Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well known fact that only Christians are allowed to use rainbow imagery! In fact, I don't think non-Christians should even be allowed to LOOK at rainbows!

It is NOT about Christians using the rainbow. It is about GOD, who created the rainbow, using it for HIS purposes only!

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm surprised you think them so powerful.

Unfortunately, they are pretty powerful, because they were capable of intruding into our schools, churches, and lives, and they have even changed the law. People are being forced to accept their lifestyle or be demonized.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, they are pretty powerful, because they were capable of intruding into our schools, churches, and lives, and they have even changed the law. People are being forced to accept their lifestyle or be demonized.
Intruding into "your" churches, huh?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is NOT about Christians using the rainbow. It is about GOD, who created the rainbow, using it for HIS purposes only!
So not even Christians can use the rainbow now? I'm not sure you've thought this argument all the way through...

Upvote 0

Born Again2004

May 10, 2016
Texas
✟8,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But isn't being proud of unrepentant sin
For me that is the problem with LGBT / Liberal /Progressive movement in the world is the unrepentant sin.
Jesus said that everything is allowable but he said not everything is profitable....It just so happens that God set the standards and he is a just God to stand by those standards...being unrepentant sinner is not profitable!

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So not even Christians can use the rainbow now? I'm not sure you've thought this argument all the way through...

I don't think you understand what I'm getting at. You wrote a response implying that the Christians do not have a patent on the rainbow. I am trying to say that God is the one who has a patent on it, because He created it. This passage is actually in the Old Testament, so I am sure that Jewish people believe that too. It's not that it's a "Christian" thing, it is a God thing. The LGBTQ took this and made this their own. What their rainbow stands for is sinful in God's eyes.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I don't like it either. Can't wear anything rainbow colored now, including my Pink Floyd shirt, without being uncomfortable. People who didn't know Pink Floyd for example would get the impression is stands for Gay Pride.

I don't see the rainbow itself being defiled, even when on clothes, because the rainbow itself is a holy thing. I don't think it's possible for it to be defiled like that, see my picture attached. Nothing really says "gay" in it to me, just a picture of a rainbow.

It's when you wear the colors by themselves, that's when Gay Pride comes to mind.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/014/1/6319030/il_fullxfull.415890187_2ehq.jpg
compared to
http://chicagotribune.chictrib.netd...eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/0/104494f_5.jpg

Upvote 0

Circle Christ

TrueLuv: Jesus died-4-U Knowing you may not care
Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For me that is the problem with LGBT / Liberal /Progressive movement in the world is the unrepentant sin.
Jesus said that everything is allowable but he said not everything is profitable....It just so happens that God set the standards and he is a just God to stand by those standards...being unrepentant sinner is not profitable!
Paul was the one that said that about all things allowable in 1 Corinthians 10:23.

No, being unrepentant as a sinner is not profitable. And likely it can be said marching with pride in one's sins isn't that which implies those marchers are apt to repent any time soon.

Yeah, I don't like it either. Can't wear anything rainbow colored now, including my Pink Floyd shirt, without being uncomfortable. People who didn't know Pink Floyd for example would get the impression is stands for Gay Pride.

I don't see the rainbow itself being defiled, even when on clothes, because the rainbow itself is a holy thing. I don't think it's possible for it to be defiled like that, see my picture attached. Nothing really says "gay" in it to me, just a picture of a rainbow.

It's when you wear the colors by themselves, that's when Gay Pride comes to mind.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/014/1/6319030/il_fullxfull.415890187_2ehq.jpghttp://chicagotribune.chictrib.netd...eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/0/104494f_5.jpg

I think that was the intention behind co-opting the rainbow. Attaching it to the movement made it the first thing after all these years people think of when they see a rainbow sticker, shirt, or anything else with the rainbow attached. Gay pride.

The media even added to that impression during one of the memorials for the Orlando victims. A news helicopter relayed the feed of a perfect rainbow near the event.
It was overcast and rainy. And the sun was out behind the clouds. That had everything to do with the rainbow appearing naturally. But because it was there during a memorial for the Orlando massacre victims it was reported as a sign for the event.

Maybe a reclaim the rainbow movement needs to be started by Christians? The rainbow I'm wearing doesn't mean I'm gay any more than it means the gay that's wearing it accepts the truth of Jesus Christ. Or, the teachings in the Bible.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think you understand what I'm getting at. You wrote a response implying that the Christians do not have a patent on the rainbow. I am trying to say that God is the one who has a patent on it, because He created it. This passage is actually in the Old Testament, so I am sure that Jewish people believe that too. It's not that it's a "Christian" thing, it is a God thing. The LGBTQ took this and made this their own. What their rainbow stands for is sinful in God's eyes.

God made the color pink, too. And He made triangles. What are your thoughts on gay people wearing pink triangles? Is that a perversion of God's creations, too?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Circle Christ

Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God made the color pink, too. And He made triangles. What are your thoughts on gay people wearing pink triangles? Is that a perversion of God's creations, too?
I believe interjecting that is a matter of apples and acorns comparison.

The Rosa Winkel, pink triangle, and Godwin's law occurring here are irrelevant to this topic.

Please people don't follow the derailing . Let's keep to the Rainbow that is the actual topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Let's keep to the Rainbow that is the actual topic.

Do, lets!

Nobody wears rainbows. They just wear colors. A rainbow isn't a thing. It's just an optical effect.

The OP's rant is pointless.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's so frustrating when people who don't share your believes do their own thing, isn't it?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, that was my immediate reaction, since God made everything, is there anything people who disagree with OP's beliefs get to use? Oxygen?

Last edited:
Reactions: SepiaAndDust
Upvote 0

Circle Christ

Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 3 /16-21

God loved the world this way: He gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but to save the world. 18 Those who believe in him won’t be condemned. But those who don’t believe are already condemned because they don’t believe in God’s only Son.

19 This is why people are condemned: The light came into the world. Yet, people loved the dark rather than the light because their actions were evil. 20 People who do what is wrong hate the light and don’t come to the light. They don’t want their actions to be exposed. 21 But people who do what is true come to the light so that the things they do for God may be clearly seen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Circle Christ

Feb 25, 2016
Missionary
✟2,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If, as some would tell us, the rainbow is not a thing and is but an optical effect then the pride movement made the error of adopting no-thing but an optical illusion -i.e false appearance; false belief.

That could be as God wills too. God works all things for his good. And sin cannot overcome God or his purposes.

The rainbow in Christian's belief is a covenant God made with Noah and his family and all humanity for all time. It was God's creation as a seal upon the promise. After the world was drowned for its many sins. The parable is there. The meaning is sacred.
It is then with premeditation and purpose perhaps that a sinful community chose to take a rainbow seal of God's for all that it means, when God's word also condemns their sin as they know, in order to parade it as the banner that upholds and proudly identifies that sin is championed in mass. Mocking the covenant after the destruction of like kind before their time.
If the rainbow is nothing then of all symbols identifying a movement something other could have been chosen.
Its use, that choice, was premeditated blasphemy.

God is not mocked.
Reclaim the Rainbow. And do not fear that a human agenda is more powerful than God. Man's laws cannot make you turn on your faith or accept that any sin is respectable. Love the sinner, hate the sin. :)

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi folks.

I have a question about the rainbow. Or just rainbows. I always thought they were one of the most beautiful things God has ever made. When I was barely hanging onto life during my cancer, sometimes I'd look outside and see one. Sometimes Dad or Mom picked me up and carried me to a window or outside so I could look at one.

For my birthday, my sweet fiance Ben gave me a bird feeder and a small jewelry box that he had handmade and painted. Both of them look like they're wrapped in rainbows; he's an excellent artist. I love these; will he be forced to repaint them?

I know now this is the symbol of the LGBT. Will I have to change or destroy all my cherished possessions that have rainbows on them? I have a rainbow air freshener for my truck, and if you buy these, half of the proceeds go to the Wildlife Fund thingy you see on TV with the tigers and the pandas and the gorillas and those owls the size of Boeing 747s. I have three rainbow bookmarks with that Bible verse on them from Genesis and two rainbow tea towels with matching rainbow potholders which are super-thick, perfect for cooking with cast iron.

What do I do? I don't think of wanting to be a man or LGBT junk when I use them. I smile because of the Biblical promise and because I just simply like rainbows. I always have; even Mom said I've loved them since I was tiny. And I like being a girl, so it's not some weird trigger.

Can I keep these, or no?

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Armoured, why are you here? To genuinely seek God or to be a troll?
Says the guy with 23 posts? Seriously, read your Bible, it explicitly says what the sins of S&G were.

Ezekeiel 16:49-50, Matthew 10:14-15, Isaiah 1. Knock yourself out. Get back to us.

Upvote 0