Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are them the same polls that predicted a Hillary win? They were saying the same about Trump rallies prior to the election. The rallies do not show anything since nothing can be taken from them. The experts were once again wrong. Besides Duluth, my place of birth and county seat went for Hillary. Hillary beat Trump in St Louis County in Duluth Minn as far as I know. These rallies also attract people from miles away. Now my coworker, born and raised in China, not an American citizen, and her mother, visiting from China tried to attend along with her American husband who despises Trump in Fargo. (Despised Hillary even more) The whole area was affected by people trying to do their job by the number of people, the cars, and some protestors, overhead planes etc.

Concerts including Taylor Swift did not get that sort of response.

Hi dmmesdale,

Some of them are and some of them aren't.

Obviously, you believe that it is and I'm sure that's all that matters...to you. From what I can tell your proofs are that you know of a couple of Chinese-Americans who were at the rally to support President Trump and you know of a few people who drove in from miles around that came to support him. Therefore, most Chinese-Americans must support President Trump and most people who live miles outside of one of his speaking areas must also support him. Especially if those few Chinese-Americans and those long distance drivers came into what was, during the election, an area that favored Ms. Clinton. Ok. That's obviously proof enough for you and I'm good with that.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A few thousand people or whatever out of 300+ million doesn't tell us anything at all about larger demographic trends.
Yeah you keep thinking that. If you cannot read the signs then you cannot find your way out of the woods.
Polling numbers do, though, and Trump's approval rating there is consistently at historical lows.
The polls indicated a Hillary landslide. What happened? Polls are not objective measurment when engineered to discourage or reflect the bias of the pollsters. The polls are not a robotic process. Manipulations do not reflect facts. If the left cares about facts then they need to change their paradigm. How many times can you be fooled by the so-called experts before the lightbulb goes off?

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi dmmesdale,

Some of them are and some of them aren't.

Obviously, you believe that it is and I'm sure that's all that matters...to you. From what I can tell your proofs are that you know of a couple of Chinese-Americans who were at the rally to support President Trump and you know of a few people who drove in from miles around that came to support him. Therefore, most Chinese-Americans must support President Trump and most people who live miles outside of one of his speaking areas must also support him. Ok. That's obviously proof enough for you and I'm good with that.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
They are not Chinese Americans. They are Chinese and they wanted to attend a Trump rally. Non-Americans. They want to return to China to live out their lives. First job paid around 100 dollars a month and a 6 day work week for a college grad in China. Here, she makes that much in a less than a day. The rallies are objective evidence of the popularity of the President in spite of the naysayers who cannot read the signs and appeal to polls which fail. So i don't know why you cannot even comprehend the argument being presented here. Facts do not care about your opinion, feelings, misinterpretations, or minimizing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
They are not Chinese Americans. They are Chinese and they wanted to attend a Trump rally. Non-Americans. First job paid around 100 dollars a month and a 6 day work week for a college grad in China. Here, she makes that much in a less than a day. The rallies are objective evidence of the popularity of the President in spite of the nay sayers who cannot read the signs and appeal to polls which fail. So i don't know why you cannot even comprehend the argument being presented here. Facts do not care about your opinion, or feelings.
Hilarious.

Upvote 0

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Have you forgotten Leftism is the party that protests displays of free speech with absolute violence? Not just one, twice, or even a dozen times but over and over?
That was out in Berkerly where PH.Ds were part of the protestors. Same with Missouri where attendance is way down on account of all the leftist activity. From WSJ

Indulging protesters can be expensive, as the University of Missouri is discovering three years after students successfully demanded the resignation of the president and chancellor. Last week the school said it will have to eliminate 185 positions on top of 308 cut last year.

Apparently fewer parents want to send their kids to a school where activism eclipses academics. Between the fall 2015 and 2017 semesters, freshman enrollment dropped by 35%. Lost tuition accounts for $29 million of the university’s current $49 million budget shortfall.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are not Chinese Americans. They are Chinese and they wanted to attend a Trump rally. Non-Americans. They want to return to China to live out their lives. First job paid around 100 dollars a month and a 6 day work week for a college grad in China. Here, she makes that much in a less than a day. The rallies are objective evidence of the popularity of the President in spite of the naysayers who cannot read the signs and appeal to polls which fail. So i don't know why you cannot even comprehend the argument being presented here. Facts do not care about your opinion, feelings, misinterpretations, or minimizing.

Hi dmmesdale,

I'm not arguing that there is a certain group of Americans that support the President. I'm not denying that it isn't a pretty large segment of the nation's people. After all, 40% of 300 million people is still over 1 million people. That's a lot of people in anyone's book, but...

It doesn't make any issue popular in the majority of the nation's people. The post, from which this discussion started, was about a claim that the 'majority' of the nation polls against President Trump. That doesn't mean that a whole bunch of folk, some 1.2 million, don't like/support him. 1.2 million people would fill a lot of 500-1000 people venues all across the nation.

You obviously support him and that's a good thing for you. It shows that Paul's warning to the Roman believers is becoming more and more true as we march through each successive generation.

Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Now, this warning doesn't mean that every person will display every trait that is mentioned. What it means is that more and more people will display at least one of the traits mentioned. So, we have some who will abandon natural relations with women. That's not your group. They want to fight against that trait. Men committing shameful acts with other men. That's also not a big trait in your group. Generally, the Republican supporter is seen as anywhere from mildly to extremely homophobic. However, then we get to those who are wicked, evil, greedy and depraved. That bunch does include some of your group. You don't see it that way, of course, just as Paul signs off saying that not only will people be doing these things, but they will also approve of those who do them.

Envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. These are also some of the traits that can be found in your group and other groups as well. Insolent, arrogant and boastful. That's probably a pretty good chunk of both parties. After all, even here we have boasting that 'my parties the right party'. No understanding, fidelity, love or mercy. That seems to pretty well, for me anyway, rightly describe President Trump himself. He has little understanding of the things of God. Just look at his practices in his relationship with God. Fidelity? The man's been married several times. Now, in today's world that isn't looked at as necessarily a bad thing, but there again, that's because we have shut out the truth of God and His word. God hates divorce is what the Scriptures tell us about His feelings on divorce. Jesus said that divorce creates adultery like a virus contagion. A divorced person who then has relations with others, sows that seed of adultery right on down the line. Love and mercy? I'd be hard pressed to see much of what President Trump does or says that I could say he does because of his love and mercy for others.

But that's just me, the other side of the poll. You likely don't see it that way and that's going to be ok with me. You likely want us to shut down our borders. You're likely afraid that we'll be overrun with immigrants and we will soon be the United States of Mexico. You believe that immigrants, both legal and illegal are draining our nation dry, although the actuality of the situation seems to be that we're running pretty strong economically and financially despite those small drains on our resources. It surely wasn't our immigration issue that brought about the financial collapse of the last decade. You exemplify a greediness in wrapping your hands around all that you have and declaring, "It's mine! It's all mine!" When you hear of someone wanting to leave their home country because they feel persecuted or in danger somehow, your attitude is likely, "Tough! If they want a better life they should fix their own government!"

You're excited to see your president stand up and bully other nations with his 'we're the greatest and the best and I'm the one who has made us the greatest and the best' policy. 'Everything that everyone else has ever done politically in this nation is bad and wrong and I'm here to fix it' braggadocio. It's not good enough that we be just another nation of people on the face of God's created earth working to live together in peace and fairness and harmony with one another. We have to be the best! We have to be the greatest! We are what the world should become!

Ok, I get it. You don't see that as a fulfillment of Paul's words in his writing to the Roman believers.

Unfortunately I do. I want to see the U.S. take it's place along side all the other nations of the world. I want people to look at my country and emulate us as a peaceful and merciful and loving nation that is blessed of God. A nation that exemplifies what it means to really be a christian nation. A nation that still stands by the proclamation found on the statue of Liberty. A nation that, instead of trying to shut everyone else of the world out, is comfortable and secure enough in it's own faith in God to know that the more we bless others, the more God will bless us. The more we work hand in hand with other nations, the better the world as a whole becomes.

But, the Scriptures say that you cannot serve God and money. Our President serves money. It's all about the money to him. Even his boasts when he started his campaign was to brag about all of his money. No president has ever done that before and so now the greed and boastfulness has infested even the highest office of the land. Paul was right!

BTW, I apologize for referring to your co-worker as a Chinese-American. You did say that they worked with you and so I assumed that they were living in America and likely have adopted much of the American way of life, although I'm sure not completely. That, in my book, would make them Chinese-American. Living a life adopting parts of both cultures. You don't seem to think, since they haven't actually become naturalized Americans through a swearing in ceremony, that they should be considered part American. That's ok and I can certainly see and understand the difference. So forgive me please for misrepresenting your co-worker. I'm sorry.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys,

Getting back to the account of Mr. Huckabee's regarding the activities after the Sanders' party left the Red Hen, it seems that his account is not verified. The restaurant that the rest of the party went to afterwards was several hundred feet down a cross street (Main St.) and there was, according to people in attendance at that restaurant no inciting to riot or protest. The eye witness testimony of others at the second restaurant is that Ms. Wilkinson (owner of Red Hen) was walking down Main St. as the Sanders party left the second establishment and that there was, seemingly completely unrelated to anyone's previous actions, a single person outside that was holding up a sign.

No one at the scene has claimed to have heard any yelling, screaming or encouragement from any of the involved parties to confront the Sanders party. This is according to the fake news 'Snopes.com': https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/huckabee-sanders-red-hen-protest/

Several employees of other non-related businesses deny that there was any kind of confrontation as Mr. Huckabee describes. Seems that there is actually someone attempting to incite something, but it doesn't seem to be Ms. Wilkinson.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Yeah you keep thinking that. If you cannot read the signs then you cannot find your way out of the woods. The polls indicated a Hillary landslide. What happened? Polls are not objective measurment when engineered to discourage or reflect the bias of the pollsters. The polls are not a robotic process. Manipulations do not reflect facts. If the left cares about facts then they need to change their paradigm. How many times can you be fooled by the so-called experts before the lightbulb goes off?

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

Anyone who disregards expertise in favour of...well, nothing to speak of is a fool a lot more than twice.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi dmmesdale,
You obviously support him and that's a good thing for you.
Good for the nation.
It shows that Paul's warning to the Roman believers is becoming more and more true as we march through each successive generation.
Not getting how support of Trump fullfills Romans 1. It is the Dems which argued for SSM as a right which is objective fiction. That sort of things brings on judgment from God who will not acquit the guilty.

Generally, the Republican supporter is seen as anywhere from mildly to extremely homophobic.
As is Paul so i don't get why you printed all that since it would apply more to your side. Repubs do have homosexuals supporting Trump. I don't care how political opponents view me nor do their judgments mean anything.
However, then we get to those who are wicked, evil, greedy and depraved. That bunch does include some of your group.
Its a fallen world so why not take your own inventory as opposed to taking everyone else? Do you see yourself as a confessor of other peoples sins?
God hates divorce is what the Scriptures tell us about His feelings on divorce. Jesus said that divorce creates adultery like a virus contagion.
His marriage situation is between him and God and we did not vote for Trump as our moral compass. Trump did not run for Pope. But President.
You likely want us to shut down our borders.
If it stops the drugs including heroin then yes. That is reason enough.
You're likely afraid that we'll be overrun with immigrants and we will soon be the United States of Mexico.
They are illegal tresspassers, not immigrants.
You believe that immigrants, both legal and illegal are draining our nation dry, although the actuality of the situation seems to be that we're running pretty strong economically and financially despite those small drains on our resources.
Take the front doors off your house and feed and support anyone who comes by since it would be a small drain. Try practicing what you preach.
It surely wasn't our immigration issue that brought about the financial collapse of the last decade. You exemplify a greediness in wrapping your hands around all that you have and declaring, "It's mine! It's all mine!" When you hear of someone wanting to leave their home country because they feel persecuted or in danger somehow, your attitude is likely, "Tough! If they want a better life they should fix their own government!"
Their governments are corrupt. They can be fixed to support their populations. Now you are engaging in unwelcome assessments which is not why we are here, off topic and rude.
Ok, I get it. You don't see that as a fulfillment of Paul's words in his writing to the Roman believers.
Unfortunately I do.
Well it is all so vague as to be meaningless. Esp when directed at Trump.
I want to see the U.S. take it's place along side all the other nations of the world.
Like Mexico. Where the legal age of consent for girls in most places is 12. They make large amounts of illegal drugs there.
But, the Scriptures say that you cannot serve God and money. Our President serves money.
Another judgment. What would we do without Christians to confess our sins for us?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,065.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah you keep thinking that. If you cannot read the signs then you cannot find your way out of the woods.

And if you don't understand sampling and selection bias, you're going to try and sell the idea that a few thousand people doing something is an accurate indication of what 300+ million people think.

The polls indicated a Hillary landslide. What happened?

She got 2 million plus more votes than her opponent.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good for the nation. Not getting how support of Trump fullfills Romans 1. It is the Dems which argued for SSM as a right which is objective fiction. That sort of things brings on judgment from God who will not acquit the guilty.

As is Paul so i don't get why you printed all that since it would apply more to your side. Repubs do have homosexuals supporting Trump. I don't care how political opponents view me nor do their judgments mean anything.
Its a fallen world so why not take your own inventory as opposed to taking everyone else? Do you see yourself as a confessor of other peoples sins?
His marriage situation is between him and God and we did not vote for Trump as our moral compass. Trump did not run for Pope. But President.
If it stops the drugs including heroin then yes. That is reason enough. They are illegal tresspassers, not immigrants.
Take the front doors off your house and feed and support anyone who comes by since it would be a small drain. Try practicing what you preach.
Their governments are corrupt. They can be fixed to support their populations. Now you are engaging in unwelcome assessments which is not why we are here, off topic and rude.
Well it is all so vague as to be meaningless. Esp when directed at Trump.
Like Mexico. Where the legal age of consent for girls in most places is 12. They make large amounts of illegal drugs there.
Another judgment. What would we do without Christians to confess our sins for us?
They are illegal tresspassers, not immigrants.

Exactly.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

Well, someone has to.

I have to say it’s rather refreshing to hear a Christian using the Bible to call out Christian collaborators.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She got 2 million plus more votes than her opponent.

If her supporters weren't so concentrated in CA and NY, then they would have been more representative of the interests of the nation as a whole. That's why the electoral college is a good system.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,065.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If her supporters weren't so concentrated in CA and NY, then they would have been more representative of the interests of the nation as a whole. That's why the electoral college is a good system.

Yeah, voters deserve to have their votes not count because they live in places that people want to live and work.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think that as a system it is well thought out. America was always a very diverse landscape in terms of geography and industry and society and culture. The best interest of any particular region or culture or special interest group is often going to conflict with the particular interest groups of another. Contrary to the latest popular meme there is not strength in diversity. There is conflict in diversity.
But, there IS strength in unity, and the way that different interests find unity is by making them all a part of the game.
Clinton was quite willing to write off huge swaths of the country as deplorable and concentrate on the new demographic. America was politically designed to thwart such efforts.
Everybody has either got to scratch each other’s back, or go to bed with an itch.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that as a system it is well thought out. America was always a very diverse landscape in terms of geography and industry and society and culture.

Any Federal system, if it is to survive, has to protect the rights of the smaller states/provinces.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0