly (modifying adjective) meetings doesn't mean an hour is now 480 minutes. An age/aion is a defined amount of time with a beginning and an end. Aidios has no beginning or end. So you are right none of your 'aionios means ETERNITY verses' are correct. None of us have aidios life....saved or unsaved. ALL we ever have until the ages are no more is a 'quality of life in any of the quantity of time ages. Ages that have been and are yet to come.

EPH 2:7 that He might show, in the ages that are coming, the exceeding riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus,

And what "grace" is this verse talking about manifesting in the future ages? The same grace that we received in this age to be saved. So if you got saved in this age you don't need to be saved again in the age to come. You just need to experience the life that becomes available in that age because you already ARE saved.

Sorry but aidios is used only twice in the new testament. Niether one refers to us!
Already explained that.
Rom. 1: 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Quality of power defined by length.
Where did you come up with this definition of "quality of power defined by length"? I ask because it 'stinks' IMO. It smells like the same source as all those "lying scribes" that Jeremiah said fooled ALL who believed 'ALL their scholars' back then. :sigh:

So what you now have to do is show why aionios (derived from aion--age) is not a time meaning eternal as has been defined by nearly all Bible believing Greek scholars and is a qualitative not quantitative description. So you are contending that the body of Christ has been deceived for centuries by Greek Translators.
aionios is translated 67 times as everlasting, eternal. All turning a qualifying adjective into a noun. Where does aionios ever get defined as what it is, an adjective pertaining to an AGE.

When is it NOT defined as eternal or everlasting you ask? Let's look;

ROM 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world/aionios began,
Hmm, so your word translated ETERNAL 67 times had a BEGINNING....hmmm.

2TI 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world/aionios began,
Hmm, so your word for ETERNAL had something before ETERNITY began....hmm.

Now here is a verse where the LYING SCRIBES dug deep into the stink to defend a false doctrine.

TIT 1:2 In hope of eternal/aionios life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world/aionios began;

So ETERNAL LIFE...before..ETERNAL ever began. Now that stinks bad.

Short story is YES you are believing a long contrived lie perpetrated in the 400 years that universalism was predominant. But then it was almost snuffed out by pen and sword by the WESTERN orthodox church of ROME. So tell me, do you ascribe to Roman Catholic theology....which was the source of so much we Protestants totally disavow? If you don't, then don't use your "how could the scholars be wrong so long" litmus on me. Just because it stinks doesn't mean it doesn't still stick to those who let it. ;)

Those verses above from a reputable scholar whose Concordance is still in print today. Young's Concordance....and here is his translation which stays true to the Greek and the laws of grammar.

YOUNG'S LITERAL TRANSLATION
ROM 16:25 And to Him who is able to establish you, according to my good news, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the secret, in the times of the ages having been kept silent,

2TI 1:9 who did save us, and did call with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, that was given to us in Christ Jesus, before the times of the ages,

TIT 1:2 upon hope of life age-during, which God, who doth not lie, did promise before times of ages,

An 'age' is a period of time. And 'ages' are "times" (plural) because those 'ages' are plural.

0126 aidios: everduring (forward and backward, or forward only)

A good way would be to show by scholarship why aionion is not never ending but more a quality of of existence instead of a "time"
I just did.

So you believe in universal salvation then.
First exposed to it in the early 70's. Studied it for 10 years just HOPING it was true. Ever since then, I have undoubtedly believed it is true. My God has a plan for all his creation to be saved. If not then he is worse than Hitler could ever be. Firing eternal torturing flames for no more purpose than to satisfy his unforgiving vindictive hate for those HE CONSIGNED TO SIN that He might have mercy on them ALL. Or MIGHT NOT. Now there is an "ETERNAL" belief that befits the fire of Hell.

~You can’t grasp what you can’t comprehend and you can’t comprehend what you aren’t familiar with~

St. Jerome 347-420, wrote: "They write down not what they find but what they think is the meaning; and while they attempt to rectify the errors of others, they merely expose their own" (Jerome, Epist. lxxi.5).

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Divine Embrace

It is so sad that for many years the church had to reduce its message to a heaven or hell theme in order to persuade people into a decision for Christ. The Gospel persuades man what God believes and what God achieved on humanity’s behalf in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

If the Gospel has the power to get people to fall head over heels in love with God and to love their neighbor as much as they love themselves, then this Gospel demands our total attention and emphasis. This automatically frees anyone anyway from the dread of hell or any sense of pending punishment. There is no law against the free expression of the fruit of the spirit. No one can exaggerate love, peace, joy, endurance, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self control. Legalism can neither match nor contradict this.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Continued below>>>>>>

Francois du Toit on rejecting a Christless universalism-Divine Embrace

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Perfect=

Brought to consummation or completeness; completed.

Not defective nor redundant.

Having all the properties or qualities requisite to its nature and kind;

Without flaw, fault, or blemish;

Without error; mature; whole; pure; sound; right; correct.

A complete and satisfactory close in harmony

A tense which expresses an act or state completed.

To make perfect; to finish or complete, so as to leave nothing wanting; to give to anything all that is requisite to its nature and kind.

This is the consummation of the Divine embrace as the Author brings everything back into Himself in perfect harmony and at-one-ment as the Finisher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0