Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
There might be some groups that exist solely for that purpose. However, "we're having an open carry protest" became just a lame way of justifying carrying rifles to an opponents event simply to intimidate people. ...or it's one heck of a coincidence that they just seem to frequently choose the parking lot of a venue where democrats just happen to be holding events at the same exact time.

They've even gone as far as standing outside polling stations like the incident in Loudoun County, Virginia where they were intimidating people out of voting for "Crooked Hillary" in their words.

When I similar incident happened in 2008 with a democrat standing outside of a polling place holding a nightstick, the conservative media outlets had a field day with it.

...and while there might not be people urging those actions, there are certainly people rationalizing it. ...and as far as "urging" it, I wouldn't expect there to be since that's much more severe. Heckling someone at a restaurant is a far cry from intimidating someone with a rifle.

Have you forgotten Leftism is the party that protests displays of free speech with absolute violence? Not just one, twice, or even a dozen times but over and over?

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Have you forgotten Leftism is the party that protests displays of free speech with absolute violence? Not just one, twice, or even a dozen times but over and over?

I think the Right sometimes does that as well. It shows all sides must change. And let's not blame one, but change the way things are probably handled. Someone has to be mature, even if that person slugged first they should handle it with grace which Trump didn't.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Lisa B, trashing the Left, yet again.This propaganda is little else but rote tribalism - no real thought or analysis.

How do you know I haven't put any thought or analysis into this--have you noticed how many posts I'm putting up? a lot of thought and not a small bit of analysis either. So maybe your post represents "rote tribalism".

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I think the Right sometimes does that as well. It shows all sides must change. And let's not blame one, but change the way things are probably handled. Someone has to be mature, even if that person slugged first they should handle it with grace which Trump didn't.

Did you even read to what I was responding? Or no?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Federal law does not protect sexual orientation.
Title VII or the Civil Rights Act (1964) as interpreted by the courts, prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity as discrimination on the basis of sex.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Title VII or the Civil Rights Act (1964) as interpreted by the courts, prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity as discrimination on the basis of sex.

The lower courts are split actually, and the Civil Rights Act itself says nothing about sexual orientation or gender identity.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The lower courts are split actually, and the Civil Rights Act itself says nothing about sexual orientation or gender identity.
I am giving you what the fed has told us in our bi-annual EEO training, which I took last month. Took what I said straight from the book.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I am giving you what the fed has told us in our bi-annual EEO training, which I took last month. Took what I said straight from the book.

THat might be Title 9 or your state or who knows. Some states do have laws like that. But it's not in the Civil Rights Act at all, though some lower courts have magically ruled that it is, and some have not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
THat might be Title 9 or your state or who knows.
No. This was presented by the federal governmnet for my agency which has offices all over the country. IT had nothing to do with state law, dealing ONLY with federal law.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Unite The Right is run by lefties? Who knew?

Don't even know who that is. I'm sure they're neo-Nazi, and I'm sure you have examples of them shutting down free speech right? Not just demonstrating, but attempting to shut down speech they don't like.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Don't even know who that is. I'm sure they're neo-Nazi, and I'm sure you have examples of them shutting down free speech right?

Yep, in that case by running people over with a car. Do some research - there's nothing wrong with learning facts instead of Fox News propaganda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Given the majority of the country disapproves of Trump, why would you expect otherwise?
That is not true. The recent rallies say it all. In Bue collar Dem run Duluth Minn? Trump was a bit hit. People are standing in line 15 hrs in advance. Trump was in Fargo last night. Another big hit. These events are the tip of the iceberg. My Non-American Chinese coworker wanted to go and take her mother who is currently visiting. We got off too late. Even non-Americans are for Trump. The place was paked with thousands left outside.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

What do you mean "The Party"..."Left" isn't a party. "Left" is an entire half of the spectrum, and I dare say moderate leftists are far from violent. Now, if you want to talk extremes, sure, you can find violence. However, if you're implying that the entirety of the left half of the spectrum is the same as the most extreme pockets of the Antifa movement, then I would disagree with your assessment.

For every leftist antifa member, you can find one of these dudes on the right... (often times at the exact same event)

upload_2018-6-28_8-49-33.jpeg

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not true. The recent rallies say it all. In Bue collar Dem run Duluth Minn? Trump was a bit hit. People are standing in line 15 hrs in advance. Trump was in Fargo last night. Another big hit. These events are the tip of the iceberg. My Non-American Chinese coworker wanted to go and take her mother who is currently visiting. We got off too late. Even non-Americans are for Trump. The place was paked with thousands left outside.

Hi dmmesdale,

You do realize that none of that argument 'proves' the position. Just because a couple of dozen or couple of hundred 'fans and supporters' stand in line for 15 hrs in advance does not prove any position about someone's overall popularity. It just means that the person is very popular to those people.

Population Fargo ND = 115,000

How many people were in the venue in Fargo?

Population Duluth MN - 86,000

How many people were in the venue in Duluth?

My guess is that neither venue was attended by 60,000 and 45,000 people respectively. No one is claiming that President Trump doesn't have any fans or supporters. After all, there's you.

However, polls by every single polling agency in the country puts President Trump's popularity below a majority. So, we all have a choice here. We can believe you who counted 40,000 people in a venue in Duluth and then drove over to Fargo and counted another 55,000, or we can believe polling agencies that do this kind of stuff for a living. I'm just saying that the evidence, according to all metrics, is that it is a true statement as regards the overall population of the country.

Just because his appearance was attended by 500 people doesn't have any bearing on the fact of the previous poster's claim. But, it's likely that someone whose mentor is President Trump, wouldn't understand the reality of what truth is.

According to this local source, people were expected to start standing in line about 9-10 a.m. for a program that was to begin at 6:30 p.m. I couldn't find any evidence in a quick search of lines in Duluth that supported a claim of a 15 hr. wait. Perhaps you could lead me to your source, or were you there 15 hrs. before?
Trump rally attendees expected to line up early at Duluth rally

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean "The Party"..."Left" isn't a party. "Left" is an entire half of the spectrum, and I dare say moderate leftists are far from violent. Now, if you want to talk extremes, sure, you can find violence. However, if you're implying that the entirety of the left half of the spectrum is the same as the most extreme pockets of the Antifa movement, then I would disagree with your assessment.

True, but the "moderate" left tends to support groups like Antifa. It's not surprising that the two get equated in people's minds.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True, but the "moderate" left tends to support groups like Antifa. It's not surprising that the two get equated in people's minds.

There's a difference between supporting a subset of ideas, and supporting a group's actions.

I don't know anyone who's moderate-left who supports rioting in the streets, shutting down speaking engagements by lighting dumpsters on fire etc...

Much like I don't know anyone in the moderate-right who supports the idea of showing up with a gun to a public rally, and pointing it at the opposing side to "shut them up"

Now, do most right wing folks support open carry? probably. Do most left-wing folks vehemently oppose alt-right nationalist rhetoric? undoubtedly. But that's a far cry from saying that everyone on the left supports antifa and everyone on the right supports white nationalism.

Here's the key distinction to keep in mind though... The extremes on the right have been large enough that they've actually been able to get enough support to get some of their own elected to public office. I've yet to see any prominent antifa members get elected.

• Agree
Upvote 0