Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know anyone who's moderate-left who supports rioting in the streets, shutting down speaking engagements by lighting dumpsters on fire etc...

Both of those have been strongly supported by leftists on CF.

Here's the key distinction to keep in mind though... The extremes on the right have been large enough that they've actually been able to get enough support to get some of their own elected to public office.

Really? Who?

When I read about politicians being arrested for participation in violent protests, they are always on the left. And, since the mainstream media leans left, I don't think that's the result of biased reporting.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Really? I have not seen anyone support rioting in the streets, shutting down speaking engagements, or even lighting dumpsters on fire. Can you give us some links?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am giving you what the fed has told us in our bi-annual EEO training, which I took last month. Took what I said straight from the book.
No. This was presented by the federal governmnet for my agency which has offices all over the country. IT had nothing to do with state law, dealing ONLY with federal law.
Someone posted to you last night, you must have missed it.
EEO, Equal Employment Opportunity, I'm not sure what point you were making about the Red Hen gay employees and SHS.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It does not just cover who gets hired or how employees are treated in the workplace. (but that is the bulk of it)

It also covers any suppliers or customers in our workplace as well.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It does not just cover who gets hired or how employees are treated in the workplace. (but that is the bulk of it)

It also covers any suppliers or customers in our workplace as well.

Either way, it only covers situations under the jurisdiction of the EEOC, and if I understand your posts correctly, the protections afforded to LGBT individuals stem mainly from how the EEOC chooses to interpret the statute and not because the statute explicitly protects orientation.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Have you forgotten Leftism is the party that protests displays of free speech with absolute violence? Not just one, twice, or even a dozen times but over and over?

Is Trump a leftist? He's personally protested displays of free speech & encouraged violence. Offered to pay for attorney fees to cover the costs of it. Not just one, twice, or even a dozen times, but over & over?

Was the 51-year-old Trump supporter who threw chicken poop at Red Hen to protest their rights he disagreed with also a leftist?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you know I haven't put any thought or analysis into this--have you noticed how many posts I'm putting up?
Yes, I have noticed, but quantity is not indicative of quality. Anyway, I didn't say that you haven't put any thought or analysis into these propagandistic smears, just that these smears have no thought or analysis in them - there's a difference. Insults are not arguments.

a lot of thought and not a small bit of analysis either. So maybe your post represents "rote tribalism".
You can do better than "no u"- you're not stupid in the least.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Well now if that's true then that should be real ease to prove with some links to posts showing that there are folks who were strongly supporting rioting & lighting dumpsters on fire, vs supporting peaceful protests.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That is not true. The recent rallies say it all.

A few thousand people or whatever out of 300+ million doesn't tell us anything at all about larger demographic trends. Polling numbers do, though, and Trump's approval rating there is consistently at historical lows.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well now if that's true then that should be real ease to prove with some links to posts showing that there are folks who were strongly supporting rioting & lighting dumpsters on fire, vs supporting peaceful protests.
I think there's going to be some attempt to conflate "not falling for using Antifa as a distraction from right-wingers killing people at KKK rallies" and "wholeheartedly supporting anything Antifa might do".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well on the topic of protests, the attacks on Red Hens have been the online version of rioting, setting dumpster fires. On account of Trump's pathetic Tweets where he relished bullying Red Hen but failed to specify which Red Hen he was attacking, establishments around the country named Red Hen have been tarred & feathered. Yelp has had to close the reviews for many of them on account of the flooding of fake reviews. Folks were claiming the owner of the Red Hen in NYC was a bigot, that pubic hair had been found in their food. Grown folks were probably the ones writing that, smh. The Red Hen in DC was vandalized, had to get a PR person in there. Several of the Red Hens have received death threats.

• Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Really? Who?

You can find quite a few if you review the membership list for the former Tea Party Caucus. ...and even a few within the "Freedom Caucus" would fit that mold.

There's more than just actually physically participating in these activities that could make a politician extreme.

I would say that pretty much any congressman that was a birther would fit that description. (and there were several)

The discussion was centered around the moderate-left, and you mentioned that the moderate left supports those actions. Sure, you can find some far-left here on CF that support it, but I want you to back up your original claim that moderate democrats support these actions.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Identity also refers to traits, such as race, nationality, sexual orientation. Nevertheless I'll be real careful with word choice in any future posts with you.

Identity can also relate to what a person does for a living. People may ask you from time to time when they first meet you, "So, what do you do?" Many people identify themselves by what they do for a living.

As for multiple meanings of words, haven't you recognized that those on the Left side of the political spectrum have for a long time been attempting to redefine words in the English language to suit their own needs through "political correctness"? It's a way of getting around the truth. As a result, accusations of racism work almost entirely when a black person accuses a white person of it, but not vice versa. When we talk about identity, it has been made to be more about a person's skin color and sexual activities than their name or occupation. That's because racial and gender politics have been used by the Left for a long time to demonize those who don't agree with them. Really, it's a form of censorship--a way of shutting down the arguments of the other side by using accusations based on whatever it is they want to redefine.

As a result, we now see targeting and discrimination from the Left, and we're supposed to see it as being ok, even though people are being targeted based on who they are, what their occupation is or what their political views are. It's being accepted because who a person is has been redefined as a person's skin color and sexual activity--an extremely shallow definition of who a person is.

But you and I can disagree on all of this and that's ok too.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Identity can also relate to what a person does for a living. People may ask you from time to time when they first meet you, "So, what do you do?" Many people identify themselves by what they do for a living.

As for multiple meanings of words, haven't you recognized that those on the Left side of the political spectrum have for a long time been attempting to redefine words in the English language to suit their own needs through "political correctness"? It's a way of getting around the truth. As a result, accusations of racism work almost entirely when a black person accuses a white person of it, but not vice versa. When we talk about identity, it has been made to be more about a person's skin color and sexual activities than their name or occupation. That's because racial and gender politics have been used by the Left for a long time to demonize those who don't agree with them. Really, it's a form of censorship--a way of shutting down the arguments of the other side by using accusations based on whatever it is they want to redefine.

As a result, we now see targeting and discrimination from the Left, and we're supposed to see it as being ok, even though people are being targeted based on who they are, what their occupation is or what their political views are. It's being accepted because who a person is has been redefined as a person's skin color and sexual activity--an extremely shallow definition of who a person is.

But you and I can disagree on all of this and that's ok too.

Aldebaran, occupation is not a protected class in the state of Virginia. Now, before you start another little squabble over semantics instead of just addressing the point made, please note that the word class doesn't just refer to something inside of a classroom. Race, sexual orientation, gender, martial status, nationality, disability - those are protected classes. It's why it's asinine to compare a "whites only" restaurant policy of the past that was systematic discrimination to Sarah Huckabee Sanders being politely asked to leave a restaurant on account of her own actions. It's important to note, once again, that she was indeed served & got to enjoy her wine and cheese compliments of the house, and that she was asked to leave by someone of the same race, gender, marital status, nationality as herself, who is also middle-aged like herself.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Aldebaran, occupation is not a protected class in the state of Virginia. Now, before you start another little squabble over semantics instead of just addressing the point made, please note that the word class doesn't just refer to something inside of a classroom. Race, sexual orientation, gender, martial status, nationality, disability - those are protected classes. It's why it's asinine to compare a "whites only" restaurant policy of the past that was systematic discrimination to Sarah Huckabee Sanders being politely asked to leave a restaurant on account of her own actions.

Now you're looking at it according to legal definitions. Since we both identify as believers, I thought we were discussing it on more of a moral level.

It's important to note, once again, that she was indeed served & got to enjoy her wine and cheese compliments of the house, and that she was asked to leave by someone of the same race, gender, marital status, nationality as herself, who is also middle-aged like herself.

Was she also of the same political view? You bring up race, gender, age, etc. but she wasn't asked to leave because of those things. She was asked to leave because of political views and because of who she is as a person.

However, I'll play along with your legal points. Suppose the owner of the restaurant was black, was younger, and was a man. You brought up those traits of the owner as if those are relevant. Would that have made it wrong? Or suppose Barack Obama goes to a restaurant and is asked to leave by the manager because she didn't approve of Obama's actions when he was president. Does it matter if the owner if white, is older or younger, is single, is a woman or a Republican?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Now you're looking at it according to legal definitions. Since we both identify as believers, I thought we were discussing it on more of a moral level.

Was she also of the same political view? You bring up race, gender, age, etc. but she wasn't asked to leave because of those things. She was asked to leave because of political views and because of who she is as a person.

Smh. No, I'm not just now looking at it with legal definitions. Legal, logical, and moral definitions have been the basis for all of my posts. Your exasperating squabble over semantics has made me have to be very tedious with you, using legal definitions I'd just assumed most folks already fully understood & therefore didn't require being stated.

I don't know if the owner of Red Hen & SHS are of the same political affiliation. What I do know is that though the little town of Lexington is more liberal-leaning, it's surrounded by more conservative areas & it gets a good number number of tourists. The Confederate general Stonewall Jackson is buried beside the restaurant. A lot of folks interested in Confederate history visit that. Those folks tend to be more conservative. On Trip Advisor there's reviews from hundreds of folks dating back a decade, & they're almost all positive. It has an almost perfect rating. Had they been in the habit of turning away folks who don't share the same political views, folks would have taken to the site before the SHS thing was being talked about nationally to state that.

However, I'll play along with your legal points. Suppose the owner of the restaurant was black, was younger, and was a man. You brought up those traits of the owner as if those are relevant. Would that have made it wrong?

I brought up the traits on account of the repeated false equivalencies folks have made here between SHS being asked to leave a restaurant on account of her actions & systematic discrimination such as "whites only" restaurants. If the owner was black, younger & a man and have behaved in the exact same manner as the owner of the Red Hen did, politely talking to SHS in private & explaining the reasons for asking her to leave (support of cruel & unethical policies) he'd have been just as justified. Of course all the folks running around, stupidly tarring & feathering restaurants up in Canada that just happen to have the same name as Red Hen, would be making an even bigger stink than they are now. It already stinks pretty bad considering that Trump supporters have thrown chicken crap at the restaurant.

Refresh my memory - are you the same fellow who said you hardly ever brushed your teeth for 11 years on account of how you just didn't see the point? Not related to this topic; I'm asking on account of trying to understand who it is I'm having a conversation with, how to go about making points to you.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Refresh my memory - are you the same fellow who said you hardly ever brushed your teeth for 11 years on account of how you just didn't see the point? Not related to this topic; I'm asking on account of trying to understand who it is I'm having a conversation with, how to go about making points to you.

Ah done know wut you be talkin' bout!

30456FB600000578-3404043-image-a-8_1453068708427.jpg

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I guess they thought that Trump supporters were docile and tolerant of people who treat them as the enemy.
People have a constitutional right to assemble and to protest,
The restaurant is not just a place to eat chicken now, but a political game piece. ThIs was what they owners and workers chose for it to become.
Maybe people will forget in a week.
Maybe not.
Either way, making politics personal has no downside.
Fun. Fun. Fun.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well I guess it's a choice. Business owners can choose to make decisions that could well jeopardize their income potential and if they do that fine. If they find in time their profitability just isn't being realized and decide to close shop well they're the ones who crossed the line to become political. They certainly don't deserve to whine about their financial downfall in the future. Sad though. What will all this lead to. Restaurants that serve one group of people and others which serve another? Maybe in 100 years someone will arrive at an enlightened thought, that, "Hey! We're just going to make everyone feel welcome and serve all equally!" Yes call it a Brave New World!
It would, if business owners by and large did not have common sense. The market is not kind in general to inane decisions. Even segration was more about government Jim Crow laws than it was about businesses freely choosing to turn away paying customers.

Upvote 0

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi dmmesdale,

You do realize that none of that argument 'proves' the position. Just because a couple of dozen or couple of hundred 'fans and supporters' stand in line for 15 hrs in advance does not prove any position about someone's overall popularity. It just means that the person is very popular to those people.

Population Fargo ND = 115,000

How many people were in the venue in Fargo?

Population Duluth MN - 86,000

How many people were in the venue in Duluth?

My guess is that neither venue was attended by 60,000 and 45,000 people respectively. No one is claiming that President Trump doesn't have any fans or supporters. After all, there's you.

However, polls by every single polling agency in the country puts President Trump's popularity below a majority. So, we all have a choice here. We can believe you who counted 40,000 people in a venue in Duluth and then drove over to Fargo and counted another 55,000, or we can believe polling agencies that do this kind of stuff for a living. I'm just saying that the evidence, according to all metrics, is that it is a true statement as regards the overall population of the country.

Just because his appearance was attended by 500 people doesn't have any bearing on the fact of the previous poster's claim. But, it's likely that someone whose mentor is President Trump, wouldn't understand the reality of what truth is.

According to this local source, people were expected to start standing in line about 9-10 a.m. for a program that was to begin at 6:30 p.m. I couldn't find any evidence in a quick search of lines in Duluth that supported a claim of a 15 hr. wait. Perhaps you could lead me to your source, or were you there 15 hrs. before?
Trump rally attendees expected to line up early at Duluth rally

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Are them the same polls that predicted a Hillary win? They were saying the same about Trump rallies prior to the election. The rallies do not show anything since nothing can be taken from them. The experts were once again wrong. Besides Duluth, my place of birth and county seat went for Hillary. Hillary beat Trump in St Louis County in Duluth Minn as far as I know. These rallies also attract people from miles away. Now my coworker, born and raised in China, not an American citizen, and her mother, visiting from China tried to attend along with her American husband who despises Trump in Fargo. (Despised Hillary even more) The whole area was affected by people trying to do their job by the number of people, the cars, and some protestors, overhead planes etc.

Concerts including Taylor Swift did not get that sort of response.

Upvote 0