United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello!

I'm interested in End Times

I've been looking into The Rapture lately

But I'd like to hear what other Christians think about it, as I know it is not universally accepted by Christians. I have two questions:

So... 1) in your opinion: is The Rapture biblical - or not biblical?

And: 2) in your opinion will The Rapture ever happen? Yes or No? - please, explain! :)

(I'm currently undecided and need more input)

Thanks!

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello!

But I'd like to hear what other Christians think about it, as I know it is not universally accepted by Christians. I have two questions:

And: 2) in your opinion will The Rapture ever happen? Yes or No? - please, explain! :)

Thanks!
So is a Rapture biblical? Well in the scripture it already says there's been a rapture of sorts by God taking out of this world two of his righteous saints in the OT, Enoch & Elijah. Gen 5:24, 2 Kings 2:11

And can a Rapture ever happen? Maybe a better question would be has God not taken out of the earth or out of certain regions his servants so that they wouldn't be judged? Yes. Lot and family were taken out of Sodom by the angels. Noah and family likewise. When it comes to God's judgments, there's an established principle that God does not destroy the righteous with the wicked. Gen 18:23

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible does not mention anything like today's "Rapture" teaching. It began in the 1800s of questionable sources. But, on the last day, when Christ returns, the Christians then living a transformed into heavenly bodies and taken to heaven just before the universe explodes, and the new heavens and earth appear. Today's "Rapture" theory drives people crazy. https://twitter.com/hashtag/raptureanxiety?lang=en

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: nopq
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello!

And: 2) in your opinion will The Rapture ever happen? Yes or No? - please, explain!
The 'rapture to heaven' of the Church is not Biblical
The Plans of God for His people are not to take them to heaven, but to test them, 1 Peter 4:12, and then to Bless them as they all go to live in all of the Holy Land. Isaiah 35, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 62:1-5, Romans 9:24-26

The only prophesied removal to heaven of anybody, is the 2 Witnesses, Revelation 11:12. No one else will go to heaven and after the Millennium; God and therefore heaven comes to the earth, Revelation 21:1-7

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And more about the Rapture.

I've been doing some scanning the internet more so on youtube seeing a new trend and that is people claiming in rather large numbers over the last year or so to be having dreams about the Rapture....I find it quite fascinating.

The general thought they say is that Jesus impressed them that he his coming very, very soon and they're to tell people their stories. Now are we to accept what they're saying is true? Not necessarily. But I'm not sure it's safe to dismiss what they're all saying either. I'm sure there can be some who like to tell a tall tale and they've made it up. Others genuinely had a dream along these lines and yet it still might just be a dream not really from God but just something they've dreamed. There are others who I can't deny God did give them what they're saying.... a rapture dream.

I've always had a scriptural viewpoint on just when the rapture occurs (and I'm not talking about the day or hour) but where it's located in Revelation. I find a lot of their stories although they don't bring in the scriptures or talk about them it does seem to line up with what I've believed. I'm not even sure they know their stories line up with the scripture in what is actually taking place at the time of the rapture, but they've reported to have seen it in their dreams. Interesting.

• Informative
Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The following video should be helpful.
Is shows the event is described in 1 Thessalonians chapter 4, and the timing of the event is found in chapter 5.

The words "we", and "sleep" in 1 Thessalonians 5:10 prove the two chapters are connected.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Christ is King
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,316.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello!

Thanks!
My view on the "rapture of the church" has changed these last few months, only because I never really looked into it until recently. A literal rapture of the church been such a generalisation, I couldn't make sense of it. I can't say at this time that I adhere to a pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation, pre-wrath, post-tribulation to be a literal rapture. I am more to dismissing a literal rapture based on discrepancies of this view throughout the Bible, before, during and after the eschatological distress never seen or to occur ever again.

I do, however, believe in a great revival with the restoration of the temple of the LORD (not a literal building, but the revival of the body of Christ, which would seem to be only a remnant will truly return. Perhaps this is the 144,000, the elect, the sealed). This 'great awakening' that is to happen in the world is certainly biblical and appears to be the "rapture" that many Christians have mixed up into believing is a literal rapture due to the default belief of it in certain traditional dispensational theologies.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The general thought they say is that Jesus impressed them that he his coming very, very soon and they're to tell people their stories. Now are we to accept what they're saying is true? Not necessarily. But I'm not sure it's safe to dismiss what they're all saying either.
The Rapture is absolutely Biblical and it takes place in the Last Day with Jesus' second coming and the general resurrection of the dead.

The Lord may come at any time. This is his world, He created it, and He is welcome at any time. As the Apostle Paul wrote, Marana tha. That is "Our Lord come."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hello!

Thanks!

Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:23-24 that for those in Christ will be resurrected 'each in his own order'. He then explains the orders. Christ is the firstfruits. When you read about that in Leviticus 23, the offering required a sheaf of barley, not a single strand. When Christ was raised from the dead, so were a number of saints. Matthew 27:52-53, "The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many." This was the fulfillment of the offering requirement of the Firstfruits.

The second order Paul mentions is those raised at His coming, the same coming he brings up a bit later in verse 52, "in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed" The rapture of the Church. This rapture is further demonstrated in Revelation 12:5 and Isaiah 26:19-21. In both of these instances, the context shows this one occurs prior to the wrath being released on the earth.

The third order Paul gives us are those resurrected at the end. Partly shown in Matthew 24 and Revelation 20:4, aka the Post-Trib rapture, which is held so dear as the only coming by those who have chosen to ignore the other two.

One down and two to go.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello!

Thanks!

Hopefully I'm going to be taken up. I don't want to have to go through all that's going to happen. Tough times are ahead.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello!

Thanks!

Need to have more info .... what "type of" rapture in general or a secret rapture?

in the general sense will people be "raptured" (taken from this world to heaven when Jesus returns) .... yes biblical

"Secret rapture" - is it secret? No ... not biblical

secret

adjective
  1. not known or seen or not meant to be known or seen by others.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully I'm going to be taken up. I don't want to have to go through all that's going to happen. Tough times are ahead.
How can that be possible? Reward before testing and Judgment? Not likely!
The Rapture is absolutely Biblical and it takes place in the Last Day with Jesus' second coming and the general resurrection of the dead.
Again; the mention of 'rapture'- 'harpazo', here doesn't say it is to heaven, as many would like to think.
1 Thessalonians 4:17 is a description of what will happen when Jesus Returns. He will gather His people to Him, Matthew 24:30-31, initially in the clouds, then in Jerusalem. A horizontal transportation.
Humans never go to heaven, Jesus said so. John 3:13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abraxos

Christ is King
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,316.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lord may come at any time. This is his world, He created it, and He is welcome at any time. As the Apostle Paul wrote, Marana tha. That is "Our Lord come."
Disagree. "The day of the LORD" seen throughout the Bible should not be confused with a broader generalisation that He can come at anytime because this is His world. God has not yet initiated dominion on this earth because this world is still in a fallen state as seen with much corruption and godlessness. Even throughout the Bible, there are significant events that have had an 'appointed time' for its appearance. Demons are aware of the appointed times of the Lord (Matt 8:29). Jesus himself had his ministry for three years die on the feast of Passover and after three days be resurrected on the feast of first fruits. He intimately understood the 'appointed feasts of the LORD' had prophetic significance (John 7:6-8). These feasts are not Jewish holidays, but are the LORD's appointed feasts, and in Hebrew, it means moedim = "appointed times" of the LORD.

So, I dismiss an "anytime rapture" or "anytime arrival" or "anytime secret rapture" in the context of a very important event (to us and to God) that is to take place as it is simply out-of-character in the way God operates throughout the Bible. The LORD is a God of order (1 Cor 14:33), there is pattern and reason in what He does, not a random "anytime secret literal rapture" that alarmingly many Christians probably believe.

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Matt Torres

Jun 24, 2020
Western Nc
✟8,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello!

Thanks!

You will find that the opinion and truth from Jesus is far greater then anything me or anyone else can offer you.

If you accept that the Word of God is the Bible then just read theses verse and tell me what do you think?

Matt 24:27-31, Mark 13:24-26, 1Th4:16-17, Rev 19:11-21 KJV

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello!

Thanks!
The Rapture will take place. The big argument in Christianty is over the timing of when.

Traditionally, there are three or four main camps of belief on the timing. Pre-trib (pre-70th week), Mid trib in the middle of the 70th week, Post trib at the end of the 70th week. Pre-wrath which is sometime in the second half of the 70th week.

They each have their plus and minuses to each camp.

I came up with my own view to resolve the shortcomings in the traditional views to what I think is the correct view - which I call the "anytime rapture view" a window of time for the rapture to take place, between today and the day when the Antichrist commits the transgression of desolation act in the middle part of the 70th week.

upload_2020-6-24_12-44-19.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Matt Torres

Jun 24, 2020
Western Nc
✟8,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Makes sense.

Don’t device yourself from the truth. You will suffer through great tribulation. As Jesus suffered to redeem us all.

Don’t take the Mark of the Beast and u will lose your mortal life. There is a reward for this suffering. Read Rev 20

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0