The Rapture President?!

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
The powers that be that seem to be aligning against the US president.

"97 US firms, including Apple & Google, lean on Trump travel ban in court"

97 US firms, including Apple & Google, lean on Trump travel ban in court

It would almost seem to make sense that a leader like that would be in the US at the time of the Rapture. Not that this is the case, but who really knows, could be, since the Rapture is due any time now. Almost like the mercy of the Lord. Some issues like pro life and other Christian values have been elevated again, after a long period of anti bible values being pushed from the top there.

If by some chance Trump were the Rapture President it makes sense that his rule would be quite temporary, and somewhat limited. (Because the evil powers will soon rule here in the end we are told . including a global government). Nevertheless, it is amazing that the government leaders at this moment anyhow, seem to be more on God's people's side than in the camp of the enemy of our souls.

Imagine a US and world where most of the government and people of the US were suddenly gone!

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How can you be sure that "the Rapture is due any time now"? People have been saying that for 2000 years.

(By "that" I mean "it's the end times/Jesus is going to return soon things in general", not specifically the Rapture)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe we are close to the rapture. Many say (like above) that people have said that forever but it wasn't until the last few decades that a TON of prophecies have been fulfilled. Which leaves pretty much nothing left to fulfill. If you look at the middle east, its ready to burst any time now. More and more countries around it are hating Israel. People are looking to try and find a peaceful resolution. Which as stated in the bible is part of the 7 year peace deal that will happen (then be broken).

I mean we christians will be gone by then of course, but still, we are very close. Will it happen in my life time? I think theres a 80% chance. Will it happens in my future kids lifetime? For sure. At most I'd say it will happen by 2030 at the longest.

• Agree
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I believe we are close to the rapture. Many say (like above) that people have said that forever but it wasn't until the last few decades that a TON of prophecies have been fulfilled. Which leaves pretty much nothing left to fulfill. If you look at the middle east, its ready to burst any time now. More and more countries around it are hating Israel. People are looking to try and find a peaceful resolution. Which as stated in the bible is part of the 7 year peace deal that will happen (then be broken).

I mean we christians will be gone by then of course, but still, we are very close. Will it happen in my life time? I think theres a 80% chance. Will it happens in my future kids lifetime? For sure. At most I'd say it will happen by 2030 at the longest.

Ever thought that maybe it seems like all these prophecies are being fulfilled because we're able to have a lot more information spread around the world and a lot quicker?

Reactions: Aryeh
Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian

Like you say, nothing now stands in the way and it is imminent as the next coming big event in prophecy. God knows when. If it were to happen soon, I could see how He might pull a fast one on the devil, and the evil folks, and get a leader in the US in, that wasn't part of the enemy's crowd. Not that this would change the inevitable outcome, but it could be a partial calm before all hell breaks loose for the world, and things get wrapped up.

• Agree
Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
Ever thought that maybe it seems like all these prophecies are being fulfilled because we're able to have a lot more information spread around the world and a lot quicker?
Not really. One can see a falling away from the faith is going on pretty strong now. One can see that while there was always sin, the degree to which people 'give over' completely to it was never the same as now. We might have, for example have had some people sin in the same sex department before. Now, whole nations are totally given over to it. There were women who killed their children, and abandoned them etc. Now they more or less get a government grant for it! :) Etc etc.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not really. One can see a falling away from the faith is going on pretty strong now. One can see that while there was always sin, the degree to which people 'give over' completely to it was never the same as now. We might have, for example have had some people sin in the same sex department before. Now, whole nations are totally given over to it. There were women who killed their children, and abandoned them etc. Now they more or less get a government grant for it! :) Etc etc.

Not every Christian shares your perspective, but with over 40,000 Christian churches and/or denominations that is not surprising. I know of no nation where killing or abandoning children is legal, much less eligible for a government grant.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can you be sure that "the Rapture is due any time now"? People have been saying that for 2000 years. (emph. added)
to be fair, about the bolded portion: the concept of "The Rapture of the Church" is less then 200 years old. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :sorry:

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
Not every Christian shares your perspective, but with over 40,000 Christian churches and/or denominations that is not surprising.
Not all christians believe in heaven or hell or the second coming. Perhaps the word christian is overrated or overused?

I know of no nation where killing or abandoning children is legal, much less eligible for a government grant.
Well, governments do pay. Here is an example..

"In Canada, almost all abortions are paid for by taxpayers."

Funding | Abortion in Canada

• Agree
Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
to be fair, about the bolded portion: the concept of "The Rapture of the Church" is less then 200 years old. :wave:
Paul talked of being caught up in the air to meet Jesus long before that actually. There is a lot more in the bible about the second coming than the first coming also.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

tulc is correct -- as usual
JackRT(just thought that should be pointed out)

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not all christians believe in heaven or hell or the second coming. Perhaps the word christian is overrated or overused?

Perhaps.

Well, governments do pay. Here is an example..

"In Canada, almost all abortions are paid for by taxpayers."

Funding | Abortion in Canada

But no children are killed or abandoned. That is dealt with very severely in Canadian law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul talked of being caught up in the air to meet Jesus long before that actually. There is a lot more in the bible about the second coming than the first coming also.
If you look at those Scriptures you'll see they bear no resemblance to the modern Churches concept of "The Rapture". :wave:
tulc(is getting ready for dinner!) :)

Upvote 0

time

Feb 25, 2004
✟3,096.00
Faith
Christian
If you look at those Scriptures you'll see they bear no resemblance to the modern Churches concept of "The Rapture". :wave:
tulc(is getting ready for dinner!) :)
Yes, getting caught up into the air after the dead first get caught up, is exactly the Rapture, actually.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The timing of the Rapture ("caught up") in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is much debated but a literal interpretation of these events can be traced back to the early Church, even though a spiritualized version became the predominant view. From the 17th century, as Bibles became more available, a literal understanding again emerged.

While I do believe in a literal interpretation of prophecy, and the Rapture, I doubt that many of those who call themselves Christians will be accounted "worthy to escape" (Luke 21:36), including myself.

The letters to the Church in Revelation chapters 2 & 3 teach a distinction between those in the Church who are "lukewarm" and those who "overcome (eg Revelation 3:16, Revelation 3:21).

As for Trump being the "Rapture President", I think it is quite possible, even likely. For many Christians in society today, it is the case of the frog in the slowly heating water - they have failed to notice how much social values & attitudes today are an affront to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0