Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fear is a natural by-product of end time discussion. However, death is no different now than it was for Christians during the time of Nero, for instances. Fear of death is the real fear....past, present or future....doesnt matter if you're a Christian or not....even Christ feared what he had to go thru with the cruxifiction.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Guide !

I'm new so go easy on me...lol

Not sure if the Church of Philadelphia goes thru any tribulations....the reason I say this is because of the placement of the description of the 144k in chapter 14. It comes before the description of The Mark in chp 14, which we all know is the start of the GT.

It's okay I agree that only the 144,000 will be raptured before the great and terrible day of the Lord. I'm just surprised to hear someone else here who also believes this. I believe that they will be raptured with the Two Witnesses and are presented as an offering to God by Elijah and Moses the Two Witnesses. Similar to How the holy men who broke out of their graves were also presented as a first fruits offering to God by Jesus at His Resurrection (So I understand). Welcome to CF btw.

Upvote 0

patdee

Sep 20, 2016
Duluth, Georgia
✟23,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The powers that be that seem to be aligning against the US president.

"97 US firms, including Apple & Google, lean on Trump travel ban in court"

97 US firms, including Apple & Google, lean on Trump travel ban in court

It would almost seem to make sense that a leader like that would be in the US at the time of the Rapture. Not that this is the case, but who really knows, could be, since the Rapture is due any time now. Almost like the mercy of the Lord. Some issues like pro life and other Christian values have been elevated again, after a long period of anti bible values being pushed from the top there.

If by some chance Trump were the Rapture President it makes sense that his rule would be quite temporary, and somewhat limited. (Because the evil powers will soon rule here in the end we are told . including a global government). Nevertheless, it is amazing that the government leaders at this moment anyhow, seem to be more on God's people's side than in the camp of the enemy of our souls.

Imagine a US and world where most of the government and people of the US were suddenly gone!

You could be correct, but I highly doubt it. Here is why. For 2,000 yrs Christians have used EVERY thing possible, to prove the "Rapture" was near*. Even more, it is obvious that if one studies the disciples and Paul, that they too believed Jesus would return in their OWN life times. Of course He did not. So millions since have believed and prophesied that Jesus' "return" was near, but none of them have come to fruition. The disciples and all since were/are duped by one verse:

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

The word "this generation" was projected to be in the future by Jesus; as though He was talking in past tense; even though He was speaking in present tense. This is a common malady in language, sadly. Remember the entire Chapter 24 of Mathew was about the END times. NOT present happenings. Please keep that in mind

* Also, the word "Rapture" does not appear in the bible. But it is a nice word to represent Jesus' "calling up" of the saints; which He will do. Actually it should be interpreted, "Calling up". IE:

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump(et): for the (last) trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and (we that are alive) shall be changed (be saved also).
1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the (last) trump(et) of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign (be) with him a thousand years (earthly time; heavenly time is one day-waiting for the lost to be resurrected so we both face judgment-then the saints are pardoned-the lost go to hell).

Notice that Jesus does NOT come back to earth (as most believe). He simply comes down from Heaven and we meet Him IN the air. In other words, He descends down and we (the dead saints and the living saints) ascend up to meet him in the sky.

Sadly, MOST Christians and pastors have espoused that Jesus is coming back to this earth and He will set up His Kingdom here. This is a satan led myth that all too many have bought into. It is false doctrine.

It is like saying to someone, "I will come and get you and take you back with me". That is what Jesus meant in ALL verses that are used to represent the "rapture". Believe it or not.

Also, current events NEVER determine this miracle of miracles episode. We know this because He said, "When you think NOT..........". This means NO one will know "the day or the hour". Rather: ALL will be surprised. There will be shock and awe worldwide by both the saved and the unsaved, when He calls us up. First the dead then the living. By this time, ALL will have give up hope so to speak.

Matthew 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh (to get us).

In any case, May Jesus richly bless you and yours always.

Reactions: Bruce Carr
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
1 John 4: 18 --- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

But some of the things God does in the Bible do seem like we should fear him.

Upvote 0

CTGuy

Sep 4, 2015
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is interesting to ponder heaven, and meeting or loved ones, and no more sickness and new bodies, and Jesus fulfilling His promises to take us to a place He prepared for us...etc.

As for that 'christian life' business, I have never seen anyone live it yet. You? I would think Jesus in us is the Christian life! The works some people think are 'the life' are often pathetic and ridiculous.

The "Christian Life" I mentioned is to continue living as a Christian - like the song says "And they'll know we are Christians by our love" ;-) Just saying that we continue to be loving Christians - a beacon of light in the world.
Matthew 5:14-16
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Upvote 0

Bill22054

Apr 23, 2013
✟15,304.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A lot of American Christians are very strange. They mix their politics with their religion. That is not often done in Canada, and when it is, it is frowned upon by everybody. To say that Trump is a Christian or God's will for America is offensive to millions for Trump is hated not only by about half the American population, but, by much of the world population who see him as racist megalomaniac. Franklin Graham's fawning over him certainly turns a lot of people off the faith. Just because he won does not make him God's will. Hitler and Mussolini won free and fair elections as well. Did they reflect the will of God? Christ lived under the rule of Caesar, yet, He did not go around making political statements. Quite the opposite, when asked if taxes should be paid to Caesar, He said "give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's". Christians should forget about Trump and focus on preaching the Gospel. Are we in the end times? Who knows? Even Christ said it is only known to God. I had an elderly friend who was totally convinced he would be raptured and never die. He died in 1993. Trump has come and he will go and America will be better or worse off.

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's okay I agree that only the 144,000 will be raptured before the great and terrible day of the Lord. I'm just surprised to hear someone else here who also believes this. I believe that they will be raptured with the Two Witnesses and are presented as an offering to God by Elijah and Moses the Two Witnesses. Similar to How the holy men who broke out of their graves were also presented as a first fruits offering to God by Jesus at His Resurrection (So I understand). Welcome to CF btw.

Thanks Guide for the welcome !

Easy now ! lol....who are the two witnesses ? And they are raptured at the same time as the 144k ?

Check the identity of those two witnesses again, Guide. And before you do any quoting, for specifically Moses, read this :

Rev 10:10 & 11

I might add, There is a Jewish half to the two witnesses, and a Christian half to the two witnesses. I agree Elijah to be the Jewish half. But, I believe John is the Christian half, based on Rev 10:10 & 11.

You see, Guide, The Revelation is a set of ET prophecies that speak to both Jews and Christians. Not all of the prophecies are Christian-related, and not all are Jewish-related.

That's enough for now...lol

Upvote 0

Bruce Carr

Feb 1, 2017
Earth, Texas
✟18,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can you be sure that "the Rapture is due any time now"? People have been saying that for 2000 years.
OP is obviously pre-trib..... I am not and disagree with that assumption.... however, to your response.... 2 peter 3:3-9, Be aware of the signs of the times; until the abomination of desolation we will have at least three and a half years..... it seems that we are more likely just in the beginning of birth pains at most

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But some of the things God does in the Bible do seem like we should fear him.
Hi Crystal !

I'm new...

How many times have we heard prophets declare "Fear the Lord!"

I believe we SHOULD fear the Lord. However, we should not fear what is coming upon this earth.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Crystal !

I'm new...

I believe we SHOULD fear the Lord. However, we should not fear what is coming upon this earth.

You cannot love someone if you fear them. That's the hallmark of an abusive relationship.

Reactions: Archmike
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks Guide for the welcome !

Easy now ! lol....who are the two witnesses ? And they are raptured at the same time as the 144k ?

Check the identity of those two witnesses again, Guide. And before you do any quoting, for specifically Moses, read this :

Rev 10:10 & 11

I might add, There is a Jewish half to the two witnesses, and a Christian half to the two witnesses. I agree Elijah to be the Jewish half. But, I believe John is the Christian half, based on Rev 10:10 & 11.

You see, Guide, The Revelation is a set of ET prophecies that speak to both Jews and Christians. Not all of the prophecies are Christian-related, and not all are Jewish-related.

That's enough for now...lol

Firstly we are all Jewish genetically. If you don't know this, this will explain it:

Yes the ET prophesies are for Jews too but they don't believe them unless they are or become messianic believers in Jesus.
John is not the other half it is Moses. (I reckon we'll just have to disagree on that though).

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi Crystal !

I'm new...

To me the English word "fear" does not convey what I think scripture writers wished to convey. I think "awe" would be a better translation. English has changed meanings since the KJV in 1611. I recall reading that when St. Paul's cathedral in London was completed (1697), the architect Christopher Wren was asked what he thought of it. He replied "It is the most awefull thing I have ever done." Since then both the meaning and the spelling have changed."

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You cannot love someone if you fear them. That's the hallmark of an abusive relationship.

In this earthly form, we must fear God....to help keep us on the straight and narrow....we can still love, but with a healthy respect for God's power...

But, your statement makes sense too. SSSsssooooo...lets just say in Heaven we will know what true love is...:)

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Firstly we are all Jewish genetically. If you don't know this, this will explain it:

Yes the ET prophesies are for Jews too but they don't believe them unless they are or become messianic believers in Jesus.
John is not the other half it is Moses. (I reckon we'll just have to disagree on that though).

Ut-oh, you aren't one of those folks who believe the USA is made up of certain descendants of the lost tribes are you ?

I think Jews in Israel who witness the AOD will finally "get it".

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ut-oh, you aren't one of those folks who believe the USA is made up of certain descendants of the lost tribes are you ?

I think Jews in Israel who witness the AOD will finally "get it".
No, please don't assume. Just watch it and you will see why you are actually Jewish. Yes that's right, you are Jewish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
In this earthly form, we must fear God....to help keep us on the straight and narrow....we can still love, but with a healthy respect for God's power...

You have suggested that the sense of "fear" is 'a healthy respect for God's power.' That neatly summarizes as 'awe' as I suggested earlier.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟559,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I call into question the "God is love" thing said once in the Bible when I hear points like that indicating God is going to dissolve people's eyes and tongues through a plague.And the disciples clearly thought the end times would happen in their lifetime. Wouldn't they know better than anyone? Shouldn't it have happened nearly two millennia ago?

It did. In AD 70. At the Destruction of Jerusalem, spoken of by Christ prophetically in Matthew 23 & 24

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
You need to study covenant better.

Hebrews 8:13 says that the Old Covenant is over. It is done, finished, toast, and with it, the land promises which were part of the blessing of covenant obedience. Israel killed Her divine Spouse. The marriage covenant between Israel and God is done.

As for the replacement of Israel, you need to read Matthew 21: 33- 46, which quite clearly teaches that Israel will be tossed out of the Kingdom and replaced by "another nation," which is the Church. Mark 12: 1-12 also teaches this, so it is not an isolated text.

One wonders when this idea of a coming "Rapture of the Church" will ever be disavowed and tossed in the scrap heap of bad teachings?
Israel was replaced, but not forever. God keeps His promises. The gathering together of Christians in the air to meet Christ will not be tossed out. Part of the hope of ages.

Upvote 0