FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Jesus doesn't give an explanation for the pain and sorrow of the world. He comes where the pain is most acute and takes it upon himself. Jesus doesn't explain why there is suffering, illness, and death in the world. He brings healing and hope. He doesn't allow the problem of evil to be the subject of a seminar. He allows evil to do its worst to him. He exhausts it, drains its power, and emerges with new life." -N. T. Wright-

"Our task as image-bearing, God-loving, Christ-shaped, Spirit-filled Christians, following Christ and shaping our world, is to announce redemption to a world that has discovered its fallenness, to announce healing to a world that has discovered its brokenness, to proclaim love and trust to a world that knows only exploitation, fear and suspicion." -N. T. Wright-

Friends: Welcome to glad tidings of great joy announced by the angelic host of the Lord. This wee corner is attempting to articulate the glad, glad tidings to a hurting world.

If your being is singing with me, no more let sin & sorrow grow, nor thorns infest the ground, He comes to make His blessings flow, far as the curse is found; we are singing in antiphonal chorus in the greater Hope of our triumphant Lord.

It is finished

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been hearing some teaching about the eighth day of creation. Humankind (the first Adam) was created on the sixth day and the second Adam (Christ) on the eighth day.

May I suggest that's a little speculative Steve. Jesus was there 'at the beginning', meaning in Gen 1:1. He can be found there in the Hebrew as the 'aleph-tav' or 'eth' word (the alpha and omega). The Hebrew 7 words translate 'Beginning God made eth heaven v'eth earth.'

See how all things can be said to be made 'by and through him' as 'the word/ logos'?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I suggest that's a little speculative Steve. Jesus was there 'at the beginning', meaning in Gen 1:1. He can be found there in the Hebrew as the 'aleph-tav' or 'eth' word (the alpha and omega). The Hebrew 7 words translate 'Beginning God made eth heaven v'eth earth.'

See how all things can be said to be made 'by and through him' as 'the word/ logos'?
Perhaps the two are compatible. I think Christ as the second Adam is a reference to his humanity, not his deity. In that sense a sixth day creation for Adam one and an "eighth" day creation for Adam two might make sense.

And frankly, I thought you would be all over the marvelous biblical numerology here. Consider what they eighth day represents. It represents separation and identity in circumcision (ouch) and then there was Pentecost "Sunday" (the outpouring) and Resurrection Day and eventually the first day of the week (Sunday) which the early church called the eighth day. I'm sure you can add to this. What do you think of?

Saint Steven said:
I've been hearing some teaching about the eighth day of creation. Humankind (the first Adam) was created on the sixth day and the second Adam (Christ) on the eighth day.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps the two are compatible. I think Christ as the second Adam is a reference to his humanity, not his deity. In that sense a sixth day creation for Adam one and an "eighth" day creation for Adam two might make sense.

And frankly, I thought you would be all over the marvelous biblical numerology here. Consider what they eighth day represents. It represents separation and identity in circumcision (ouch) and then there was Pentecost "Sunday" (the outpouring) and Resurrection Day and eventually the first day of the week (Sunday) which the early church called the eighth day. I'm sure you can add to this. What do you think of?

Saint Steven said:

Haha, very nice. sure there are some good 8's. How's this one: in Greek gematria, the name of Jesus tallies at 888. There's a list of other Biblical numerology 8's here:
Jesus = 888

• Informative
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haha, very nice. sure there are some good 8's. How's this one: in Greek gematria, the name of Jesus tallies at 888. There's a list of other Biblical numerology 8's here:
Jesus = 888
Very interesting link.
Especially with the 666 comparative.
Jesus = 888 / Antichrist = 666
Man = 6th day / Jesus = 8th day

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very interesting link.
Especially with the 666 comparative.
Jesus = 888 / Antichrist = 666
Man = 6th day / Jesus = 8th day

Yes, hard to deny the 8s. If the shoe fits...

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. (Pr 25:2)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, hard to deny the 8s. If the shoe fits...

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. (Pr 25:2)
The definition of the name Steven is "crowned". (as I understand it)

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You're well on your way, by the grace of God. Maybe overshot a little even, according to the gematria calculator 'Steve' is 900 in Jewish gematria lol:
Gematria Calculator - GEMATRINATOR.com

Dear Ben: Thanks to your new link today, my wife has again threatened to leave me in the aidios sense of eternally. Where she will find another sunken treasure like F.L. I will never know?

"There's a fundamental seduction that leads us to desire a simple, clear, categorized: 'everything in its own' pigeonhole; proof text-established delineation between good and evil. The necessity for communion with God... well, that gets messy. If you have to start with communion with God, He leaves a lot of questions up in the air, leaving you with having to trust Him on the path to glory. He refuses to accept your demand to be provided with a this-is-good, this-is-evil map of the path. He insists that you follow Him, and that gets so messy, so confusing to the mind that wants instruction without communion. It is a narrow Way, but the gate to the Way is not straight, it's STRAIT, as in restrictive and confining, e.g., as in a strait jacket. And the Way is not straight.

It's very curvy, bumpy, up and down, and narrow. There are others walking on the Way with you, behind and in front, and their communion with the Lord is integral to your own, but the narrowness of the road is such that Jesus is shoulder-to-shoulder with you on your together-journey. As the old song goes: "On the Jericho road, there's room for just two; no more and no less, just Jesus and you." I know some might raise the objection that if I conceive of Jesus as WITH us, I am therefore deficient in the revelation that He is IN us. Not so, not so, not so. It is exactly this sort of consideration that calls for the teacher to make his contribution. Jesus, as the Life-giving Spirit, is WITH US, IN US. There is always the dimension of His "withness" involved, in that while He is in union with you, He remains Himself, and you remain yourself, both in union, which union has Him contributing all, you contributing nothing, but enjoying the all of His contribution."

Writings Of John Gavazzoni - The Christ Fountainhead

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Christian Universalism

It is so sad that for many years the church had to reduce its message to a heaven or hell theme in order to persuade people into a decision for Christ. The Gospel persuades man what God believes and what God achieved on humanity’s behalf in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

If the Gospel has the power to get people to fall head over heels in love with God and to love their neighbor as much as they love themselves, then this Gospel demands our total attention and emphasis. This automatically frees anyone anyway from the dread of hell or any sense of pending punishment. There is no law against the free expression of the fruit of the spirit. No one can exaggerate love, peace, joy, endurance, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self control. Legalism can neither match nor contradict this.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Continued below>>>>>>

Francois du Toit on rejecting a Christless universalism-Divine Embrace

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is so sad that for many years the church had to reduce its message to a heaven or hell theme in order to persuade people into a decision for Christ.
Persuading people that way is not what the Apostles nor the disciples in Scripture did, nor is it what those today who follow Jesus do.
The Gospel persuades man what God believes and what God achieved on humanity’s behalf in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Most men, according to God's Word, never are blessed with "what God achieved" as
it was not for humanity's behalf, but for those called and chosen by Yahweh for Himself as the remnant He gives to Jesus, the few,

not the many on the wide road to destruction Yahweh says they will perish. No chance to be redeemed after they die.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the…

Ex= The Source

Di= The Agent

Eiv= The Goal

The Koine, ta pavnte, is the strongest word for all in the Scriptures; it literally means the all.

ta pavnte/ ta panta, “in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the all things, the universe, and, everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.”

**It is not in the limited sense of “nearly all”, “pavnte” minus “ta”

The final preposition [eiv) reveals the ultimate goal of all that is. What has been provided in Christ is a re-turn, a re-storation, a re-newing, a re-demption, a re-concilation, a re-surrection, a re-stitution.

The prefix “re” means back again, again, anew–and all the words with this prefix speak of something that left its place and has now made its circuit and come back to the point of its beginning.

In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;… down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him. -C.S. Lewis

• Winner
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow ...
[Search domain biblehub.com/luke/13-24.htm] Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able.
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. New Living Translation. "Work hard to enter the narrow door to God's Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail. English Standard Version.

Many try to be saved , and NEVER make it, they fail - often due to this false gospel in this thread and things similar to it, and things attached to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many try to be saved , and NEVER make it, they fail - often due to this false gospel in this thread and things similar to it, and things attached to it.
That is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the…

Ex= The Source

Di= The Agent

Eiv= The Goal

The Koine, ta pavnte, is the strongest word for all in the Scriptures; it literally means the all.

ta pavnte/ ta panta, “in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the all things, the universe, and, everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.”

**It is not in the limited sense of “nearly all”, “pavnte” minus “ta”

The final preposition [eiv) reveals the ultimate goal of all that is. What has been provided in Christ is a re-turn, a re-storation, a re-newing, a re-demption, a re-concilation, a re-surrection, a re-stitution.

The prefix “re” means back again, again, anew–and all the words with this prefix speak of something that left its place and has now made its circuit and come back to the point of its beginning.

In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;… down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him. -C.S. Lewis
God loves a good story. And what could be better than when creation comes full circle to be restored to the maker. Good stuff.

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ephesians+3-9+Administration+Of+The+Mystery+gray.jpg

Mystery= musterion =

Not the mysterious, but that which is outside the range of unassisted natural apprehension.

Can be made known ONLY by Divine revelation & at a time appointed by God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ephesians+3-9+Administration+Of+The+Mystery+gray.jpg

Mystery= musterion =

Not the mysterious, but that which is outside the range of unassisted natural apprehension.

Can be made known ONLY by Divine revelation & at a time appointed by God.

God, the Cause of Perceiving, Seeing and Hearing

“These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb. 2 And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the LORD did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land; 3 The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles: 4 Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day. 5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot. 6 Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God” (K.J.V.) (Deuteronomy 29:1-6)

Now, why did God do that?

For forty years He did not give them the ability to percieve, see nor hear what He was really giving to them. For forty years Israel was strewn along in the wilderness. If God had opened their perception, opened the eyes, opened their ears, then they would not have been strewn along.

Until and unless God opens up our perception to perceive, until He opens up our eyes to see, until God opens our ears to hear, we will not. Humanity, when left to themselves, cannot receive that which is of God.

"For the disposition of the flesh is death, yet the disposition of the spirit is life and peace, because the disposition of the flesh is enmity to God, for it is not subject to the law of God, for neither is it able. Now those who are in flesh are not able to please God" (Rom.8:6-8).

"Now the soulish man is not receiving those things which are of the spirit of God, for they are stupidity to him, and he is not able to know them . . . " (1Cor.2:14).

Yes, dear friend, there is no such thing as God giving man a choice to believe or not believe outside of Him making it so that they will or will not believe.
When the gospel goes out from the evangelist’s mouth concerning what God has accomplished for mankind through the death, burial and resurrection of His Blessed and Only Begotten Son, all humanity cannot believe it for they are not able to believe it! God has to open their perception to perceive, open their eyes to see and open their ears to hear . . . then, and only then will they perceive, see and hear.

We thank God for our salvation because we cannot save ourselves. In thanking God we are in effect saying that God has saved us and not we ourselves.

And we thank God, that, in the far off future He will do for the rest of mankind what He so graciously did for us in opening our perception, eyes and ears as is evidenced by Philippians 2:9-11. And it is all for the glory of God, the Father.

Thank you God for saving us! Amen!

© – Tony Nungesser

Copyright © Saviour of All Fellowship
P.O. Box 314,
Almont, MI 48003, U.S.A. 810-798-3563
This publication may be reproduced for personal use
(all other rights reserved by copyright holder).

Upvote 0