Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now answer my question; do you believe that you can't help but sin everyday? If you don't answer I will have to assume that you do believe it.

If you are talking about breaking the 10 commandments the answer would be, no.

I do not break the 10 commandments every day.

If you think I am saying that I am perfect any day of the week the answer again would be, no.

.............................................................................................................

I am a part of that Holy nation that Peter was talking about, because he was talking to members of the Body of Christ. It is a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof, by spreading the Gospel message.

It is the Seed of David that will be head of the nations.

Christ is Israel.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you are talking about breaking the 10 commandments the answer would be, no.

I do not break the 10 commandments every day.

If you think I am saying that I am perfect any day of the week the answer again would be, no.

.............................................................................................................

I am a part of that Holy nation that Peter was talking about, because he was talking to members of the Body of Christ. It is a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof, by spreading the Gospel message.

It is the Seed of David that will be head of the nations.

Christ is Israel.

baberean2,

I didn't say nothing about the 10 commandments alone for they are only 10 commandments and as christians we are not under the 10 commandments under the Mosaic law.

Since it seems you can only do 10 commandments at one time let us look at them.
1. Exodus 20:3; Thou shalt have no other gods before me. That was physical gods in this context and that shouldn't be too hard.

2. Thou shalt not make any graven image shouldn't be too hard and not bow down to these idols or serve them.

3. Shewing mercy to thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

4. Thou shalt take the name of the Lord they God in vain. It should not be too hard to control your tongue on this.

5. Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy.

6. Six days shalt thou labour and do all thy work.

7. Honor thy father and thy mother.

8. Thou shalt not kill.

9. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

10. Thou shalt not bear false witness or covet.

11. Can you tell me these are impossibilities? Of course not, but this was not the whole of Mosaic law which numbered 613 laws. But the fact is that you break the 10 commandments sometimes.
All the laws were given by God and they could be done but the law of sin and death took advantage it and made them live to self effort more than in the power of God. This is why the law of sin and death was done away with by the law of the Spirit. Law of sin and death under the old covenant and the law of the Spirit is new covenant. Quit bringing the law back up so you can stumble and live in sin.

12. What do you think being perfect is?
One week I fasted many years ago and I stayed in the presence of God and I know I didn't perform any sin. That is not to toot my horn because it wasn't of me it was being in the presence of God and his love and strength in me that kept me focused. This is why Paul said he stood blameless in front of his flock.
That is not to say that I haven't missed the mark after that but sometimes we focus more on God than at other times.

13. We are not perfect in our knowledge and can make mistakes but that doesn't mean that all mistakes are sins of penalty against God.

14. The point is not about being sinless every single moment of every day but being conscience more on the power of God and not the defeated mindset of how much we can sin.

15. Just as much as the word teaches it is possible for a christian to sin it teaches that it is possible for a christian to live free from sin.

16. Just because the nation of the church of jews and gentiles time is now the seed of David was given the promise of the earthly nations as the head of the nations. That was talking about the physical seed of David and not the church for there was no church.

17. You can't prove that the new covenant has anything to do with rulership positions and if you think you can you show me the scripture.

18. Why are you so dead set against the nation of Israel being at the head of the nations. God said they would and unless you spiritualize the scripture and say they are mixed of jews and gentiles you can't prove a thing. Spiritualizing the scripture to the extreme is allegorical teaching which leads to building up a straw man to prove your point.

So what is your definition of not being perfect? What is your definition of sin?
Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, Go and sin no more! This was under the law! You think he said it and didn't really mean it. In another healing told the man to go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon thee and this was under the law of Moses. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you tell me these are impossibilities? Of course not, but this was not the whole of Mosaic law which numbered 613 laws. But the fact is that you break the 10 commandments sometimes.
All the laws were given by God and they could be done but the law of sin and death took advantage it and made them live to self effort more than in the power of God. This is why the law of sin and death was done away with by the law of the Spirit. Law of sin and death under the old covenant and the law of the Spirit is new covenant. Quit bringing the law back up so you can stumble and live in sin.

I have always enjoyed being lectured on sin by those who claim they do not sin.

However, your mouth did slow down some when I asked what your wife would say.

Those who dare to oppose modern Dispensational Theology eventually end up being attacked by those who cannot let go of it.

Your condemnation of me by claiming I am a bigger sinner than you, is just one more example.

Reactions: Postvieww
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have always enjoyed being lectured on sin by those who claim they do not sin.

However, your mouth did slow down some when I asked what your wife would say.

Those who dare to oppose modern Dispensational Theology eventually end up being attacked by those who cannot let go of it.

Your condemnation of me by claiming I am a bigger sinner than you, is just one more example.

baberean2,

1. I didn't claim I didn't sin at all which is your open ended statement to believe at all times in my life. False perception of yours number one. I said there were times that I didn't sin whether one second, one minute, one hour, one day and even one week. Now are you going to say that I didn't or that I am dreaming?

2. I said my wife thought I was perfect sometimes and sometimes not in answer to your wife statement. You want to make the perception of the impossibility to live free from sin. False perception by you number two.

3. The doctrine of sin has nothing to do with believing in dispensations or even the dispensational theology. There are plenty of dispensationalist that believe and misunderstand just like you on this subject and I would tell them the same thing. False perception by you number three.

4. I never and don't condemn you and I have never claimed to be a bigger sinner than you because I am not a sinner. False perception by you number four.
If you want to have a witness of being a sinner instead of a christian is your business.
Now answer the question of what it means being perfect and why you can't seem to live free from sin for one day.
I'll wait for your response because I have to go to work and won't be back until late tonight. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want to have a witness of being a sinner instead of a christian is your business.
Now answer the question of what it means being perfect and why you can't seem to live free from sin for one day.
I'll wait for your response because I have to go to work and won't be back until late tonight

Jerry,

I know exactly what I am. I am a rotten sinner, saved by Grace.

I do not have any false notions about being anything else.

The Holy Spirit inside of me corrects me on a daily basis in my constant battle between the flesh and the Spirit.

Many of the sins I committed before coming to Christ now have no power over me.
Alcohol is one of those things.
I do not care for alcohol anymore.

I am not fit to judge you or anyone else.

I belong to the judge.

He bought me with His Blood.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jerry,

I know exactly what I am. I am a rotten sinner, saved by Grace.

I do not have any false notions about being anything else.

The Holy Spirit inside of me corrects me on a daily basis in my constant battle between the flesh and the Spirit.

Many of the sins I committed before coming to Christ now have no power over me.
Alcohol is one of those things.
I do not care for alcohol anymore.

I am not fit to judge you or anyone else.

I belong to the judge.

He bought me with His Blood.

baberean2,

1. You don't have to be so defensive nobody's judging or condemning you.

2. The past is past and we have both been bought by the blood.

3. The Holy Spirit is there to comfort and guide and direct and lead and convict on a daily basis of the fight of the flesh and the spirit. The bible says the devil is out there to steal, kill, and destroy our lives. There is no taking light the seriousness of the fight because if we are not living in the Spirit we can fulfill the things of the flesh.

4. It is an oxymoron to say that you are a saint and a sinner at the same time because the bible says you can only serve one master at a time.

5. I was a sinner saved by grace is the appropriate term.

6. Now when you sin as a christian you can be called a sinner. Why? Because you sinned. But this doesn't mean that is who you are or what you practice.

7. The phrase, We are sinners saved by grace is taken by many to prove that we can still sin and it shows that we can be sinners and saints at the same time.
We were sinners saved by grace shows what we were; sinners, and what we are now saved by grace. Christ saved us from sin so we would no longer be sinners and enslaved to sin.

8. Out of all the places I have traveled over North America and more I have heard more people want to prove how sinful they are as christians than people who go around and boast about being perfect without the ability to sin.

9. If you believe in overcoming sin which I know you say you do because you have quoted Revelation 12:11; overcoming by the blood then you are sinless. When you first get saved you are totally sinless because God has forgiven you of all your sins not just part of them.

10. This doesn't mean that you lose possibility or probability to sin.

11. There are those who overcome sin more than others but that doesn't make them any more of a super christian than the next.

12 When I say the struggle I am talking about the struggle mentality. We will always be in a struggle in the definition of the fight of the flesh against the spirit.

13. So what I have been saying is for those who have the law mentality which is the struggle mentality.

14. Motivational speakers have a better mentality than many christians and they do most everything in their own strength of mind over matter.

15. Do we have mountains and valleys that can shake our world yes and I have been there and because I know and have experienced that I can fail without relying on God. I also know that when a person abides in Christ and rest in him God's light dispels the darkness, the temptation loses its hold and the struggle mentality goes away and you say I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

16. Smith Wigglesworth the great apostle of faith once had kidney stones that he could not pass for about a year I believe and he would preach through it while bleeding and in severe pain while people he prayed for were being healed left and right. Never really mentioned nothing about it to speak of or asked for prayer that I know of but after about a year he finally told the Lord it was time and he was healed immediately. He was having a physical struggle and it was a tough test but he believed in faith and perseverance and there was no sign or mention of struggling with going into sin.

17. Show me where the apostle Paul believed he couldn't help but sin. Outside of Romans 7 which is taken out of context and a couple of other verses that are rendered wrong you see no belief in sinning after his revelations and his persecutions. If you think he did, prove it.

18. Do you really think that when Jesus told the adulterous woman and the blind man I believe it was to go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you they couldn't do it? How can you overcome sin and abstain from the very appearance of evil if you believe you can't be perfect, especially for one day? Does that mean you can only be perfect one second at a time, one hour or maybe a half a day? I am really curious why you think you can't overcome sin all day because what else could being perfect be unless by sinning unless you want to call all mistakes sin.

19. The doctrine of sin is most important so feel free to give your account of what you think on the subject of sin and try to be detailed instead of dancing around and skirting the real issue. Also, it would be nice if would answer the questions above especially those of the scriptural accounts of Jesus and what he said too. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. You don't have to be so defensive nobody's judging or condemning you.

2. The past is past and we have both been bought by the blood.

3. The Holy Spirit is there to comfort and guide and direct and lead and convict on a daily basis of the fight of the flesh and the spirit. The bible says the devil is out there to steal, kill, and destroy our lives. There is no taking light the seriousness of the fight because if we are not living in the Spirit we can fulfill the things of the flesh.

4. It is an oxymoron to say that you are a saint and a sinner at the same time because the bible says you can only serve one master at a time.

5. I was a sinner saved by grace is the appropriate term.

6. Now when you sin as a christian you can be called a sinner. Why? Because you sinned. But this doesn't mean that is who you are or what you practice.

7. The phrase, We are sinners saved by grace is taken by many to prove that we can still sin and it shows that we can be sinners and saints at the same time.
We were sinners saved by grace shows what we were; sinners, and what we are now saved by grace. Christ saved us from sin so we would no longer be sinners and enslaved to sin.

8. Out of all the places I have traveled over North America and more I have heard more people want to prove how sinful they are as christians than people who go around and boast about being perfect without the ability to sin.

9. If you believe in overcoming sin which I know you say you do because you have quoted Revelation 12:11; overcoming by the blood then you are sinless. When you first get saved you are totally sinless because God has forgiven you of all your sins not just part of them.

10. This doesn't mean that you lose possibility or probability to sin.

11. There are those who overcome sin more than others but that doesn't make them any more of a super christian than the next.

12 When I say the struggle I am talking about the struggle mentality. We will always be in a struggle in the definition of the fight of the flesh against the spirit.

13. So what I have been saying is for those who have the law mentality which is the struggle mentality.

14. Motivational speakers have a better mentality than many christians and they do most everything in their own strength of mind over matter.

15. Do we have mountains and valleys that can shake our world yes and I have been there and because I know and have experienced that I can fail without relying on God. I also know that when a person abides in Christ and rest in him God's light dispels the darkness, the temptation loses its hold and the struggle mentality goes away and you say I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

16. Smith Wigglesworth the great apostle of faith once had kidney stones that he could not pass for about a year I believe and he would preach through it while bleeding and in severe pain while people he prayed for were being healed left and right. Never really mentioned nothing about it to speak of or asked for prayer that I know of but after about a year he finally told the Lord it was time and he was healed immediately. He was having a physical struggle and it was a tough test but he believed in faith and perseverance and there was no sign or mention of struggling with going into sin.

17. Show me where the apostle Paul believed he couldn't help but sin. Outside of Romans 7 which is taken out of context and a couple of other verses that are rendered wrong you see no belief in sinning after his revelations and his persecutions. If you think he did, prove it.

18. Do you really think that when Jesus told the adulterous woman and the blind man I believe it was to go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you they couldn't do it? How can you overcome sin and abstain from the very appearance of evil if you believe you can't be perfect, especially for one day? Does that mean you can only be perfect one second at a time, one hour or maybe a half a day? I am really curious why you think you can't overcome sin all day because what else could being perfect be unless by sinning unless you want to call all mistakes sin.

19. The doctrine of sin is most important so feel free to give your account of what you think on the subject of sin and try to be detailed instead of dancing around and skirting the real issue. Also, it would be nice if would answer the questions above especially those of the scriptural accounts of Jesus and what he said too. Jerry kelso

The woman caught in adultery should have been able to not ever commit that sin again.

However, the law of Christ is a higher standard and is more difficult.

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

This higher standard can be kept, but is much more difficult if you are being honest about it.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The woman caught in adultery should have been able to not ever commit that sin again.

However, the law of Christ is a higher standard and is more difficult.

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

This higher standard can be kept, but is much more difficult if you are being honest about it.

baberean2,

1. First of all you are wrong about the context. It was spoken to the jewish nation under the law of Moses for Jesus taught the Mosaic law not the new covenant.

2. Looking on a woman with lust was already a sin even before the law of Moses. Lust was the same as "thou shalt not covet."
You say you perform the 10 commandments but you don't know what it means when it is shown plainly in a context of the law of Moses.

3. You forgot "go and sin no more lest a worse thing comes upon you".

4. The question about whether the new covenant being harder to keep is irrelevant to that context. Peter said the law was a yoke of bondage that they or their fathers could not keep. He knew the law was hard and they could not consistently keep it.

5. Now just answer the question why do you think you can't live perfect for one day?
Why can't we just have a simple discussion about the doctrine of sin? Yet you continue to deflect and skate the issue. Also, show where Paul had the struggle mentality of living in sin. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now just answer the question why do you think you can't live perfect for one day?

Because I am not Jesus Christ and I am not attempting to deceive myself or others, unlike some people who claim that they can live without any sin...

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Because I am not Jesus Christ and I am not attempting to deceive myself or others, unlike some people who claim that they can live without any sin...

baberean2,

1. You have not said what you think being perfect is.

2. You have not said whether or not you think mistakes are sins.

3. If you can't live without sinning 1 second or even 1 hour then what is the real difference between you and an actual sinner outside of the fact that you have been saved. Are you going to tell me that that is an effective example of an overcoming christian to the world of sinners? What do you believe overcoming sin is? Jesus said with faith nothing shall be impossible and you are telling me you can't believe him for one day to live free from sin?

4. Abstaining from all appearance of evil. What does this mean to you and why?

5. The word said to be imitators of Christ.

6. Show me one scripture that says you cannot cease from sin for any amount of time.

7. We are not Jesus Christ and we were born into sin so there is no way we could be like Christ in living free from sin all our lives because he was not born into sin or with sin and he lived free from sin all his life.
But, Christ said we would do greater things than he. Are you going to say this is not possible because we are not Christ?

8. Your deception clause and implying that I am one of those who claim they can live free from sin is false humility on your part. You think less of God's power to keep you from sinning than the ability of the flesh to keep you sinning.
That type of thinking is a hit and miss philosophy and most of the time it is missing.
God commanded Israel to do the commandments and quit sinning. He would not do such a thing if it wasn't possible at all.

9. Go and sin no more lest a curse come upon you. What do you think Jesus meant?

10. It seems to me you are afraid that you will be labeled as being proud and that you believe in a complete across the board perfection doctrine. They are not your judge, but God is. If one sins they are to admit they sin and ask for forgiveness. At the same time if they don't sin they should not admit they sin. It is not being proud of oneself because Paul said he gloried only in the cross. Every time you abstain from the appearance of evil and don't sin you should glory in the cross because without the power of God there would be basically no overcoming sin.
11. A christian that cannot believe and have faith in God that one can be sinless for at least one day should be ashamed.

12. If your child is good all day are you going to tell him he's been bad? If they are bad are you going to say they have been good? You see how ridiculous that is.
God gave us a brain to comprehend and unless we get tunnel vision or a physical impairment of the brain or a seared conscience or something of that nature we know the difference between wrong and right and whether or not we sin.

13. Living free from sin has nothing to do with trying to be prideful or trying to show that others are inferior to us. The power of God is stronger than the flesh and to say we can't cooperate with God in this capacity for any amount of time and that it doesn't mean not sinning is a tragedy.

14. Now, do you believe the flesh is stronger than the power of God? Do you believe your capacity to cooperate with God in faith is weaker than the pull of the flesh? What do you think that Paul meant when he said, Walk in the Spirit and you won't fulfill the things of the flesh or Peter when he said, the flesh has ceased from sin so we won't fulfill the things of the flesh? Jerry kelso

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. You have not said what you think being perfect is.

2. You have not said whether or not you think mistakes are sins.

I know exactly what being perfect is. It is being the Lord Jesus Christ, who was God in Flesh.
He was 100% God and 100% man. He was perfect in every word and deed.

I am not Christ. However, my goal is become less like me and more like Him.
I am a work in progress.

There are those today who claim to be Christians and end up in adultery.
Then their claim is that they "made a mistake".

A mistake is taking the wrong turn on an out-of-town trip because you are not sure of where you are going.

When King David had an affair with Uriah's wife, it was not a "mistake". He did it on purpose.
Therefore it was not a "mistake" and David never claimed it was a "mistake".
He had to repent and take responsibility for his actions. He also lost a child in the process.
Sin has consequences.

Taking a wrong turn in a car is a mistake and not a sin.

Making a conscious decision to sin is not a mistake.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I know exactly what being perfect is. It is being the Lord Jesus Christ, who was God in Flesh.
He was 100% God and 100% man. He was perfect in every word and deed.

I am not Christ. However, my goal is become less like me and more like Him.
I am a work in progress.

There are those today who claim to be Christians and end up in adultery.
Then their claim is that they "made a mistake".

A mistake is taking the wrong turn on an out-of-town trip because you are not sure of where you are going.

When King David had an affair with Uriah's wife, it was not a "mistake". He did it on purpose.
Therefore it was not a "mistake" and David never claimed it was a "mistake".
He had to repent and take responsibility for his actions. He also lost a child in the process.
Sin has consequences.

Taking a wrong turn in a car is a mistake and not a sin.

Making a conscious decision to sin is not a mistake.

baberean2,

1. Jesus was "Perfect All His Life" because he was not born into sin and never sinned "All His Life"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. We cannot be perfect like that because we are born into sin and have to be in sin. Technically, if a christian were to live in the Spirit every single second he wouldn't fulfill the things of the flesh which means he would not sin, technically he would be sinless "All His Life" after he became saved. This is a possibility but not a probability. Do you know the difference between a possibility and a probability?

3. Under the Mosaic law were sins of ignorance and they had to have sacrifices for that and had to be repented of when the Lord brought them to light.
Technically, a mistake could be a sin because all unrighteousness is a sin. A sin of ignorance can fit this. Their are different judgements to different sins and some are not death penalty sins. John shows there is a difference in 1 John 5:17-18.
David committed the worst mistake in the context of because he committed a death penalty sin but found mercy and grace from God because he had a repentant heart.
There is more than one definition of mistake and more than one context.
Sins of ignorance and sins of on purpose have nothing to do with not being able to keep the commandments of other occasions or for an amount of time whether one second or one day whether it be the old covenant or the new covenant.

4. So nobody is arguing that we are not Christ and that we can be like Christ in the context of living free from sin all their life because we were born into sin and have to be saved.
Nobody is arguing that we are all a work in progress or that we are not trying to be more like Christ and being less of ourselves.
Nobody is arguing that there are those who claim to be christians and end up in adultery and these people would be professors and not true christians.

5. The problem with your thinking is you think on one track.

6. We can be sinless like Christ when the power of God is in us and we obey in faith whether one second, one hour or one day or more. If you don't think this is a possibility you don't really believe in power of God as much as you believe in the power of the flesh being more powerful than God.

7. Being a work in progress and trying to be less of me in your context is because you are performance based like under the law mentality and that is why you don't believe in being sinless for any amount of time or at least that is the perception you give.

8. Professors who habitually sin are not true christians and are sinners so they are irrelevant.
For true christians it is possible if they do not stay in the word or cultivate their relationship with Christ and they get in a situation they try to handle their selves because they are performance based or because they just plainly are weak to the point they fall into that trap doesn't mean that they cannot be restored and be sinless another time when they are abiding in Christ and abstaining from all appearance of evil.

9. Making a conscious decision can be a sin of ignorance because it is ignorant when you know better because he that knoweth to do right and doeth it not it is sin.
At the same time they were sins of ignorance under the old covenant which meant they didn't realize they had committed them or they didn't realize it was a sin. Their conscience was not affected when they did it.

10. Just as a conscious decision on purpose to sin knowing better one can also make a conscious decision to not believe by faith and the power of God that he has granted in the person of Jesus Christ to overcome and not sin thus being perfect and sinless. Without faith it is impossible to please him. We can, not be having faith not meaning to or we can, not be having faith on purpose and still miss the mark and sin which happens when we have received the information. Sometimes it take a while for the information to become clear to one and God has patience and then some sear their conscience to not believe the information.
It is up to a person to look in their personal mirror of their heart and soul and mind and see the truth and be faithful to God to own up if that is the case. One doesn't have to tell anyone for they have to be truthful and pliable to their selves and most of all to God. If one is open the Spirit will convict in love and restoration can be made.

11. Your failure to answer the question can you have faith for just one second, one hour, or one day and the dodging the real issue is suspect that you think that the flesh is stronger in keeping one in sin than Christ is in overcoming sin. Now answer this simple question and quit dodging the real issue. This is the only question you need to answer and if you believe that it can't be done tell me why and back it up by scripture. Good luck. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. Jesus was "Perfect All His Life" because he was not born into sin and never sinned "All His Life"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. We cannot be perfect like that because we are born into sin and have to be in sin. Technically, if a christian were to live in the Spirit every single second he wouldn't fulfill the things of the flesh which means he would not sin, technically he would be sinless "All His Life" after he became saved. This is a possibility but not a probability. Do you know the difference between a possibility and a probability?

3. Under the Mosaic law were sins of ignorance and they had to have sacrifices for that and had to be repented of when the Lord brought them to light.
Technically, a mistake could be a sin because all unrighteousness is a sin. A sin of ignorance can fit this. Their are different judgements to different sins and some are not death penalty sins. John shows there is a difference in 1 John 5:17-18.
David committed the worst mistake in the context of because he committed a death penalty sin but found mercy and grace from God because he had a repentant heart.
There is more than one definition of mistake and more than one context.
Sins of ignorance and sins of on purpose have nothing to do with not being able to keep the commandments of other occasions or for an amount of time whether one second or one day whether it be the old covenant or the new covenant.

4. So nobody is arguing that we are not Christ and that we can be like Christ in the context of living free from sin all their life because we were born into sin and have to be saved.
Nobody is arguing that we are all a work in progress or that we are not trying to be more like Christ and being less of ourselves.
Nobody is arguing that there are those who claim to be christians and end up in adultery and these people would be professors and not true christians.

5. The problem with your thinking is you think on one track.

6. We can be sinless like Christ when the power of God is in us and we obey in faith whether one second, one hour or one day or more. If you don't think this is a possibility you don't really believe in power of God as much as you believe in the power of the flesh being more powerful than God.

7. Being a work in progress and trying to be less of me in your context is because you are performance based like under the law mentality and that is why you don't believe in being sinless for any amount of time or at least that is the perception you give.

8. Professors who habitually sin are not true christians and are sinners so they are irrelevant.
For true christians it is possible if they do not stay in the word or cultivate their relationship with Christ and they get in a situation they try to handle their selves because they are performance based or because they just plainly are weak to the point they fall into that trap doesn't mean that they cannot be restored and be sinless another time when they are abiding in Christ and abstaining from all appearance of evil.

9. Making a conscious decision can be a sin of ignorance because it is ignorant when you know better because he that knoweth to do right and doeth it not it is sin.
At the same time they were sins of ignorance under the old covenant which meant they didn't realize they had committed them or they didn't realize it was a sin. Their conscience was not affected when they did it.

10. Just as a conscious decision on purpose to sin knowing better one can also make a conscious decision to not believe by faith and the power of God that he has granted in the person of Jesus Christ to overcome and not sin thus being perfect and sinless. Without faith it is impossible to please him. We can, not be having faith not meaning to or we can, not be having faith on purpose and still miss the mark and sin which happens when we have received the information. Sometimes it take a while for the information to become clear to one and God has patience and then some sear their conscience to not believe the information.
It is up to a person to look in their personal mirror of their heart and soul and mind and see the truth and be faithful to God to own up if that is the case. One doesn't have to tell anyone for they have to be truthful and pliable to their selves and most of all to God. If one is open the Spirit will convict in love and restoration can be made.

11. Your failure to answer the question can you have faith for just one second, one hour, or one day and the dodging the real issue is suspect that you think that the flesh is stronger in keeping one in sin than Christ is in overcoming sin. Now answer this simple question and quit dodging the real issue. This is the only question you need to answer and if you believe that it can't be done tell me why and back it up by scripture. Good luck. Jerry kelso

Jerry,

The difference between possibility and probability would be that some claim it is possible to keep the Sinai covenant just like Jesus did. Probability is that they probably think they can fool other Christians into believing this nonsense.

In the New Testament we find that Christ came to fulfill the Old Covenant, because He was the only one who could.
If we could save ourselves there would be no reason for Christ to die on the Cross at Calvary.

We are now under the New Covenant in which Christ has done what we could not do for ourselves.

His commandments below are something we can do.

1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jerry,

The difference between possibility and probability would be that some claim it is possible to keep the Sinai covenant just like Jesus did. Probability is that they probably think they can fool other Christians into believing this nonsense.

In the New Testament we find that Christ came to fulfill the Old Covenant, because He was the only one who could.
If we could save ourselves there would be no reason for Christ to die on the Cross at Calvary.

We are now under the New Covenant in which Christ has done what we could not do for ourselves.

His commandments below are something we can do.

1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

baberean2,

1. You are using deception and avoiding the issue.

2. Deception because you are using an open ended statement just like Jesus did because you know he kept it all his life and we cannot when you know that is not what I have been saying. I said there have been times that people under the old covenant did do the commandments.

3. Your probability statement can only be right in your context of Christ living the old covenant perfectly all his life. So the question is; do you believe they could not and did not ever live the commandments of the old covenant perfect ever for a brief time of some kind?

4. Christ came to fulfill the law and had to because he was the only one who could and this is true but it was because he had to be born sinless to begin with; which we were not and then afterwards he had to rely upon the Holy Spirit's help and communion with his father by living by obedience by faith by freewill choice.

5. 1 Peter 4:1-2 the flesh has ceased from sin is the same mentality or thinking or belief that Paul had in Romans 6:9-12.

6. Verse 12 says; LET NOT SIN THEREFORE REIGN IN YOUR MORTAL BODY, THAT YE SHOULD OBEY IT IN THE LUSTS THEREOF. If one doesn't let sin reign in the body they won't obey the lusts of the flesh and if one walks in the Spirit he won't fulfill the things of the flesh which Paul mention in Galatians 5.

7. Verse 13 says; Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God as those that are alive from the dead, and your members of instruments of righteousness unto God. This is pretty plain that if you yield your members to the flesh as unrighteousness you will be in sin and if not you will not be in sin and sinless because you didn't sin whether one second, one hour, or one day.

8. So once again you are evading the issue and skating the question that is the only one you have to answer. Do you believe that you can or cannot live one second, one minute, one hour, or one day without sinning? If you believe that you can tell why. If you believe that you cannot tell my why. Be simple, plain and to the point and directly to the question and quit trying to be cute as in your spin statement on possibility and probability. This is a no spin zone! Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that you can or cannot live one second, one minute, one hour, or one day without sinning?

When we sleep without dreaming we are most certainly not sinning.

When I sit in Church and feel the tears well up in my eyes while we sing Amazing Grace, I am not sinning.

When I type on this keyboard and share the Grace of Jesus Christ with others, I am not sinning.

When I watch as the preacher baptizes a new believer, I am not sinning.

When I read God's Word and compare myself to Jesus Christ, I cannot help but see that I am a rotten sinner saved by His Grace through His sacrifice at Calvary.

I have been justified by His work.
My power over sin comes through the work of the Holy Ghost that lives inside of me and corrects me.
That gift came through Him sending the Spirit.
I account that Holy Ghost power to Him, not to me.
The only good thing in me, is Him.

I have to focus on what He did, instead of what I have done...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When we sleep without dreaming we are most certainly not sinning.

When I sit in Church and feel the tears well up in my eyes while we sing Amazing Grace, I am not sinning.

When I type on this keyboard and share the Grace of Jesus Christ with others, I am not sinning.

When I watch as the preacher baptizes a new believer, I am not sinning.

When I read God's Word and compare myself to Jesus Christ, I cannot help but see that I am a rotten sinner saved by His Grace through His sacrifice at Calvary.

I have been justified by His work.
My power over sin comes through the work of the Holy Ghost that lives inside of me and corrects me.
That gift came through Him sending the Spirit.
I account that Holy Ghost power to Him, not to me.
The only good thing in me, is Him.

I have to focus on what He did, instead of what I have done...

baberean2,

1. Sleeping when not dreaming? Does that mean when you are dreaming you are sinning?

2. You have to be at church and have to feel tears when you sing Amazing Grace in order to not sin? What about when you are not at church and don't feel like singing Amazing Grace and all you feel is tears of heartache and blues?

3. Preacher baptizing a believer? What if you thought the person wasn't a true believer?

4. Now I am being a little facetious and not trying to make light of the times you don't sin even though you are trying to use them to evade the issue.

5. First of all you qualified sleeping by dreaming. There are plenty of people that dream many of times while they are sleeping and were not sinning.

6. It is not hard to feel the love and power of God when you are in favorable places and the presence of the Lord is there because of people inviting him there or being caught up by the moment. Even sinners can be caught up in the moment and be touched by something very dear to their heart and not act like a sinner.

7. Not sinning when a preacher is baptizing should not be hard for a christian if they are thinking of what good thing is doing in their lives and their public acknowledgement and commitment of going on further in their relationship with God.

8. When witnessing by typing to people on the post. I wouldn't disagree with this even though some could go through the motions and not have a true motive.

8. All these things are possibilities and the probabilities are very favorable and likely.
In this list is nothing about situations of when being in the fight of faith and daily life.
They were in the church around other believers and caught up in the situation or event. That is not to say this was the primary reason or motive why you or I or anyone would be happy, thankful or sinless.

9. I am not disagreeing with the rest of what you said.
We have been justified by his work of which only he did at Calvary and I have said this numerous times.

10. Power over sin is through the work of the Holy Ghost if he is abiding in you and yes he does correct you. If he gives you power over sin because you are living or abiding in him then he is not correcting you at that time and you are sinless.

11. I have said time after time that is what Christ did and not what we do. We do because of whose we are and his finished work.

12. So being sinless or sinful is conditional. Conditioned on if we appropriate faith in him and allow him to do the work in us.

13. God doesn't automatically give you everything just because you are a christian and that is where faith comes in which has to have legs on it. At the same time God rewards those who diligently serve him by obedience through faith especially when it comes to overcoming sin whether in a favorable setting or an unfavorable setting.

14. Are you trying to send a subliminal message that you can live sinless and not saying it aloud that you can live free from sin for one second, one hour or one day? One can do nothing and not sin and one can do nothing and be sinning. Right now it sounds like you are doing nothing but evading the inevitable called the plain truth and being not sure or confidant about whether you can or cannot live free from sin one second, one hour or one day. Be plain. Remember, this is a no spin zone.
One more question and this is all you have to answer; Is there a specific time factor that one can live free from sin or is it just in favorable situations only? Remember, no spinning. Jerry kelso

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. Sleeping when not dreaming? Does that mean when you are dreaming you are sinning?

2. You have to be at church and have to feel tears when you sing Amazing Grace in order to not sin? What about when you are not at church and don't feel like singing Amazing Grace and all you feel is tears of heartache and blues?

3. Preacher baptizing a believer? What if you thought the person wasn't a true believer?

4. Now I am being a little facetious and not trying to make light of the times you don't sin even though you are trying to use them to evade the issue.

5. First of all you qualified sleeping by dreaming. There are plenty of people that dream many of times while they are sleeping and were not sinning.

6. It is not hard to feel the love and power of God when you are in favorable places and the presence of the Lord is there because of people inviting him there or being caught up by the moment. Even sinners can be caught up in the moment and be touched by something very dear to their heart and not act like a sinner.

7. Not sinning when a preacher is baptizing should not be hard for a christian if they are thinking of what good thing is doing in their lives and their public acknowledgement and commitment of going on further in their relationship with God.

8. When witnessing by typing to people on the post. I wouldn't disagree with this even though some could go through the motions and not have a true motive.

8. All these things are possibilities and the probabilities are very favorable and likely.
In this list is nothing about situations of when being in the fight of faith and daily life.
They were in the church around other believers and caught up in the situation or event. That is not to say this was the primary reason or motive why you or I or anyone would be happy, thankful or sinless.

9. I am not disagreeing with the rest of what you said.
We have been justified by his work of which only he did at Calvary and I have said this numerous times.

10. Power over sin is through the work of the Holy Ghost if he is abiding in you and yes he does correct you. If he gives you power over sin because you are living or abiding in him then he is not correcting you at that time and you are sinless.

11. I have said time after time that is what Christ did and not what we do. We do because of whose we are and his finished work.

12. So being sinless or sinful is conditional. Conditioned on if we appropriate faith in him and allow him to do the work in us.

13. God doesn't automatically give you everything just because you are a christian and that is where faith comes in which has to have legs on it. At the same time God rewards those who diligently serve him by obedience through faith especially when it comes to overcoming sin whether in a favorable setting or an unfavorable setting.

14. Are you trying to send a subliminal message that you can live sinless and not saying it aloud that you can live free from sin for one second, one hour or one day? One can do nothing and not sin and one can do nothing and be sinning. Right now it sounds like you are doing nothing but evading the inevitable called the plain truth and being not sure or confidant about whether you can or cannot live free from sin one second, one hour or one day. Be plain. Remember, this is a no spin zone.
One more question and this is all you have to answer; Is there a specific time factor that one can live free from sin or is it just in favorable situations only? Remember, no spinning. Jerry kelso

I just have to face the facts Jerry, and admit that you are a much better Christian than I am and you are better than I ever can be. You have made this very clear in our recent discussion.

I will always be a sinner saved by Grace.

I greatly appreciate your correction on this issue.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I just have to face the facts Jerry, and admit that you are a much better Christian than I am and you are better than I ever can be. You have made this very clear in our recent discussion.

I will always be a sinner saved by Grace.

I greatly appreciate your correction on this issue.

baberean2,

1. Face the facts; this has nothing to do with one being better than the other. That is a law mentality.

2. If you want to use the phrase a sinner saved by grace and it doesn't give you the mentality of can't help but sin attitude and it doesn't lead you to self effort that is up to you.

3. The point is that there is no where in the bible that teaches one is to sin everyday or has to or can't help but sin everyday.

4. There is no where in the bible that teaches one is to laud his maturity in Christ over another.

5. But for the grace of God any of us have the possibility to fall into sin. James said if one backslides one is to restore him and if he does then he saved that soul from a multitude of sins and a soul from death. He was talking to christians and called them a sinner and they were in the context of practicing in sin and staying in obedience because he shows the man in the mirror is the real person of who they are and what they do.

6. This is not a perfectionist doctrine of that one can never have the possibility to sin ever again. It is about living free in the freedom of Christ and his finished work and resting in him and allowing him to do the work and having joy in the trial for the joy of the Lord is our strength.

7. We are never told we will not have trials, testings, temptations, or tough struggles as in situations with great adversity. Paul said God has given us everything to overcome these situations and not sin.

8. At the same time we are not always perfect for whatever reason whether lack of faith, lack of fear, even stubborn moments where we argue with God and do our own thing. Yet God is patient and he knows every heart and where you have to get to and what it takes.

9. The problem with most christians is they want to stay in the defeated attitude about the flesh which ends up as a false humility and they live defeated more than overcoming.

10. How many countless people who are raised in church and leave because of this mentality that makes them live in sin and have division and they leave and make a better life without being a christian even though we know they are not saved.

11. To be honest this is not about a rebuke, this is about encouragement of a better way to live as an overcomer and I am even talking to myself.

12. I used to hate motivational speakers because there was nothing they thought couldn't be done. Now we know that they do have their faults but that doesn't daunt their outlook because they are at least looking at doing whatever to reach the goal. And we know they look to themselves and not God with many of them. Now I understand the overall principle and the more a christian lives in faith and overcomes the more the believing if faith comes in a greater measure. At the same time the devil is there to steal, kill, and destroy our lives. At the same time as Smith Wigglesworth put who consecrated his life without ceasing says I am not worried about the devil, it is men I fear more. Jesus himself destroyed the devil by quoting the scripture.

13. Many christians are looking towards the goal but put a "but" in their that stops them from reaching their goal and this is what the man in the mirror shows. The man in the mirror will show the truth of what we say we believe is true or not. We all believe God is our desire and that we have to have his strength to help us through but the man in the mirror if we are professors of our doctrinal belief or whether we really practice it.

14. One has to be open to the truth and it is between them and God. One has to deal with God and be dealt with by God.

15. How do I know this? By the word and even more by personal experience of how much I had failed God in times past. I have experienced God in ways of fellowshipping in full consecration and other times in utter distress.

16. It may take a person a long period of time to get there and others it may not depending on one's consecration toward's God.

17. Don't you try to teach your kids better and easier ways to over come things? Some times we have to go through trials for we are not promised a rose garden but who said we had to sin? If we do let us not dwell on it to the point of staying in it.

18. I have been around christians that lived for God but they had a stronghold in their life and thought it was alright. Strongholds are real and we most of us have them at one time or another but the bible doesn't say to live in it but to overcome it.

19. So the bottom line is either one has more of a conscience of sin or more of a conscience of God's strength to abstain and or overcome.

20. If you don't have this mentality then don't worry about it. At the same time don't be ashamed to understand you live free from sin when you abstain as an overcomer through the power of God because this why Paul could say he gloried only in the cross. He could say this because of his trials and tribulations that taught him patience. He had them initiated by the messenger of Satan to buffet him so he would not rise up in pride. He never said he was going to take Paul's trials away and nowhere does it say that he believed he was going to sin in those trials. I believe Paul would be correcting plenty way of christians of their view on sin.

21. So if you really think I am so bad to encourage christians to have a conscience on God's faith and strength and that there is a better way of the finished work and living free from sin more than living in sin because I am only human then so be it.

22. Anybody that teaches a christian can't help but sin because they are only human says to the conscience Satan has more power to keep one in sin that God has to keep from sin is not a christian doctrine. Romans 7 was Paul under the Mosaic law because the whole chapter is about the Mosaic law and the weakness was about because it couldn't save a person and it couldn't help a person to perform the commandment and because of the fact that the Holy Spirit wasn't given in full measure 24-7 the law of sin and death took advantage of it and made them live in the conscience of sin and in sin despite their desire.

23. Romans 8 says that law of sin and death that took advantage of the Mosaic law and made them live in sin despite their desire was done away with by the law of the Spirit.
Now we can get back in that same state of inconsistency if we use the law mentality of defeat.

24. This is the scriptural context fact beyond a shadow of a doubt. If you believe otherwise and you don't fall in that trap then fine.

25. The law was holy and good and that is not brought out how great the glory was but God made a new covenant that is more glorious and a better way because of the God-man Jesus Christ.

26. It is up to a christian to be transparent before God because only God will judge their heart in the end.

27. So I am sorry if I sound like I am condescending or whatever you may think but I am not really that at all and I have nothing against you personally because I don't know you at all except what you post about your doctrine.

28. A true bible doctrine is one that propels people into a closer walk with God and his power and a conscience, desire and being who they are and not doing. We do because of whose we are and his finished work in Christ which we agree with.
I think the main thing we disagree on is about living free from sin. You said you believed in living free from sin in positive moments with other believers or when you are witnessing or in some moment of special feelings and that is valid. The truth is that we can live free from sin going through a trial. In the presence of Jehovah kingdoms fall and strongholds you think can't come down will loosen and desires you think you never will get rid of will fade away and the conscience of how much the flesh can sin will become less and less until all you desire is God. This is a possibility.

29. We need to teach more of being who we are not what we are doing. This is what James taught with the man in the mirror shows if we are being and if we are we will be doing and the doing is the fruit of who we are in Christ. Are we living more to the flesh because of the fleshly mentality or more to God with the Godly mentality is the question and are we doing it the new covenant way of the Lord's finished work that we must ask ourselves and I know you would agree with this.

30. I totally agree that the super christian mentality is not scriptural and that is not what I believe. People must see God in us as an overcomer and strong in the Lord and not weak in the flesh. Tell me one time then show me as my old boss wrote the song and if it is who we are being the man in the mirror will show it as being and the work will be the fruit proof that we believe in being who we are in God and not ourselves.
31. I pray this helps. God bless you and I still love you in the Lord and wish you the best. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry if I sound like I am condescending or whatever you may think but I am not really that at all and I have nothing against you personally because I don't know you at all except what you post about your doctrine.

This is not the first time on this forum that others have made it clear that there is something wrong with me, because I have dared to oppose modern Dispensational Theology.

When Benjamin Newton would not accept John Darby's adoption of the "Secret Rapture" of the Irvingites and Darby's division of scripture into that for the Church and that for Israel, Darby made a personal attack upon Newton.

This is still happening today. There is a nationally known pastor and writer who abandoned Dispensationalism within the last couple of years. He and his ministry have come under personal attack by others who call themselves Christians, but are really wolves in sheep's clothing. It is one of the main ways that Dispensational Theology defends itself. Since it is not scriptural, it uses personal attack.

You present lecture of me falls under this pattern of behavior seen much too often on forums such as this and even in our nation's churches.

Act_20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

It is no wonder the modern Church is suffering.
Those who oppose unscriptural doctrine are attacked.
Some things never change.

Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

Heb 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

Heb 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This is not the first time on this forum that others have made it clear that there is something wrong with me, because I have dared to oppose modern Dispensational Theology.

When Benjamin Newton would not accept John Darby's adoption of the "Secret Rapture" of the Irvingites and Darby's division of scripture into that for the Church and that for Israel, Darby made a personal attack upon Newton.

This is still happening today. There is a nationally known pastor and writer who abandoned Dispensationalism within the last couple of years. He and his ministry have come under personal attack by others who call themselves Christians, but are really wolves in sheep's clothing. It is one of the main ways that Dispensational Theology defends itself. Since it is not scriptural, it uses personal attack.

You present lecture of me falls under this pattern of behavior seen much too often on forums such as this and even in our nation's churches.

Act_20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

It is no wonder the modern Church is suffering.
Those who oppose unscriptural doctrine are attacked.
Some things never change.

Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

Heb 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

Heb 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

baberean2,

1. I never said anything wrong with you but your context being wrong I have.
It has nothing to do with because you oppose dispensational theology.
I have read better arguments than yours that oppose dispensational theology.

2. I am not personally attacking you because you have a difference of opinion. If anything I get onto you because you refuse to believe what I am saying in its full context and make it one sided or say it with a slant to bolster your view. It is called defending what I really said.

3. It is plain that the original argument was whether or not an old covenant jew could not live the whole law perfectly and I showed the scriptures and you denied it and brought in other things that didn't line up with the context or the time factor.

4. It is plain that when you said Christ was the only one to ever live the law perfectly and later added all his life I disagreed with the first part but agreed with the latter part. Christ was not born into sin and we were and that disqualifies us to begin with in equating us with Christ in that respect.

5. You gave the perception that one cannot be sinless ever and then you came back with events or certain times that were favorable times that one can get you into the mood so to speak and were highly probable. There was not one thing you mentioned directly about when you go through trials and tribulations.

6. You think whatever position is different than yours is not scriptural? That is the perception when you said it is not scriptural it is a personal attack.

7. I told you repeatedly I believe in dispensations but I don't believe in every jot and tittle that some dispensationalists say or the way they say it. And yet at the same time you believe the berean theology is the ultimate scriptural position. So upon your theory that I believe it is not scriptural it is a personal attack.

8. Because Darby made a personal attack on Newton that means I am personally attacking you? That is the perception you give! I have stated numerous times that it is not about personal attacks on your difference of opinion. I will defend what I believe the truth to be and I will hold your feet to the fire scripturally in proper context, etc.
As far as what you say about being lectured is not about lecturing, but at the same time we are on a theology forum which are designed to contend for the faith. I still apologized if I sounded condescending so does this post mean you refuse my apology?
Your perception of me is a wolf in sheep's clothing? That is the perception you give. I haven't retaliated with personal attacks on you because that may be what you think of me.

9. At the same time I know you can claim this as true of me because of your idea that my position is not scriptural. The fact is you use many scriptural reference that fit the type of error you think I make. The fact is that you haven't been able to prove me wrong with the full context of scripture that I have given on the subject and your reasoning has been flawed which I have proved by scripture and by sheer common sense. Most of the time you will not defend these things but go onto showing something else and the ones you try to defend you fail at and deny. So you can disagree with me all you want, you can disagree with dispensationalism till you are blue in the face but the real truth is that you have not been fair and you have failed in rebuttal.

10. You wrote sarcastically that you guess you are not or will never be as good a christian as me knowing I never said that or implied that. I have said time after time this has nothing to do with one better than the other and yet you keep being untruthful time after time by saying and implying that is what I believe.

11. Do I call you on it? Yes and it is right for me to do so because this is a no spin zone.
The modern church suffers because of legalism and strife and heresies and false prophets and I agree with that.

12. My posting is based on proper biblical hermeneutics and reconciling the scriptures properly, not calling people false prophets because they have what I believe is a dangerous doctrine.

13. I don't think you are necessarily a false prophet because I don't think that is what your motive is. I think you are consumed with your denominational belief and because you don't want to be completely open and pliable to the truth.

14. I told you about the man in the mirror and what it reveals who one really is no matter what they profess. This doesn't necessarily mean they are not a christian because he is talking to christians.

15. I also said you don't have to say anything to anyone because it is between you and God to fess up and come into line with the truth before God because in the end he is the ultimate judge.

16. I have tried to be apologetic but you want to make out like I have a vendetta and think everyone is inferior to me because I am strong in explaining the context of scripture concerning a subject across the board. If the truth was known you probably more aggravated with my delivery or because I always have a word to prove you wrong. Who knows? It may be you don't really know.

17. If you want to discuss about dispensationalism of how I think about it I will be glad to do that according to the scriptures and why it is important and what may not be right with it.
Jerry kelso

Upvote 0