Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The really cool thing about the use of the rainbow as a celebration of the LGBTQ movement is that it corresponds beautifully with the biblical account.

God looks at the world, sees all the sin, and decides to wipe out the whole operation with a big flood. But then God looked down on the destruction He had wrought and He repented of it. He decided never again to engage in retribution for sin. And in token of that decision, he set his war-bow in the sky as the rainbow.

It's really a beautiful symbol of the way that Christians are gradually deciding to become more in-tune with God's way of thinking. We're giving up our judgmentalism and our theology of retribution, and deciding that love is actually the answer - just like Jesus showed us.
God "repented" like He was an ordinary person? What denomination are you?

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Says the guy with 23 posts? Seriously, read your Bible, it explicitly says what the sins of S&G were.

Ezekeiel 16:49-50, Matthew 10:14-15, Isaiah 1. Knock yourself out. Get back to us.

23 posts? It is my thread, after all....
I know what the sins of S&G were.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can someone please explain to me why the LGBTQ (and whatever other letters they added on) hijacked the symbol of God's promise to His people that He would never flood the earth again? I find this blasphemous!
Unbeknownst to them...it's a sign of the times - end times, and God's promise: First water, then fire.

Upvote 0